Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,459 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:34 PM

A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. (1623 Views)

5 Years No Admission: Depression Is Taking Over Me / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / No Admission For Students With Tattoos At Akwa Ibom University - V.C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Swankyprince(m): 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Kindly let's make this go viral. Don't understand the requirement jamb is using to give out admission. A student made an excellent results in Jamb, Waec and Post UME but still not given admission into the University of Ilorin. This is a total injustice.

Please let this go to the front page and go viral because I think social media is the only tool we masses have to fight against injustice in this country.

1 Share

Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by engrjosefz(m): 3:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
wow... This is really excellent results. But d problems with Naija sch is discrimination! to some extent.

Let her go and apply for the Federal Government BEA scholarship for abroad studies with DAT WAEC result.

wish her all the best...!!!

1 Like

Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Swankyprince(m): 4:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
Pls move this to the front page.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by LaudateII: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
Swankyprince:
Kindly let's make this go viral. Don't understand the requirement jamb is using to give out admission. A student made an excellent results in Jamb, Waec and Post UME but still not given admission into the University of Ilorin. This is a total injustice.

Please let this go to the front page and go viral because I think social media is the only tool we masses have to fight against injustice in this country.
Has he or she made contact with the admissions office of Unilorin to find out why his/her name was not on the admission list? Has he/she reached out to JAMB to make enquiries, about what may have happened to her admission? Let him/her talk to the HOD of his/her proposed dept, or the Dean of the faculty where his/her proposed course, will be run. Good luck.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Benblaq(m): 8:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
1. might be wrong subject combination
2. maybe the school don't offer the course
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Nltaliban(m): 8:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
I feel your pain, and understand that you're so pained because you worked so much for these results and wasn't offered admission.
But I must say that university of ilorin admission is now bias and based on man know man and long leg. Uniilorin will only favor those who did remedial, those who can settle and buy their way in. Those who have Muslim names, those who are from kwara state or north in general.
I have a lot of friends who have good results like this and weren't offered admission. Even those who were lucky to get admission had their courses changed to that they don't like.

Take for example, about 4000 students apply for uniilorin's remedial program every year, If all students pass the remedial examination, they'll be offered admission before those didn't do remedial and have high scores in post utme.
Even till now, no one knows the criteria for uniilorins admission ( whether it's jamb+ postume like ui, or jamb+o'level like lasu and fuoye or jamb+postume+o'level like oau)

If the owner of this result is bold and sure he or she can face real examinations, I advise the person to pick university of Ibadan or oau ( they are far better than uniilorin and offer admission based on merit, I'm not saying these institutions I mentioned are 100% clean. But I can vouch that at least 95% percent of their admission is given on merit ) If you're picking ui, be ready to face though postume questions without calculators and within short time. The school admits a little amount of candidates (3,500) compared to uniilorin (10,000+) but I tell you quality is better than quantity.

I'll be willing to offer assistance if you're picking Ui, just pm me. I'm a newly admitted student.

PS. I have the PDF of uniilorins admission list and can give proofs.

Please pardon me if there's any typographical error up there, I typed with my phone and don't like writing epistles like this but decided to type because I see this as an important Thread

I won't argue with any uniilorin student or aspirant that quotes me, they're mostly brainwashed people who think the institution is the best because it doesn't go on strike. Besides, they argue off point and are hard to convince

3 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by telegramguy: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nltaliban:
I feel your pain, and understand that you're so pained because you worked so much for these results and wasn't offered admission.
But I must say that university of ilorin admission is now bias and based on man know man and long leg. Uniilorin will only favor those who did remedial, those who can settle and buy their way in. Those who have Muslim names, those who are from kwara state or north in general.
I have a lot of friends who have good results like this and weren't offered admission. Even those who were lucky to get admission had their courses changed to that they don't like.

Take for example, about 4000 students apply for uniilorin's remedial program every year, If all students pass the remedial examination, they'll be offered admission before those didn't do remedial and have high scores in post utme.
Even till now, no one knows the criteria for uniilorins admission ( whether it's jamb+ postume like ui, or jamb+o'level like lasu and fuoye or jamb+postume+o'level like oau)

If the owner of this result is bold and sure he or she can face real examinations, I advise the person to pick university of Ibadan or oau ( they are far better than uniilorin and offer admission based on merit, I'm not saying these institutions I mentioned are 100% clean. But I can vouch that at least 95% percent of their admission is given on merit ) If you're picking ui, be ready to face though postume questions without calculators and within short time. The school admits a little amount of candidates (3,500) compared to uniilorin (10,000+) but I tell you quality is better than quantity.

I'll be willing to offer assistance if you're picking Ui, just pm me. I'm a newly admitted student.

PS. I have the PDF of uniilorins admission list and can give proofs.

Please pardon me if there's any typographical error up there, I typed with my phone and don't like writing epistles like this but decided to type because I see this as an important Thread

I won't argue with any uniilorin student or aspirant that quotes me, they're mostly brainwashed people who think the institution is the best because it doesn't go on strike. Besides, they argue off point and are hard to convince

bro, you nailed it.

my fam with 314 jamb score and good O'level had his course changed from medicine and surgery to AGRIC while a candidate with 246 was given that same medicine and surgery because he's from their catchment area. I remembered Jesus wept.

he has learnt his lesson sha..

3 Likes

Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
No one knows how students are admitted in this country.They only say merit,catchment and ELDS these two should be scrapped.The admission process is not 100%fair or based on merit connection or ostrich leg is the order of the day aside from that the number of students a department can admit is another thing as well.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Richohm(m): 12:17am On Feb 05, 2018
telegramguy:

bro, you nailed it.

my fam with 314 jamb score and good O'level had his course changed from medicine and surgery to AGRIC while a candidate with 246 was given that same medicine and surgery because he's from their catchment area. I remembered Jesus wept.

he has learnt his lesson sha..
I remembered
Jesus wept. wat a humor ?
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by blessedvisky(m): 12:48am On Feb 05, 2018
Swankyprince:

Im guessing thé person is not a muslim. Jambites should allways pick schools That admit on merit or schools That will Favour them thru catchment
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Richohm(m): 12:56am On Feb 05, 2018
Well, from info I understood that ilorin 's admission is centered on three cardinal points.
(1) mighty leg
(2) religion
(3) and origin
if u can't give a positive answer to these, u are unfortunate as regards it's admission (oyo)...
yet , I wish him gud luck in his/her struggle.... keep 2 the advice given above... such as... contacting the admission office etc, and pls if u really want this admission start sorting for conective tissues, coz in my humble opinion this is not a hidden injustice but it is obvious to the blind, therefore u have no. destination by social medialising it.

and by the way let him/her sit for another jamb nd choose a fairly credible fed school, such as oau, ui.... as rightly stated, facing stiffer competition but certainly guarantee admission if he /she meets the cutoff mark even without knowing any jubital or Saturn nd without bearing any chi Chi or suliyatu.

again I which u God's best.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by lunacol(m): 1:05am On Feb 05, 2018
Please the owner of the WAEC result I am seeing above should apply for the ongoing BEA Federal Scholarship Board .You have a greater chance of being selected.The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship will be Awarded to:

Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Ukraine, Japan.

How To Apply
Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website
http://education.gov.ng/bea-scholarship-18/index.php

Page:
Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online Print the completed Application Form Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled

Note/Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified

Field of Study

Undergraduate level - Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc, and
Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.

Criteria for Eligibility

A.) Undergraduate Scholarship:

All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2015 & 2016). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Ayomideen(m): 1:49am On Feb 05, 2018
Richohm:
Well, from info I understood that ilorin 's admission is centered on three cardinal points.
(1) mighty leg
(2) religion
(3) and origin
if u can't give a positive answer to these, u are unfortunate as regards it's admission (oyo)...
yet , I wish him gud luck in his/her struggle.... keep 2 the advice given above... such as... contacting the admission office etc, and pls if u really want this admission start sorting for conective tissues, coz in my humble opinion this is not a hidden injustice but it is obvious to the blind, therefore u have no. destination by social medialising it.

and by the way let him/her sit for another jamb nd choose a fairly credible fed school, such as oau, ui.... as rightly stated, facing stiffer competition but certainly guarantee admission if he /she meets the cutoff mark even without knowing any jubital or Saturn nd without bearing any chi Chi or suliyatu.

again I which u God's best.

Y'all should stop generalising
Are you saying only people who practice a particular religion are studying in Unilorin?
Or people who are from a particular geographical area?
Do you know if her subject combination or something of sort was wrong?
Admission for this naija ehn,na only God know

The problem I have with the school is that they favor remedial students too much over UTME and D.E and others

I'm not defending the school or something,buh you're singling the school out asif that's the only place stuffs like dis happen
Over 90% of federal universities in this country are shady in terms of admission
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Ayomideen(m): 1:52am On Feb 05, 2018
Chai mehn I feel sorry for her
I hope her name is included in the second batch list

That's why I always say Admission in this country na by luck,cos its more like a random selection,especially with this CAPs of a thing

Na CAPs admission be the koko
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Richohm(m): 3:19am On Feb 05, 2018
Ayomideen:

Y'all should stop generalising
Are you saying only people who practice a particular religion are studying in Unilorin?
Or people who are from a particular geographical area?
Do you know if her subject combination or something of sort was wrong?
Admission for this naija ehn,na only God know

The problem I have with the school is that they favor remedial students too much over UTME and D.E and others

I'm not defending the school or something,buh you're singling the school out asif that's the only place stuffs like dis happen
Over 90% of federal universities in this country are shady in terms of admission
oga thank u for telling me wat I know.... I dont always Like to slog into debate especially wen it comes to issues like this, Why? because it changes noting.
in philosophy ur conclusion is what's called "fallacy of hasty generalisation".
like I said it does not change a tin explaining processes done not on nairaland but by pertinent procedures thats is peculiar to each institution.
for the sake of the Ward involve I want to emphatically say that let him/her choose oau,ui, beet the merit or catchment mark then come Puck ur finger to my nose if he/she's denied admission.....
I. am not a chinko am a typical Nigerian nd on admission matters I tink I know a bit if not more.
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Nltaliban(m): 3:47pm On Feb 05, 2018
Richohm:
oga thank u for telling me wat I know.... I dont always Like to slog into debate especially wen it comes to issues like this, Why? because it changes noting.
in philosophy ur conclusion is what's called "fallacy of hasty generalisation".
like I said it does not change a tin explaining processes done not on nairaland but by pertinent procedures thats is peculiar to each institution.
for the sake of the Ward involve I want to emphatically say that let him/her choose oau,ui, beet the merit or catchment mark then come Puck ur finger to my nose if he/she's denied admission.....
I. am not a chinko am a typical Nigerian nd on admission matters I tink I know a bit if not more.

you shouldnt have wasted your time in replying him, hes a uniilorin fanboy and a muslim(meaning he will be favoured by the institution)

what do you expect?
Re: A Cry For Help By A Student! No Admission Despite Meeting All Requirements. by Richohm(m): 4:17pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nltaliban:

you shouldnt have wasted your time in replying him, hes a uniilorin fanboy and a muslim(meaning he will be favoured by the institution)

what do you expect?
abi na. I did just 2 salvage the helpless student nd as Well unjustify the common notion that admission is by luck.... not in all cases, not in all schools

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Update Day 87 / Corper Proposal Got Rejected By His Colleague At Ogun NYSC Camp (video) / Outstanding Waec Result,what Should I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.