Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo (19468 Views)

Why Nigerian Leaders Don’t Value Education – Fela Durotoye / Nigeria Needs A Leader Who Understands Economics- Obasanjo / Plot To Split APC Suffers Major Setback As Some Leaders Refuse To Join rAPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by 20banks: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2018
Need a beautiful,well crafted and high class E-Commerce website?
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:41am On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari number 1 !professional dullard! Olodo niggah 1 !fuxking baskard dam fulani!

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by warrah(m): 10:42am On Feb 07, 2018
rxmusa:

WHY PRESIDENT BUHARI’S CASE IS DIFFERENT

First was former President Obasanjo’s letter asking PMB not to contest in 2019 citing many reasons why he has to leave the exalted office. It was quickly followed by another letter from former dictator Ibrahim Babangida asking PMB to step aside In 2019 for a younger president. This was followed by the hate and weeping from the losers of 2015 elections who are yet to come to terms with the situations they found themselves since the feeding bottles were forcefully taken away from their rapacious greedy mouths.

It was quickly followed by the cries from those who for years had been stealing our crude oil, selling it and pocketing the dollars, those who stole billions of Pension Funds and Salaries of workers, those who stole trillions of Naira in the name of subsidy, those who stole the federal Government to bones with thousands of fictitious accounts, the banks who raked billions every month as charges, those who stole billions of dollars meant for the purchase of arms to fight insurgents.

What of those in JAMB office, FIRS, NIMASA, CUSTOMS who stole billions meant for government coffers? They are not left out in the era of pains and tears. What about the experts in Budget padding found in the National Assembly? They are still weeping and gnashing their teeth.
Then followed another gnashing of teeth and weeping from the importers of rice from Thailand that cost the country more than 3 billion dollars every year? What about the tragic stories and tales of woes from those whose ill gotten houses, hard currencies, and cars were confiscated by EFCC? They wished and still wish that PMB must die.

Even those found to have stolen billions from the coffers of the Police, Army, Navy, Air Force had to cough out and vomit the money and they are not left out in the weeping contest. Even those found in the media (both electronic and print) who got billions of stolen money to help sell rotten eggs in 2015 are still crying without consolation for years now.They sobbed and sobbed and are still sobbing today with no end in sight. What about the billions confiscated from the coffers of the former first lady? The woman and her followers have been weeping and cursing the day PMB was born. What about the religious leaders who got billions from GEJ in the days of the locust? Oh, they are weeping without control and wish that PMB will die immediately.

How come all those who are being accused of stealing money are now feigning sickness? What went wrong? I can go on and on but there is no need to continue to do so. You cannot continue to box a man lying prostrate on ground who has no strength to fight back.

Now, their biggest pains is that PMB is doing what they failed to do in 16 years. PMB is building massive infrastructure across Nigeria. PMB has been growing our internal revenue which is now overtaking crude oil revenue, the first in 45 years. PMB has brought about unprecedented revolution in Agriculture in Nigeria and has particularly reduced Rice importation by 60% and employing millions. PMB has added serious values to Power generation (7000+ MW), the highest so far. PMB has given corruption a bloody nose and no Nigerian head of state living or dead has matched his record. PMB has grown the Nigerian Stock Exchange volume of business to 15.75 trillion naira, the highest so far.

In their own very eyes PMB is now the Anti Corruption Champion in Africa. This is the principal reason the idiots want him out. They cannot withstand another four years. They may all die. Cheap money is no longer flowing. Looted money is no longer available.

They talk about National security, the herdsmen and the killings in Benue, Tarawa, Adamawa. I have been seeing cattle rearers since I was young. Because PMB is a fulani, the bigots think he is arming them to kill other Nigerians and islamize them. Yeye people all!

PMB’s case is very different. He had a mission and vision of what he wants to do and he is doing it. The gang up cannot fly and it will not work.A friend once educated me on the meaning of stupid. He says it is knowing the truth, seeing the truth but still believing lies. Being honest may not fetch you many friends but it will fetch you the right ones. PMB friends and committed followers are the ordinary Nigerians who fight for him even with empty stomachs because they believe he is fighting for them. They can feel it , they see it and they know the man is not corrupt.

Iam told that the loudest person in the room is not always the strongest. OBJ and IBB’s letter may not fly this time because PMB’s case is different. PMB is doing what OBJ and IBB did not do. IBB corrupted our democracy and democratized corruption. Former President Obasanjo wasted eight years of South West presidency and even wanted a third term. He could not find the killers of Bola Ige, Harry Marshall, Ogbonnaya Uche, Dikibo, Funsho Williams, Daramola etc.
Those who destroyed our yesterday cannot be the ones that will control tomorrow’s potentials. This is why PMB’s case is different.

Joe Igbokwe
Lagos.

Some half baked truths ...7000MW added indeed, maybe it is only in Duara....

Okay, assuming all you said are true...

What of reinstatment of Maina, what of Babachair, what of the nepostism that is so glaring, what of backyard subsidy on petroluem products, what of fuel scarcity.. and many other things too numerous to mention.

Buhari has tired his best but we need a young blood.....Not PDP or APC because PDP = APC

QED.
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 07, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Baba Iyabo never gets tired of schooling us. Atleast his administration brought some progress to Nigeria
Like what?
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by buhariguy(m): 10:49am On Feb 07, 2018
dotun365:
The economy was at its healthiest under his reign. highest level of foreign reserves, lowest level of international/domestic debt, liberalisation oof the telecommunication sector. He also sold off the refineries before his successor came and reversed the decision. he's arguably Nigerias best ever leader
thief obj highlight three point.
Leadership, infrastructure and development.

And I ask? What has he achieved in terms of infrastructure and development in his 8yrs
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by bigpicture001: 11:03am On Feb 07, 2018
hungryboy:
General Obasanjo make some good points, but truth be told, he had 8yrs to make this country better and he blew it.

Didn't build any new refineries or made the ones we already had to work, spent trillions on electricity but we are still in darkness, always used Security agencies to go after people , he disagreed with. Even lobbied to get a third term.
The only standout achievement of his administration is that, mobile networks got their license to operate when he was there.

Mr Obasanjo, truth be told, you are in no position to lecture us on anything
...just like ur moniker suggest,you shld be really hungry for knowledge, you know nxt to nothing about economics, I see ppl like you also giving you 27likes for what they know nothing about..guy, go bak nd learn,obj gave the economy one of the highest growth rate ever achieved..it will take me real pain explaining to you,cuz u seem also not to understand the concept of demand nd supply
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Yeeyo: 11:07am On Feb 07, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
Baba Iyabo never gets tired of schooling us. Atleast his administration brought some progress to Nigeria
Pls next time called him Phd Ex president not somebody that has primary certificate
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by bigpicture001: 11:09am On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=buhariguy post=64859354]thief obj highlight three point.

And I ask? What has he achieved in terms of infrastructure and development in his 8yrs[/quote..you were probably 8 years old then,nd could even rrecognise them wen u see them.plz go bak to study
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by buhariguy(m): 11:10am On Feb 07, 2018
dayo2me:
you must be kidding at the bolded. kindly sleep again and when you wake up, make a research on how telecom has become widespread and cheap.
hahahahaha, I laugh in Swahili.
So telecommunications in 8yrs as an achievement.
I pity idiotic pigs of Biafra.

Telecommunications that other smaller Africa country were already enjoying since 1990.
And beside, did he use Nigeria money to built it?
Just because he approved the documents of econet,Mtn and Glo .
Nonsense achievement.

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by omohayek: 11:13am On Feb 07, 2018
proffemi:

I am getting uncomfortable with the frequency at which I am forced to defend OBJ. I feel compelled to do it because a citizenry that is too dense to see things for what they are can never break free of the shackles of oppression. OBJ is no saint. He is possibly just as corrupt as any Nigerian politician (although I see no *evidence* of that). Has a reputation of sleeping with anything in skirts that moves. Vindictive. Ugly (OK, that's a low blow, especially for an energetic octogenarian). But we need to recognize that he remains our best president to date. This is an amended version of some previous posts on his achievements:

1. 2000% increase in foreign reserve.

2. Secured unprecedented level of debt relief (unprecedented==unheard of. Anywhere in the world. Ever.)

3. More than ANY other Nigerian president, OBJ was a man who knew how to put structures and institutions in place. ICPC, EFCC,NAFDAC,health insurance, pension reform, NDDC, telecommunications. Say whatever you want about him using EFCC/ICPC as his personal bulldog, but history says no other Nigerian president did as much to *systematically* fight corruption.

4. Outstanding headhunter. Excellent at seeking out top minds, and had the intellect and ego to stay in the same room with them (unlike someone like GEJ, who seemed easily cowed by intellect, OBJ could slug it out with the brightest mind). He followed talent wherever (tribe or sex be damned)it led, and ended up with brilliant minds like Solude, Okonjo-Iweala, Akunyili etc.

5. Say whatever you will, but he was probably our most de-tribalized president. Notice how so many of his top performer were Igbos?

6. Introduced system of allocating cabinet slots by state (a system that certainly has its flaws, but which was not as abused under him).

7. In keeping with his strength as a visionary who put structures in place, his government launched Nigeria's first satellite.

8. Ran (up till that point anyway) certainly Nigeria's most gender-balanced government. He wasn't scared of powerful women like some of our friends. He did not care about your sex (ahem; I know, I know. He was notorious for ahem PG18..., but that did not affect his performance as president, and that is what is before us).

9. People talk about the "progress" being recorded in the power supply and generation system. They are still following (amended versions of)a blueprint he put in place. Ditto for the national railway networks.
I too am hardly the biggest fan of Obasanjo - I don't like his megalomaniacal tendencies, the power-hunger that made him push for a third-term and then appoint a terminally-ill man as his successor, his obsessive philandering, etc., but when it comes to the handling of Nigeria's economy, there is simply no question that Obasanjo was far and away the best president Nigeria has ever had. Those who attempt to deny this obvious truth are either speaking from rank ignorance, or are still so overcome by bitterness at the defeat of "their" GEJ that they are unable/unwilling to think straight - in most cases, probably a mixture of the two.

As for what Obasanjo has to say, he is 100% correct, no matter what one thinks of his tenure as leader. I can't get my head around the stupidity of those who suggest that because Obasanjo's own time in office wasn't perfect, this in any way discredits what he has to say: even if he were the worst ruler Nigeria has ever had, how would that affect the truth of 2+2=4? Is it any wonder that Nigeria keeps electing thieves like GEJ and illiterates like Buhari, when basic logic seems beyond even those Nigerians who are both literate and have internet access?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by pafisayo(m): 11:24am On Feb 07, 2018
hungryboy:
General Obasanjo make some good points, but truth be told, he had 8yrs to make this country better and he blew it.

Didn't build any new refineries or made the ones we already had to work, spent trillions on electricity but we are still in darkness, always used Security agencies to go after people , he disagreed with. Even lobbied to get a third term.
The only standout achievement of his administration is that, mobile networks got their license to operate when he was there.

God bless you ...
E also ensured our legislative arm took their time to twist/amend/manipulate d constitution in such a way it would be extremely difficult for a country like Nigeria to actually grow irrespective of who’s at d Helms of affair be it Hausa Igbo or Yoruba .
Nigerians basically serve its law makers that’s why it’s prettt much easy for them to use half a billion to procure photocopy manchines on a yearly basis
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Man2utd(m): 11:35am On Feb 07, 2018
youngest85:
He's included

That was why he employed some one capable... Okonji Ngozi O... She knew her job well.
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by biggie73(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2018
I question obj's judgement on the leadership he endorses.
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by pally123: 12:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
mbaboy:
My anger is that u knew Buhari doesn't understand economics and u stupidly supported him in 2015 election all because u wanted GEJ out by all means. May God have mercy on u and u deserve to tender apology to Nigerians
He said "anything" but Jonathan. He's paying for it

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Halo22: 12:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
nerodenero:
I hope the 3rd force when it becomes a political party which we all know is the aim, will present somebody who knows Economics?
Like seriously, I can't wait to join the third force.
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by lekzy247: 12:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Do you have a 2006 car model that you aren't using as it should? Let your car work for you and earn you as low as #120k monthly. Ask me how! Call or whatsapp: 08172819228

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Igba123: 12:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
toluleke:
Apart from NEPOTISM and indiscipline of the cabals. Buhari is still among the best president nigerians have ever elected.
cabal? Are u serious? How can he be among d best when cabals, instead of him, are those running d show?
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by newslifeop: 12:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
Really baba iyabo
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by MichaelBukamzy(m): 1:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
buhariguy:
that is the problem with idiotic pigs of Biafra.
Buhari regime is still ongoing,
But the messenger, thief obasanjo has finish his tenure and he did not lay a single block you can call infrastructure in 8yrs.
But buhari in less than 3yrs has laid a big foundation in all sector, a foundation of hope that Nigeria will be great again, to be a real giant of Africa

Killings and corruption gives you a foundation of hope.
You are a shithole too
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by dotun365: 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
buhariguy:
thief obj highlight three point.

And I ask? What has he achieved in terms of infrastructure and development in his 8yrs
telecommunication is part of infrastructure and we made significant progress during his tenure. He demonstrated leadership by negotiating one of the biggest debt reliefs from the the paris club.

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Referendum50(f): 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
rxmusa:

WHY PRESIDENT BUHARI’S CASE IS DIFFERENT

First was former President Obasanjo’s letter asking PMB not to contest in 2019 citing many reasons why he has to leave the exalted office. It was quickly followed by another letter from former dictator Ibrahim Babangida asking PMB to step aside In 2019 for a younger president. This was followed by the hate and weeping from the losers of 2015 elections who are yet to come to terms with the situations they found themselves since the feeding bottles were forcefully taken away from their rapacious greedy mouths.

It was quickly followed by the cries from those who for years had been stealing our crude oil, selling it and pocketing the dollars, those who stole billions of Pension Funds and Salaries of workers, those who stole trillions of Naira in the name of subsidy, those who stole the federal Government to bones with thousands of fictitious accounts, the banks who raked billions every month as charges, those who stole billions of dollars meant for the purchase of arms to fight insurgents.

What of those in JAMB office, FIRS, NIMASA, CUSTOMS who stole billions meant for government coffers? They are not left out in the era of pains and tears. What about the experts in Budget padding found in the National Assembly? They are still weeping and gnashing their teeth.
Then followed another gnashing of teeth and weeping from the importers of rice from Thailand that cost the country more than 3 billion dollars every year? What about the tragic stories and tales of woes from those whose ill gotten houses, hard currencies, and cars were confiscated by EFCC? They wished and still wish that PMB must die.

Even those found to have stolen billions from the coffers of the Police, Army, Navy, Air Force had to cough out and vomit the money and they are not left out in the weeping contest. Even those found in the media (both electronic and print) who got billions of stolen money to help sell rotten eggs in 2015 are still crying without consolation for years now.They sobbed and sobbed and are still sobbing today with no end in sight. What about the billions confiscated from the coffers of the former first lady? The woman and her followers have been weeping and cursing the day PMB was born. What about the religious leaders who got billions from GEJ in the days of the locust? Oh, they are weeping without control and wish that PMB will die immediately.

How come all those who are being accused of stealing money are now feigning sickness? What went wrong? I can go on and on but there is no need to continue to do so. You cannot continue to box a man lying prostrate on ground who has no strength to fight back.

Now, their biggest pains is that PMB is doing what they failed to do in 16 years. PMB is building massive infrastructure across Nigeria. PMB has been growing our internal revenue which is now overtaking crude oil revenue, the first in 45 years. PMB has brought about unprecedented revolution in Agriculture in Nigeria and has particularly reduced Rice importation by 60% and employing millions. PMB has added serious values to Power generation (7000+ MW), the highest so far. PMB has given corruption a bloody nose and no Nigerian head of state living or dead has matched his record. PMB has grown the Nigerian Stock Exchange volume of business to 15.75 trillion naira, the highest so far.

In their own very eyes PMB is now the Anti Corruption Champion in Africa. This is the principal reason the idiots want him out. They cannot withstand another four years. They may all die. Cheap money is no longer flowing. Looted money is no longer available.

They talk about National security, the herdsmen and the killings in Benue, Tarawa, Adamawa. I have been seeing cattle rearers since I was young. Because PMB is a fulani, the bigots think he is arming them to kill other Nigerians and islamize them. Yeye people all!

PMB’s case is very different. He had a mission and vision of what he wants to do and he is doing it. The gang up cannot fly and it will not work.A friend once educated me on the meaning of stupid. He says it is knowing the truth, seeing the truth but still believing lies. Being honest may not fetch you many friends but it will fetch you the right ones. PMB friends and committed followers are the ordinary Nigerians who fight for him even with empty stomachs because they believe he is fighting for them. They can feel it , they see it and they know the man is not corrupt.

Iam told that the loudest person in the room is not always the strongest. OBJ and IBB’s letter may not fly this time because PMB’s case is different. PMB is doing what OBJ and IBB did not do. IBB corrupted our democracy and democratized corruption. Former President Obasanjo wasted eight years of South West presidency and even wanted a third term. He could not find the killers of Bola Ige, Harry Marshall, Ogbonnaya Uche, Dikibo, Funsho Williams, Daramola etc.
Those who destroyed our yesterday cannot be the ones that will control tomorrow’s potentials. This is why PMB’s case is different.

Joe Igbokwe
Lagos.

Trash
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Baba Sege
U wey understand economics, why u carry $17bn go blow on NIPP, yet we are still in darkness
Afonja megalomaniac
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by chinedu234(m): 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
hungryboy:

Didn't build any new refineries or made the ones we already had to work, spent trillions on electricity but we are still in darkness, always used Security agencies to go after people , he disagreed with. Even lobbied to get a third term. There are a lot you need to know beyond selfish desires. Reversal of the drowning industries. Payment of Paris debt. Consolidation of the banking sector. Construction of the Benin bypass. Set up of Efcc and Icpc. The first major upliftment of salaries and wages of public service. Identification of private sector initiative as the route to present economic development. Too many achievements to exhaust. Agreed that there were many upturns of the rule of law but baba remains the only pragmatic leader Nigeria has ever had.

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by chinedu234(m): 5:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=hungryboy post=64855139] General Obasanjo make some good points, but truth be told, he had 8yrs to make this country better and he blew it.

Didn't build any new refineries or made the ones we already had to work, spent trillions on electricity but we are still in darkness, always used Security agencies to go after people , he disagreed with. Even lobbied to get a third term. There are a lot you need to know beyond selfish desires. Reversal of the drowning industries. Payment of Paris debt. Consolidation of the banking sector. Construction of the Benin bypass. Set up of Efcc and Icpc. The first major upliftment of salaries and wages of public service. Identification of private sector initiative as the route to present economic development. Too many achievements to exhaust. Agreed that there were many upturns of the rule of law but baba remains the only pragmatic leader Nigeria has ever had.

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
engineerboat:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said it is unfortunate that many of the country’s leaders lack basic economic skills which he insists is one of the reasons why the country has not made much progress.

He said this, yesterday, at the 15th annual leadership symposium organised by the Center for Values in Leadership (CVL) in Lagos.

Obasanjo, who was the special guest of honour at the lecture, said even though he is optimistic about the country, it has become imperative that the country transitions to a popular movement, which would give the people a feeling that power is in their hands.

“The three ingredients of success are leadership, governance and development. Leaders should understand the world we live in; they should not live their lives in ignorance of what is happening around them.

“Any leader that wants to be successful must have a good knowledge of the economy but some of our leaders do not even understand what demand and supply, which is the most basic aspect of economics. In Nigeria, we are not there yet, but, we would be deceiving ourselves if we do not speak home truths.

“What are these home truths? The first is that diversity must be acknowledged and be appreciated. We should make diversity an asset and not a liability.

“The second is infrastructure and the basis of our development must be adequate provision of infrastructure. We should also be able to transition peacefully from one government to the other or one party to the other. We must transition to a popular movement and give the people the feeling that power is in their hands,” Obasanjo said.

The former president also added that security issues should not be emotional and, in any decision taken towards security, the changing times must be considered.

“You cannot use the security methods that were used in the colonial times and assume that it would be effective in the 21st century. Adapt modern security techniques and don’t say that it is not your culture. Culture is dynamic. It changes. When we ordered motorcycle riders to ensure they wear crash helmets for safety, the late Abubakar Rimi objected and said it was not their culture in the North to wear helmets. I responded by telling him that riding a motorcycle is not their culture, either; it is a western culture.

And, I also told him that if he wants to retain the cultural means of transportation in the North, then, everybody should be riding a donkey or a camel because motorcycles were invented by the West…”

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/some-leaders-dont-understand-economics-obasanjo/amp/

OBJ u ruled Nigeria for at least 11.5 years, We know u don't have any knowledge bout economics.
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Bobulopsy(m): 6:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
hungryboy:
When we
ordered motorcycle riders to ensure
they wear crash helmets for safety,
the late Abubakar Rimi objected
and said it was not their culture in
the North to wear helmets. I
responded by telling him that
riding a motorcycle is not their
culture, either; it is a western
culture.
And, I also told him that if he wants
to retain the cultural means of
transportation in the North, then,
everybody should be riding a
donkey or a camel because
motorcycles were invented by the
West…”
The response make sense die
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by Bobulopsy(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
hungryboy:
When we
ordered motorcycle riders to ensure
they wear crash helmets for safety,
the late Abubakar Rimi objected
and said it was not their culture in
the North to wear helmets. I
responded by telling him that
riding a motorcycle is not their
culture, either; it is a western
culture.
And, I also told him that if he wants
to retain the cultural means of
transportation in the North, then,
everybody should be riding a
donkey or a camel because
motorcycles were invented by the
West…”
The response make sense die

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by tuniski: 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
buhariguy:
Thief obasanjo that is an economist, did not improve any sector of the economy for his 8yrs of his despotic reign
He Solved communication problem as a critical development driver. What are left are transportation and energy. Those will take more than 8yrs and 16bn$. The roadmaps were equally set by the PDP. You can Accuse them of so many things but, can't deny these.

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by buhariguy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
tuniski:

He Solved communication problem as a critical development driver. What are left are transportation and energy. Those will take more than 8yrs and 16bn$. The roadmaps were equally set by the PDP. You can Accuse them of so many things but, can't deny these.
for 8yrs? And you accused buhari of less than 3yrs

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by lawlhee: 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Some? It is majority of them the knowledge of economics and finance is very key to a nation's economic development.
Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by kernel504(m): 8:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
hungryboy:

Uncle, I'm an Igbo man, Obasanjo isnt my example of a leader, but he is classy and well savved in economic matters.

One, Crude oil was selling $24 when he took power, Nigeria was highly in debt, he was installed, meaning he was been ordered by certain generals, there was global recession.

But saved so much billions, fought for the cancellation of Nigerian debt, brought independent telecommication companies in the face of global recession.

Mark my word, while the world was crying over global recession, Nigeria was immuned.

He didnt blame Abusalam or Abacha.

1 Like

Re: Some Leaders Don’t Understand Economics –obasanjo by MIKOLOWISKA: 9:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:
which progress. Better thank your stars satellite phone didn't come first, you for no see GSM use!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kogi Guber: Anxiety As APC Chieftains Pressure Aspirants To Step Down / Nnamdi Kanu's Sureties Won't Lose N300 Million Bond - IPOB Lawyer, Ejiofor / Explanation Of Land Sizes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.