Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University (51434 Views)

Alex Ekwueme University Is Totally Off The Grid. / Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike Ikwo Ebonyi In Pictures! An Eyesore / Buhari Renames Federal University Ebonyi, Alex Ekwueme University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by BlackPeni5: 11:48am On Feb 04, 2018
When GEJ renamed Unilag as MAULAG, he was nearly crucified and all the supposed Abiola lovers preferred that Unilag retains its name rather than immortalized their hero.

Now PMB has renamed Ebonyi University as Alex Ekwueme University and the whole Nation is quiet.

So what's really the difference between these two situations.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Desyner: 11:55am On Feb 04, 2018
One paid scam prophets to cast spell over the populace and tried to make them love him, the other arms nameless illiterates and back them by the defence to instill fear. It is better to be feared than to be loved.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Biggie225(m): 11:56am On Feb 04, 2018
Igbos are intelligent people. They understand situations accurately unlike yorubas.

294 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Reminez(m): 11:57am On Feb 04, 2018
BlackPeni5:
When GEJ renamed Unilag as MAULAG, he was nearly crucified and all the supposed Abiola lovers preferred that Unilag retains its name rather than immortalized their hero.

Now PMB has renamed Ebonyi University as Alex Ekwueme University and the whole Nation is quiet.

So what's really the difference between these two situations.
If you and your kind don't like it , then protest. Why come here to rant
By the way, you can't compare UNILAG, a first generation university with all the history and heritage with some obscure glorified kindergarten somewhere in poto poto land.

273 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Guestlander: 11:59am On Feb 04, 2018
Biggie225:
Igbos are intelligent people. They understand situations accurately unlike yorubas.

Uwazurike obviously do not share your thoughts. Hear what he said.

"No, no, no; I wish I could use a stronger word. The Igbo tribe is the most foolish tribe I have ever seen in the world. While the Yoruba embraced unity, the Igbo man was the person speaking Hausa in Jos; the Igbo man was the one donating money against his own brother in Jos to another candidate. Is that a wise tribe? "

167 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Obinwenite(m): 12:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Is all because of hatred!,Good luck was an innocent man,with love for Nigeria. All the protest you saw during his era was all borne out of hatred.

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by BlackPeni5: 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
Reminez:

By the way, you can't compare UNILAG, a first generation university with all the history and heritage with some obscure glorified kindergarten somewhere in poto poto land.

So Abiola is not worthy of being immortalized because Unilag is bigger than him?

197 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by jaymichael(m): 12:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
Obinwenite:
Is all because of hatred!,Good luck was an innocent man,with love for Nigeria. All the protest you saw during his era was all borne out of hatred.
Make we hear word abeg. GEJ is hated, GEJ is this and that, When he was elected in 2011 he wasn't hated abi? person wey failed woefully you dey come here dey ask why them hate am.

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by BlackPeni5: 12:26pm On Feb 04, 2018
Obinwenite:

I also don't think it was hatred for GEJ cos Buhari is hated now even more than Jonathan was in 2014.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
It is out of pride that university of Lagos wasn't renamed. Aside that The Federal university in Ebony is a new one so changing it's name is no big deal.
We have the likes of UNN but it was not renamed. Haven't you wonder why UNN wasn't changed?

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by HigherEd: 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
Biggie225:
Let us try renaming UNN to Alex Ekueme University and we shall see how progressive you would still claim to be. If Jonathan renamed FUOYE or even FUNAAB as Moshood Abiola no qualms. But to go after Unilag a First generation university is just really ridiculous
Lalasticlala

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by dejt4u(m): 1:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
buhari learned from GEJ's mistake.

Nobody in SW would have raised an eyebrow if it was FUOYE in Ekiti state GEJ renamed after MKO.

Nobody should dare to rename the following Universities, Uniben, Unilag, Uniport, Unilorin, UI, UNN etc. you dont toy with first, second and 3rd generations universities. their names are their first identity, their heritage. changing them will affect so many things about them

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by HigherEd: 1:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
Its just like the Prime Minister of UK trying to rename Oxford university. She go enter serious trouble

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by d33types: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
HigherEd:
Its just like the Prime Minister of UK trying to rename Oxford university. She go enter serious trouble

Faux intellectualism .How will a government official even think of renaming a university which is more private than public?

For Oxford university , The british government does not own the university assets, university staff are not considered to be civil servants, and as of 2014, roughly 85% of the Universities’ income comes from “private” sources (student fees, endowments and investment portfolios and so on and so forth)..

5 Likes

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by HigherEd: 2:14pm On Feb 04, 2018
d33types:

Faux intellectualism .How will a government official even think of renaming a university which is more private than public?

I think you get my point...you can easily replace the Oxford with University of Capetown or University of California - Berkeley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by d33types: 2:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
HigherEd:

I think you get my point...you can easily replace the Oxford with University of Capetown or University of California - Berkeley
You're even bonkers than I thought.
Ebonyi federal university is a public university, and they have the right to rename. Why in hell' s would the PM try to rename Oxford? You nor sabi correlate things?

Ooh Lord ,where is the facepalm meme

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by HigherEd: 2:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
d33types:

You're even bonkers than I thought.
Ebonyi federal university is a public university, and they have the right to rename.
Ooh Lord ,where is the facepalm meme
Lol this one no get sense again o. Where did I dispute that the federal university in Ebonyi is a public university undecided
As per Oxford or even Cambridge there is truly a thin line between Private and public university in the UK however many folks would agree that both are public institutions though with full autonomy - the University autonomy is the very reason govt doesn't lay claim to their assets or try to interfere with their governing structure but that doesn't make Oxford a private university.

The presence of Private funding does not also alter a public university into a private one either because most universities have private funding irrespective of who owns them. Quit spewing your ignorance.
Most public universities in the west are not necessarily controlled by the government however that doesn't make them less of a public uni.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by SammieJayh(m): 3:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
BlackPeni5:

So Abiola is not worthy of being immortalized because Unilag is bigger than him?

Yes...unilag already had a record... And MAULAG wouldn't have sounded too good...
Buhari should try renaming UNN or UI and see the reactions

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by FisifunKododada: 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Obinwenite:

The SINGULAR reason GEJ became president was because the Yorubas STOOD up for him against the Northern oligarch. After he attained power, GEJ, in his infinite foolishness, marginalized the Yorubas. So when re-election came - we taught that ogogoro drinking buffoon a very bitter lesson.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Homeboiy: 5:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
lipsrsealed mmm

One chance
Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by akeentech(m): 5:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
How can President rename State University and not Federal University?
Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by cooldave234(m): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
But last last, you no get sense.... cant you have quality and intelligent submissions without direct abuse of a trib
Use that brain please
Biggie225:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by nairavsdollars(f): 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
The best university in the South East is a glorified secondary school in South West

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
Reminez:

6 Likes

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Fellywood(m): 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
jaymichael:
Make we hear word abeg. GEJ is hated, GEJ is this and that, When he was elected in 2011 he wasn't hated abi? person wey failed woefully you dey come here dey ask why them hate am.
Clap for yourself & your corruption fighter god grin grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by thesettingz(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
What's the basis of this post

2 Likes

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Olateef(m): 5:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
I have a girlfriend who is a police officer. When she misses me, she just come to my house in uniform and arrest me in presence of my wife and take me to her home till the next day.

Then she bring me back and tell my wife “we are not done with investigations yet. I shall pick him up anytime we want more from him“

And my innocent wife will always say: 'madam officer, God bless you for handling my husband's case with care I will make sure he is always available anytime you need him''.

5 Likes

Re: Moshood Abiola University Vs Alex Ekwueme University by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
cheesy

Its very simple.... During the change of name for unilag, MKO Abiola already had two tertiary institutions named after him, so why naming a third one after him?? Him get 3 heads?

Secondly, the prestigious institution is among the first generation university and has already made name. The mention of UNILAG alone has this swag that comes with it as a mega school in a mega city in a mega location... For those who dont know, the fight to revert the name back to unilag was fought by the ALUMNI not the student.

So therefore you can't just wake up and change the name to MAulag... dafuk ??.. sounds like incantation.

God bless UNILAG. I never regretted schooling there!!

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ambrose Alli University In Pictures / When You Are The First Graduate In Your Village. / Meet Linus Opara, A High Ranking Nigerian Professional In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.