Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,827 members, 7,802,644 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. (2681 Views)

Men, Please Stop Saying These Things. They Make You Sound Broke. / Nine (9) Mistakes Most Ladies Make But Do Not Know. / Nigerian Women Share The Foolish Things They 've Ever Done For Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by cashcity: 9:10am On Feb 06, 2018
When most men have so many future aspirations and dreams to achieve b4 settling down, their opposite counterpart have none except marriage.
I dated a lady of over 28yrs few years ago and it was understandable when she constantly pressurising me for marriage and we peacefully ended the relationship amicably due to the fact that I have things that I need to put in place b4 that.

Now I decided to go for a much younger lady of 22yrs who is still in school and who I MUST marry in two years time when I felt that I will be due for married cos I'm not getting any younger too .
The problem is that the pressure this my little girl is putting me now is even hotter than that of my older ex girlfriend. She compared herself with her classmate of 20yrs who just got married last december and constantly reminds me that it must happen btw us dis year. Infact there is no day we don end our watsap chats with "WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO TAKE THE LIST FROM MY PARENTS".
I quickly remembered when I was a teenager and the childish relationships I had then was all about marriage marriage marriage at the side of the small girls I dated. Talks of marriage was always there even when we were sure It can't happen.

I keep wondering if ladies dnt think about working for a while after graduation to help their parents on her own without men or assist in establishing their younger ones or even furthering their education b4 answering Mrs.
They all quickly want to dump responsibilities of both her and her family for the man and probably ran away from mandatory job hunt and other stress because of the fact that MAN must be responsible for the welfare of his wife and children.

Does that means all their future plan boils down to marriage as their highest achievement ?.
When you remove marriage I dnt think most ladies have other things they live for...

4 Likes

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by PromiseUche(m): 9:18am On Feb 06, 2018
True talk o! I wonder o!

1 Like

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 06, 2018
Don't mind them, if those ones wey don slay every dickkk out there will be praying for Mr Right.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Mhissgaga(f): 9:20am On Feb 06, 2018
You don't know what you are sayingundecided

2 Likes

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Neimar: 9:21am On Feb 06, 2018
mumu op

2 Likes

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by gabinogem(m): 9:23am On Feb 06, 2018
The Nigerian system made it so... They placed women as commodities to be purchase.

An average Nigerian woman's aspiration is to be a man's 'legal property'.

I don't blame them though...my fingers are pointing towards the faulty structure of the system.

1 Like

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by donstan18: 9:24am On Feb 06, 2018
gabinogem:
The Nigerian system made it so... They placed women as commodities to be purchase.

An average Nigerian woman's aspiration is to be a man's 'legal property'.

I don't blame them though...my fingers are pointing towards the faulty structure of the system.

How did the system made it so?
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 06, 2018
That is the way most women see themselves
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by mikebrown92: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2018
Tru talk, there biggest achievement is being married at young age so they can buga to other girls who are still single.

I have 1 who is also pestering me of when i intend to marry and i told her maybe 5 or 8 years and she felt like i ain't serious and she left me becus of that.

But they have forgotten marriage can take place any time even if u desire to marry in 6 years, it can happen in just a year.

2 Likes

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by pocohantas(f): 9:41am On Feb 06, 2018
Nothing pleases you lots. The ones that have plans different from marriage, you call them feminist. You threaten them with menopause and loneliness in their old age. You don't allow them breathe in peace. You put it to them they can never be fulfilled without marriage.

A thread was created on how marrying women over 30 is akin to buying evening newspapers. 17pages of you guys reminding and bullying these women to go get married before 25.

How many of you took a minute to encourage same women to improve on themselves and not see marriage as the ultimate goal[on that thread]? The few women that raised these points were silenced and reminded of menopause.

Barely 48hours and here is another complaining all they want is marriage. Why won't they want marriage?
Why won't they keep dumping you lots for older suitors?
It's a vicious cycle. Get used to it.

That said,
Dearest Nigerian men,what do you want from your women?

Would you die if you live and let them live?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by makydebbie(f): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2018
So I'm going to say something. grin

You men are hypocrites!! Crazy ones! Jesus! It's appalling.

Firstly, I'll talk about the op, you met two women who want marriage. Well, let's understand the first lady who the society has given pressure.
Now, you're with one smallie who is crazily in love and and the best way to jam you is with marriage.

Now this op with his myopic reasoning has forgotten, He's what he attracts.
For years now, you've been attracting ladies who are fussed about marriage because the society has put that undue pressure on us. Instead of you to be worried about the fact that the ladies you attract are not goal-oriented. You felt the need to bring up this thread.

You all are confused hypocrites. I once said it here that I'll love to have PhD before I get married. You can only guess the kinds of mentions I got that day.

Anyone who doesn't see marriage as their ultimate goal is foolish in this era, thanks to you all. You've given the mentality that, once you're rich, unmarried and fulfilled, you're still miserable because you're unmarried. You all see marriage as a sort of achievement. You all are mad.

Anyone that has other plans apart from marriage is always given the popular tag on nairaland.

Everyone should know this today! Marriage is not the ultimate happiness. Not everyone under the marriage umbrella is living happily. Chase your goals and ambitions. These men ain't going anywhere.

Nigerian men, what do you want? When you see a woman who isn't fussed about marriage, you'll troll her that she's a fustrated and unhappy feminist. When you meet one who wants the marriage, she doesn't have ambition and what's the phrase again? "They've nothing to live for".

Africa mentality, you cannot be genuinely happy until you're married.

The ultimate goal is to be happy, and that can be achieved without marriage.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by PromiseUche(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2018
So true, it so hrt failing.
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Khonifer: 9:51am On Feb 06, 2018
Nigerian men will never stop being Nigerian men cheesy cheesy
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 06, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Anyone who thinks strictly in this direction is a slowpoke. Yes!

When a woman is career-driven we say that she's a career woman. And if she isn't we say that she doesn't have a life pursuit.

What do guys really want?

☣ ☠

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by ubunja(m): 9:55am On Feb 06, 2018
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by ubunja(m): 9:56am On Feb 06, 2018
give women finacial independence and they wont need marriage.women only marry to eat.
but without marriage, life would be bad for MEN. men marry for sex.and without a wife most men wouldnt get regular sex.
your thread is mis-informed and amatuer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 06, 2018
ubunja:
give women finacial independence and they wont need marriage.women only marry to eat.
but without marriage, life would be bad for MEN. men marry for sex.and without a wife most men wouldnt get regular sex.

That's also true and the ones who are financially independent, if as a man, you are making shakara, that women only live for marriage, you will be shocked to realise that, women live for their children, and as long as we are financially Independent then the husband is behaving like a goat.

We take our kids and move on.

We are not hung up on sexxx like men.

4 Likes

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Skyfornia(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2018
Cause majority of them are parasites
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Gebbson007(m): 10:16am On Feb 06, 2018
OP true talk
I have a who friend is gonn be 20yrs old this year his 19 yr old gf is telling him she must get married at the age of 25 n this girl is bleeping serious bout it.
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by donstan18: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2018
makydebbie:
Truth be told, when you look at this logically, men actually need it (marriage) more.

Let's go logically, how do men need marriage more?
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by EOOJ(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2018
makydebbie:

Firstly, I'll talk about the op, you met two women who want marriage. Well, let's understand the first lady who the society has given pressure.
Now, you're with one smallie who is crazily in love and and the best way to jam you is with marriage.

For years now, you've been attracting ladies who are fussed about marriage because the society has put that undue pressure on us. Instead of you to be worried about the fact that the ladies you attract are not goal-oriented. You felt the need to bring up this thread.

You all are confused hypocrites. I once said it here that I'll love to have PhD before I get married. You can only guess the kinds of mentions I got that day.

Anyone who doesn't see marriage as their ultimate goal is foolish in this era, thanks to you all. You've given the mentality that, once you're rich, unmarried and fulfilled, you're still miserable because you're unmarried. You all see marriage as a sort of achievement. You all are mad.

Anyone that has other plans apart from marriage is always given the popular tag on nairaland.

Everyone should know this today! Marriage is not the ultimate happiness. Not everyone under the marriage umbrella is living happily. Chase your goals and ambitions. These men ain't going anywhere.

Nigerian men, what do you want? When you see a woman who isn't fussed about marriage, you'll troll her that she's a fustrated and unhappy feminist. When you meet one who wants the marriage, she doesn't have ambition and what's the phrase again? "They've nothing to live for".

The ultimate goal is to be happy, and that can be achieved without marriage. Truth be told, when you look at this logically, men actually need it (marriage) more.

Sweet post but u now spoilt it at d end... Men need marriage more dan women shocked Anyway sha, i no argue... I respect ur opinion grin
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by makydebbie(f): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2018
EOOJ:

Sweet post but u now spoilt it at d end... Men need marriage more dan women shocked Anyway sha, i no argue... I respect ur opinion grin

Thanks for respecting my opinion hun. kiss
When a woman is financially fulfilled, or let's say she's successful and has attained where she has always wanted to be, she can decide to get a sperm donor and get a child if she doesn't want the man. Men will need us for kids lol I can say alot but I'm busy now. And you can also ask lesbians.

donstan18:

Let's go logically, how do men need marriage more?
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by babyfaceafrica: 11:03am On Feb 06, 2018
ubunja:
without a wife..most men won't get regular sex?...says who?....
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by donstan18: 11:31am On Feb 06, 2018
makydebbie:

Thanks for respecting my opinion hun. kiss
When a woman is financially fulfilled, or let's say she's successful and has attained where she has always wanted to be ,

Lol, cheesy, you initially said "Logically" which should be general, and here you are classifying and choosing the kind of women you'll use to back up your logical stances, why choosing financially fulfilled women, why not go general cheesy to prove to me that men needs marriage than women cheesy

makydebbie:

she can decide to get a sperm donor and get a child if she doesn't want the man . Men will need us for kids lol I can say alot but I'm busy now. And you can also ask lesbians.

@Both embolden lines cheesy

You contradicted your claims therein, you mean a man cant aswell adopt a child if he doesn't want a woman? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by abiolamitodun(m): 11:36am On Feb 06, 2018
u mean it
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by ubunja(m): 12:29pm On Feb 06, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
without a wife..most men won't get regular sex?...says who?....
you forget most guys are in Friendzones.
you think it is out of the goodness of his heart that man takes care of a woman all her life as his wife?

1 Like

Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by gabinogem(m): 1:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
donstan18:

How did the system made it so?
Your culture/tradition, including the constitution of the country made it so....it gives men so much power to rule over women; same reason why women can not process bail bond in Nigeria.
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
My friend go and have several seats angry.
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by donstan18: 1:42pm On Feb 06, 2018
gabinogem:
Your culture/tradition, including the constitution of the country made it so....it gives men so much power to rule over women; same reason why women can not process bail bond in Nigeria.

Which culture, tradition and constitution made it so?

That's what I'm after, I want to know, tell me cheesy
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by gabinogem(m): 1:51pm On Feb 06, 2018
donstan18:

Which culture, tradition and constitution made it so?

That's what I'm after, I want to know, tell me cheesy
if u are truly curious to know, u should know exactly what to do at this junction. EOD grin
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by donstan18: 2:00pm On Feb 06, 2018
gabinogem:
if u are truly curious to know, u should know exactly what to do at this junction. EOD grin

And he couldn't explain or back up his claims grin grin grin
Re: Remove Marriage, Most Ladies Don't Have Other Things They Live For. by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
makydebbie:

The ultimate goal is to be happy, and that can be achieved without marriage. Truth be told, when you look at this logically, men actually need it (marriage) more.

Calm down.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See This Skinny Man's Jaw-dropping 4 Months Transformation (pics) / Some Interesting Sex Facts About The Least Known Countries / Help! I’m Not A Lesbian But I Think I’m In Love With A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.