Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,233 members, 7,780,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:29 PM

My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" (5189 Views)

Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by OkCornel(m): 3:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
All these ten percenters wey no sabi differentiate Judaism from Christianity don come again ooo

I have asked these ten percenters to show me where Jesus collected tithes and first fruits from people....

E be like say some people sabi pass Jesus wey dem dey follow sha...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by Emmanystone: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2018
Dwayndlight:
Wait

No matter how educated you are, you must always be analytical and also think rationally when handling real life situation no matter your religion, background, ethic or what have you

Else you’re still very ignorant and your brain is blocked

Of course if we don’t give John benefit of a doubt and think maybe he has another reason Peculiar to him we will be wrong. I’m not speaking for the brainwashed thousands.

As I was typing and using my J just hrd where’s ashafa or we will start shooting, I tot who are these noisemakers but on twicking my head a little to the right I saw Aks and men in Black, FSARS.

I had to make it on a bus before completing this.
Your lies dey smell from there to here. This John, who has two side hustles,and that was not his first month at the job is so broke to call you a broke ass Naijabet player for money? Chai hahahahahahahahaha.

Jhon no get savings Okwaya? Him wife no dey work abi? Abeg sharap dia.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by Emmanystone: 4:34pm On Feb 12, 2018
Dwayndlight:
Wait

No matter how educated you are, you must always be analytical and also think rationally when handling real life situation no matter your religion, background, ethic or what have you

Else you’re still very ignorant and your brain is blocked

Of course if we don’t give John benefit of a doubt and think maybe he has another reason Peculiar to him we will be wrong. I’m not speaking for the brainwashed thousands.

As I was typing and using my J just hrd where’s ashafa or we will start shooting, I tot who are these noisemakers but on twicking my head a little to the right I saw Aks and men in Black, FSARS.

I had to make it on a bus before completing this.
Your lies dey smell from there to here. This John, who has two side hustles,and that was not his first month at the job is so broke to call you a broke ass Naijabet player for money? Chai hahahahahahahahaha.

John no get savings Okwaya? Him wife no dey work abi? Abeg sharap dia.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
petra1:

The reference I gave just explained a principle to answer the question I was asked . If money was used for first fruit . Yes ! Is firstborn not a first fruit? Was money paid ? Yes !

People gave to God in Agro produce because they were farmers . And they still have option of redeeming it by cash . Money has alsways been used for offerings and tithes . But primarily they gave Agro produce . Anything can be given to God . If it can be used in the sevhce of God but what God can’t used can be replaced by cash . It’s not every crop that God accept and not very animal that God accepted . Cash was used in place of the unclean animals . Just like the human first born

most of them would turn a blind eye to your explanations regardless of references you give... I really admire your patience with their kind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
superhumanist:

Keep making a clown of yourself. See how you are dodging like a scammer.

Oga, there is no where in the Bible that first fruit is money. That is a fact.
but there is. You should go back and study the bible instead of making bigoted conclusions to very simple and clear doctrines.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 11:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
sonofthunder:

but there is. You should go back and study the bible instead of making bigoted conclusions to very simple and clear doctrines.

Prove it now.

It seems you like lies
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 12:11am On Feb 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Prove it now.

It seems you like lies
what lies are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by petra1(m): 4:43am On Feb 13, 2018
simplex2:

While at school , after the BLW Pastor had charged them (students oo) to sow their school fees; few days to exam, you see them sneaking in on us (the heathen) to beg for money to complete their school fees.

Its scriptural .

Proverbs 13:22
The wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just

1 Like

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 8:07am On Feb 13, 2018
petra1:

Let me make it clear to you by a simple question . How would a seller of dogs give his first fruit ?
Sir, stop dignifying this kid abeg. He knows nothing about being a Humanist yet he wants to talk about Christianity.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 8:25am On Feb 13, 2018
godisgood200:

Sir, stop dignifying this kid abeg. He knows nothing about being a Humanist yet he wants to talk about Christianity.

Humanism and Christianity are different things.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 8:26am On Feb 13, 2018
sonofthunder:

what lies are you talking about?

There is no where in the Bible that first fruit was paid with money.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Humanism and Christianity are different things.

Did i say they are the same? You see? You don't get it.

If you were a humanist as your moniker implies, you won't come into a global forum to make fun of 'a friend' who trusts you and came to you in his time of need, (that's if he did o).

Some folks are indeed stupid for not really checking the characters of who they call friends.

If your story is true (which i strongly doubt it), then you are a frienemy.

It doesn't matter who you are, believe it, deny it, what you sow, will come to you.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 2:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
superhumanist:

There is no where in the Bible that first fruit was paid with money.
go back and study the reference given you by petra1. when you're done with that go and study the last chapter in the book of Leviticus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 7:16pm On Feb 13, 2018
godisgood200:

Did i say they are the same? You see? You don't get it.

If you were a humanist as your moniker implies, you won't come into a global forum to make fun of 'a friend' who trusts you and came to you in his time of need, (that's if he did o).

Some folks are indeed stupid for not really checking the characters of who they call friends.

If your story is true (which i strongly doubt it), then you are a frienemy.

It doesn't matter who you are, believe it, deny it, what you sow, will come to you.

Did I mention the friend's name? It is an issue that can be discussed as long as it is done confidentially.

This thread has nothing to do with humanism. It is a simple criticism of an aspect of Christianity.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2018
sonofthunder:

go back and study the reference given you by petra1. when you're done with that go and study the last chapter in the book of Leviticus.

Lies!

Petra's reference has no monetary first fruit payment. First fruit was paid in harvest and livestock. The preists was then ordered to ransom some of the first fruit with money after 1 month.

I repeat: no where in the Bible is there an example of first fruit paid in money
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 7:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
superhumanist:

Lies!

Petra's reference has no monetary first fruit payment. First fruit was paid in harvest and livestock. The preists was then ordered to ransom some of the first fruit with money after 1 month.

I repeat: no where in the Bible is there an example of first fruit paid in money
1.) can you give us biblical references for your claim above "....... The preists was then ordered to ransom some of the first fruit with money after 1 month. ........".
2.) Have you studied the place I requested you to study? (Leviticus 27)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2018
sonofthunder:

1.) can you give us biblical references for your claim above "....... The preists was then ordered to ransom some of the first fruit with money after 1 month. ........".
2.) Have you studied the place I requested you to study? (Leviticus 27)

I just read your leveticus 27 and I don't see first fruit paid in money.

Lies. Stop being a lai Muhammad
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2018
superhumanist:

I just read your leveticus 27 and I don't see first fruit paid in money.
Lies. Stop being a lai Muhammad
the word redeem was used in several places... what do you think it means?
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 12:07am On Feb 14, 2018
sonofthunder:

the word redeem was used in several places... what do you think it means?

Keep quiet and stop trying to twist scriptures. There is no where in that chapter of leveticus that people were instructed to bring their first monetary income (shekels) as offerings. Emphasis on 'first'.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 8:38am On Feb 14, 2018
superhumanist:

Keep quiet and stop trying to twist scriptures. There is no where in that chapter of leveticus that people were instructed to bring their first monetary income (shekels) as offerings. Emphasis on 'first'.

simple question, what does the bible mean by redeem?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 8:56am On Feb 14, 2018
sonofthunder:

simple question, what does the bible mean by redeem?

Ransom.......paying for something in return.

When has redeeming livestock and harvest with money turned to paying first fruit?

See how una pentecostal people dey lie?
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 9:34am On Feb 14, 2018
superhumanist:

Ransom.......paying for something in return.

When has redeeming livestock and harvest with money turned to paying first fruit?

See how una pentecostal people dey lie?
you are still sounding vague man... you are still out of context.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by petra1(m): 1:00pm On Feb 14, 2018
sonofthunder:

you are still sounding vague man... you are still out of context.

Really out of context . Its very clear in the Bible that people had the option of giving cash instead of livestock . Those who deal in unclean animals , perishable crops etc all gave cash for first fruits , Tithe’s or offerings

Numbers 18:15-16 (BBE)
15 The first birth of every living thing which is offered to the Lord, of man or beast, is to be yours; but for the first sons of man payment is to be made, and for the first young of unclean beasts. 16 Payment is to be made for these when they are a month old, at the value fixed by you, a price of five shekels by the scale of the holy place, that is, twenty gerahs to the shekel.

Payment was made by cash as Firsfruit in place of firstborn or animals
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by Vivian16: 1:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
I was taught in my church that u calculate ur first fruit by dividing ur Jan. salary with d number of working days in d month of Jan. if u are a salary earner, if u are a biz man d gain u made d first day u opened shop for d year. But some churches wil not tell u dis, mind u, God wil not put His children in tight corner.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 5:03pm On Feb 14, 2018
superhumanist:

Did I mention the friend's name? It is an issue that can be discussed as long as it is done confidentially.

This thread has nothing to do with humanism. It is a simple criticism of an aspect of Christianity.

Lolzzzzz, wait and grow up first, know about issues before you stand to criticize them, because, if you are taken head long on this, you'll be swallowed up.
And, whether you mention the firends name or not, as long as you brought his leg out, you are not his friend.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2018
godisgood200:

Lolzzzzz, wait and grow up first, know about issues before you stand to criticize them, because, if you are taken head long on this, you'll be swallowed up.
And, whether you mention the firends name or not, as long as you brought his leg out, you are not his friend.

So people who put their marital problems online for advice are not good spouses abi?

Your logic is reetarded
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 8:22pm On Feb 14, 2018
petra1:

Really out of context . Its very clear in the Bible that people had the option of giving cash instead of livestock . Those who deal in unclean animals , perishable crops etc all gave cash for first fruits , Tithe’s or offerings

Numbers 18:15-16 (BBE)
15 The first birth of every living thing which is offered to the Lord, of man or beast, is to be yours; but for the first sons of man payment is to be made, and for the first young of unclean beasts. 16 Payment is to be made for these when they are a month old, at the value fixed by you, a price of five shekels by the scale of the holy place, that is, twenty gerahs to the shekel.

Payment was made by cash as Firsfruit in place of firstborn or animals
even he knows he is deceiving himself, i but I really wanted to see how long he would ridicule himself to the world. dude is clearly living in denial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2018
sonofthunder:

even he knows he is deceiving himself, i but I really wanted to see how long he would ridicule himself to the world. dude is clearly living in denial.

The irony. If only you knew how people ridicule the flgreed for money in Pentecostal churches.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
superhumanist:

So people who put their marital problems online for advice are not good spouses abi?

Your logic is reetarded
See how you dey reason. I pity anyone who no know you but trust you with their private matters.

The people who put their matters out online, did that themselves, the friend they trusted with that information will be an enemy if after knowing what's happening in a friend's home, puts it out.

Borrow sesne.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2018
superhumanist:

Your logic is reetarded
If till now ypu haven't seen your flaws, then sorry. You are as stupid as an Ostrich . I may just have to mark you out and avoid you, because even respomding to your chats can be termed as beyrayal. What a guy.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 5:34am On Feb 15, 2018
godisgood200:

If till now ypu haven't seen your flaws, then sorry. You are as stupid as an Ostrich . I may just have to mark you out and avoid you, because even respomding to your chats can be termed as beyrayal. What a guy.

Lol.

After seeing how silly your statement was.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 5:36am On Feb 15, 2018
godisgood200:

See how you dey reason. I pity anyone who no know you but trust you with their private matters.

The people who put their matters out online, did that themselves, the friend they trusted with that information will be an enemy if after knowing what's happening in a friend's home, puts it out.

Borrow sesne.

Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Genealogy / How Do You See God? - Olamide Obire / How Great Is Your God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.