Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,737 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa (18265 Views)

Checkout Jackie Appiah's Controversial T-shirt That Got Fans Talking / Queen Nwokoye Wins Best Actress At BON After Clinching ZAFAA Award / Who Is More Pretty, Jackie Appiah Or Nigerian Actress Genevieve Nnaji? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by nellaluv(f): 2:47am On Apr 19, 2010
[img]http://www.nigeriafilms.com/thumb2.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L2phY2tpLmpwZw==&s=NC8xOS8yMDEw&w=188[/img]
It's indeed a golden age for actress, Jackie
Appiah, as she continues to be on the rise following her 'Best Actress in a Leading Role' honour at the just concluded African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA), held in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital, for her role in 'Perfect
Picture'. The Ghananian actress who played the role of a flustered wife battling with sexual incompatibility with her new husband, has described her new achievement as exciting and a beautiful feeling.
The prolific, young and beautiful actress is not new to the AMAA awards; in 2007 she won the 'Best Actress in a Supporting Role' for her role in Beyonce and was nominated the following year for 'Best Actress in a
Leading Role' for her role in Princess Tyra. No doubt about it, winning the award this year brings a good sense of achievement and growth for her.
"It was a beautiful feeling and I'm just so happy. It shows that God is on my side and people are out there watching my works and appreciating what i do", she comments.
Jackie hopes that this achivement would take her career to the next level. "Being the queen for the African Movie Academy Awards in 2010 as Best Actress comes with a lot. Yea, probably my fees will go higher a little; let's see. But I will choose good scripts, good movies, good directors, and good crews. I will ask for good cast; I will make sure I know whom I am working with". She explains.
Our source confirmed to us that jackie recently finished shooting a production alongside Nigerian sensation, Yemi Blaq in which she plays the role of a female rapper. There is certainly a lot more to come from the reigning queen of African cinema.
It is indeed palpable that Jackie's victory was a well deserved one, as no one could bemoan her flawless victory.

source
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 19, 2010
She deserved it, love that gurl.

My babe dropped a few pounds, I see.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 19, 2010
She absolutely deserve it. she is my favourite actress now days.
and she is looking classy and elegant.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 19, 2010
Well done, Ms Appiah.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 8:35am On Apr 19, 2010
She's good but Best? They've gotta be kidding. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by nellaluv(f): 8:43am On Apr 19, 2010
FL Gators:

She deserved it, love that gurl.

My babe dropped a few pounds, I see.
yes she did, she looks like a toothpick. Good for her.

Siena:

Well done, Ms Appiah.
it's Mrs she's a married woman, show some respect, lol tongue
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by masido(f): 10:20am On Apr 19, 2010
Missy B:

She's good but Best? They've gotta be kidding. undecided

They are not kidding o, she is really good.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 10:24am On Apr 19, 2010
Not [Yet] Good enough to be the Best in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
Lol, how can she be the best actress in Africa if she isn't even the best actress in Ghana. Sorry, but I dont think the girl can act that well. She looks really pretty in that pic though.

We have to set the bar higher.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 3:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
Not [Yet] Good enough to be the Best in Africa.

But she won the award, whats the problem!!

If it was the Gold-digger aka Genevieve that won it it would be a different story
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by johnterry4: 3:54pm On Apr 19, 2010
nellaluv:

bad mouth.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by sjeezy8: 4:29pm On Apr 19, 2010
shes sexy
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by 9ce(m): 4:37pm On Apr 19, 2010
she's good and think he really deserve the award. . . . . the male category goes to Ramsey Nouah
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
omar22:

But she won the award, whats the problem!!

If it was the Gold-digger aka Genevieve that won it it would be a different story
spot on! (though I wouldn't called genny a gold digger)
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by sley4life(m): 4:51pm On Apr 19, 2010
i agree. Many 9ja actress are whack. They look at the screen most times
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 4:55pm On Apr 19, 2010
IMO purely on acting ability, Genny is far better than Jackie. I find Jackie very fake most of the time. Anyway, Jackie has won, so she should enjoy it. I would say that Yvonne Nelson, was unfairly overlooked also.

@sleyflife, Naija actresses are WAAAAAAY better than their Ghanaian counterparts sorry. Stella, Omo t, even Chioma Chukwuka, Dakore, they dont have actresses that match these women sorry.

I see no depth in their actresses.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by baeyy(m): 4:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
WHAT THE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, this girl, this girl you got to be kidding me, this girl, best actress, WTF, i dont even know where to start from.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 5:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
omar22:

But she won the award,  whats the problem!!
That she won, doesn't make her Qualified.
As for Gene, stop hating.  tongue Talent na God's Gift. It's either You have it or Not.

londoner:

Lol, how can she be the best actress in Africa if she isn't even the best actress in Ghana. Sorry, but I dont think the girl can act that well. She looks really pretty in that pic though.
Abi O. She's not ''all that''. Being able to produce tears easily is one thing, being able to interpret every role very well and Wow Your viewers is anatha thing.

She deh try but No way near being the Best. NA BEANS?! grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by ibabalol: 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2010
Duh!!!!
what do you expect
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by SamMilla1(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
Seriously this Appiah is not even close to most our actresses. I have watched few of her acts and she is nothing in the class of Genevive and Ini edo.
Those who gave her the award [prolly males] knows what they are looking for.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by nellaluv(f): 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2010
johnterry4: bad mouth.
it's a free world baby cool
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by denitro(m): 6:18pm On Apr 19, 2010
African movies suck.
So what are we celebrating.
I slept through the movie "Prefect picture". Or was it just me.
Jackie is a good actress, we need better stories and better director and equipment
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by MissyB1(m): 6:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
denitro:

African movies suck.
So what are we celebrating
I slept through the movie "Prefect picture". Or was it just me.
Jackie is a good actress, we need better stories and better director and equipment
I beg to differ, abeg.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by mamagee3(f): 6:30pm On Apr 19, 2010
Jackie of all actresses winning the Best Actress in Africa. . .

That Award should have gone to Ini Edo in my opinion, for her acting alone and not for her Obesed size, lol.
grin
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by dominique(f): 6:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
still my fav Ghanaian actress kiss
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
nellaluv:

sexiest looking toothpick I've ever seen.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by omar22(m): 6:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
IMO purely on acting ability, Genny is far better than Jackie.

wHY Didnt she win it, Jackie holds the crown, and till next year when we have a new winner, you lot need to stop the bitterness,

The whole world thought James Cameron's Avata would win picture of the year but it went to his ex wife for the Hurt Locker, nobody cried over spoilt milk
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by yme1(f): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2010
wow that is nice  smiley
best of luck to her
nellaluv:

she is perfect this way dear, not that slim and not that fat,
she is sweet kiss kiss
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by londoner: 7:11pm On Apr 19, 2010
@Omar22, you need to allow people their opinions, I have mine just like you have yours. I feel she is not a good actress I am entitled to my view. I also feel" a perfect picture" was absolutes garbage, Although the quality of the picture and the sound was a breakthrough as well as the directing. Until now, I can not tell you what the storyline was. Apart from a friggid honeymoon night.

I think we need to raise the bar.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Gamine(f): 7:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
This was the first movie i watched when i travelled for Holiday.
I watched because everyone was watching, rubbish movie, epileptic acting
But then again thats the Industrys standard, mediocrity.
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2010
nellaluv:

And you should do some research:

Mrs = married.
Miss = unmarried.
Ms = either married or unmarried.

If you're not clear about any issues, then ask, I'll happily educate you. "Ms" is used when the status of a lady is not known. Visit Wikipedia, if you're still not clear with my explanation.

American

The American Heritage Book of English Usage states that: "Using Ms. obviates the need for the guesswork involved in figuring out whether to address someone as Mrs. or Miss: you can’t go wrong with Ms. Whether the woman you are addressing is married or unmarried, has changed her name or not, Ms. is always correct."[15]

In business, "Ms." is the standard default title for women until or unless an individual makes another preference known, and this default is also becoming more common socially. The default use of Ms. is also championed by a number of etiquette writers, including Judith Martin (a.k.a. "Miss Manners"

British

The Times (UK) states in its style guide that: "Ms is nowadays fully acceptable when a woman wants to be called thus, or when it is not known for certain if she is Mrs or Miss"[17]. The Guardian, which restricts its use of honorific titles to leading articles, states in its style guide: "use Ms for women,  unless they have expressed a preference for Miss or Mrs".[18]

Most women in the UK style themselves either "Miss" or "Mrs"[citation needed]. However, in some circles the appellation Ms is now standard, for instance in business or where one may not know or find relevant the marital status of the woman so addressed. Ms can also be used if the woman in question is divorced and reverts to her maiden name. Additionally, she may have changed her name by deed poll and use Ms because it is neither a married nor a maiden name.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms.

Next time, please be sure of yourself, before wrongly criticizing, and showing yourself up!
Re: Jackie Appiah: Best Actress In Africa by teeluv(m): 7:26pm On Apr 19, 2010
its funny, we hosted d event cant we at least have done a repeat of d anambra state election, i wasnt xpecting any nigerian to host it anyways,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hottest Hollywood Celebrity Leelee Sobieski Latest Hot Shoot / "Women Can Never Be Equal To Men" - Huddah Monroe / Nigerians Blast Miracle Over His 'imaginary Relationship' Statement On Nina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.