Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" (23892 Views)

Saraki Replies Police On Plans to Arrest Him, Vows to Turn Himself in / Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement / IBB’s Statement: PDP Reacts To Advice To Vote President Buhari Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by themomentng: 10:24am On Feb 06, 2018
Kassim Afegbua, spokesman of former military president Ibrahim Babangida, says he committed no crime to warrant being declared wanted by the police.

Afegbua was declared wanted over the statement he released at the weekend on behalf of Babangida.

In the statement, Babangida bemoaned the incessant clashes and killings across the country, advocated for community policing, restructuring and noted that the country requires a “new breed of leaders” in 2019.

Subsequently, another statement purportedly signed by Babangida was released to counter the initial one put out by Afegbua.

Although Babangida later confirmed the veracity of Afegbua’s statement, the police on Monday declared him wanted.

Reacting to the development, Kayode Ajulo & Co, representatives of Afegbua, said there is a “desperate” attempt by some individuals to “to intimidate him and bend his will”.

The statement read: “Prince Afegbua is a well known journalist and was a cabinet member of Edo state government with a known address in Benin, Edo state and Abuja, yet he is not on notice of the police invitation whatsoever, before the purported publication declaring him wanted.

“For the avoidance of doubt, there are spelt-out procedures for declaring a person wanted by the Police. The Police or other law enforcement agencies can declare a person wanted if they find reasons to do so, particularly if the person is a suspect in the commission of a crime and is on the run.

“The public must know that our client, in discharging his duty to his principal, General Ibrahim Babangida, GCFR cannot by any stretch of the imagination be said to have committed a crime that warrants such negative publicity. Neither is he on the run.

“Our client, however, remains undeterred by the desperate efforts of some individuals to intimidate him and bend his will and rights against the Constitution provisions, framework of Nigeria Police Force Act and the laws of the land.

“The circumscription of his constitutional right to the dignity of self, freedom of expression and fair hearing denotes that there is a desperate attempt to scare him into submission.

“We have advised Prince Afegbua of his right and remedies available to him, as a law abiding citizen of NIgeria, he has elected to make himself available to the Police on Wednesday once he returns from his trip.”

http://www.promptnewsonline.com/ibbs-statement-know-address-afegbua-replies-police/

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Switruth: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2018
Correct...I have known Afegbua for years when we met at IBB golf club in Abuja. The guy is fearless and direct....IGP just dey select who to arrest forgetting that the position he is right now won't last forever.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by mangood74: 10:45am On Feb 06, 2018
everything about apc and jubril the sudanese is fake and vague

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by TheFreeOne: 10:47am On Feb 06, 2018
I won't be surprised if the police denied ever declaring him wanted to save face.

IGP should leave politics to politicians and concentrate on providing security to Nigerians and those under siege of Fulani militia terrorists herdsmen in the middle belt.

147 Likes 11 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by mbaboy(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2018
We had democracy under Gej,now we have cowtocracy under a herdsman in chief.

116 Likes 11 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by dangermouse(m): 10:52am On Feb 06, 2018
Nigeria is gradually slipping into tyranny.
So much for a "born again democrat" in aso rock .

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Beremx(f): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2018
The IGP should declare himself wanted too for taking sides with Fulani terrorists. Onye ara!

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by LORDOFAFONJAS: 11:05am On Feb 06, 2018
Beremx:
The IGP should declare himself wanted too for taking sides with Fulani terrorists. Onye ara!
My mama

When PDP take over we go put many of them for prison

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Firefire(m): 11:13am On Feb 06, 2018
I laugh the Fulani IGP to scorn... grin

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 06, 2018
Keep on keeping on

3 Likes

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by datopaper(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2018
There is indication that Buhari government May not succeed.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by 1sttruth: 11:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Lol, thats IGP bring it on

5 Likes

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Newpride(m): 11:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Keep cool guy, Nigerians are watching....... the ig will smell his yansh soon.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by datola: 11:43am On Feb 06, 2018
ok
Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by sapientia(m): 11:43am On Feb 06, 2018
Please.. surround yourself with night vision cctv. These guys are sooo desperate they can disappear anyone.

13 Likes

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by slimfit1(m): 11:45am On Feb 06, 2018
We have a useless IGP who has no knowledge of his job description basically a useless police man.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by HSfoundation(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2018
Yeye Buhari Media cows

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by spartan117(m): 11:46am On Feb 06, 2018
Honestly I've run out of words to describe this administration. I'm so tired but strengthened by the fact that there is still hope for Nigeria. All it takes is one good leader that can rally the masses and be honest and brave enough to tackle the rot in this country.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by continentalceo(m): 11:47am On Feb 06, 2018
Buharia the thug......the IGP is just a figure head.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by nerodenero: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin.

OBJ wrote, una no declare am wanted.

IBB wrote through Afegbua, una no declare IBB wanted but the feather-weight Afegbua. Yeye dey smell ooo grin grin grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Leonbonapart(m): 11:48am On Feb 06, 2018
Sh¡t hole country

6 Likes

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by thunderbabs: 11:48am On Feb 06, 2018
Why dey no declare Obasanjo wanted over hz own statement.... Buhari's time is up...

Fulanis are not welcomed on my mention tongue

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by adekhingz(m): 11:48am On Feb 06, 2018
THem think say na only them sabi write letter abi? Make i write my own.

Dear SAI BABA,

I'm coming....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by victorazy(m): 11:50am On Feb 06, 2018
ok

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by free2ryhme: 11:50am On Feb 06, 2018

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 06, 2018
CORRECT MAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by miqos02(m): 11:53am On Feb 06, 2018
Cum
Re: IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 06, 2018
SIMPLE!!! arrest him and let the world know we live in a sh!t hole zoo!!

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC: Abdulrasheed Bawa Promoted To Level 14 Ahead Of Senate Screening / Buhari Orders Nigerian Flag To Be Flown Half-mast For 3 Days In Honour Of COAS / Datti Baba-Ahmed: Nobody Will Get Kano's 1.9 Million Votes Of 2015 (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.