Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,459 members, 7,781,319 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:25 PM

Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement (29965 Views)

IBB’s Statement: Kassim Afegbua Replies Police "You Know My Address" / IGP Orders Kassim Afegbua's Arrest Over Anti Buhari Statement On Behalf Of IBB / IBB’s Statement: PDP Reacts To Advice To Vote President Buhari Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by sharpden: 5:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
BARELY three days after declaring him wanted, the Nigeria Police has apologized to Kassim Afegbua, the spokesman of former military president, Ibrahim Babangida.

Afegbua was on Monday officially declared wanted.

The police through its Force Public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, said he was wanted for wanted for for giving false statement.

On Wednesday Afegbua stormed the Force Headquarters with his lawyer, Kayode Ajulo.

Shortly after his release, Afegbua addressing journalists said, “Incidentally, it became a very fair discussion; the Police said there was a mix up somewhere, to have warranted me been declared wanted and they apologized.

“They said the Police are for the people, in a democracy, it is their responsibility to be there for the people, not to intimidate, not to harass me.

“That they didn’t intend to harass me, they didn’t intend to intimidate me, of course, you know we have a case in court, my lawyers will advise what steps we are going to take.”

Afegbua noted that he has excluded media houses he included in the litigation he filed against the hierarchy of the Police.

He had filed a suit before the Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday asking for N1bn as damages.

Those joined as respondents to the suit are the Nigeria Police Force, the IGP, the Force Public Relations Officer, Mr. Moshood Jimoh, the Nigerian Television Authority and the Channels Televisions Limited.

“I have withdrawn Channels and NTA as respondents to the suit this morning,” he said, maintaining that Idris and Jimoh are the remaining respondents.

https://www.headlineng.com/police-apologized-afegbua/

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by osazeeblue01: 5:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by chimerase2: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
undecided
Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by sharpden: 5:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
Just like the police, the government acts before thinking.

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by sarrki(m): 5:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Police and all the security agencies should not meddle in politics

They are for all Nigerians

Its tax payers money we use in paying them

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Penalty82(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
sarrki:
Police and all the security agencies should not meddle in politics

They are for all Nigerians

Its tax payers money we use in paying them

If the police don't do this, how will your oga kpatakpata win 2nd term?

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Femolacaster(m): 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
That useless IGP is a big disgrace to this country.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by nairavsdollars(f): 5:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
Apology or not, pls continue with the court case

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by dlondonbadboy: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
Them dey crase before!!

11 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by SalamRushdie: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
See what the Buhari govt has turned our police into abeg ..

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Nobody: 6:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
the same way bubu and APC we apologized to Nigeria's!

when the time comes

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by sharpden: 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Fayose was right!

Police Now An Organ Of APC – Fayose

https://www.headlineng.com/police-now-organ-apc-fayose/

39 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by dodelight(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari and his ineffectual minions failing left, right, front, back and centre.
Nigerians are defeating him already.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by dodelight(m): 6:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
We must keep up this unified castigation of this failed government till our fatherland is rescued from the Daura lord.
"The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain."

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by tuniski: 6:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
More Heat needed on this useless govt and its agents.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by prinsam30: 7:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
the worst IGP in the entire hemisphere

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Throwback: 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
I never understood why he previously included ChannelsTV and NTA as fellow respondents to his suit?

Is it a crime for a news station to report what the police force disclosed that Mr So So So is wanted by the police force? Or is he saying they shouldn't have reported what was factual news coming from the police HQ that they are declaring a certain man wanted? Or did the police ever deny that they declared him wanted as reported by those news stations?

His lawyer has suddenly grown some common sense and rightly revised the respondents to the suit as only the Police IG and the Force PRO.

3 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
This is the first time since 1999 that the police and IGP will meddle with politics, former IGP's are not really known, we just hear their name when appointed.

That said i dont think this Buhari-apc-police will stoop soo low to apologise to him cos to them they are the law and above the law, the minions just called him to pacify and laugh it off.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by ekems2017(f): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ha ha ha shoe get size.

9 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Power bows to Power.

9 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Neminc: 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Shithole police grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by kinibigdeal(m): 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
prinsam30:
the worst IGP in the entire hemisphere

The IGP is not the problem but the head. You can't act against your boss or you get fired and set up. The IGP actions is the body language of the president

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Bayajidda1: 7:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by deepwater(f): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
Who is the IG
we don't know him here in Hanoi Vietnam

5 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by miqos02(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
Good
Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by magoo10(m): 7:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
The height of foolishness coming from the police.
Hope it is now clear to apc propagandists that IBB endorsed the first statement released by afegbua

6 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Uncleodi(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
End of an era

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Kobicove(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
I hope the legal suit against the police will still proceed

9 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
It is noted.

2 Likes

Re: Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement by ajepako(f): 7:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
Chai....

When iron meets iron... .

One must bend for the other...

Get my drift...

IBB 1- NPF 0
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Addressed As ‘his Excellency, President Of Biafra’ In Kuje Prison / Biafra: Nigerian Students Clash In India (Photo) / Happening Now: Emergency National Security Council Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.