Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man (16034 Views)

Jonathan Goodluck's REPORT Card - Your Assessment / Musiwa is the Candidate that will Beat Goodluck,the north cant / Is Goodluck The Best We Can Do? (no Insults Or Ethnic/religious Arguments Pls) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Jakumo(m): 4:36pm On Apr 19, 2010
Much has been said about the DRAMATIC improvement in the supply of grid electrical power to Nigeria over the past few months, but a new thread is still in order, since Jonathan Goodluck has slayed a monster that NO OTHER Nigerian head of state DARED tackle at any time over the past 30 years.

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua, with lights and electrical appliances flickering to life all over Nigeria for the first time in the living memory of any person less than 30 years old, and now, there flows near 24-hour stable electrical power over vast, long forgotten swathes of a land formerly condemned to permanent darkness.

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead.  With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight.  This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

If there is a minor regret most Nigerians may quietly harbor in the wake of this astonishing development, it would probably be that those squalid, greedy saboteurs of the country's power supply capability cannot simply be lined up against a wall and shot to pieces in a hail of machinegun fire before an exultant crowd.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all.     Bravo Johnny !  You is da MAN !  Take my wife, please !   I would be greatly honored.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by OAM4J: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2010
hahahahaha. lol. @ take my wife offer

But seriously is electricity now more stable in Nigeria?

It is this kind of news and performance report I want to read about Jonathan and not just that he spoke at a meeting in US and promised this and that.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2010
OAM4J:

hahahahaha. lol. @ take my wife offer

But seriously is electricity now more stable in Nigeria?

It is this kind of news and performance report I want to read about Jonathan and not just that he spoke at a meeting in US and promised this and that.

Lol  . . .  has the man even started with tackling the electricity issue? Yes, he has declared a state of emergency and yes, he is working on putting together his team and all for to work with him on improving the situation, and yes he has promised things will change in 6 months, but last I called home(3 hours ago), I was told it is still the same old 10 hrs average a week in my area.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by tundewoods(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2010
Jakumo are you dreaming or something ? Where are from that power is now constant
This your Jonathan Propaganda !
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by OAM4J: 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Lol  . . .  has the man even started with tackling the electricity issue? Yes, he has declared a state of emergency and yes, he is working on putting together his team and all for to work with him on improving the situation, and yes he has promised things will change in 6 months, but last I called home, it is still the same old 10 hrs a week in my area.

Well i read somewhere (if true I dont know) that he has addressed the issue of lack of gas supply to most the generating outlets and this has improved and stabilized the power supply.

Some people actually claimed that power supply has improved. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-418292.0.html

But if the situation has improved or not, let those who live in Nigeria confirm.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2010
lol. This guy is a clown! grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by xterra2(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2010
[size=18pt]Beans!In my area in the last four hours light was taken 5 times,even now now light,(i wanna charge my laptop)
[/size][size=20pt]And he didnt declare state of emergency in power[/size]
[size=18pt]It is a flatant lie that light improved.[/size]
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
OAM4J:

Well i read somewhere (if true I dont know) that he has addressed the issue of lack of gas supply to most the generating outlets and this has improved and stabilized the power supply.

Some people actually claimed that power supply has improved. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-418292.0.html

But if the situation has improved or not, let those who live in Nigeria confirm.

I'm sorry I can't confirm that. There's no improvement of any sort.  undecided
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 5:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
OAM4J:

Lol  . . .  I doubt there has been much improvement. I just got off the phone with home and was told the light has still not come back on for the day, and it is not really better because it has gone down from an average of 6 a day in my area to 4, and we still run generator at night. I won't really expect a miracle now since it was only a couple of weeks ago( about 2 or 3) that the man declared this "emergency" type thing on electricity. Right after that he went off to the US, i read. I say, probably in 3 months, we go see how far, but as for Jakumo's, he will need to tell us exactly where one can go to experience this 24/7 miracle!  ROFLMAO!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by adamabdul: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2010
I am just wondering wether we are livin in the same Nigeria with these GJ supporters
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by marvix(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2010
The truth be said power has improved tremendously where I stay in Nig, I had my last stick of candle 4 abt 4wks now nd its not yet finished, I sleep all nite with d power on till morn,mayb a day I hav clse 2 16hrs light per day.

All that said I want us not 2 giv all credit 2 Jonathan because solvin power probs is not a days job, this is the effect of all d plans nd work dat Yaradua had been workin on though he may hav bin slow but he had laid d foundation nd now Jonathan can build faster and this is what we will judge him by in anoda 3mths.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by OAM4J: 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2010
Ujujoan:

I'm sorry I can't confirm that. There's no improvement of any sort.  undecided

thanks.

Kobojunkie:

Lol  . . .  I doubt there has been much improvement. I just got off the phone with home and was told the light has still not come back on for the day, and it is not really better per say. I won't really expect a miracle now since it was only a couple of weeks ago( about 2 or 3) that the man declared this "emergency" type thing on electricity. Right after that he went off to the US, i read. I say, probably in 3 months, we go see how far, but as for Jakumo's, he will need to tell us exactly where one can go to experience this 24/7 miracle!  ROFLMAO!!

let's wait for Jakumo to come and take us to the Miracle land. . . Just hope he has not signed out his wife yet  grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2010
Jakumo:

Much has been said about the DRAMATIC improvement in the supply of grid electrical power to Nigeria over the past few months, but a new thread is still in order, since Jonathan Goodluck has slayed a monster that NO OTHER Nigerian head of state DARED tackle at any time over the past 30 years.

It began virtually the instant President Goodluck took over from the long dead and entirely worthless Ex-President Yar Adua, with lights and electrical appliances flickering to life all over Nigeria for the first time in the living memory of any person less than 30 years old, and now, there flows near 24-hour stable electrical power over vast, long forgotten swathes of a land formerly condemned to permanent darkness.

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead. With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight. This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

If there is a minor regret most Nigerians may quietly harbor in the wake of this astonishing development, it would probably be that those squalid, greedy saboteurs of the country's power supply capability cannot simply be lined up against a wall and shot to pieces in a hail of machinegun fire before an exultant crowd.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all. Bravo Johnny ! You is da MAN ! Take my wife, please ! I would be greatly honored.

. . . . only that for the first time since moving to my area, I have not had electricity for three days running. Miracle man indeed!!!
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Beaf: 10:05pm On Apr 19, 2010
Jarus:

. . . . only that for the first time since moving to my area, I have not had electricity for three days running. Miracle man indeed!!!

First time? You're lucky! In the past that might have been 3 months! grin

@topic
There has been a strong improvement in power supply across the country since Uncle Joe took over. In some areas the change is phenomenal, in others, not yet noticeable; but I believe that as soon as all the wretched transformers and other droppings stopping flow are attacked and replaced, the whole country would indeed be witnessing something of a miracle.

Gone are the days when NEPA people would have whole streets wring out their very last pennies; then (only in good times), sell them a transformer that their taxes had already paid for; in bad times, they would simply collect the tranformer from the next street. . . The struggle continues grin.

Jonathan has indeed brought about strongly perceptible changes to power supply. Thats miracle enough for me!

@Jakumo
My name is Jonathan cool; how about the wife? grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by na2day2(m): 11:38pm On Apr 19, 2010
Jakumo:

Evidently, President Goodluck single handedly confronted, defeated and uprooted that profoundly evil gang of criminals who held on to key jobs in the national electrical utility company, exploiting their access to the key equipment for the devious purpose of profiteering from Nigeria's electrical blackout by making sure all electrical outlets remained permanently dead.  With President Goodluck now DIRECTLY running Nigeria's electrical power sector, all the worn-out excuses for the perennial blackout have miraculously vanished overnight.  This accomplishent is almost beyond comprehension, and is without equal in Nigeria's entire history.

All in all, Jonathan Goodluck ALREADY qualifies as Nigeria's MIRACLE MAN, for he has accomplished the seemingly impossible in virtually no time at all.     Bravo Johnny !  You is da MAN !  Take my wife, please !   I would be greatly honored.

some of my friends on FB living in nigeria are scared to even believe it, they fear something dreadful is about to happen because they have constant light. one of them wrote that sum1 is messing with his head grin grin grin grin

Kobojunkie:

Lol  . . .  has the man even started with tackling the electricity issue? Yes, he has declared a state of emergency and yes, he is working on putting together his team and all for to work with him on improving the situation, and yes he has promised things will change in 6 months, but last I called home(3 hours ago), I was told it is still the same old 10 hrs average a week in my area.

ur area needs to relocate back to nigeria tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by kosovo(m): 11:49pm On Apr 19, 2010
Miracle man? I don't Think so, as for the power issue, reports and confirmation shows that nothing has changed . . . That's just the basic truth . . .
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Beaf: 12:00am On Apr 20, 2010
na2day?:

some of my friends on FB living in nigeria are scared to even believe it, they fear something dreadful is about to happen [size=14pt]because they have constant light. one of them wrote that sum1 is messing with his head[/size]  grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 20, 2010
@beaf
How many mw is being generated as at now to make significant change that you just hughlighted?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Apr 20, 2010
Good question @Bluetooth

I was going to ask @Jakumo how many more we were now producing but when I read @Jakumo's post again, I sense he was probably being sarcastic.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by OAM4J: 12:36am On Apr 20, 2010
binhozie:

I have been having constant electricity supply over the last one week.
CONSTANT as in the accumulative power outage over the past week should be about 1 hour
I really dont know what is wrong. IS it restricted to my area, or has the '6000megawatts' been implemented and i didnt hear about it?
I'm worried  undecided

PapaBrowne:

I noticed the same thing though! Not anywhere as good as yours sha!

Not only has the power supply improved, the current is fuullllllll!

I hope they can maintain and even improve it sha!

Mardi Gras:

My Brodas na the same thing here for east o,
Ebonyi state
I'm afraid to sleep at night lest they get angry and increase voltage and raze my abode to the ground  shocked shocked shocked shocked

otokx:

The electricity has quite improved in my area of Port Harcourt, wonder how long this will last although NEPA brought a bill some days back.

deor03:

My Generator is looking worried.

It has NOT worked for 2 weeks.   Just taking this opportunity to do  TAM ( Turn Around Maintenance ) on my GEN.

I know we will soon pay back in due time for this constant power

Strictyan:

i live in kaduna state and i noticed the same thing too. does it mean these guys can actually provide reasonable power supply if they want to. na wa o. so we are suffering just so that some people can make money from diesel and generator importation.

damola1:

Interestingly, this is happening in Ikeja too, I am yet to get used to it.

Eking:

I ve not seen this kind of thing since i was born.I go soon dey warm my Generator

solajacobs:

Its thesame at Ajah Lagos,Ikeja and Its Environs

biggy4joe:

Everybody that stays in benin will testify 2 d new development,i stay in Ugbowo area and the light has really increase by 800% i think we should give them kudos, Even my friends that stay in Ekosodin are marvelled at the new dev, b4 now ekosodin dey get accumulatively 2hours a day.

Ericomoto:

For the first time in my Lagos life. I had light in my appartment in Gbagada for 72 hours non stop!!!.The fuel I bought 2 weeks ago is still there crying for use and my generator has become dusty.I can not believe this is happening in Nigeria. But yesterday,it became off and on again but better than none at all like before.

Mr Kelly:

I was shocked too that for the past two weeks, I have not used up to 4 liters in my gen.

I enjoyed putting all these together, can people in these area agree or disagree with them.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Kobojunkie: 12:39am On Apr 20, 2010
How much more is being producted now compared to 2 months ago?
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Beaf: 1:10am On Apr 20, 2010
~Bluetooth:

@beaf
How many mw is being generated as at  now to make significant change that you just hughlighted?

It went up by between 1,000 and 1,500 MW after Jonathan came in from about 2,250 MW to close to 4,000 MW. I hope I can find a reference for you. Anyway, thats the case, there's been measurable drama in the electric power sector.

==Edit==

I found this;

As Power Generation Drops to 3,200MW
12 April 2010
Lagos — The Power generation in Nigeria has dropped to 3,200 mega watts (mw).

Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) at the weekend confirmed this, maintaining that that power generation in Nigeria reduced by 400 MW from the current 3,600 MW generations.

The company stated this in a statement made available to Daily Independent, and blamed the drop on the shortfall in gas supply to its thermal stations.

The management of PHCN, the statement read; "regrets to inform its esteemed customers that it has received notice from the Nigerian Gas Company (NGC) that it will commence a four-day accelerated maintenance work on Oben and other gas pipelines on Friday, 9th April, 2010.

"As a result of the maintenance work, daily power generation will drop by 400 MW, from the 3600 MW of electricity currently being generated.

"However, we are informed that at the completion of the maintenance works more gas would be made available for additional electricity generation.

"In the circumstance, we appeal to our esteemed customers and other stakeholders, especially the mass media for understanding and cooperation as there will be substantial improvement in power supply nationwide after the maintenance of the gas pipe lines, as Geregu, Sapele and Olurunsogo Power Stations currently being restricted will come up fully to contribute to the overall generation to the national grid."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004130693.html
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 2:40am On Apr 20, 2010
Atrue, someworth.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Jakumo(m): 6:28am On Apr 20, 2010
Nigerians have every right to be sceptical over any claim of improvement in the supply of electrical power in Nigeria, particularly since EVERY single treasury looter that has stolen into the post of president generally included bogus promises of better days to come in their first few public speeches, HOWEVER, as several of the responses in this thread do clearly indicate, the current revival of Nigeria's electrical power distribution grid is REAL, and GROWING by leaps and bounds.

Whether the gains produced by Goodluck Jonathan can be sustained after he leaves office is another kettle of fish altogether, but for now, Nigeria has NEVER faced a time of greater hope and REAL, transformative change. Those who are already enjoying the use of near constant electrical power for the first time do not need to be convinced about what their eyes have seen, and for those whose neigborhoods are not yet lit up, all I can say is STAND BY, for Jonathan Goodluck is only getting started. The best is yet to come, y'all, and the time frame we are talking about will be measured in months, and not centuries, as it was in the past.

Go Johnny Go !
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by FrankC3: 10:05am On Apr 20, 2010
My neighbor was actually saying over the weekend that it seems that a PHCN big boy is in town wink. Now, I had light throughout last weekend and there was light on Monday morning when i left for work, my fridge was on when i came back and also when i woke up this morning.
If that is what you mean by improved power supply, then i am afraid that Jakumo is right. I am even often afraid that some guy will lose his job somewhere because he forgot to OFF the switch feeding my area. And the location is Lagos, in case you are wondering.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by SapeleGuy: 10:31am On Apr 20, 2010
Dear Jakumo,

I must concur, since Goodluck began to smile on Nigeria, even the transition between night and day seems to have improved.

The daylight appears more vibrant and the birds sing cheerier songs. It's clear that this could be the start of a wonderful time for Nigeria.

Keep hope alive and keep dreaming.

Regards

Sapeleguy
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by deor03(m): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2010
Ofcourse that has been Tremendous improvement in my area.

I bought N1,000 fuel early March, and I still have my Generator tank Filled up.

In fact i have put ON my Generator only ONCE since early March; though i augment with INVERTER for the few hours of power outage.

We have moved from 3-4 hours/ day to about 18 hours/day for close to 2 months now
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Dominoifet(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2010
In my area in Naija we don't get light at all. Sometimes 6months no light and when they bring it stays for only 30mins and they off it go on sabatical.

Since Christmas the whole thing just changed. Now we have one day on(lasting about 18hrs) and one day off.

Praise God
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by otokx(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2010
There is a gradual improvement of electricity as some claim but it is not wide spread.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by purplelady: 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2010
In my area in Lagos there was light through out March. I didn't finish 1k fuel i bought. In April there was a spark which left us without light for two days. Since then we have light like 20hours a day.
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by Nobody: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2010
what i have is worse than light

the voltage fluctuates WILDLY.

i don't bother using that nepa power, before it scatters my appliances
Re: Jonathan Goodluck - The Miracle Man by bibiking1(m): 7:14pm On Apr 20, 2010
The first miracle is that Jakumo actually initiated a thread!, You could have seen the grin on my face!
Obviously after your numerous battles with the dinful generating sets and the complexly inefficient inverters sucor appears to have come your way!, grin I am really happy for you brother!
However, the joy with which you have immersed yourself in currently can hardly be re-echoed in several other parts of the country. YES the light situation has IMPROVED but not to the point of shouting in foreign tongues.
I still have to iron when i see the light to ensure i have clothes to wear when i need them, when i can iron just before i go out then i would know that there has been a change.
Once again, thanks for starting a new post man! A breathe of fresh air!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Court Rejects Ramalan Yero's Application For Return Of International Passport / Plot To Sack Secondus As PDP Chairman Thickens, Wike Withdraws Support For Him / Blueprint Apologises To Osinbajo Over False Publication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.