Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,271 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:32 AM

How Does Cryptocurrency Work? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Does Cryptocurrency Work? (1512 Views)

How Does Naijapay Income Program Works? / How Does A Music download site Like Notjustok.com Earn Money? / Please What Is Internet Radio and how does it work ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by anoda(m): 2:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
hello, i've been hearing about cryptocurrency is and it seems very lucrative, pls guys help me out, how does it work can i buy one with USD and can i use the to trade
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
anoda:
hello, i've been hearing about cryptocurrency is and it seems very lucrative, pls guys help me out, how does it work can i buy one with USD and can i use the to trade

What is Crypto currency
Cryptocurrency is an encrypted decentralized digital currency transferred between peers and confirmed in a public ledger via a process known cryptocurrencies like bitcoin work. First, let’s review the basics and essentials of cryptocurrency, and then we will do an overview of the other properties that have made cryptocurrency what it is today.
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
The Cryptocurrency Basics

To understand how cryptocurrency works, you’ll need to learn a few basic concepts. Specifically:

Public Ledgers: All confirmed transactions from the start of a cryptocurrency’s creation are stored in a public ledger. The identities of the coin owners are encrypted, and the system uses other cryptographic techniques to ensure the legitimacy of record keeping. The ledger ensures that corresponding “digital wallets” can calculate an accurate spendable balance. Also, new transactions can be checked to ensure that each transaction uses only coins currently owned by the spender. Bitcoin calls this public ledger a “transaction block chain.”

Transactions: A transfer of funds between two digital wallets is called a transaction. That transaction gets submitted to a public ledger and awaits confirmation. When a transaction is made, wallets use an encrypted electronic signature (an encrypted piece of data called a cryptographic signature) to provide a mathematical proof that the transaction is coming from the owner of the wallet. The confirmation process takes a bit of time (ten minutes for bitcoin) while “miners” mine. Mining confirms the transactions and adds them to the public ledger.

Mining: Quite simply, mining is the process of confirming transactions and adding them to a public ledger. To add a transaction to the ledger, the “miner” must solve an increasingly-complex computational problem (like a mathematical puzzle). Mining is open source so that anyone can confirm the transaction. The first “miner” to solve the puzzle adds a “block” of transactions to the ledger. The way in which transactions, blocks, and the public blockchain ledger work together ensure that no one individual can easily add or change a block at will. Once a block is added to the ledger, all correlating transactions are permanent and they add a small transaction fee to the miner’s wallet (along with newly created coins). The mining process is what gives value to the coins and is known as a proof-of-work system.
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2018
Everything You Need to Know to Start Trading Cryptocurrencies Like Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Ethereum
We explain how to trade cryptocurrency for beginners. To start trading cryptocurrency you need to choose a cryptocurrency wallet and an exchange to trade on.

From there it is as simple as filling out a form and waiting for the transaction to process (once your information is verified with the exchange you pick).

In other words, if you want to trade cryptocurrency you need:

A cryptocurrency wallet (or two).
A cryptocurrency exchange (or two) to trade on.
Simple as that. The rest of the page will explain the details and other important things to know.

How to invest in cryptocurrency: If you want to invest in cryptocurrency, and not just buy/sell/trade, then you have a few options. New investors can choose between (to be continued)

Hi
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by anoda(m): 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks guys, i've been mining monero and bytecoin with an app call minergate, have you guys heard of it?

1 Like

Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by afaatng: 3:07pm On Mar 14, 2018
anoda:
Thanks guys, i've been mining monero and bytecoin with an app call minergate, have you guys heard of it?

Have you earned via the minergate app? Please get back to me.

Thanks.
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by opend: 9:49am On Feb 22, 2021
Cryptocurrency in the near future will be on par with the dollar, and soon it will be trusted by many, and on this I want to earn by investing in it. All that remains is to keep an eye on coinigy charts and occasionally buy more when finances allow.
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by carol1107: 8:39am On Mar 10, 2021
Because of their availability, immutability and low transaction fees, and potentially high speed (along with anonymity if necessary), cryptocurrencies have more and more applications every day. That said, we have yet to find out what this technology is really capable of.

With thousands of small businesses, large corporations and entire states entering this market, it is only a matter of time before cryptocurrencies become the new standard for financial transactions.

Do you know which cryptocurrencies are the best for scalping right now? I found a lot of expert opinions on this, go here to read it.
Re: How Does Cryptocurrency Work? by iFindhub(m): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2021
Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that uses a decentralized system to record and control the creation of units of currency. A cryptocurrency is a type of digital currency designed to work as a medium of exchange.

The first cryptocurrency to capture the attention of the mainstream public was Bitcoin, which was created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, an alias for an individual or group that created the first blockchain.

Cryptocurrency is a digital currency that uses a decentralized system to record and control the creation of units of currency. A cryptocurrency is a type of digital currency designed to work as a medium of exchange.

The first cryptocurrency to capture the attention of the mainstream public was Bitcoin, which was created in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto, an alias for an individual or group that created the first blockchain.

We picked out some terms from the explanation above. A decentralized system, digital currency, Bitcoin, and blockchain. Let’s see what these terms mean so it will help us better understand what cryptocurrency is all about.

The “crypto” in cryptocurrencies refers to complicated cryptography that allows for the creation and processing of digital currencies and their transactions across decentralized systems.

Alongside this important “crypto” feature of these currencies is a common commitment to decentralization; cryptocurrencies are typically developed as code by teams who build in mechanisms for issuance (often, although not always, through a process called “mining”) and other controls.

Read more @
[url] https://cryptohodl.tech/what-is-cryptocurrency-beginners-guide/[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Identity V unlimited echoes hack download Android iOS / PHP support :: php ebooks etc / What Are The Challenges Faced By Nigeria Web Hosting companies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.