Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,682 members, 7,805,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

American Dressing vs African Dressing - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / American Dressing vs African Dressing (6931 Views)

About Female Dressing: Lessons From The Hijab / Dressing Tips For Overweight Women / What Exactly is Indecent Dressing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Dressing vs African Dressing by IdibiaLuv(f): 7:21am On Dec 27, 2005
Don't you think that Americans get out of control with what they wear.Nigerians are starting to do the same. crythats sad
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by eveseh(f): 4:13pm On May 08, 2006
the both are cool
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by lauryn(f): 5:24pm On May 10, 2006
There's absolutely nothin wrong with it
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by nemesisrev: 7:09pm On May 11, 2006
[/quote][quote author=Idibia*Luv link=topic=4335.msg142586#msg142586 date=1135664487]
Don't you think that Americans get out of control with what they wear.Nigerians are starting to do the same. crythats sad

Hello

Its kind of broad topic , can you tell what exactly u feel is wrong in some american Fashion? or what like you say is out of control? Basically where are you coming from?

I like african fashion by the way smiley
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by omogenaija(f): 2:26am On May 29, 2006
what kind of american fashions are you talking about ??

u got the hoodrat look , the rock head look, the grown up look, the rich girl look and so many other looks in america.
so which american fashion r u talking about ?
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by Oracle(m): 2:40am On May 29, 2006
I prefer american dressing but there's nothing as good as going back to your roots where you belong

Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by funty(f): 8:27am On Jun 13, 2006
i like the american dressing and it's true that some african are copying the dressing and the sad thing about it is it dosent fit many of the them but i dont see anything wrong with the american dressing though.
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by Mystique(f): 12:22pm On Jul 03, 2006
I'm African and proud, but you can't dress African all the time

Like i wear natives mostly to weddings, and on sundays (to church)
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by SvS(f): 12:29pm On Jul 03, 2006
i dunno wha american dressing,i just wear sumfin am comfortable in and tha makes me feel gud undecided
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by Cleofel(f): 4:55am On Aug 24, 2006
i am african and proud to be so i sometimes wear african dresses and people always tell me that i look nice but to be sincere i don't feel comfortable in them so i prefer what we call "american dressing" even though it's not tipically american
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by soulpatrol(f): 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2006
have you noticed that university girls in naija always dress like the video hos in american (rap) music videos? always looking trashy and showing too much skin. what i hate the most is those fat girls with k-leg (no offence fatty bom boms and k-leggers grin) trying to squeeze themslves in flimys outfits with everything spilling out. ughhhhhhhh lipsrsealed
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by Cleofel(f): 10:59pm On Aug 24, 2006
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lol
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by iberi(f): 7:07pm On Aug 25, 2006
Afican or American dressing? What's the point. Put on anything that looks good on you. With the merging of cultures these days; I could use ankara to sew a designer wear as far as it is comfortable. smiley
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by jerseygurl(f): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2007
i like both, especially guys in african shirts,jeans and african slippers, dey look so sexy in those outfits, wink
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by Young15(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2007
i don't like tha african trends it lacks variation anyways i'm working on something atm getting a pattent for ankara/ lace back pockets on jeans, with ankara or lace selvadge vicous joints !!!!!
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by creamdream: 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2007
may you walk,
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by sammyjl(f): 11:30am On Oct 04, 2007
grin Please American dressing all the way.
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by EFOSAVAL(f): 11:17am On May 12, 2008
darrrrr? shocked
i thought u would ask me
which man i should marry?
my dad or my brother grin

for Gods sake it deppends on the
occation ,i dont expect u to wear a
suit to ur traditional wedding
or an iro and buba to a cork-tail party undecided

the truth is u need the two kinds
as for them dressing out of hand
i think its a individual thing,as long as u are
confortable with what u are wearing them
u are good to go.just make sure u are not neked
because people will chup u grin grin grin grin with bad mouth
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by abujabooks(f): 1:09pm On May 21, 2008
African dressing.
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by adetunrayo(f): 10:47am On May 23, 2008
American style,Monday to Friday
African,saturdays and sundays
Re: American Dressing vs African Dressing by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
The crux of the matter is that both dresses are great. Period!

Nevertheless, it depends on the situation. American dresses are mean't for corporate events – well, its not meant to be, but we can't deny the factt! That is what we have in this part of the world.

African dresses are great for informal events – I mean, perfectly classy.

It's bit worrisome that we hardly value what we have.

In the real sense of it, many Americans envy African designs, hence you see top American models in various Ankara prints.

Yea, call it cultural appropriation, but I tend to see it in a positive light.

(1) (Reply)

/ Zanotti Balenciaga Patrick Moor Givenchy Christian Lobotinny Adidaas Check In!!! / 100 Latest Senator Styles | Unique And Stunning Senator Wear Designs For Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.