Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Undergraduate Writes Fayose On Agric Investment In Ekiti. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Undergraduate Writes Fayose On Agric Investment In Ekiti. (440 Views)

Floods On Agric-Ishawo Roads, Residents Cry To Lagos Government / Owoseni Ajayi, Lawyer Writes Fayose, Demands N600m In Unpaid Legal Fees / Fayose On Bike During Road Inspection In Ado-Ekiti (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Undergraduate Writes Fayose On Agric Investment In Ekiti. by Bashspeaks(m): 2:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
INVEST MORE IN AGRICULTURAL INDUSTRY AND DEVELOP TOURISM SECTOR
SEN. COMR. TOPE AKEWI WRITES EKITI STATE GOVERNMENT```

Its crystal clear that your administration (FAYOSE) has been doing all the possibilities to develop the fountain of knowledge, I appreciate your courage and persistent in delivering the people of Ekiti State through your infrastructural development, its audible to the deaf and visible to the blind, your overhead bridge in Ado Ekiti (first of its kind in Ekiti state), your modern market (undergoing construction), dualization of Ikere road and some other local Government headquarters including my own local government ( Ijero ).

Its another achievement in the educational sector as Ekiti state came first last year and this year in NECO result despite owing the teachers that taught the students up to 6-9 months salary. I am even grateful on the workers behalf for paying the February 2017 workers salary in the month of October 2017. I will also thank mr governor for the money generated from the people of Ekiti most especially the innocent students of kindergarten compelled by your administration to pay some certain amount of money every term considered by me as tax (under age taxation). All in the name of the development of the state even during the hardship time of recession.

Mr governor sir, with due respect and every sense of humility in all ramifications, permit me to say that Ekiti would have been greater if you have invested in agricultural and tourism sector. Nobody can doubt the fact that Ekiti is blessed with fertile gift of nature (Land) suitable for both annual and perennial crops. The real farmers are outside there with their manual cultivation (hoe and cutlasses) helpless and crying for help from the government, in a state like this where there is no single industry that can employ citizens of the fountain of knowledge, I think if your administration has invested more in Agriculture (encouraging the farmers through loans and orientation programs) I am very sure there would have been abundance of foods in the land rather than the Stomach infrastructure that is done with a Congo of rice and #2,500 once in a while. This is not the worth of the indigenous people of of Ekiti state, out of the abundance of food through investment in agricultural sector, which would surely lead to exportation to other parts of the country where it's needed ( e.g cocoa, yam, maize, kola nut, rice, Palm trees, e.t.c) there is no doubt that this would have boosted the economy of the state rather than this mess we are into. Mr governor, I understand this case of recession is really affecting but yet there are many ways of killing the rat without shedding blood.

Moving to the tourism sector; Your excellency sir, your administration has done little or nothing in the tourism sector that is visible to the masses, the road that leads to IKOGOSI warm spring from Aramoko is in a state of disma pisma, after the Fayemi's led administration development of the centre nothing has been done since then (I stand to be corrected) we are blessed by God with tourist attractions in Ekiti state which I believe could have boosted the economy of the state if properly managed. Some of the tourist attractions in Ekiti are listed below

i. OLOSUNTA AND OROLE HILLS OF IKERE EKITI

These two hills are located at Northern and southern parts of the town (Ikere Ekiti) respectively. These two hills are the highest in the whole of Ekiti land They are both steep a sided hills. The upper parts are always covered with fog and cloud in the morning. These two hills are good resort centres if they are developed both geographers and Tourists will enjoy visiting these sites, but its unfortunate it has been there for years with little or no development at all, don't you think this would increase the economy and the prestige of Ekiti state if developed ? Another one is

ii. ERINTA WATER FALLS The Erinta Water falls at Ipole It could be reached only through a secondary road from Ikogosi. The road leading to the fall passes through the Ikogosi Tourist Centre. Tourists feels the chilly effect of this fall about 10 metres away indicating the natural and mystery power of the Almighty Allah vested on the sacred waterfall. It has three pronounced escarpments. A research recently carried out by an Afro American indicated that the water falls could generate electricity (Hydro-electric power). This resort centre is naturally endowed with thick and evergreen forest. Mr governor we have this in Ekiti state and what has been your contributions so far towards developing and publicising this tourist centre ?

iii. ERO WATER DAM - Ero dam and lake are man-made tourist attractions in the State. This dam is located at Ikun Ekiti in Moba Local Government of the State. The lake covers some kilometers. In fact, it was initially designed to cover only five kilometres but eventually it covered eleven kilometres. This dam supplies three Local Governments drinkable water and the Local Governments that benefit from this are: Oye, Ido-Osi and Moba itself. This is to say that the dam supplies over one hundred towns and villages in the state with pipe borne water. According to experts, the dam is capable of supplying Ekiti State as a whole potable water. But its so unfortunate that despite having this dam in Ekiti there have been no tap water in my local government area for the past three months !

iv. Memorial Park - is a beautiful triangular park where the late Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi is buried. This park is at Ado Ekiti, the heart of Ekiti-land in Ekiti State. Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi was the Governor of the Old Western State who was swept off by the coup of 1966 but accorded a heroic burial for his sacrifice and patriotism. I believe this park can be developed and made an international one, in honouring our heros, we are promoting ourselves.

v. IKOGOSI WARM SPRING - The meeting point of warm and cold springs. The Haven of tourists in Nigeria. Tourists to the state would be irresistibly charmed with the beauties of Ikogosi where warm and cold water oozing from different sources flowing separately to join in a pool but each retaining its thermal identity. Mr governor, I believe IKOGOSI can still be developed and become a standard tourist centre in the country.

vi. Erin Ayonigba Fish River, Erinjiyan-Ekiti - This is a sacred river in Erinjiyan-Ekiti, with lots of sacred fish that must never be killed or eaten. It is forbidden for anyone to attempt catching the fish for consumption because there is a legend in the town – that the fish will never get done however long it is cooked on fire. There is a myth in Erinjiyan-Ekiti, that the river was actually a woman who in the olden days turned into the sacred river, with the colony of fish in the ancient river being her children. I don't see any tangible government impact on this tourist centre, we are blessed in Ekiti with this, please let's value what we have.

vii Oroke Ewo War Centre, Ilupeju-Ekiti -Legend has it that the armies of Ilorin attempted to invade Egosi kingdom in Ekiti during the 18th century, and the mysterious outcome of the war made the site of battle an historical point of reference today – in fact, a tourist attraction. According to legend, Ali was the warlord of the Ilorin people; but he met his match in Olayagba, Oloseru, and Elewere among others who led the Ekiti people. The Ekiti warlords used their magical powers to turn Ali into a stone called Odidi mode, with his big drum and camel and seat all turning into various stones that can still be seen today. These are said to have been preserved at the site of battle, and tourists can see these stone-figures by themselves if they visit Ilupeju-Ekiti.

Viii Osun River Source -The Osun River Source is located in Igede-Ekiti in Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA. The river is worshiped by the people of Osogbo in Osun state with fun fair as a goddess that cures infertility and gives children. ix. Esa Cave, Iyin-Ekiti: Located in Iyin-Ekiti in Irepodun/Ifelodun LGA, this cave is capable of containing about thirty four thousand people at a time and it is believed to have shielded the people of the town during the internecine wars in Yoruba land. This is a great site to explore the rich Yoruba/Ekiti history. To mention but few. On this note, I Sen. Comr. Ajayi Temitope Fisayo, a student of Ecotourism and Wildlife management 300L, from Federal university of Technology, Akure, hereby admonish the state government to see the present state of the state as a need to develope what God has freely given unto us (AGRICULTURE AND TOURISM) .

#Ekitigreenrevolution #ekititourismmustrise #ekitipeoplemustbehappy

*Ajayi Temitope Fisayo*
Ecotourism and wildlife management, Federal university of technology, Akure
*+2348034343403*

Re: Undergraduate Writes Fayose On Agric Investment In Ekiti. by Thegamingorca(m): 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
sad You and the senator are on your own
Re: Undergraduate Writes Fayose On Agric Investment In Ekiti. by Queentito(f): 9:11am On Feb 08, 2018
This guy has spoken so much sense, but the problem is fayose might ignore him. I hope he dont and do something sensible for the people of ekiti state
Re: Undergraduate Writes Fayose On Agric Investment In Ekiti. by DusiSamuel94: 9:51am On Feb 08, 2018
You've said it all...
Sure Ekiti is reputed as a potential tourist paradise but which has been under exploited, or better still unexploited. This in turn has been a major setback in the state economy making the economy solely dependent on FG allocation.
But I'm awfully glad to bring this good tiding; OTUNBA SEGUN ADEWALE (AEROLAND) #OSA, a man of great restoration as well as a great from philanthropist from Ipoti Ekiti has the key.
#OSA has explored places around the world and has had taste of how agricultural activities and tourist could be developed. He'll surely develop our cultural heritage and promote our tourist sites to meet international standard.
#OSA has got every prerequisite and requisite to bring us the EKITI of our dream.

I so embrace #OSA
#OSA_2018 OUR FOCUS
#OSA we want, EKITI outcry

I'm Dusi SAMUEL

(1) (Reply)

See The Shocking Items Abia Senator Empowered His Constituents With / See Evidence That I. N. E. C. Has Compromised Its Neutral Stand / PHOTOS: NNPC GMD, Baru Hosts Japanese Ambassador To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.