Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,609 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition (455 Views)

Little Girl Turning Into Stone Because Of Rare Skin Condition / I Have A Skin Problem, Please Advise / Remedy Needed For This Serious Skin Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition by ruggedtimi(m): 12:43am On Feb 06, 2018
An Indian man is suffering from erythroderma, an excruciating skin condition that has left his skin cracked and black, and causes it to shed every 10 days.

According to reports, Om Prakash, 35, dubbed 'snake man' is unable to walk because when he moves his skin cracks and he bleeds heavily.

The man who's unable to afford medical treatment is said to have visited faith healers, who claim he is cursed by God and will never be cured.
Mr. Prakash is compelled to moisturize his skin with oil and water every two hours. He also gets donation of oil from villagers to ease his discomfort.

The 35-year-old from the village Sarjupura Bachedi, in central India, who started showing signs of the disorder at just five days old, said: 'My skin is painful and irritating. I want to get rid of this condition so I can live a normal life, get married and work with my brothers.'

'I have [had] this disease since childhood. My whole body itches badly; at times my legs start bleeding. I have pain and inflammation all over my body.

'My skin is so dry that it is very thick and flaky. I shed skin like a snake every 10 days. This is why people have named me Tirku.

'But I am fortunate as no one makes fun of me. Despite my skin resembling a snakeskin, people behave with me nicely. They offer me tobacco and food. They treat me like a special person.'

Ummed, 40, his eldest brother, who is not affected by the condition, said: 'It started with dryness in his skin that later turned thick and flaky, and started peeling off itself.

'As he grew older, his itchy skin turned back and hard. It became a cycle; he would scratch the itchy skin, it [would] turn red, and then thick and black, before peeling off.

'We have always seen him struggling in pain. But he is a very sweet person. He never complains and troubles us.'

Although, his villagers is hoping to raise awareness for Indian Government to fund his treatment.

Rajender Singh Tomar, the village head said: 'He is a wonderful young man. Despite his painful condition, he always smiles. He never complains to anyone about his problems.'

Re: Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition by Nobody: 1:01am On Feb 06, 2018
Hmm
Re: Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition by sleekyskillz(m): 1:13am On Feb 06, 2018
Aiye le ooo...

can sumbori gimme a meme
Re: Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition by OneCorner: 1:38am On Feb 06, 2018
Could this be lalasticlala?
Just asking ooo grin
Re: Meet The Villager Dubbed 'snake Man' Due To A Skin Condition by RemedyLab: 1:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Check this out

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Eat 3 Whole Eggs A Day / Medical Doctors Caught Using The Amputated Leg Of Accident Victim As Pillow / Nigerian Youths And The Right Dosage For Tramadol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.