Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) (56077 Views)

Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) / Haunting Photos Of Canary Islands Covered In Toxic Ash After Volcanic Eruption / My Experience While Using Google Earth For The First Time. (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by daveP(m): 4:40am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
If you like quote me and call me dumb or shortsighted.... The fact remains that the world is coming to an end. Strange things are happening everywhere. What seems impossible are now possible. Live your life as if you won't exist again the following day.
Awol for ages... Back finally?
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by daveP(m): 4:42am On Feb 07, 2018
Hell has relocated. Only in Lokoja you'll shower and come out sweating asif na oven you enter go shower. Ice storm tinz

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by martyns303(m): 6:15am On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:

Shes cool sis, tnx
is global warming supposed to make the earth warmer or colder?
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2018
daveP:
Awol for ages... Back finally?
Lol... Yeah grin
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by GreenArrow1(m): 7:48am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
If you like quote me and call me dumb or shortsighted.... The fact remains that the world is coming to an end. Strange things are happening everywhere. What seems impossible are now possible. Live your life as if you won't exist again the following day.

No you are not dumb. Just wrong. This is that "climate change" you've been hearing all along.

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:53am On Feb 07, 2018
martyns303:

is global warming supposed to make the earth warmer or colder?

Hotter, but sometimes it make some places colder due to some factors.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Xinzu: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2018
neloyah:
Meanwhile heat is here killing us in Nigeria sad !

I think say na only me oo sad
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by ashjay001(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

At a time, d whole world was covered in snow/ice(ice age). It all thawed. That its freezing again, doesn't mean, d end of d world, just a readjustment of survival tactics sic Iceland, Alaska, Canada, Russia etc

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by mvem(m): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
...it often snows there but not regularly.....and what are this strange things?...because I can tell you stranger things hv happened b4 now

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by fotadmowmend(m): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
No wonder it's hot here.....

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Luminee(f): 9:03am On Feb 07, 2018
See as Sahara Desert come be like Yankee
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by iamphill: 9:07am On Feb 07, 2018
Before opening this post. I knew this gat to be explorer
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Lomprico2: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2018
Psittacus:
end time things.. put ur life in order

Where was it written on any dooms day book that the world will end when snow falls in sahara desert? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by mvem(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2018
Is the town not called gateway to the desert... It is in the north of Algeria where the weather is temperate during this time...it is little bit strange because it happens less often but not too strange because of the location.... The real sahara is between Algeria and Nigeria( that's Mali,tchad, muritania , Mali...)..if snow falls there that's when you guyz can sing the end of the world stuff...stranger things have happened and many with our knowledge can be explained...just that we re less informed and don't read much that's why tinz like this look like miracles.... In those days without knowledge of science, man seeing an eclipse would hv thought God don show and many would hv done the same if not for education, some years ago people protested because they interpreted an eclipse as God being angry...anyhow, we should just be well read

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 07, 2018
the desert was once a forest.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by nowpresence(f): 9:15am On Feb 07, 2018
that means one day snow might fall in Nigeria
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by mvem(m): 9:16am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
....is the town not called gateway to the desert... It is in the north of Algeria where the weather is temperate during this time...it is little bit strange because it happens less often but not too strange because of the location.... The real sahara is between Algeria and Nigeria( that's Mali,tchad, muritania , Mali...)..if snow falls there that's when you guyz can sing the end of the world stuff...stranger things have happened and many with our knowledge can be explained...just that we re less informed and don't read much that's why tinz like this look like miracles.... In those days without knowledge of science, man seeing an eclipse would hv thought God don show and many would hv done the same if not for education, some years ago people protested because they interpreted an eclipse as God being angry...anyhow, we should just be well read
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by mattenaks: 9:21am On Feb 07, 2018
I have always argue that snow can actually fall in Africa, especially the North African region. I guess this proofs me right all long. you folks can call it 8th wonders of the modern world for all I care. But I think its "continental drift "

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by whirlwind7(m): 9:22am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

This event happened same place almost 40 years ago.
Why hasn't the world ended since then, going by your warped and religion induced analysis? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Shaev7(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2018
kocvalour:
Seems 9ja is the new Sahara desert
This photo is very funny...
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by kennysympathy(m): 9:25am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

Why not end the world for yourself? It is easy, one sachet of kill and dry will do that.

My friend, the world has no end. When one dies, his or her world has ended.

So wake up from your dream.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by wonder233: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari has a hand in this.
We all know how the Sahara desert was the hottest and driest place on earth, but post 2015, some of Buhari's draconian economic policies have led to people resorting to alternative means of livelihood, all of these impact the environment negatively, leading to this anomaly.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Jabioro: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2018
biacan:
But this is not the main Sahara desert nah.... this is the desert you'll see on the road before getting to ahgadaz but it's definitely hot..... the main desert it the one in "tibrakka" that's the den of thieves from allit to there do take 3 to 4 days in the desert only the strong survive in tibrakka that's where you'll see all this boko men face to face you just look them twice in the eyes if do oyo from tibbrakka to Libya is 40km where you pay to travel to Europe by see grin grin biacan don sea life ohhhh grin grin
Testifier..Spotted..Glory be to God we have you back alive,may your good testmonies continue always.

2 Likes

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 07, 2018
Explorers:
Locals were stunned to see snow on the sand dunes in the Sahara Desert today after it snowed in a small Algerian town for the second time this year.

Children could be seen playing on the snow-covered sand dunes just outside the town, while others posed on the snow to document the rare event.

The heavy snowfall makes the sand dunes look like snow-covered Alpine mountains

Snow was last seen in the town of Ain Sefra on February 18, 1979.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5357367/Sahara-Desert-town-snow-second-time-year.html
oga explorer, don't you think its high time you start a blog bro
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by Etianwanokon: 9:35am On Feb 07, 2018
God is coming. Get ready
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by TerrorSquad147: 9:39am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:
see girlie, you're cute kiss kiss
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by TerrorSquad147: 9:40am On Feb 07, 2018
adontcare:
Continental drift
you may be right you know?? Btw, did you study geology?
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by holocron: 9:43am On Feb 07, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Would any of us live FOREVER if the world NEVER comes to an end? "live your life as if you wont exist again the following day" Is the reality called DEATH, that INEVITABLE we so much ignore . Thanks for the advice, its a good one.

@the bolded, good question. For all of us, THE WORLD HAS ENDED FOR US AT THE TIME OF DEATH" EVERY LIVING THING MUST EVENTUALLY DIE. MAN MUST RECONCILE HIMSELF/HERSELF TO THIS FACT AND ACT ACCORDINGLY.
Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 9:44am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

With reference to this specific event why are you ignoring the fact it that it actually happened before, 40 years ago? Did you read the whole post or you came to look at pictures?

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by gafar1972(m): 9:52am On Feb 07, 2018
OneTeslim:
Geostorm
ur head is there..thought i was the only one who related the incidence to the movie

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by WorldRichest: 9:57am On Feb 07, 2018
sexybbstar:

I hope you are not a graduate, if you happen to be, quickly go back to your former school and collect back all your school fees and return your certificate. It is of no use to you.

1 Like

Re: Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 10:07am On Feb 07, 2018
while in Nigeria we are melting from excess heat..to make matters worse NEPA n de gree give light

I wish we could experience snow here too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lion Spotted Taking A Walk On The Streets In Roma, Italy Last Night (pics/video) / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty / Twitter Japa Advisor Caught Going Against Her Own Advice 2 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.