Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,728 members, 7,802,190 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) (6665 Views)

Report Dangerous Vehicles and Dangerous Driving With Whistle App / Vehicles Stuck In Giant Pothole Full Of Water In Agege Pencinema (Video) / Family Cheats Death After Their Car Fell Into A Ditch While Dodging Pothole.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Explorers(m): 6:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
The 3ft pothole could be the worst in the capital and has been there for a week.

A huge crater in a busy road has been branded the worst pothole in the capital after a desperate local wedged a bin in it to warn drivers about the hazard.

The 3ft hole was seen outside Deptford Green Secondary School in New Cross, south east London, several days ago, but has still not been fixed.

The council appear to be aware of the hole because it has now been surrounded by bollards.

One fuming local resident said: 'The hole is about a foot-and-a-half wide and looks like it's a couple of feet deep.

https://stories.swns.com/news/giant-pothole-big-enough-swallow-bin-94265/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C1182680159

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5363685/Crater-road-big-one-passer-stuffed-BIN-it.html?mrn_rm=als1
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Explorers(m): 6:22pm On Feb 08, 2018
'It's got temporary barriers around it now but the bin is still there.

It looks like they're going to fix it, but they still haven't.'

Catherine Jones, who spotted the bizarre bodge job on Friday, said: 'It's been there a while, but I couldn't say how long exactly.'

There's been previous work done on the lights crossing recently because of another hole, but I noticed this because the bin was obviously in the road.

One local was so concerned about the giant pothole they wedged a large blue bin in the 3ft deep crater.

1 Like

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by madridguy(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
Where is the pothole not to talk of dangerous pothole kiss kiss kiss Make una come Nigeria come see pothole that will swallow trailer tongue
Oyinbo and prevention measures shocked I need visa I swear.

30 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by hoodedjaystrim(m): 6:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Mr BMC Help Us Tell Bubu To Tell Min Of Trans That We Are Complaining Abt The One In Abaranje

1 Like

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by kelvinhilton(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
At least they covered it with a bin, they are even complaining cheesy.. come to Africa, Nigeria to be precise, you will find a pot hole as big as a swimming pool.

19 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by TITOBIGZ(m): 6:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
What are my doing here sef ?
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by brownsugar23: 6:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Tallesty1(m): 6:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
These people don't know the meaning of pothole.

18 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by grimandevil: 6:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
Tallesty1:
These people don't know the meaning of pothole.

I swear, that made me laugh

8 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Nonso92(m): 6:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
Who left VLC media player there?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Explorers(m): 6:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
madridguy:
Where is the pothole not to talk of dangerous pothole kiss kiss kiss Make una come Nigeria come see pothole that will swallow trailer tongue
Oyinbo and prevention measures shocked I need visa I swear.

Thank God say una understand d thread, i laff dis pple as i c am.

A truck can even roll out of this hole if a car can't.

Potholes on Federal highways in some countries are pits, big enough to swallow a car.

8 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by obiZEAL(m): 7:07pm On Feb 08, 2018
Lol...I just dey laff dem

9 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Afoochekk1914(m): 7:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nigeria government will be like, how many people have died on the spot? Are they up to 200? If not, continue using it.

7 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by dhantey324(m): 7:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
Complain about this here and the Minister of works will be like undecided
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by madridguy(m): 7:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
Infact Oyinbo land is heaven compare to what we are having here tongue

Explorers:

Thank God say una understand d thread, i laff dis pple as i c am.

A truck can even roll out of this hole if a car can't.

Potholes on Federal highways in some countries are pits, big enough to swallow a car.

1 Like

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Evablizin(f): 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
grin

The title should be "Fine and neat pothole with designs that residents are complaining about", is better.cheesycheesy

13 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Holywizard: 7:50pm On Feb 08, 2018
Lol. Una dey craze ooo.
U mean a dot on the road?
To we Nigerians that's just a dirt on the road.
Nawao

4 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 08, 2018
Hole abi scratch. Come Nigeria make una come see well.

1 Like

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
Sadiq Khan, the terrorist mayor, has no time for that but for his hidden terrorists to carry out their evil agenda.
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 08, 2018
Lol.. This guys are funny.. Come to My beloved country Nigeria and see a hole big enough to eat up a duplex

2 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by MissSlimbody(f): 8:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
Is that one pothole? undecided Well pots have different sizes sha grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by tuoyoojo(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
is dat one pot hole
can it swallow iya ramatu's cooking pot
all I see is "speed breaker "
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by tuoyoojo(m): 9:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
for those people wen think say London na heaven come and see o

1 Like

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Horlubunmmy: 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2018
Biko were is the pothole

This is the size of our pit toilet here! !!!!

naija don sufer, if the white can call these potholes.

5 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by ogbiwa: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
We will get there. I believe it. I'm not discouraged.
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by loomer: 10:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
Them no dey pay road tax?

1 Like

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by GavelSlam: 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
Poor Africans that produce nothing for export, import everything from rice to common socks, would want to compare their environment and economy with that of industrialised nations.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Emerikoss: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Where's the pothole? Is that one pothole?

5 Likes

Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by eTECTIVe(m): 9:51am On Feb 09, 2018
Dat one na speed bumps for us here na... And dey even cordoned it off sef
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by Treasure17(m): 9:53am On Feb 09, 2018
Lol. Is this pothole. Come to Nigeria and see the practical definition of pothole .
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by symbianDON(m): 9:59am On Feb 09, 2018
this is thoroughly embarrassing to Nigerian potholes grin if that is a pothole then the ones here can easily be called craters.
Re: Residents Are Complaining About This Huge And Dangerous Pothole In London(Photo) by owensking(m): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Abeg make them just give me the job make I fix for even £200....na to supply two wheel barrow of sand with one bag of cement inside that yeye pothole....them never see pothole wey dey swallow trailer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traveling To Egypt - Don't Pay Any Agent. / Directions To Eko Hotel And Suites From Ikorodu / With 2 Million Naira Where Can I Comfortably Migrate To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.