Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,939 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

The Art Of Selling Yourself And Your Business To Increase Your Sells - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Art Of Selling Yourself And Your Business To Increase Your Sells (408 Views)

Selling Yourself Is Best / Meet Chiamaka "Tomato Baby" Who Sells Tomatoes To Fund Her Education. Pics / Woman Kills Big Python, Sells It In Pieces In The Market (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Art Of Selling Yourself And Your Business To Increase Your Sells by Aydigital123(m): 12:14am On Feb 05, 2018
So you have a business or want to start a business and you’re worried about how to get yourself and your business in front of your target audience. In my last post, I talked about EXPOSURE, VISIBILITY, POSITIONING & GETTING YOUR CUSTOMERS TO BUY.

Let's expand these points.

EXPOSURE: Beyond social media exposure; you need to establish yourself as a thought-leader in your field starting from your current community. Do your church members, neighbours, colleagues, friends know about your business? If someone should ask for a recommendation in your field, will they call your name? To expose yourself/business to your target audience beyond social media; talk about what you do to your first line of contact (family & friends). Secondly, identify your target customers and approach them physically with a proposal introducing yourself/business and offer them a FREE trial. Few may say "no" but at least 3 out of 10 will say "yes". The other 7 that said "no"; what you have done is to give exposure to your business by letting them know that there is someone like you in that location offering a product/service that will be beneficial to them. Give them time, then go again with positive reviews from the other 3 companies. There is a 60% possibility they will say "YES" this time.

VISIBILITY: you cannot sit in your house, office or shop and expect that your business will be visible to a wider audience. Gaining visibility in the 21st century will require some digital influence and lots of networking. Therefore, you must be DELIBERATE about connecting with like minds. Search on eventbrite or BellaNaija for monthly events in your area of interest and prepare to attend. ConnectNigeria also holds monthly business mixers to bring business owners together with target customers. They host Africa's largest business fair every year; it will hold in February for 2018 so start planning to attend. When going for these events, please go with your business card. At these events, when people ask what you do, PLEASE don't say "I sew clothes" or "I do business". Sell the solution you offer not how you solve the problem; you carry value & money gravitates towards value so how you introduce this value matters. I don't say I'm a digital marketing strategist; I say "I help businesses grow their brand, attract target customers & develop an integrated digital strategy for increased revenue". The next question will be "so how do you do this"? The 1st response doesn't prompt the person asking you to continue the conversation but the 2nd response creates a curiosity in the person's mind and they will automatically want to know more. Just like that, the person picks interest and starts thinking of how to work with you. I've met many clients with this selling tip.

Also, you must be INTENTIONAL about everything you post on social media. Participate in Twitter chats that sync with where your target customers hang out. Volunteer to contribute to top blogs in your field or for the high profile companies. Also let people know that you are open to being interviewed and request that it be promoted on social media. One tip that can never be overemphasized is updating your bio on social social media; you can no longer have bios that say "Sexy Diva" or "Man's Not Hot". Maintain consistency with your social media handles; don't be @cakesguru for 6 months and then change it to @lagosbestcakes, you'll confuse your audience. Lastly, no matter how small - put yourself in "World Wide Web" (www); get a website or blog for your business. You can start with a FREE blog and upgrade to a website as your business grows.

Pardon me for the very long writing, I'm a writer and sometimes forget that not everybody can read lengthy write-ups like me.

I'll stop here today and next week, we will look at the last 2 (POSITIONING & GETTING YOUR CUSTOMERS TO BUY).

PS: Don't know how to sell the solution your business offers? Write what you do in the comment section and I'll help you craft a catchy phrase to introduce yourself and your business at networking/business events

Kindly feel free to ask question..or Email me:Ayobamioladunjoye@gmail.com or whatapp Your Question to (07066813054)

1 Like

Re: The Art Of Selling Yourself And Your Business To Increase Your Sells by Fapta(m): 3:13am On Feb 05, 2018
Thanks for the information. How do I tell my Customers/intending customers about the job I do. I deals in mobile phones(repairs, sales, accessories and sim registration) and again I'm about to venture into gas business(Gas refill shop)
Re: The Art Of Selling Yourself And Your Business To Increase Your Sells by Aydigital123(m): 8:47am On Feb 05, 2018
@Mr Fapta
Good morning what a great privilege for send down your question
i quest your question is how can you tell your customers/intending customers about your product or service.

Answer
i love what your just called it your customer fin,but to me as a marketing constultant i address it as the prospect the strength of the business and the future of any business prosperity, while because the money or turn over can never increase if proper customer relationship isn't address.
my offline business was generate high rate of turnover everyday simply because this hiding secret i just share with you.
EXPOSURE,
VISIBILITY,
POSITIONING
and prospect being to runing after my service
now
this how to tell your customer 1. by communicating 2. be a good observer 3.get a niche of where your prospect operate and sell yourself.
kindly email me on Ayobamioladunjoye@gmail.com for more information on how to increase your sales.

(1) (Reply)

Forced Matrix Mlm Pro For Sale!!! / How To Open A USA Bank Account From Nigeria / I Need Wholealer Of T-shirt, Track Suit,cap,jersey An Sock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.