Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State (27716 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Attack And Destroys Car Of Foreigners, In Lagos (Photos) / Benue Guber Campaigns: Apc, Pdp Trade Accusations Over Violence In Gbajimba …i A / IPOB Will Sack Governor Rochas Come 2019 – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by poseidon12: 8:44am On Feb 06, 2018
tesppidd:
It becomes very very very obvious that there is an undertone to this.

A political undertone.

The spate of the attacks is just too frequent to be coincidental.

2018 and elections are near and all of a sudden fulani herdsmen have found their AK- 47's.

Anyone who can't see this is just straight foolish.

The government in power couldn't be involved in any 'ISLAMISATION agenda' which would jeopardize it's government and 're election bid.
If Buhari wanted to islamize Nigeria he would wait till his second term not now.
It's common sense.

There is a group of people who are of the mentality like 'you spoilt our regime with boko haram, we must bring down yours with herdsmen'

It's left to the President and his team of security experts to unmask what is really going on.

I believe that Buhari is fully behind the attacks. It is obvious that these attackers are sponsored by the Fulani/Federal Government. The Senate and House of Representatives need to get involved. They need to question Buhari about his involvement. They need to demand removal of the Police IG and DSS chief.
And Benue State Government need to defy the Fulani Federal Government and arm their citizens to defend themselves.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by poseidon12: 8:49am On Feb 06, 2018
Polskywolsky:

Mumu people will always show themselves... U vindictive, angry, sad, #SonOfA... Grow up n realize that after they run Benue over, ur lands are next. I will be ashamed if u think they will stop there (obviously u are IBO)

Foolish thing. How is it obvious that he is Igbo? What was your position during Operation Python Dance in Igboland by the Army against unarmed IPOB?

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by hopebacy(m): 8:54am On Feb 06, 2018
NIGERIANS OPEN YOUR EYES, THIS MAN ON THE SEAT OF PRESIDENCY IS NOT BUHARI. HE IS AN IMPOSTER FROM SUDAN!!
The cabal thought they would use the brain of how many million people in Nigeria for their own advantage. BUHARI died in London of which the Queen paid condolence to Nigeria. Aisha the wife came back to Nigeria crying. The cables sailed it and got an imposter from Sudan to replace him. One of the promises to Sudan is to graze their cattle in Nigeria. That is why you see herdsmen everywhere now in the Southern Nigeria. Killing our people rootlessly and no body is talking. The presidency cannot do anything because that is what the cabals promise him. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF WHY THE PRESIDENT COULD NOT ENTER HIS OFFICE UPON RETURN FROM LONDON? This is because his fingerprints can not open the presidency office in Asorock. So they lied to the whole nation that it is a rat in the office. So they can get the door replaced. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF WHY THE PRESIDENCY IS RELUCTANT TO THE KILLINGS DONE BY HERDSMEN? BECAUSE THAT IS THE AGENDA AND THE PROMISE MADE TO HIM.
Nigerians should rise up. STOP TALKING AND ACT. THAT MAN IS NOT BUHARI. COMING THIS 2019 ELECTION HE WILL BRING HIS PEOPLE FROM SUDAN AND THE HERDSMEN TO VOTE YOU OUT. WHETHER YOU VOTE OR NOT. HE WILL WIN.
NIGERIA SHOULD DEMAND FOR THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE REMAINS OF BUHARI AND WHY THE IMPOSTER? IF THE CABALS DENY IT. NIGERIAN INTELLECTUALS SHOULD ORGANISE AN OPEN INTERVIEW WITH THE IMPOSTER AND GET THEIR ANSWER.
THIS IS THE PLAN OF THE CABALS, AND THE EUROPE COUNTRIES KNOWS ABOUT IT.
THEY WANTED TO TRY IT WITH YARA' DUA BUT IT DID NOT WORK. NOW IT WORKED FOR THEM WITH BUHARI. BUT I TELL YOU. THAT IS THE HIGHEST MISTAKE THE CABALS HAVE DONE. BECAUSE THE TRUTH DO NOT SINK FOR LONG.
THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT WHEN NIGERIANS START NOTICING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE IMPOSTER AND THE REAL BUHARI. START ASKING QUESTIONS AND ORGANISE AN OPEN INTERVIEW WITH THE IMPOSTER TO DISTRESS HIM AND THE CABALS.
THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD.
WHERE IS BUHARI?
sent as copied.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by RALPHOW(m): 8:59am On Feb 06, 2018
NONSENSE
However, the attack on Yogbo was repelled by the Police, who chased the invaders out of the community""
WHAT IS REPELLED PLEASE KILL THEM
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by SalamRushdie: 9:01am On Feb 06, 2018
tesppidd:
It becomes very very very obvious that there is an undertone to this.

A political undertone.

The spate of the attacks is just too frequent to be coincidental.

2018 and elections are near and all of a sudden fulani herdsmen have found their AK- 47's.

Anyone who can't see this is just straight foolish.

The government in power couldn't be involved in any 'ISLAMISATION agenda' which would jeopardize it's government and 're election bid.
If Buhari wanted to islamize Nigeria he would wait till his second term not now.
It's common sense.

There is a group of people who are of the mentality like 'you spoilt our regime with boko haram, we must bring down yours with herdsmen'

It's left to the President and his team of security experts to unmask what is really going on.

Another level of senselessness

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Adekdammy: 9:01am On Feb 06, 2018
At this junction, benue state needs operation cows/herdsmen cry.

Ortom you were elected to defend your people, stop relying on the federal govt, go the fayose way and I tell you, the enemies of your state will submit to your authority.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by selfmadeboss: 9:03am On Feb 06, 2018
How do you sack a farm house
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Eibams60(m): 9:15am On Feb 06, 2018
Desyner:
MAKURDI—Suspected herdsmen, yesterday, attacked Waku village and a part of Gbajimba town, all in Guma Local Government Area of Benue State, killing two persons, and destroying Governor Samuel Ortom’s farm house in fresh attacks in the area.

The latest attack came less than 24 hours after Yogbo, another community in the same local government area, also came under heavy attack by suspected herdsmen which left six persons dead and several property and farmlands destroyed. However, the attack on Yogbo was repelled by the Police, who chased the invaders out of the community.

Confirming the latest attack at the State Police Command Headquarters, the Police Commissioner, Fatai Owoseni and Chairman of Guma Local Government Area, Mr. Anthony Shawon, said the herdsmen, who were backed by militant gangs, stormed the communities in the afternoon, yesterday. “The herdsmen, backed by their militia, invaded Waku village this afternoon (yesterday) and killed two persons.

They are also getting close to Gbajimba town, the local government headquarters and as I speak with you, they have attacked and sacked Governor Ortom’s farm house in Gbajimba. “Our fear is that if we are not careful, they might overrun the local government headquarters the way they are going.” Shawon, who commended the Police for saving Yogbo from being taken over by the marauding herdsmen, urged the command to continue to put up a brave fight and continue to sustain the resistance against the herdsmen’s incursion.

Police have deployed more men — Owoseni Earlier, the Commissioner of Police reiterated the commitment of the command to ensure the restoration of peace in all the troubled communities in the state, with a view to having all the internally-displaced persons return to their ancestral homes. “Already, the Inspector-General of Police had approved and deployed 15 mobile units of the Force from other states to Benue State; this is aside the Special Forces that have also been deployed to the state. “We have also concluded arrangements to deploy more personnel to Guma to flush out the criminal elements operating there.

“We have also deployed to these areas two Armoured Personnel Carriers which were released to us by the DIG out of the five we requested for. “Police visibility, intelligence capacity as well as deployment of technical assets have already been done in that area and in no distant time, these issues will be a thing of the past,” Owoseni assured.

‘Herdsmen enjoying support of highly placed Nigerians’

Meanwhile, piqued by statements credited to top government functionaries over the Benue killings, the state government has insisted that the rampaging killer herdsmen attacking various communities in the state are enjoying the backing and support of highly-placed Nigerians. Addressing reporters yesterday in Makurdi, over the call by the Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, for a repeal of Benue State’s anti-open grazing law which the Minister of Defence, Mansur Dan-Ali, had claimed was responsible for the killings, Benue State Commissioner of Information and Orientation, Lawrence Onoja, Jnr alleged that such remarks were clear indications that highly-placed Nigerians were fueling the killings.

Onoja, who recounted the over 46 times Benue communities came under the attack of suspected herdsmen in the last five years before the commencement of enforcement of the grazing law on November 1, 2017, noted that the claim that the killings were triggered by the grazing law was untrue and baseless. He said: “The Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, accused Governor Samuel Ortom of causing the lingering clashes between farmers and herdsmen in Benue and Nasarawa states.

He is reported to have spoken at a closed-door meeting with members of the joint Senate Committee on Police Affairs and National Security and Intelligence on killings in Benue and environs when he appeared before the committee in response to the Senate’s summons. “The IGP is said to have identified the implementation of the anti-open grazing law and the arming of Tiv militia as causes of the crisis.

“Such statements coming from some of the nation’s top security chiefs may have confirmed the fears expressed by many people that the herdsmen unleashing murderous attacks on Benue may have the backing of some highly-placed individuals within the security apparatus of the state. “When those who are entrusted with the sensitive task of protecting lives and property of innocent Nigerians resort to placing unjustified blame on the good intentions of Benue State government to promote peace and security, then such people have unknowingly or knowingly become part of the problem we have on our hands today in the country. On Miyetti Allah’s threat “When the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore rose against the grazing law and threatened to invade the state, Governor Samuel Ortom, the Benue State House of Assembly, and leaders of all the socio-cultural organizations in the state petitioned the Presidency and all the relevant security agencies in the country.

No action was taken by those saddled with the responsibility to protect lives and property at the national level. “The state government also recalled that IGP Ibrahim Idris was ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari to relocate to Benue State in the wake of the New Year Day 2018 killings in the state to restore peace and order but available records show that the police chief was sighted in the state for just a day or so and then left immediately.

On Miyetti Allah’s threat

“When the Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore rose against the grazing law and threatened to invade the state, Governor Samuel Ortom, the Benue State House of Assembly, and leaders of all the socio-cultural organizations in the state petitioned the Presidency and all the relevant security agencies in the country. No action was taken by those saddled with the responsibility to protect lives and property at the national level.

“The state government also recalled that IGP Ibrahim Idris was ordered by President Muhammadu Buhari to relocate to Benue State in the wake of the New Year Day 2018 killings in the state to restore peace and order but available records show that the police chief was sighted in the state for just a day or so and then left immediately.

“The Police IGP’s initial casual description of the pre-planned Benue killings by Fulani herdsmen on the 1st and 2nd of January, 2018 as a mere ‘communal clash’ has clearly shown that the Police boss does not accord any urgency and seriousness to arresting the perpetrators of the mass murder of our people and his body language may have emboldened these herdsmen militia to further lay false claim of ownership to the Benue Valley through a so-called right of conquest. “We reiterate that until the masterminds and sponsors of the killings in Benue State are arrested, we will not trust or have confidence in the IGP of Police.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/herdsmen-attack-sack-gov-ortoms-farmhouse/
for fatai owoseni to b transferred back to Benue I know they must have a hidden agenda cos he a badt guy.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Nobody: 9:18am On Feb 06, 2018
buhari is the most useless thing i ever voted! the dumb, CLANISH, redundant nomad must be sent back to daura in 2019!!!!
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Polskywolsky: 9:20am On Feb 06, 2018
buchilino:
AS MUCH AS I TRY, I FIND IT HARD TO FEEL SORRY FOR BENUE PPLE.
I want to assure you from the bottom of my heart that, "NO ONE GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT UR SORRY".
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Polskywolsky: 9:24am On Feb 06, 2018
poseidon12:

Foolish thing. How is it obvious that he is Igbo? What was your position during Operation Python Dance in Igboland by the Army against unarmed IPOB?
The tribe is IBO, they speak IGBO language... correction for a next time.
As to the content of ur comment, what has my position during the Operation Cricket Jump got to do with sm1 saying he can't feel sorry for a state?
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 06, 2018
Dollyak:
Wtf is going on in Nigeria.

For the life of me, It is unthinkable that in a country of nearly two hundred million that cattle and cattle rearing should be the president’s number one priority. when the economy, unemployment, poor health facilities, education infrastructure are all in their worst states.

In retrospect, the president attitude to the massacre in Benue marked the end of any little favourable views i had about Buhari.

Secondly, it's pathetic that a state governor is having to beg in order to seek protection for his people.
For what it's worth, the whole situation has shown that national police force in it's present form can never work in a multicultural country like Nigeria as it's susceptible to federal abuse. Historically, state abuse are generally more manageable with water tight/black and white laws.

State police formations will be more penetrative and wide spread as well as more community-friendly, relative to the President puppet organisation you call police force.

I like reading well crafted piece like this. Coming from a female, which is unusual of female Nairalanders, I find your opinion very apt and I doff my hat for you. Well thought, well written.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by tesppidd: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Another level of senselessness
add up all the sensibilities of all of your family members.

multiply by 10.

raise the answer to power 3.

arrive at mine.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by IRIEBOY(m): 10:24am On Feb 06, 2018
hmmm gbajimba is close to uni agric Makurdi. I hope the VC beef up security in and around the school.. too bad.. RIP to the dead
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by storm001(m): 11:15am On Feb 06, 2018
APC have already lost benue and taraba. still counting.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by buchilino(m): 11:31am On Feb 06, 2018
Polskywolsky:

I want to assure you from the bottom of my heart that, "NO ONE GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT UR SORRY".

D FEELING IS MUTUAL
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by Dollyak(f): 12:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
hopebacy:
NIGERIANS OPEN YOUR EYES, THIS MAN ON THE SEAT OF PRESIDENCY IS NOT BUHARI. HE IS AN IMPOSTER FROM SUDAN!!
The cabal thought they would use the brain of how many million people in Nigeria for their own advantage. BUHARI died in London of which the Queen paid condolence to Nigeria. Aisha the wife came back to Nigeria crying. The cables sailed it and got an imposter from Sudan to replace him. One of the promises to Sudan is to graze their cattle in Nigeria. That is why you see herdsmen everywhere now in the Southern Nigeria. Killing our people rootlessly and no body is talking. The presidency cannot do anything because that is what the cabals promise him. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF WHY THE PRESIDENT COULD NOT ENTER HIS OFFICE UPON RETURN FROM LONDON? This is because his fingerprints can not open the presidency office in Asorock. So they lied to the whole nation that it is a rat in the office. So they can get the door replaced. HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF WHY THE PRESIDENCY IS RELUCTANT TO THE KILLINGS DONE BY HERDSMEN? BECAUSE THAT IS THE AGENDA AND THE PROMISE MADE TO HIM.
Nigerians should rise up. STOP TALKING AND ACT. THAT MAN IS NOT BUHARI. COMING THIS 2019 ELECTION HE WILL BRING HIS PEOPLE FROM SUDAN AND THE HERDSMEN TO VOTE YOU OUT. WHETHER YOU VOTE OR NOT. HE WILL WIN.
NIGERIA SHOULD DEMAND FOR THE WHEREABOUTS OF THE REMAINS OF BUHARI AND WHY THE IMPOSTER? IF THE CABALS DENY IT. NIGERIAN INTELLECTUALS SHOULD ORGANISE AN OPEN INTERVIEW WITH THE IMPOSTER AND GET THEIR ANSWER.
THIS IS THE PLAN OF THE CABALS, AND THE EUROPE COUNTRIES KNOWS ABOUT IT.
THEY WANTED TO TRY IT WITH YARA' DUA BUT IT DID NOT WORK. NOW IT WORKED FOR THEM WITH BUHARI. BUT I TELL YOU. THAT IS THE HIGHEST MISTAKE THE CABALS HAVE DONE. BECAUSE THE TRUTH DO NOT SINK FOR LONG.
THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT WHEN NIGERIANS START NOTICING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE IMPOSTER AND THE REAL BUHARI. START ASKING QUESTIONS AND ORGANISE AN OPEN INTERVIEW WITH THE IMPOSTER TO DISTRESS HIM AND THE CABALS.
THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD.
WHERE IS BUHARI?
sent as copied.
Lol... there's nothing you won't see on nl
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by ogbunka: 12:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
#NnamdiKanu Nnamdi Kanu 6th Feb. 2014

“As they campaign vigorously for elections, you would think, they are coming to grow the economy, enthrone justice, breed unity and tolerance, love for one another.
No, they are coming to elevate Hausa-Fulani supremacy, to reposition the security agencies by sacking all competent hands and replace them with their kinsmen to drive their ethnic domination of the Biafrans, the Fulani herdsmen will be armed and encouraged to slaughter us with impunity, and their masters will protect them.
They are coming to ensure that my people are enslaved forever. Those who do not, believe me, will soon see it happen before their eyes.”

-Nnamdi Kanu 6th Feb. 2014
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by OyinO: 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
When the attacks start affecting the high and mighty in Nigeria, then solutions will surface.
Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:05pm On Feb 06, 2018
Zionista:

I like reading well crafted piece like this. Coming from a female, which is unusual of female Nairalanders, I find your opinion very apt and I doff my hat for you. Well thought, well written.
I don't think she was educated in a Nigerian public school

She must have had a stellar education in a top notch Ivy League school

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen Attack And Sack Governor Ortom’s Farm House In Gbajimba, Benue State by jidamsel43(m): 4:28pm On Feb 06, 2018
if u are advising the Governor of Benue not to relax the policy, definitely you are enemy of humanity.

These blood stricken monsters will continue to kill innocent people without check. Governor should do the needful so as not to put more citizens in danger.
When your enemies are more powerful than you. you have to lobby

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Only Have N2.8m In My Bank Accounts - Abba Kyari / Tinubu Hosts Emirs Of Borgu, Kontagora In Aso Villa (Photos) / EFCC Uncovers Religious Sect Laundering Money For Terrorists - Olukoyede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.