Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? (6419 Views)

Whats The Best Music Player App On Phone / Whats The Best Budget Phone So Far. / Whats The Advantage And Disavantages Of Updating An Andriod Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Godwin978(m): 9:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
what could this mean?

any time i place my hand above top screen (mainly on the front speaker)

this often appear, i dont know the meaning,

if you do know please explain

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by SmallmebigGod: 9:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
I prophecy, this post shall make front page.

Back to the question, I think it is meant to protect your phone when in your pocket . I am not sure though so wait for more people to comment

4 Likes

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Habiodunz(m): 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
Anti Inadvertently mode

Can be disabled but won't tell you tongue

1 Like

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by coolebux(m): 9:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
It means that you're always in the habit of trying to spoil your phone unconsciously
But the phone has a way of protecting itself from your carelessness

I try?

13 Likes

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by psucc(m): 9:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
Even the phone english sef na die. Which one is front of the screen and where the back dey?

bros i fear your phone don carry hiv or staph.

10 Likes

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Iphone5: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
SmallmebigGod:
I prophecy, this post shall make front page.

Back to the question, I think it is meant to protect your phone when in your pocket . I am not sure though so wait for more people to comment

You are right
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by ifex370(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2018
psucc:
Even the phone english sef na die. Which one is front of the screen and where the back dey?

Lol.. Nigerian's can notice anything
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Collinz2(m): 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
It happens mainly on infinix smartphone when charging.

1 Like

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 08, 2018
It means you are always covering the top of ur phone while it's in low brightness

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by pointstores(m): 10:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
nice info
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Ebubemg(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
Godwin978:
what could this mean?

any time i place my hand above top screen (mainly on the front speaker)

this often appear, i dont know the meaning,

if you do know please explain
that is where the front sensors are, you are blocking them with ur hand and ur phone is able to dictect it like all android phones

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by johnbuck81(m): 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
stop covering the top of ur phone.
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by guji12(m): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
It happens whenever u touch d sensor on d top of ur fone.. mayb right or left depending on the phone

1 Like

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Generica(m): 11:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
It happens mainly with Infinix phones. The first time it happened to me, I was shocked and wondered what could have caused it. Later I found out why. It happens whenever the charger cable crosses the screen.
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Cozbymaster97(m): 12:16am On Feb 09, 2018
​If Bournemouth beat Chelsea 3-0 and Watford beat Chelsea 4-1, Assuming momentum before collision = momentum after collision and forces applied to a rigid body all act in the same plane, calculate the number of goals Barcelona will score against Chelsea. (Take g=9.8m/s2)​

According to the collision theory wen barca n Chelsea collide the intensity of the collision will be approximately 70-30 in possesion n 3-4 number of goals will be scored with reference to Barcelona ��

Given that g= 9.8m/s^2...{ let Chelsea be denoted as C, Bournemouth be denoted as B, and Watford is denoted by W}

3B+ 0C = 3......Eqn 1

4W + (-1) = 3...Eqn 2

The cumulative goal conceded is {3+3 =6}

Let cumulative be denoted as "a"
Therefore, if Barca denoted as Br

Squad strength of barca = a+1
Messi probability to score = a+1+1

Chelsea being a team of dog turds = a+1+1+1

Note a=6

Therefore, a+3 =6+3=9

9 goals.

11 Likes

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by certifiedosondu(m): 12:21am On Feb 09, 2018
Go to settings. After that click on display, then u will find ur ans
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by pesty100(m): 12:25am On Feb 09, 2018
It means the proximity sensor (the thing that makes your phone go off when receiving call) is covered when you try switching on your phone. The warning tries to prevent erroneous pressing of your phone if by mistake your phone gets switched on in your pocket.

1 Like

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by edumama(m): 2:00am On Feb 09, 2018
You are right and it normally happens with all these high definition phones
pesty100:
It means the proximity sensor (the thing that makes your phone go off when receiving call) is covered when you try switching on your phone. The warning tries to prevent erroneous pressing of your phone if by mistake your phone gets switched on in your pocket.
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by FromZeroToHero(m): 2:11am On Feb 09, 2018
Cozbymaster97:
​If Bournemouth beat Chelsea 3-0 and Watford beat Chelsea 4-1, Assuming momentum before collision = momentum after collision and forces applied to a rigid body all act in the same plane, calculate the number of goals Barcelona will score against Chelsea. (Take g=9.8m/s2)​

According to the collision theory wen barca n Chelsea collide the intensity of the collision will be approximately 70-30 in possesion n 3-4 number of goals will be scored with reference to Barcelona ��

Given that g= 9.8m/s^2...{ let Chelsea be denoted as C, Bournemouth be denoted as B, and Watford is denoted by W}

3B+ 0C = 3......Eqn 1

4W + (-1) = 3...Eqn 2

The cumulative goal conceded is {3+3 =6}

Let cumulative be denoted as "a"
Therefore, if Barca denoted as Br

Squad strength of barca = a+1
Messi probability to score = a+1+1

Chelsea being a team of dog turds = a+1+1+1

Note a=6

Therefore, a+3 =6+3=9

9 goals.

QED. lols
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by ardiva(m): 3:08am On Feb 09, 2018
It's caused by the proximity sensor to prevent accidental touches while in your pocket, it senses the intensity of light facing it and if something is covering the sensor that screen shows up and turns the screen off quickly even if it's in your pocket. The message their is for you, incase you accidentally covered the sensor, it's asking you not to cover it else the screen won't respond to touches.

3 Likes

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by iheartellah(m): 5:48am On Feb 09, 2018
Its called inadvertently mode.
If you want to switch it off go to settings> display and you should see it somewhere there.

3 Likes

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by thedondada(m): 8:52am On Feb 09, 2018
Correct the title of your thread.

1 Like

Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Reeberry: 10:41am On Feb 09, 2018
psucc:

Seems you are still using android gingerbread. undecided
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Godwin978(m): 10:41am On Feb 09, 2018
Habiodunz:
Anti Inadvertently mode

Can be disabled but won't tell you tongue
uncle please tell me nawn so that the price of fuel will come down
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Godwin978(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2018
thedondada:
what should be the tiltle?
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Godwin978(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2018
thedondada:
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Godwin978(m): 10:45am On Feb 09, 2018
coolebux:
It means that you're always in the habit of trying to spoil your phone unconsciously
But the phone has a way of protecting itself from your carelessness

I try?
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by bravesoul247(m): 11:50am On Feb 09, 2018
I so notice it on my TECNO Camon CM too
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by petergriffin: 12:16pm On Feb 09, 2018
Godwin978:
make it more formal
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by samuelchimmy(m): 12:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
Collinz2:
it always appear on my tecno phone when i mistakenly cover the top of the screen
Re: Dose This Also Appear On Your Smartphone? Whats The Meaning? by Godwinfury(m): 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
Collinz2:
happens in almost all smartphones, dont know what it meant, but it happens when your phone sensor(located at the top right/left corner, depending on your phone) is covered.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New Mtn Calls For 7+ Days For Just 30NGR / How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP / No Blackberry Phone In The Top Ten Best Phones 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.