Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible (6768 Views)

How To Start A Food Blog As A Side Hustle In Nigeria And Make Money Online / Pls Empower Me With A Blog As Christmas Blessing, A Frustrated Jobless Graduate / How To Make Money With Your Blog As An Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by emmyw(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2018
How Do I Start a Blog as Quickly as Possible?

Having / Owing a blog is everyone passion and choice, but whole and behold there are somethings that need to be in place in order to manage your blog effectively. In this post, I will shed light on how quickly you can start managing a blog.

Steps to Start a Blog as Quickly as Possible
Although creating a blog might sound like a complicated task, it’s truly only as complex as you make it. The first steps in creating a blog are:
1. State your blogging mission.
2. Pick a CMS.
3. Find a web host.
4. Decide on a domain.
5. Choose a blog theme or template.
After that, you’re ready to begin writing superb content.

Step 1: Define Your Blogging Mission
Before you start a website management, think about your blog’s focus. While some bloggers have comprehensive coverage of several topics.

A few years back, I ran some blog dedicated to musics, sports, jokes and comedy and the likes. And here I am today. Above all, what blogging need is concentration and endurance, If you have that in you, I bet it that you won't have problem having a blog.

Just as important as a concentration, define your goals. Is this a creative outlet? Are you building a portfolio to launch a writing career? Do you have aspirations of monetizing and making money blogging? Define your blog’s focus and your motivation for starting a blog before you begin creating your website.

Step 2: Select a CMS
There are loads of quality content management systems available. Since we’re focusing on free methods to begin blogging, our options differ a bit from paid options. Although you won’t find any shortage of free blogging services, be aware that most free platforms come with limitations. These may be offset with upgrades though, so when or if you find a need for premium features, there’s a clear upgrade path.

In addition to free CMS platforms, you’ll find paid platforms. Almost every free offering includes paid tiers. But some blogging services only provide paid plans.

WordPress

WordPress.org is free to use, but you’ll need web hosting and a domain. This typically runs anywhere from $3 to $10 a month. Alternatively, you may host your blog yourself which requires server or cloud space. Setting up a
self-hosted WordPress blog for free is possible though.

Originally, I began blogging with a free site. After a few years of running that blog, I sought to create a more professional website (not a blog) and launched a self-hosted WordPress.org site. Its enormous library of themes and plugins that makes a fantastic choice for blogging. Since there are tons of resources and tutorials, it’s simple to get started.

With WordPress, changing themes is unchallenging . Additionally, if you reach a point where you’d like to create a self-hosted site rather than a free blog, it’s incredibly easy to transform a free blog into a more professional site.

Best for: Beginners to professionals

Pros:
- Free (both WordPress.org and ).
- Tons of support.
- Lots of themes and plugins.

Cons:
- WordPress.org requires hosting
Free sites not compatible with plugins or premium themes (paid upgrades available).

Blogger (Google )

For the majority of users seeking a free blog, Blogger is a solid choice. Like WordPress, you’ll find third-party templates. Although, many of these third-party offerings are pretty poor quality, whereas WordPress premium themes and even some free themes, offer lovely design elements.

Because Google owns Blogger, they could simply nix the service anytime, forcing you to find a new blogging platform. It’s admittedly a basic CMS, which is a benefit for some users but will leave more tech-savvy users wanting.

Thankfully, switching between WordPress and Blogger isn’t difficult. Although Blogger and WordPress differ, they carry some similarities as well.

Best for: [/b]Beginners

[b]Pros:

- Free
- Intuitive
- Google-owned.

Cons:
- Bad quality free themes
- Very basic

Tumblr

Although many CMS options are hosted, social media sites can be great for blogging. Tumblr is a solid choice, though it’s better suited to microblogging than long-form content creation. In fact, Tumblr is more akin to a social media site with its inclusions such as following blogs, reblogging, and integrated content sharing tools.

Since it’s free, ridiculously easy to use, and popular, Tumblr is a great pick for basic blogging purposes. Notably, microbloggers focused on photography or video may appreciate Tumblr.
Packed with free themes, Tumblr is a great site for blogging which makes gaining quality followers simple.

Best for : [/b]Beginners, microbloggers

[b]Pros:

- Social media integration
Microblogging-oriented
- Excellent for video, photography, GIFs, and more
- Lots of themes

Cons:
- Basic themes
- Difficult to back up and export Tumblr site

Step 3: Find a Host
After deciding upon a blogging platform, you may need a host. Some services such as include a host, but for a paid WordPress.org site, you’ll need a host.

The easiest route is using a host such as Hostgator, Bluehost, GoDaddy, iPage, or SiteBuilder if you want to host your blog with an abroad hosting company.

But if you want to host your blog with Nigeria Web Hosting Company, the lists of local webhost in Nigeria is as follow:

- WhoGoHost
- TfHost
- CertaSpace

Step 4: Select a Domain Name
Define and get a good name for your blog (e.g www.example.com). Make sure that the name you're to chose is suitable with your blog niche in order to attract site visitors.

Common Domain Name Provider
- Namecheap
- Whogohost
- GoDaddy
- BlueHost

Customize Your Blog
Once you’ve stated your mission, decided upon a CMS, found a web host, and selected a domain, it’s time to begin customizing your site. Largely, you’ll perform this through different themes and plugins. Depending on your CMS, where you can get these varies.

Themeforest.net is a great location for themes, and that’s where I snagged the theme for my website. You’ll also find tons of themes, plugins, and more at Creative Market.

Thankfully, tons of
no-coding templates exist for building a personal website.

Ultimately, there’s much to consider when starting a blog. However, it’s not difficult , and you can begin blogging almost immediately with the right platform. I highly suggest WordPress as a blogging platform for everyone from beginners to seasoned bloggers.

Thank you for taking your time to read this awesome post, Don't just leave this page after reading, endeavor to share with your friends across the globe.

Source: http://www.heroslodge.com/2146/how-do-i-start-a-blog-as-quickly-as-possible

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by ashiraf(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by dogstyle007(m): 10:20am On Feb 07, 2018
Nice
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Mishael4: 11:07am On Feb 07, 2018
emmyw:

Having / Owing a blog is everyone passion and choice, but whole and behold there are somethings that need to be in place in order to manage your blog effectively. In this post, I will shed light on how quickly you can start managing a blog.

Although creating a blog might sound like a complicated task, it’s truly only as complex as you make it. The first steps in creating a blog are:
2. Pick a CMS.
3. Find a web host.
4. Decide on a domain.

Before you start a website management, think about your blog’s focus. While some bloggers have comprehensive coverage of several topics.

A few years back, I ran some blog dedicated to musics, sports, jokes and comedy and the likes. And here I am today. Above all, what blogging need is concentration and endurance, If you have that in you, I bet it that you won't have problem having a blog.

Just as important as a concentration, define your goals. Is this a creative outlet? Are you building a portfolio to launch a writing career? Do you have aspirations of monetizing and making money blogging? Define your blog’s focus and your motivation for starting a blog before you begin creating your website.

There are loads of quality content management systems available. Since we’re focusing on free methods to begin blogging, our options differ a bit from paid options. Although you won’t find any shortage of free blogging services, be aware that most free platforms come with limitations. These may be offset with upgrades though, so when or if you find a need for premium features, there’s a clear upgrade path.

In addition to free CMS platforms, you’ll find paid platforms. Almost every free offering includes paid tiers. But some blogging services only provide paid plans.

WordPress

WordPress.org is free to use, but you’ll need web hosting and a domain. This typically runs anywhere from $3 to $10 a month. Alternatively, you may host your blog yourself which requires server or cloud space. Setting up a

Originally, I began blogging with a free site. After a few years of running that blog, I sought to create a more professional website (not a blog) and launched a self-hosted WordPress.org site. Its enormous library of themes and plugins that makes a fantastic choice for blogging. Since there are tons of resources and tutorials, it’s simple to get started.

With WordPress, changing themes is unchallenging . Additionally, if you reach a point where you’d like to create a self-hosted site rather than a free blog, it’s incredibly easy to transform a free blog into a more professional site.

Pros:
- Tons of support.

Cons:
Free sites not compatible with plugins or premium themes (paid upgrades available).

Blogger (Google )

For the majority of users seeking a free blog, Blogger is a solid choice. Like WordPress, you’ll find third-party templates. Although, many of these third-party offerings are pretty poor quality, whereas WordPress premium themes and even some free themes, offer lovely design elements.

Because Google owns Blogger, they could simply nix the service anytime, forcing you to find a new blogging platform. It’s admittedly a basic CMS, which is a benefit for some users but will leave more tech-savvy users wanting.

Thankfully, switching between WordPress and Blogger isn’t difficult. Although Blogger and WordPress differ, they carry some similarities as well.

[b]Pros:

- Free
- Intuitive
- Google-owned.

Cons:
- Very basic

Tumblr

Although many CMS options are hosted, social media sites can be great for blogging. Tumblr is a solid choice, though it’s better suited to microblogging than long-form content creation. In fact, Tumblr is more akin to a social media site with its inclusions such as following blogs, reblogging, and integrated content sharing tools.

Since it’s free, ridiculously easy to use, and popular, Tumblr is a great pick for basic blogging purposes. Notably, microbloggers focused on photography or video may appreciate Tumblr.
Packed with free themes, Tumblr is a great site for blogging which makes gaining quality followers simple.

[b]Pros:

Microblogging-oriented
- Lots of themes

Cons:
- Basic themes

After deciding upon a blogging platform, you may need a host. Some services such as include a host, but for a paid WordPress.org site, you’ll need a host.

The easiest route is using a host such as Hostgator, Bluehost, GoDaddy, iPage, or SiteBuilder if you want to host your blog with an abroad hosting company.

But if you want to host your blog with Nigeria Web Hosting Company, the lists of local webhost in Nigeria is as follow:

- WhoGoHost
- TfHost
- CertaSpace

Define and get a good name for your blog (e.g www.example.com). Make sure that the name you're to chose is suitable with your blog niche in order to attract site visitors.

- Namecheap
- Whogohost
- GoDaddy
- BlueHost

Customize Your Blog
Once you’ve stated your mission, decided upon a CMS, found a web host, and selected a domain, it’s time to begin customizing your site. Largely, you’ll perform this through different themes and plugins. Depending on your CMS, where you can get these varies.

Themeforest.net is a great location for themes, and that’s where I snagged the theme for my website. You’ll also find tons of themes, plugins, and more at Creative Market.

Thankfully, tons of

Ultimately, there’s much to consider when starting a blog. However, it’s not difficult , and you can begin blogging almost immediately with the right platform. I highly suggest WordPress as a blogging platform for everyone from beginners to seasoned bloggers.

Thank you for taking your time to read this awesome post, Don't just leave this page after reading, endeavor to share with your friends across the globe.

CC: Lalasticlala

Source: http://www.heroslodge.com/2146/how-do-i-start-a-blog-as-quickly-as-possible
Hi, I'm presently going a research on CMS and will please want you to fill my questionnaire (attached) and revert when completed.
If you've got friends that make use of CMS, you may kindly forward to them while they revert to my mail on the form.
Will be glad to hear from you as soon as possible (due to my limited time frame)
Thanks.

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by ibietela2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
is your site nairaland?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Doerstech(m): 6:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
As quickly as possible
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Webgritty: 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
I think starting a blog is as simple as ABC.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by biggerboyc(m): 6:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ok
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by designVATExcel: 6:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Insightful. Knowledge they say is power.
What of Wix that are always advertising on YouTube, or do they only provide websites?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
God Bless you for the post, Lalasticlala Abeg Unblock Dot Com Website link On Nairaland.. Unique Visitor's Is Important..
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by dayomi445: 6:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Good
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nice
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
It's just rubbish to me
Cos there are lots on internet work that can give you or make u rich like hush puppy in just a month lol

So blooding, blogging or danging me not understand oh

I need lala to teach me if so
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Headmaster055(m): 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
can you use a free hosting blog for affiliated program?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Boldwinner(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Brotherly, It is easier said than done.
What you wrote here is simply "How to start a blog"
You've said nothing about making it "Profitable" as your title suggested.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
It's just rubbish to me
Cos there are lots on internet work that can give you or make u rich like hush puppy in just a month lol

So blooding, blogging or danging me not understand oh

I need lala to teach me if so
like?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Fongido(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
emmyw:

2. Pick a CMS.
3. Find a web host.
4. Decide on a domain.

WordPress

Pros:
- Tons of support.

Cons:

Blogger (Google )

[b]Pros:

- Free
- Intuitive
- Google-owned.

Cons:
- Very basic

Tumblr

[b]Pros:

Microblogging-oriented
- Lots of themes

Cons:
- Basic themes

- WhoGoHost
- TfHost
- CertaSpace

- Namecheap
- Whogohost
- GoDaddy
- BlueHost

Customize Your Blog

Thankfully, tons of

Can someone blog efficiently with mobile phone or someone needs a laptop?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by silasweb(m): 9:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks for the info
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Promxy94(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
emmyw:

@
2. Pick a CMS.
3. Find a web host.
4. Decide on a domain.

WordPress

Pros:
- Tons of support.

Cons:

Blogger (Google )

[b]Pros:

- Free
- Intuitive
- Google-owned.

Cons:
- Very basic

Tumblr

[b]Pros:

Microblogging-oriented
- Lots of themes

Cons:
- Basic themes

- WhoGoHost
- TfHost
- CertaSpace

- Namecheap
- Whogohost
- GoDaddy
- BlueHost

Customize Your Blog

Thankfully, tons of

Please how can I contact u
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by ascend: 11:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
wix is an online web building platform. Creating a website with wix may be easy but running it will cost you more on the long run. it cost about $4 for their cheapest package which is equivalent to $48/yr. This is far greater that what you will pay for regular webhosting

Another thing is that if you create a website on wix, you are stuck with them as you cannot move to a different platform if you happen to get tired of their service.

But with wordpress or any other cms. You can seamlessly move to any host of your choice
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Krafty006: 2:14am On Feb 08, 2018
tips......quality custom shoes 0-8-1-8-1-6-6-3-6-1-6.
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Kessythegeek(m): 6:39am On Feb 08, 2018
sir thank you so much for the heads-up but please can you tell us how to make it more profitable? and please can we talk on Whatsapp?
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 08, 2018
I totally disagree with the cons of Blogger .

1. Blogger blog have a wide variety of themes which you can use for your blog. I mean themes like school website, portfolio, beautiful blogs, and etcetera

2. Basic in which way if i may ask?

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 08, 2018
Headmaster055:
can you use a free hosting blog for affiliated program?

Yes you can

. For instance ; Google Blogger Platform

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Sandieby(f): 9:10am On Feb 08, 2018
you can contact us for web design, Mobile app design on www.genrosys.com or call us on 08160956103 [url][/url]www.genrosys.com[img][color=#000099][/color]

Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Ofoegbus(m): 5:07pm On May 01, 2019
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by Sandieby(f): 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2019
we design Custom built apps and websites, ecommerce and blog site at an affordable price, reach me on 08160956103
Re: How To Start A Profitable Blog As Quick As Possible by ajasay3030(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2023
Having the right number of blog posts before launching your website can contribute to your blogging success.

If you're planning to start a blog, learn how many blog posts you need to publish your new blog.

https://writeseoblogs.com/how-many-blog-posts-before-launching-my-website/

(1) (Reply)

How To Use Ajax (asynchronous Javascript) / . / How To Get More Readers On Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.