Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? (15382 Views)

Why Are Women Crazy About Tall Men? / Why Are Women Cheating More Than Men Lately? / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
undecided

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
ekensi01:
They are treated the way they chase after money.

I don't need to explain further.
My dear even if the lady is not after money, most guys train your brains to think they are.... Very bad

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
All I can say is Nigeria women are treated the way they present themselves to the public

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
Oh great.

A simp. lipsrsealed
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by obinna58(m): 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
It all started with religion
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by saggis: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
This may surprise most 'Akata' feminists, but most Nigerian women prefer things the way they are in Nigeria. Even educated ones. Nigerian women are the second most pampered women in the whole world. second only to Arabian women.

Most do not have to do any serious work, but has everything paid for and provided for by Nigerian men. This applies to both stinking rich Nigerians and the okada men, brick layers, bus drivers and conductors.

Ask the Alaye bus drivers and conductors in Nigeria how many of them their wife WORKS. Not very many I can assure you. The small scale biz most of them run were set up and funded by their husbands.

In the west the financial loads are shared almost equally between man and wife.

12 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by no1madman(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
Like a fuccckinnng queen. .[img][/img]

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by BakireBulmaker: 1:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
AccessME:
women are used as sex objects. They don't have much values in the eyes of men aside satisfying their sex huge, giving birth to children, taking care of the children while growing up and looking after the house.

And after these effort by housewives, some men will still have the Gods to raise hand to beat their wife.

it just so saddening and disheartening!

It's 'guts'
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
Na so people wan bring western feminist agendas to Nigeria now abi? Smh.

6 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by saggis: 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
My mom and all my aunties own and ride nice cars. All the cars were bought by their husbands. I do not know of any single one that bought her own car.

Every now and then we will gather to wash yet another car bought by papa Emeka for mama Emeka.

10 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by brownhawk: 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
If op is truly a man, then he's high on something. How can a normal person wake up and start requesting answers for incomplete questions .or is it the same Nigerian women whom the most righteous one among them can open her legs for a billion naira

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
brosci:
undecided
when i was in delta state, i had a friend who was far older than me and was married to a beautiful lady. he did everything he could for this woman, supported her finacially and even started a business for her.
unfortunately the man was dischared from the army and was no longer finacially competent. his beautiful angel decided to show her true colours; she cheated publicly with every guy she found desirable, insulted the man and even stayed away from home for days......

so pls op do you know what the average nigeria man go through from women alone?
may feminism not kill you.
Your friend was a cuckold and a captain save a hoe. The signs were always there but he chose to ignore. No pity for his kind. This is 2017 and no man must get married it's a high risk low reward affair for us men but our species will never hear like the idiot feminist mangina op that wrote this rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by harry2sexy(m): 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
AccessME:
women are used as sex objects. They don't have much values in the eyes of men aside satisfying their sex huge, giving birth to children, taking care of the children while growing up and looking after the house.

And after these effort by housewives, some men will still have the Gods to raise hand to beat their wife.

it just so saddening and disheartening!
guts
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=eleojo24 post=64862896]

OP, where did you see this one?[/hu]a Baptist pastors wife was told her baby is not properly positioned. his legs were down instead of up. she had to go through a Cs. husband refused and threatened 4 divorce. wife went through hell while he was outside praying. thank God she came out alive

2 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by eleojo24: 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
gloria34:

a Baptist pastors wife was told her baby is not properly positioned. his legs were down instead of up. she had to go through a Cs. husband refused and threatened 4 divorce. wife went through hell while he was outside praying. thank God she came out alive

Seriously?

Na wa o! sad
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by wildchild02: 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
The way they want to be treated

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION... Val Promo is on
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
eleojo24:

Seriously?

Na wa o! sad
I've seen a lot of injustice done against both gender so it annoys me to hear people condemn one gender because of d wrong of one person or even a group of persons.

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by chicwoman(f): 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
This is faulty reasoning
Its like saying European people are better than Africans because of their skin colour and the world should remain like that.
Tobiloba84:
What about you coming out as a female that you are and never have to disguise as a male? That aside OP, we world is created and designed in an orderly manner and most things that wants to equate women to men if done would cause a lot of imbalance. N. B:this isnt an approval that women are less human or should be treated as such. Just know your place abd act accordingly. My 1kobo tho

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
saggis:
This may surprise most 'Akata' feminists, but most Nigerian women prefer things the way they are in Nigeria. Even educated ones. Nigerian women are the second most pampered women in the whole world. second only to Arabian women.

Most do not have to do any serious work, but has everything paid for and provided for by Nigerian men. This applies to both stinking rich Nigerians and the okada men, brick layers, bus drivers and conductors.

Ask the Alaye bus drivers and conductors in Nigeria how many of them their wife WORKS. Not very many I can assure you. The small scale biz most of them run were set up and funded by their husbands.

In the west the financial loads are shared almost equally between man and wife.
na where u dey nai u know o.
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by harry2sexy(m): 2:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wish you ladies could be men for A day, you'll faint. Think its easy praying for demon-possessed ladies?

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thegamingorca:

If hin like make him turn here to congregation.

Nothing will change
What won't change?
This is 21st century! A lot has changed and lot more will still change.

I would have typed more in my post but I just lack the strength and will today cheesy. Bros wake up cheesy
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by hot1sauce(m): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
The Op sounds like a feminist. But the op is right. As a 21st century man I do actually feel for Nigerian women, they are in all complete honesty regarded as horse sh!t but hey after all this is a sh!thole country. Oops i told the truth lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Cuteamigo1(m): 2:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
i so agree that women are not fairly treated in the world in general but the op is so biased in his assertions and am waiting for a comprehensive counter thread but here is one for you, a man was recently released from a us prison after spending about 25 years on a rape charge he dint commit because the lady came out and confessed. that speaks alot on how men are treated around the world. once they shout rape, everybody belives you did most especially if the judge and jury are mostly women

2 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Thegamingorca(m): 2:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
RuthDaniels:
What won't change?
This is 21st century! A lot has changed and lot more will still change.

I would have typed more in my post but I just lack the strength and will today cheesy. Bros wake up cheesy

Baby, this is nigeria we are talking of.

Girls will still be used as oranges by the swarming insatiable animals toasting them.

This is a world where Girls are girls problems...Instead of a slut to join her fellow girl in dealing with a bobo who is married. She will instead break that cheated girl's marriage and marry the mofo.

All because of money.

Let's face facts here. Your folk will always be dispensible down here
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
eleojo24:

Seriously?

Na wa o! sad

Actually, Cs birth is more likely to result in the baby having a weaker immune system and developing infections like asthma. So, you can't really blame the guy, though I doubt he knew of these specific consequences of the procedure
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
Heliaca:
Yeah good women are treated unfairly by men but much of it has to do with the way the men were raised. You can't expect a man who wasnt taught how to treat a woman to all of a sudden develop such traits when he becomes of age.

I could site an example where a dude Mum was woken from her sleep to go pound yam at 11pm and the mum got up to go do it, the boy protested that it was late that why should he not have something else to eat and the father gave him a hevty slap. I then asked the chap if he was going to do so to his wife, he said why not? That his own mother endured it, why shouldn't his wife do so too? That was the least of what I heard from him and his family.

That a man will treat a woman in a right way is heavily dependent on the sort of mother he had and how influential she was in the making of him to become a man. Ask most of these dudes who treat women like trash the sort of mother they had and the dynamics in their family. You will find the answers to your question.
You said it all. If we countinue lamenting without working towards a change, we will still be treated like second class from generation to generation. The change begins with us "women".

Women learn to teach your sons how to respect women. Let them understand women are also humans just like them.

I will raise a wonderful son.
A son that will walk away no matter the provocation.
A son that will not see it a big deal to help in house chores.
A son that will respect and keep his marriage vows.
A son that sees his wife as a partner not a slave.

So help me God.

4 Likes

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
hot1sauce:
The Op sounds like a feminist. But the op is right. As a 21st century man I do actually feel for Nigerian women, they are in all complete honesty regarded as horse sh!t but hey after all this is a sh!thole country. Oops i told the truth lipsrsealed

grin grin
Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
And some women themselves have the audacity to claim that they hate feminism undecided

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by groovie(m): 2:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
All these stories apply to girls who don't know their worth. I've seen ladies that know their worth and take full control of their doings, physically and spiritually. They found their usefulness to humanity and are pursuing it vigorously. These kind of ladies men respect them, and irresponsible men give them a wide berth. Sad thing is, most of the girls out there don't have a direction. Hence your write up.
It's going to continue increasing till the world ends.

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
brosci:
undecided
when i was in delta state, i had a friend who was far older than me and was married to a beautiful lady. he did everything he could for this woman, supported her finacially and even started a business for her.
unfortunately the man was dischared from the army and was no longer finacially competent. his beautiful angel decided to show her true colours; she cheated publicly with every guy she found desirable, insulted the man and even stayed away from home for days......

Wow just wow. You took one example of an unfaithful wife to invalidate what thousands of women and little girls go through.

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Baby, this is nigeria we are talking of.

Girls will still be used as oranges by the swarming insatiable animals toasting them.

This is a world where Girls are girls problems...Instead of a slut to join her fellow girl in dealing with a bobo who is married. She will instead break that cheated girl's marriage and marry the mofo.

All because of money.

Let's face facts here. Your folk will always be dispensible down here
Dont know about you honey, but when Im talking about Female gender, I mean Women and Ladies. The smart ones who knows what they want and where they are headed and not "girls". Nah nah! There is a difference between those two!

With my folks getting more oriented, educated, independent, wiser, outspoken, and knowledgeable I think you have to upgrade your mentality because we are getting there.

The point is things are no longer the way they were before, women are still being treated unfairly in some places but not as worse as before.You know it, but just don't want to admit itcheesy

1 Like

Re: How Are Women Treated In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
brosci:
undecided

I dont understand what your story has to do with the topic.

A promiscious woman is a promicuios woman. if you like offer heaven and earth. But, that doesnt change the fact that Nigerian women are not being treated well in this country.

Do you know how many women their husbands cheats on, and thay are still blamed for his behaviour? Do you know the society still expects the woman to put up with that husband and his cheating nature?

As for your friend.., He shd just be patient. Let him pray, she will change. He shd not send her out.., Let him know God hates divorce. Just let him pray and fast more, She will change. cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is A Blood Covenant / Behind Every Successful Man Is A Woman': Is it True? / She Loves Me But She's So Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.