Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Entrepreneurs In Software Development. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Entrepreneurs In Software Development. (1006 Views)

Why Covid-19 Outbreak Is Pushing Startups To Invest In Software Development? / Interested In Software Development? – Start With This Free Course / Promising Career In Software Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Entrepreneurs In Software Development. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
Fellow entrepreneurs, how were you able to convince your folks, parents, friends et all. That entrepreneurship is the path you want to religiously tour.

There's so much pressure for one to get employed the 9-5 (8-4 in naija). The self employed path is akin to suicide, especially in this part of the world.

On the positive side, there are many untapped opportunities here, from solutions to everyday problems with software development, agriculture to value addition to agric commodities.

Ofcourse our parents arent the only ones to blame, our society respects more the 9-5ver living in a rented apartment with so much financial responsibilities to fulfill than the next door farmer that produces over 200 bags of maize in a year for example.

I want to learn from your experiences, how were you able to convince your folks, and how did things pan out for you moving forward. I believe we have entrepreneurs here.

I also understand it won't be easy, so contributions would be appreciated from all. I mean those who didn't go past secondary school, those who went to higher institutions or dropped out of them. Those who started the 9-5 for startup money and those who didn't at all.

In conclusion, I'll leave this by Elon Musk here.

“Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and staring into the abyss of death."

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs In Software Development. by teampregar(m): 3:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
Really challenging, especially when people close to you dont believe in you

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs In Software Development. by funsho75(m): 7:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
There is no way you can convince them...
People will not support u both financially and mentally..

All u need to do is never up and prove yourself.. Until you start showing a level of success bfor anybody will be support u...

Am in the same shoe with you.. Lol

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Are You Interested In How To Design Android Apps? / Udemy Or Codeacademy / Are You Interested In GIS Ask Any Question And Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.