Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) (27552 Views)

World's Most Powerful Telescope Reveals Incredible New View Of Jupiter (Pics) / SpaceX Flew Over Nigeria On Way To Space Station – Hadi Sirika (Video) / Cassowary: How The World's Most Dangerous Bird Got Its Unique Feathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by ogbiwa: 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Congratulations to Elon Musk and his team. The scriptures say in the last days, great wisdom shall fill the earth. We're seeing it's manifestion. For those decrying Africa and Nigeria's seeming backwardness, despair not. We have a crop of young African innovators bubbling beneath the surface and very soon will burst out. You'll all see it

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by RaptorX: 3:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
CaptainMarvel:

ellon musk is actually an African. South African
Keep consoling yourself, African indeed lol.
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by yinks0067: 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
kenevision:
Imagine how far these people have gone.

And a senator was sharing frying pan and gas cooker a while ago to his constituency.

Can someone empowered with frying pan be thinking about Space X.

It is finished embarassed

LMAO
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Izuogu1:
who punting epp?
Lol e don reach like this nii

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
Xinzu:
Right below this thread, you'd find a topic about a Nigerian woman who dumped her baby in the bush.

That's the level we are at in this country.

Baby’s are dumped here too.
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Millz404(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

Exactly. He is also using Ancient Egypt as an example of how great "Africa" was, forgetting that Ancient Egypt was a North African civilization that comprised of lots of different kinds of people from regions within Northern Africa and Arabia. Even if he'd argue that the earliest Egyptians were mainly blacks, still, they existed 4000-5000 years ago. That's a long period of time. What has Africa, especially south of Egypt where West Africa is located, achieved since then?

I think one of the crucial problems plaguing Africa, and one I'd argue plays a role in our backwardness, is our tendency to blame external factors for our problems. We are never the cause. It's always someone or something external. How can we solve our problems when we can't identify the roots?

Also, all these Afrocentrist ignoramuses fail to realize that the native Americans were also used as slaves and that they lost over 90% of their population when the Europeans marched into their lands. But you never see the latinos whining about it and blaming their problems on white people.

Leave black africa and their useless mentality... It explains a lot why the continent is still backward and perhaps will remain behind every other.
We currently live in a time where you don't have to go through the torture of trial and error to invent things. Think of a brilliant idea, and then google search that idea, somebody has either done or started something on it.

All most africans have to do is buy and install. Take Saudi Arabia as a case study. Buy and install and everybody wants to holiday in a country once poor and mainly made up of fishermen.

The basics we need to live is still a huge problen to attain yet some low thinking animal is blaming slavery that ended ages ago

4 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by DriveByKiller: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

The "white man" has also had his civilization in the past. The Greeks and the Romans were "white men" and at their peaks they were the dominant force, just as they currently are.

Civilizations don't exist anymore. What we have are sovereign countries. There is currently no such thing as white man civilization, neither is there currently any such thing as black man civilization. Instead of making excuses let's find solutions to our current underdevelopment. And we won't find solutions if we aren't honest about the potential roots of our problems.

I'm against sentimental history. Let's be dispassionate and honest when talking about history.

Greek and Romans were the cradle of western civilization and that era until now represents the white man’s civilization.

To your point, there’s no development without history or sense of it. what we have today is the white man’s civilization in democracy, Marriage, law, government. A few countries like Russia, Cuba, North Korea, China, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc have been able to resist some considerable aspect of western civilization to forge forward.

Honesty is acknowledging that teaching our schools in English language has created a considerable brain drain and difficulty in assimilation in our schools.

And there’s no development when we swallow the whites man kind of government and education without modeling it into our own culture.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by KrystosCJ(m): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
EM - greatest techpreneur ever
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by kenevision(m): 3:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ayatullah:

Perhaps if these "YOUR BELOVED MASTERS" had let Africa develop at her own pace without coming to disrupt our natural growth we could have beaten them to it. If what it takes to build the Pyramids in Egypt remains a mystery till-date then you should know Africa has what it takes to reach and soar beyond the stars. Stop your inferiority complex.

Like seriously? Did you sense inferiority complex in my comment.. Far from it bro.

I have no doubt in the ability of Africans to do the unimaginable, but the challenge lies with the political and economic environment we have found ourselves.

For how long are we going to blame the western world for de-colonizing us?

In 2018, a senator shares frying pan and the other one commissions electric pole in their respective constituencies and you expect me to blame the western world?

What stops these politicians from building ICT hubs and empower young minds?

Issorite!

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by PSTEMMA1960(m): 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
dhardline:
Was surprised nobody talked about this here yesterday,we were more busy with BBN. Actually streamed the launch live on their website,it was a huge moment for mankind.
when i saw 400 million miles, i was like, kuku kill me..
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Rex123(m): 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
Faxole:

Exactly. He is also using Ancient Egypt as an example of how great "Africa" was, forgetting that Ancient Egypt was a North African civilization that comprised of lots of different kinds of people from regions within Northern Africa and Arabia. Even if he'd argue that the earliest Egyptians were mainly blacks, still, they existed 4000-5000 years ago. That's a long period of time. What has Africa, especially south of Egypt where West Africa is located, achieved since then?

I think one of the crucial problems plaguing Africa, and one I'd argue plays a role in our backwardness, is our tendency to blame external factors for our problems. We are never the cause. It's always someone or something external. How can we solve our problems when we can't identify the roots?

Also, all these Afrocentrist ignoramuses fail to realize that the native Americans were also used as slaves and that they lost over 90% of their population when the Europeans marched into their lands. But you never see the latinos whining about it and blaming their problems on white people.

That part shows you don't know what you saying? Latinos are the creation of the white invaders and the inhabitants of the land, some of the African slaves brought to America also bred with the inhabitants and their masters! The Latinos is a modern creation

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_South_America
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by emmanuelpopson(m): 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Pangea:
I watched it live!
What a great day for humanity!

Made possible by a South African immigrant
Elon Musk

he has three citizenship..
USA, Canada and South Africa.... what a great feat for humanity... Tesla is going places....
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Faxole: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
Rex123:

That part shows you don't know what you saying? Latinos are the creation of the white invaders and the inhabitants of the land, some of the African slaves brought to America also bred with the inhabitants and their masters! The Indians roamed America not Latinos

I know what I'm saying. I used Latino as a cultural delineation not as a racial one. Even still, the Latinos(as a racial term) still trace their origins, and much of their genetic material, back to the natives/Indians. There are still millions of people in Southern and Northern America who hail from the direct unadulterated blood line of those killed during the Spanish conquests. In places like Peru and Bolivia, natives make up majority of the population.
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by jaxxy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Looking at the white man's continent and the African continent.

How am I supposed to believe that all men were created equal?
Or rather evolved at the same time.

Will this Musk of a guy be dreaming/achieving all of this if he has to contend with the happenings in the African continent.

One of these days, I might just auction off this continent on eBay

Elon musk is southafrican American lol
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by blessurance(m): 4:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
Beno3:
Nigerians should continue to pray and pay thithe .

is praying and tithing hinderance to development in nigeria? Do you think the whites dont pray or tithe. Do you know the number of churches and minsters on air every sunday? what should challenge us, is the way developed countries practise zero tolerance to graft, lawlessness, crime of all sorts; the financial commitment to education and research; the protection of human rights and upholding an impartial reliable electoral process among others.

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 5:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

Yes, Mr. Redpill. the earth is indeed flat. wow, you are so smart. Pic related is what you are

This is what your are

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by tealaw(m): 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
Many Nigerians should be crying that this guy exists and he's alive.
He's going to remove our means of livelihood as a nation with his electric cars and all, and we are happy for him?

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Iwillnotjump: 5:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
aiir2303:

This is what your are

you have no credibility to your name, you have no proof that the earth is either round or flat, you've never been in an airplane before not to talk of flying a spaceship. You're even worse than a sheep. The people that created flatearth theory are literally laughing their asses of, you know why? they said humans are really gullible and they can create a theory out of thin air and get and get a bunch of people that would literally swallow it up and argue about it relentlessly. They were right, i mean look at the human garbage that you have become. Again, this is you.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Tocheagle(m): 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
Why is it that anytime a foreign country achieve something , Nigerians will come here to make dumb comparisons on nairaland. Must you always belittle yourselves everytime other countries achieve something. Who says we cannot do it. Why do Nigerians look down on themselves
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

you have no credibility to your name, you have no proof that the earth is either round or flat, you've never been in an airplane before not to talk of flying a spaceship. You're even worse than a sheep. The people that created flatearth theory are literally laughing their asses of, you know why? they said humans are really gullible and they can create a theory out of thin air and get and get a bunch of people that would literally swallow it up and argue about it relentlessly. They were right, i mean look at the human garbage that you have become. Again, this is you.
Wanted to engage you with points then I realized its of no use. It's just like throwing gold to the swine

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Iwillnotjump: 5:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
aiir2303:

Wanted to engage you with points then I realized its of no use. It's just like throwing gold to the swine

lol, are you trying to act like you ever had a brain? Whatever stage you are at right now, i've been there and passed it. Welcome to the internet, newfaag.
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
This Musk guy is something else. I'm touched by his humility and sense of humour
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
kenevision:
Imagine how far these people have gone.

And a senator was sharing frying pan and gas cooker a while ago to his constituency.

Can someone empowered with frying pan be thinking about Space X.

It is finished embarassed
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
royalamour:
This is beautiful
magnificent
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

lol, are you trying to act like you ever had a brain? Whatever stage you are at right now, i've been there and passed it. Welcome to the internet, newfaag.
You've been to where exactly and sense still eludes you. You've been here barely 3 days and you behaving like a bu**oon .
Wait let me think you have a brain and respond to this proofs.
Curvature calculations (spherical geometry) proves the following elevation loss in all directions from a fixed point observer on earth with a 25,000 mile circumference

1mile = 8 inches
2. = 32
3. = 6 feet
4. = 10 feet
9. = 54
40 miles =1066 feet
90 miles = 5400
No where on your spherical ball is this demonstrable or exist as a fact

Why do high altitude balloons of govt agency like NASA and other affiliated groups show us curvature but unaffiliated people(s), high school students footages and amateur high altitude balloons show the exact opposite

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

The salt flats of Bolivia is the world's largest at10,582 square kilometers. How does that work on a ball

And also it's a known fact that the earth is composed of 71% of level water and looking at the physics of water which include
. The need to be contained
. Always finds the place with least resistance
Now tell me how does water stick to the exterior of an object (if you're smart enough you'll give me the magic answer "gravity "wink
Then I'll say if that's the case how can gravity be so strong that it forces water (the oceans included) the big building etc strapped to the earth but allows tiny insects to flap their little wings and take flight.
You might an answer like "well, yeah! "
Then I'll respond like maybe your gravity is a little bit "selective " don't you think
It doesn't happen on a ball

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 6:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

Why are there no stars and what happened to the thousand (s) of satellite orbiting earth any time they present us with a supposed picture (image) of earth

And also why is it that when you google for a supposed picture of satellite in space all you get is C.G.I

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

One more thing for a physiological, social conditioned and brainwashed sheep to think of

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by PaaRichie5(m): 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
alexistaiwo:
Looking at the white man's continent and the African continent.

How am I supposed to believe that all men were created equal?
Or rather evolved at the same time.

Will this Musk of a guy be dreaming/achieving all of this if he has to contend with the happenings in the African continent.

One of these days, I might just auction off this continent on eBay

Musk was actually born in Africa, South Africa that is. Good point though.
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
aiir2303:

Why are there no stars and what happened to the thousand (s) of satellite orbiting earth any time they present us with a supposed picture (image) of earth

And also why is it that when you google for a supposed picture of satellite in space all you get is C.G.I

Do you know how far out you have to be to get a photo of the earth using a satellite? you really think the earth is so small that you can just take a photo from any angle? wow. you guys are a lost cause. Pictures was all it took to brainwash you.
Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by aiir2303(m): 6:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
Admin401:

Do you know how far out you have to be to get a photo of the earth using a satellite? you really think the earth is so small that you can just take a photo from any angle? wow. you guys are a lost cause. Pictures was all it took to brainwash you.

Very smart you are... But from down here on earth we can see all stars we want and even take photos even of distant galaxies

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Launches Car To Space on World's Most Powerful Rocket(Photos/Video) by scobyhybrid(m): 7:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
look at a country that understand the benefit of technology. all Nigeria government are interested in is agriculture and petrol. i have seen so many news about youth inventing so many things, but the government does not see the benefit it will do the country if we push our talent minds into the right paths. it will be of great help to the country poor state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olawale John Olukunle, FUTA Researchers Develop Water HYACINTH Harvester / See Power Innovations That Can Solve The Electricity Supply Problem In Nigeria / How To Survive A Lion Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.