Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa (33770 Views)

Woman And Her Pastor Lover To Die By Hanging For Killing Husband (Photos) / Udeme Otike-Odibi Tore Wedding Pictures Before Killing Husband / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by 360frolic(m): 11:19am On Feb 08, 2018
The Bayelsa State High Court preceded over by Justice Nayai Aganaba has sentenced 30-year-old Victoria Gagariga to death by hanging for killing her husband, Henry Gagariga on the 4th of February, 2015, in their Bayelsa home.

In Delivering the case is said to have lingered for 3 years after the death of the deceased, the judge said the prosecution called six witnesses and produced seven exhibits while the defence only had one witness who happened to be the accused.

Going through the records of cross-examination of the witnesses, Justice Aganaba noted that all evidences provided by the prosecution team showed that the suspect was guilty as charged and other facts also confirmed that she was the only person with the deceased as at the time of his death and so she was the one that killed him.

The accused who hails from Brass Local Government Area and is said to be an employee of the Bayelsa Arts and Culture reportedly stabbed her husband on the neck during an argument.

According to the judge, Victoria killed her husband out of jealousy and obsession.

He said;

It is unfortunate that I can only pronounce the sentence prescribed by law. I wish I had the discretion to do otherwise. However, that discretion rests with the executive governor of Bayelsa State. I am only left with the compulsion to pronounce the sentence prescribed by law. I hope that person the discretion would look at the circumstance of this case and do the needful. I hereby pronounce my sentence. My sentence upon you is that you shall hang on the neck until you die. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/02/photo-30-years-old-husband-killer.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by cheeeoma(f): 11:23am On Feb 08, 2018
So bad. If u can't take some things from ur partner just walk away.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2018
I always pray that my anger and dick should not be the ones controlling me... So far so good, the good Lord has been helping me.

Sorry madam, you have to join your husband in the great beyond.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by squarelead(m): 11:41am On Feb 08, 2018
Heya, being hot tempered is very bad. It destroys a lot before you know it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Cherrycandy: 11:46am On Feb 08, 2018
Anger is very bad and that's the reason most people can't keep up with relationships....

Anger, pride and jealousy has destroyed so many homes and relationships

26 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Perfecttouch(m): 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2018
Not being able to control your temper is the fastest way to your downfall ANGER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
cheeeoma:
I wonder! Like say the marriage na force.
Come to think of it, we should remove that clause "till death do us part". It has become a trap for a lot of abuse.

16 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by bobokeshington: 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
Serves her Right

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by allenuzoma(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
About 5 years ago it was all rosy and love was shacking both of dem,he proposed on one knee, she said yes, they even said 'I do' to the applause of friends and family in Church.
Now it's all past tense.
What a sad end,Terrible deaths to both of them.
Rest in Peace in Advance, Madam.
Time to meet ur maker n ur lover.

5 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Osanebi007(m): 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Women.... Nothing we no dey see from una undecided

9 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by daiksworld: 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Anger is a bitch!!!
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by lordrah2020: 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
too baad but she deserve a second chance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by DrRasheed: 2:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Maryam Sanda Will Be Indisposed

3 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Stallion93(m): 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cherrycandy:
Anger is very bad and that's the reason most people can't keep up with relationships....

Anger, pride and jealousy has destroyed so many homes and relationships
This right here is very true!

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by letusbepieces: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
she must not be killed.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by passyhansome(m): 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2018
According to the judge, Victoria killed her husband out of jealousy and obsession.

Sorry for Her
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by RogueX: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
We are becoming an endangered species

Say no to domestic violence

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by freemanbubble: 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
ok
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by BlackAdam55(m): 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
U See y anger is not good wat will she gain now? may d lord have mercy upon her soul cry

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nizguy(m): 2:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
Now her own death come worst pass cos she will be seeing herself dying gradually

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by JULIE1925(f): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
cool

If that's the final verdict, so be it & i hope those criminals who killed innocent ppol & raped innocent girls will be hanged as well...

Criminals has NO place in this world...

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by KrystosCJ(m): 2:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Most spouses these days just tolerate themselves rather than accommodate their flaws.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by sunsewa16: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
I pity the children and families that will bear the brunt of her mistake,assuming she has children, sometimes I wonder how women get paranoid to the extent of killing their partner, if u can,nt bear it,u bolt out.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Mehn I try to steer clear of people who can't control their anger and have a habit of having reactionary outbursts

Whatever the cause/her reason, this wasn't the answer

RIP

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by cosmatika(m): 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
The man behind her must be her father. He'll be like "I always told you this ur anger will land u into trouble, now u see ur life?" It's painful though, but Justice is nva sweet
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by ridbell01(m): 2:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
cheeeoma:
guy God will bless you,family and your childrens children coz you said my mind why domestic violence when you can work away?
Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Engrr(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
lordrah2020:
too baad but she deserve a second chance

A second chance to murder another husband

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
GOOD JUDGMENT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by GavelSlam: 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hoping the sentence would be commuted.

We cannot truly say she's a menace to society but her anger, just as that of many Nigerians, needs checking.

2 Likes

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by chinedu234(m): 2:33pm On Feb 08, 2018
If justice has been done,let it be served.

1 Like

Re: Victoria Gagariga Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Killing Husband In Bayelsa by GreenArrow1(m): 2:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
Exactly why I wanna breakup with my gf. Obsession and love can often be confused for the same thing. The day she came to my place of work (a construction site) to monitor me was when the first sign showed. My client pointed it to me and said to her, ”this isn't how to follow a man," but the dopamine levels in my brain didn't allow me to see it. Now that it's clear, to break up sef, na style I dey use. This is true for men also. It isn't gender based.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Halima Umar: Corper Kidnapped On Her Way To Maiduguri / Airport Official Arrested Over Attempt To Smuggle Suspected Drug Onboard Ibom Ai / "Why I Stabbed My Husband To Death" - Teacher Reveals In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.