Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" (5264 Views)

First Fruit Is A Scam, Be Wiser In 2019 / My Take On The Doctrine Of Trinity And Those Saying Jesus Is God Almighty! / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 7:37am On Feb 15, 2018
superhumanist:

Nonsense.

I know right?
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by godisgood200: 7:42am On Feb 15, 2018
superhumanist:

Lol.

After seeing how silly your statement was.
See? Ostrich! Am sure you don't have a bank account cos you dont work, yet you were called to loan a guy who has 700k in his account.

See how pathetic you sound? Go get a life ASAP.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 1:26pm On Feb 15, 2018
godisgood200:

See? Ostrich! Am sure you don't have a bank account cos you dont work, yet you were called to loan a guy who has 700k in his account.

See how pathetic you sound? Go get a life ASAP.

Lol.....keep projecting your poverty infested life into me.

You that is enslaved to a prosperity pastor in hope of reading millions. grin
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by sonofthunder: 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2018
superhumanist:

The irony. If only you knew how people ridicule the flgreed for money in Pentecostal churches.
okay...

1 Like

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by ogyunging(m): 2:03am On Feb 16, 2018
'First fruit' ke? Na adam and eve tins all over again. I weep for my people. My brain told me this was funny business when i first heard about it, my ex gave 'first fruit' some time back at her church, asked her to explain what it meant, i didnt understand her after the salaye. Please what is 'first fruit' i tried deducing from the comments but all i see is fanatism and zombie mentality. Thank you OP.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by dyydxx: 12:20am On Feb 17, 2018
Firstfruits was a Jewish feast held in the early spring at the beginning of the grain harvest. It was observed on Nissan 16, which was the third day after Passover and the second day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread. Firstfruits was a time of thanksgiving for God’s provision.

Leviticus 23:9-14 institutes the firstfruits offering. The people were to bring a sheaf of grain to the priest, who would wave it before the Lord. A burnt offering, a meal offering, and a drink offering were also required at that time. Deuteronomy 26:1-10 gives even more detail on the procedure of firstfruits.

No grain was to be harvested at all until the firstfruits offering was brought to the Lord (Leviticus 23:14). The offering was made in remembrance of Israel’s sojourn in Egypt, the Lord’s deliverance from slavery, and their possession of “a land that floweth with milk and honey.” The day of the firstfruits offering was also used to calculate the proper time of the Feast of Weeks (Leviticus 23:15-16).

In the New Testament, the firstfruits offering is mentioned seven times, always symbolically. Paul calls Epaenetus and the household of Stephanas “the firstfruits of Achaia” (Romans 16:5; 1 Corinthians 16:15). His meaning is that, just as the firstfruits offering was the first portion of a larger harvest, these individuals were the first of many converts in that region. James calls believers “a kind of firstfruits of His creatures” (James 1:18). Just like the sheaf of grain was set apart for the Lord, so are believers set apart for God’s glory.

The firstfruits offering found its fulfillment in Jesus. “But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep” (1 Corinthians 15:20). Jesus’ resurrection has paved the way for our resurrection. Significantly, if Jesus was killed at Passover, then His resurrection on the third day would have fallen on Nissan 16—the Feast of Firstfruits.

The firstfruits offering is never directly applied to Christian giving in the New Testament. However, Paul taught the Corinthian believers to set aside a collection “on the first day of the week” (1 Corinthians 16:2). And, just as the offering of firstfruits was an occasion of thanksgiving, so the Christian is to give with gladness.

In summary, firstfruits symbolizes God’s harvest of souls, it illustrates giving to God from a grateful heart, and it sets a pattern of giving back to Him the first (and the best) of what He has given us. Not being under the Old Testament Law, the Christian is under no further obligation than to give cheerfully and liberally (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by dyydxx: 12:29am On Feb 17, 2018
For the born again believer in christ under the new testament and in this dispensation of grace and in Christ, ANY OTHER GIVING APART from the giving sanctioned in 2Cor 9: 6-7 is Anathema and a return back to the old covenant which have been done away with in christ. If paul were alive today he would have said who has betwicthed you just as he told the galatians.

2 Corinthians 9:6-7 King James Version (KJV)
6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

King James Version (KJV)

Tithes, FirstFruit Offerings,OfferSeven, Seeds, and the likes after it are all SCAMS that pastorpreneurs use to enrich themselves in this dispensation
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by dyydxx: 12:40am On Feb 17, 2018
The funny thing is that any genuine believer would give willing for the work of God. whether 0.001% of earnings to 100% of earnings just like the early church. There doesn't have to be any compulsion. I can give anything to God and willingly and as I'm led. The irony of all these prosperity preaching is that it's actually wisdom that brings wealth, wisdom and the presence of God.

As for the accumulation of money, the wealthiest people in the world don't pay tithes, nor give first fruits nor give any seeds to any pastors yet they have been there since generations. In fact most of them don't even know God. In some cases, the wealth has been there for 3 generations so what are we talking about. Non of these pastors are as rich as Bill gates, Buffet or Jeff Bezos or even Dangote so who is deceiving who....
Bill gates has been on the top spot for almost 20 years in a roll yet some preachers are waiting for the wealth to transfer from him to them...talk about ignorance gone on rampage. God's people are beginning to see thee light and these fleecing of the flock of God by old testament preaching designed to exploit the church will soon end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by greenmonk: 12:54pm On Feb 18, 2018
petra1:

Really out of context . Its very clear in the Bible that people had the option of giving cash instead of livestock . Those who deal in unclean animals , perishable crops etc all gave cash for first fruits , Tithe’s or offerings

Numbers 18:15-16 (BBE)
15 The first birth of every living thing which is offered to the Lord, of man or beast, is to be yours; but for the first sons of man payment is to be made, and for the first young of unclean beasts. 16 Payment is to be made for these when they are a month old, at the value fixed by you, a price of five shekels by the scale of the holy place, that is, twenty gerahs to the shekel.

Payment was made by cash as Firsfruit in place of firstborn or animals

I thought these nigerians are christians?
How are guys so bent on practising judaism.
The christ you claim to follow said he has paid the ultimate ransom and redeemed sinners but you, the money changers he drove out of the house of God, still want to enslave the masses with your doctrines and willing to practice judaism as the pharasees while claiming to be christians.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 1:29pm On Feb 18, 2018
dyydxx:
The funny thing is that any genuine believer would give willing for the work of God. whether 0.001% of earnings to 100% of earnings just like the early church. There doesn't have to be any compulsion. I can give anything to God and willingly and as I'm led. The irony of all these prosperity preaching is that it's actually wisdom that brings wealth, wisdom and the presence of God.

As for the accumulation of money, the wealthiest people in the world don't pay tithes, nor give first fruits nor give any seeds to any pastors yet they have been there since generations. In fact most of them don't even know God. In some cases, the wealth has been there for 3 generations so what are we talking about. Non of these pastors are as rich as Bill gates, Buffet or Jeff Bezos or even Dangote so who is deceiving who....
Bill gates has been on the top spot for almost 20 years in a roll yet some preachers are waiting for the wealth to transfer from him to them...talk about ignorance gone on rampage. God's people are beginning to see thee light and these fleecing of the flock of God by old testament preaching designed to exploit the church will soon end.

Oga, you have spoken the simple truth.

It is not a crime to give to the church. But then, the church should not be telling people what amount or percentage to give.

Give as the heart willeth.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by superhumanist(m): 1:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
[img][/img]
greenmonk:

I thought these nigerians are christians?
How are guys so bent on practising judaism.
The christ you claim to follow said he has paid the ultimate ransom and redeemed sinners but you, the money changers he drove out of the house of God, still want to enslave the masses with your doctrines and willing to practice judaism as the pharasees while claiming to be christians.

They are more interested in money than salvation.
Re: My Painful Experience With The Doctrine Of "First Fruit" by gwama: 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2018
I am neither for nor against the first fruit, but I know that in many companies there is the 13th month which generally intended for this purpose. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Athiesm The "No God" Religion / Tb Joshua's Church Branch In London / PHOTO: Satan is taking over. satanic symbols saturate earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.