Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Buhari Backs State, Community Police - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Backs State, Community Police (18766 Views)

We Will Not Collapse Amotekun Into Community Police ― Akeredolu tells IG (Video) / Buhari Backs Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs / South-East Governors Agree To Establish Regional Community Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by doyinbaby(f): 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Reelection strategy. Only the gullible ones like Asiwaju will believe this
I will never believe buhari till I see state police executed...,even constitutional back....buhari is too fraudulent to be trusted

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by ManirBK: 10:12pm On Feb 08, 2018
Good one..
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by ZombiePUNISHER: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
free2ryhme:

Nigeria is not ripe for state policing

They will become tool for politicians to harass opponents

With state police in benue
The Fulani herdsmen will be shaking in their boots

State police is the way to go
Biafra land needs a police force

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by kenevision(m): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2018
Sounds more like a re-election strategy...

our_mumu_don_do

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
Election wayo!! You didn't back state policing 3 years ago when stakeholders were chanting it like song. It's when election and happenings in Benue and other states became too hot for you to handle, then you remember something called state policing.
Wawu!! This man na real Baba-go-slow.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by docadams: 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
NaijaMutant:

Long Post

No sense

I am not responsible for your poor mental development.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by tiwiex(m): 10:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
free2ryhme:

Shattered are they right now? The state governor is the security officer of his state.if e like, make e kept them for government house. Nah I'm people go suffer.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Okoroawusa: 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
Nice work Mr President

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Johnnyessence(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go
The man in the eyes of the storm. He is for nobody but for everybody, indeed.

Hate or like him. Only PMB can bring about any serious constitutional changes. He may be slow ,justifiably so but when he is good to go even a thousand OBJ can't stand up to look him in the eyes to say NO Mr President, you can't do this.

Even in the famed 1st republic there was no state police(correct me if I am wrong). From then to the present, there has been this persistent call for state police. Never was there anytime a President acknowledge the need for a state police talk less of actively clamouring for one. Even the ineffectual boastful empty vessel OBJ, couldn't even summon the courage to whisper it to his own ears for fear of his lords. Not even the NASS could muster the courage to debate it when it was tabled last year.in the HOR

At last Uhuru is close. The pieces of restructuring gradually falling in their rightful places.. It is unfortunate we had to go through thiis painful and regrettable incidence to have a chance at having a state police .God bless our President.

But first, Mr President, the menace must be stopped in its track. We can't afford to loose more lives. Also sir, keep a close eye on that snake in green grass, Saraki. He is up to no good. And for those profiteering in one way or the other by posting fake stories online, be assured that your portion lies in HADES.
another epistles of rubbish. Nigerian have been clamoring for state police since 2016 under this government. besides why he isn't talking about restructuring? he can only talk and not take actions. pmb is a failure and a deceiver. Nigerians shouldn't take him seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by BeardedMeat(m): 10:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go

Hate or like him. Only PMB can bring about any serious constitutional changes. He may be slow ,justifiably so but when he is good to go even a thousand OBJ can't stand up to look him in the eyes to say NO Mr President, you can't do this.

Even in the famed 1st republic there was no state police(correct me if I am wrong). From then to the present, there has been this persistent call for state police. Never was there anytime a President acknowledge the need for a state police talk less of actively clamouring for one. Even the ineffectual boastful empty vessel OBJ, couldn't even summon the courage to whisper it to his own ears for fear of his lords. Not even the NASS could muster the courage to debate it when it was tabled last year.in the HOR

At last Uhuru is close. The pieces of restructuring gradually falling in their rightful places.. It is unfortunate we had to go through thiis painful and regrettable incidence to have a chance at having a state police .God bless our President.

But first, Mr President, the menace must be stopped in its track. We can't afford to loose more lives. Also sir, keep a close eye on that snake in green grass, Saraki. He is up to no good. And for those profiteering in one way or the other by posting fake stories online, be assured that your portion lies in HADES.
You can insult Obj all you like, he remains the Navigator in chief of APC and Buhari by extension!
Buhari El Dullardeen needed that shove from Obj to reset his dead brain.

Watch out, he will finally be forced to visit Benue.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by BeardedMeat(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2018
Aspiregreat:
.“ Four years are not enough to show what the President can offer . We believe that another four years will bring out the best in him . The first four years are a very difficult period , and we believe that as things are stabilising , he will take Nigeria to the next level.
If only he was not a dying man.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by HomeOfMe(f): 10:23pm On Feb 08, 2018
Blue3k2:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/buhari-backs-state-community-police/

Front Page: lalasticlala
Use everything in your arsenal. 2019 things..
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by nextstep(m): 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
State police in the Nigerian context will merely make our Governors much more powerful and oppressive to anybody that challenges them.
The nice thing about one national police is that since everybody - from commissioners all the way down to corporal - can be reposted, you don't get clannish loyalties that can get in the way of justice.

We don't need more security forces - we need to address the reasons for the clashes. Some people allege there's something sinister - that the clashes are being sponsored by some of our elites. I fail to see how a state police would suddenly solve that problem.

As for job creation... of what use is job creation when you don't get paid? Already our police forces are under equipped and underpaid. Now we're planning to have yet another drain on the state's coffers when they can't even pay salaries of existing staff. All I see is yet another branch of the security forces putting up roadblocks and demanding bribes, in addition to fights over territory and jurisdiction. The money spent on creating another force should be used instead to strengthen the existing ones.

Please, this requires a rethink, but as usual PMB has preferred yet another half-baked idea.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by FreemanDeBoss: 10:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
Better still fortify everyone with arms..... cool

NiceOne kudos to bukola... undecided

Buh till when..

Just saying doh undecided
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Hotzone(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
Buhari's brain is obsolete!
How can u support state police when states can hardly pay teachers talk more of maintaining security which is viewed as service for the rich?
Buhari, Buhari, Buhari, evacuate that seat for digital generation to take over!!!!
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by HomeOfMe(f): 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
Blue3k2:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/buhari-backs-state-community-police/

Front Page: lalasticlala
The next one will be Presodent buhari throws his weight behind restructuring; which every aspirant should make their major campagn for 2019- RESTRUCTURING!
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Jflex07(m): 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go

Trash as usual from an irredeemable bmc zombie..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Johnnyessence(m): 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
nextstep:
State police in the Nigerian context will merely make our Governors much more powerful and oppressive to anybody that challenges them.
The nice thing about one national police is that since everybody - from commissioners all the way down to corporal - can be reposted, you don't get clannish loyalties that can get in the way of justice.

We don't need more security forces - we need to address the reasons for the clashes. Some people allege there's something sinister - that the clashes are being sponsored by some of our elites. I fail to see how a state police would suddenly solve that problem.

As for job creation... of what use is job creation when you don't get paid? Already our police forces are under equipped and underpaid. Now we're planning to have yet another drain on the state's coffers when they can't even pay salaries of existing staff. All I see is yet another branch of the security forces putting up roadblocks and demanding bribes, in addition to fights over territory and jurisdiction. The money spent on creating another force should be used instead to strengthen the existing ones.

Please, this requires a rethink, but as usual PMB has preferred yet another half-baked idea.
i didn't agree with your view here. read PA olu falae on restructuring report. state policing is part of it. it's just that the clueless will want to involve politics in it in which the masses won't allow them to be used by politicians.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Awoofawo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
What we real need to contain the insecurity challenge is active 2 years military training for all between 20 and 40 years old

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by docadams: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
Johnnyessence:
another epistles of rubbish. Nigerian have been clamoring for state police since 2016 under this government. besides why he isn't talking about restructuring? he can only talk and not take actions. pmb is a failure and a deceiver. Nigerians shouldn't take him seriously.

Kindly provide your proof of such clamouring since 2016 or forever remain silent

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by DriveByKiller: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:

Beware of FFK Syndrome. Hate can give you cardiac problems.
Dundee answer his question : what do you mean only Buhari can bring about constitutional change?

Do you know how bills are passed or sponsored into law? Or you’re just a cyber nuisance?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Blue3k2: 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:

Kindly provide your proof of such clamouring since 2016 or forever remain silent

Here I'll help you out. I think Jonathan did mention state police in confab.

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by docadams: 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
DriveByKiller:
Dundee answer his question : what do you mean only Buhari can bring about constitutional change?

Do you know bills are passed or sponsored into law? Or you’re just a cyber nuisance?

Bills are passed, agree. But they must originate from somewhere before they can be debated. Hope you have something upstairs to realise that executive bills have added weight to sail through faster than most.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by docadams: 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
Blue3k2:

Here I'll help you out. I think Jonathan did mention state police in confab.

Blue3k don't take a bullet for another person. I know why I posed the question to the mofo that qouted me.
Your source is questionable. I am beginning to suspect you because the HOR didn't even put the issue to debate during their charade of constitunal reform.

https://leadership.ng/2017/07/22/wont-consider-state-police-bill-reps/.

You think GEJ mentioned state police in his confab or the confab considered state police in its report. OK. Whichever. But where is the confab report now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by bigpicture001: 11:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
Blue3k2:
I cut the full speech btw. I do agree with this proposal of decentralized police. It's for the best considering it would spread cost among different tiers of government. Then it can gives ability for police to specialize. Assuming the legislature amends constitution the federal police can operate more like FBI if it wanted to.

The border needs to be secured like the vice president said. I don't think slot of these foreign herdsmen even come through authorized check points. The Naval lake chad base will be helpful.
...nigeria is not a country of the same ppl..hence a lot of ethnicity as evidence in nairaland comments section..if it goes ahed,it will breed victimisation. toward non indegenes of a state..he should focus more on things that will unite d country instead of separating her people...
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by DriveByKiller: 11:27pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:

Bills are passed, agree. But they must originate from somewhere before they can be debated. Hope you have something upstairs to realise that executive bills have added weight to sail through faster than most.
how can only Buhari effect constitutional change, dummy? That’s the question.

Since 1999 to date this is the only era where the opposition has a considerable number on both houses of assembly.

Stop deflecting with your dumb explanation of executive sponsored bill and answer the darn question.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Dicksonpal: 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
docadams:
Hmmmmmmm

Way to go

u r confused

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Buhari is being advised to agree on every comments made by electorates but not to act till 2019 election is over, then send in their Fulani herdsmen to continue their terrorists operations in where they have not yet invaded.

Or probably, Buhari's cabals are trying to equip for their safety for 2019 election campaigns purposes.

I can't be deceived by APC and Buhari's tactics to get my PVC.

Why not agreed on Electra restructuring by National Assembly, that is on going to change election timetable?
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 09, 2018
free2ryhme:

Just as president from the north giving all the top security apparatus to only the northern region to use to suppressing other regions.

We used to had police stations inside our various villages been managed by LGAs chairmen to protecting host communities/villagers. Who took that away in the first place?
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by slimfit1(m): 12:13am On Feb 09, 2018
Ok just to remind you again that some governors have not paid 11 month salaries so know what you are talking about.
Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by discusant: 12:46am On Feb 09, 2018
Not only state police, there must return True and Fiscal federalism, if nit, Nigeria is doomed.

But Op, are you sure it's Buhari who authorized the speech asking for state and community police? Doubts. Fulani depends on the south to survive. State police amounts to gradually abandoning the stupid over centralized Abuja govt that makes only the politicians steal the country's resources at will.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Backs State, Community Police by AreaFada2: 1:19am On Feb 09, 2018
Omeokachie:
Election gimmick.

You can only deceive some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all the time.

Lol. I'd have believed this as part of his presidential inaugural speech. But with election so close, Atiku having repeatedly openly voiced support for state police, I cannot take Bubu seriously on this.
He has also seen a rise in SW people asking for state police. He knows he has to pacify SW to win 2019 election. After winning he will change his tune. Even if he wanted to, Mamman Daura and cabal won't allow it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa Election: APC Defeats PDP In Ogbia, Jonathan’s Local Government / Ajimobi Orders Arrest, Prosecution Of Any Herdsmen Found With A Gun / Buhari: I Don’t Expect Appreciation From Nigerians After Leaving Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.