Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,706 members, 7,805,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. (23867 Views)

Can I Postpone My Tithe Till Next Payment? / "I Just Increased My Tithe To 30 Percent, Satan Go And Die" - Apostle Suleman. / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 1:40am On Feb 09, 2018
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

130 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by hopefulLandlord: 2:09am On Feb 09, 2018
Pastor Kistone, how ministry?

170 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by pointblank247(m): 3:23am On Feb 09, 2018
Tithe is biblical unless you believe in testamentation of the bible

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Auki: 6:49am On Feb 09, 2018
Brain are not only for passing Exams. God gives you brain to use not to deactivate. Ability to use our brain make the whole d/f b/w human being and Animal.

God will ask you whether you use and how you use all the gifts He bestowed on you. Do not be fool by scammers.

182 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 7:29am On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
We hail God's name o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:01am On Feb 09, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. Nomatter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.

God cannot bless you through tithe because that will be HIM making nulll and void the death of JESUS his SON.

The blessing of God of Abraham reaches us only through grace{Jesus}.

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Martinez19(m): 8:11am On Feb 09, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Martinez19(m): 8:12am On Feb 09, 2018
undecided

37 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:50am On Feb 09, 2018
I will continue to pay too.

#Iwillcontinuetopay

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by superhumanist(m): 12:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
This is the foolishness that prosperity gospel breeds!

Shithole with dumb shitholers. angry angry

117 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

God cannot bless you through tithe because that will be HIM making nulll and void the death of JESUS his SON.

The blessing of God of Abraham reaches us only through grace{Jesus}.
Who is melchizedek king of of
salem in gen14:18 Heb7:1-end? Jesus also collect am.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 12:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Auki:
Brain are not only for passing Exams. God gives you brain to use not to deactivate. Ability to use our brain make the whole d/f b/w human being and Animal.

God will ask you whether you use and how you use all the gifts He bestowed on you. Do not be fool by scammers.
Who is melchizedek king of of
salem in gen14:18 Heb7:1-end?
Jesus also collect am.

5 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by trapQ: 3:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
Same here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Seun(m): 4:09pm On Feb 09, 2018
kistone:
EVEN IF PASTOR USE MY TITHE TO PLAY GAMBLE, I WILL CONTINUE TO PAY. I can only pay through pastor, i didnt pay to pastor. as far i enjoy and bein bless through it. No matter what any #frizzar say dat is ur problem.
How are you sure that the “blessings” are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful “blessings”. Some of them are even the richest people in the world.

124 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Originakalokalo(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
Seun:
How are you sure that the blessings are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful blessings. Some of them are the richest people in the world.

Some people work hard and are not successful.

Paying tithe is not just for success,

It is obedience to God's word.

A greatful heart is a heart that gives.

If you give God your ten percent, it means you trust him.

I will add this,

Tithing is not the only way to serve God.

You serve God if you show love, executes good Judgement, obey his words, and show mercy.

Tithing is one of the ways to serve God.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by awesomeJ(m): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
Seun:
How are you sure that the blessings are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful blessings. Some of them are the richest people in the world.
You wear a cologne, and you begin to smell nice, someone then asks how are you sure the nice smell is from the cologne?
You have the memory of how things were before you wore the cologne. That's how it is with tithing. You do it right, it'll spell a clear difference.
Mind you, gullibility is too small a motivation for anyone to pay tithe. For us who do-sometimes even above the required portion- the blessings we get are our thrust.

For peeps who don't believe in God, you shouldn't refer to what they have as blessings. Blessings from who?. They're merely successful, and no one disputes that. Now you should get the point clearly. That you drive to Abuja doesn't change the fact that there are others who get there by flight. So some prosper by their hardwork, whereas for some of us it's God's blessings on our works that amplifies our success.

55 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by nans24: 9:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
kistone:

Yes. Even if your pastor (a supposed man of God who is to live an exemplary life) gambles with your hard earned money, still pay your tithe through him.

Your way of reasoning and level of spirituality is indeed high.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by nans24: 9:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Originakalokalo:

I will continue to pay too.
#Iwillcontinuetopay
You Too!! Wow!
Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 12:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
nans24:

Yes. Even if your pastor (a supposed man of God who is to live an exemplary life) gambles with your hard earned money, still pay your tithe through him.

God rejected eli' and still approve hannah's prayer, that is the way of my reasoning.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 12:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
nans24:

nans24:

God rejected eli' and still approve hannah's prayer, that is the way of my reasoning.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 1:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
nans24:

i pay through pastor not to pastor, if a pastor does not delever d money God will collect it in his own way, dat can cost d pastor to pay witht his life. Nothing concern me.

3 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Seun(m): 2:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
awesomeJ:

You wear a cologne, and you begin to smell nice, someone then asks how are you sure the nice smell is from the cologne?
The fact that you performed an action before an outcome happened doesn’t mean the action caused the outcome. Every morning I wake up, and the sun rises within the hour. That does not mean that my waking up causes the sun to rise. Hope you get that?

Let’s say that there was a time when you didn’t pay tithes and you were poorer. And currently you pay tithes and feel that you are richer. You have to consider all the factors before concluding that the tithes are responsible.

(But first, you need to ascertain that you are actually making more money now. If your salary was 100k after tax, and now it is 111k before tithe, the amount you get to spend is exactly the same as before, so you have not actually been blessed. On top of that, you also have to consider inflation, which is quite high in Nigeria. Your salary could have doubled over the years without any increase in your purchasing power.)

Let’s suppose that after all those calculations, you have determined that there has been an increase in your purchasing power. You have to first consider natural things that could have led to that outcome such as getting a (better) job or being promoted, marrying a rich person, starting a successful business, etc.

I can guarantee that you would find a couple of those things. Having found them, it makes no sense to credit tithing. Crediting tithing for your blessings after getting a more lucrative job is like crediting praise worship for your good smell after using a cologne which can be clearly demonstrated to be responsible for the smell.

94 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by awesomeJ(m): 2:49pm On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:

The fact that you performed an action before an outcome happened doesn’t mean the action caused the outcome. Every morning I wake up, and the sun rises within the hour. That does not mean that my waking up causes the sun to rise. Hope you get that?

Let’s say that there was a time when you were not paying tithes and you were poorer. And currently you are paying tithes and richer. You have to consider all the factors before concluding that the tithes are responsible.

(But first, you need to ascertain that you are actually making more money now. If your salary was 100k after tax, and now it is 111k before tithe, the amount you get to spend is exactly the same as before, so you have not actually been blessed. On top of that, you also have to consider inflation, which is quite high in Nigeria. Your salary could have doubled over the years without any increase in your purchasing power.)

Let’s suppose that after all those calculations, you have determined that there has been an increase in your purchasing power. You have to first consider natural things that could have led to that outcome such as getting a (better) job or being promoted, marrying a rich person, starting a successful business, etc.

I can guarantee that you would find a couple of those things. Having found them, it makes no sense to credit tithing. Crediting tithing for your blessings after getting a more lucrative job is like crediting praise worship for your good smell after using a cologne which can be clearly demonstrated to be responsible for the smell.
I am saying that I work the same job, the same number of hours, still single as I was, yet when I project that my investment funds will reach x amount by the end of the 1st quarter, it instead happens weeks earlier in February. Like you said, I have checked, and the only thing that has changed is that I set a new threshold for the amount I'll pay in tithes monthly, and there's been a swell. Mind you, owing fully to the blessings of tithing, this new threshold is about 80% of the salary I had on a full time job about 2 years ago, now it's only about 10% of the current income. So don't you think I'll consider an eight-fold increase in two years blessed enough?

And on attributing certain occurrences to prior actions, The rising of the sun doesn't qualify for a suitable comparison, because not only does it not need your waking up to happen, it actually doesn't need anything other than the earth's constant rotation to happen.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by hahn(m): 2:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
Mugu must fall. Guyman must wack grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 10, 2018
Seun, trying to convince some of these peeps that tithe is not a prerequisite to prosperity and success but determination, courage, hard work, persistence, innovation and luck is like trying to break a rock with water. Even when the truth steer at them in the face, they will rather die with their failed and unproductive belief system than eat the humble pie using their brains and think logically and coherently like human being does. A pig no matter how you wash it will still get to the gutter. It is psychology. They will always find something else like tithe, pastor, Church other than their efforts to credit for every little success they have because their pastors have so indoctrinated, brainwash them so.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by budaatum: 3:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
superhumanist:
This is the foolishness that prosperity gospel breeds!

Shithole with dumb shitholers. angry angry

Then they ask why I hate religion, as if its potential to produce people like the op is insufficient!

5 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by superhumanist(m): 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
budaatum:

Then they ask why I hate religion, as if its potential to produce people like the op is insufficient!

Seriously, religion can produce some brain dead people. This one is small, check out the "first fruit" wahala-
https://www.nairaland.com/4337378/painful-experience-doctrine-first-fruit

4 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by nans24: 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
kistone:

In that case even when you know your pastor is a swindler and "not a real man of God" still go to that his church to worship because God rejected eli and still approve hannahs prayer. like i said Mr kistone, You have a high level of spirituality.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by nans24: 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
kistone:
i pay through pastor not to pastor, if a pastor does not delever d money God will collect it in his own way, dat can cost d pastor to pay witht his life. Nothing concern me.

Lmao! I dont even know what to say anymore. Its alright.

2 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
awesomeJ:

You have the memory of how things were before you wore the cologne. That's how it is with tithing. You do it right, it'll spell a clear difference.
Mind you, gullibility is too small a motivation for anyone to pay tithe. For us who do-sometimes even above the required portion- the blessings we get are our thrust.
So, what if lots of people were smelling as nice as you smelled, (the exact same smell, or even better) without putting on cologne? Wouldn't simple logic tell you that its not the cologne that's responsible for making you smell nice??

For peeps who don't believe in God, you shouldn't refer to what they have as blessings. Blessings from who?. They're merely successful, and no one disputes that.

So what are blessings and what is success? Explain using concrete examples.

Now you should get the point clearly. That you drive to Abuja doesn't change the fact that there are others who get there by flight. So some prosper by their hardwork, whereas for some of us it's God's blessings on our works that amplifies our success.
So basically, your god gives people what they don't deserve?

7 Likes

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by terrezo2002(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Those who stopped paying tithe because of Freeze's comments are those who actually struggle to pay it before. They were only looking for opportunity to stop totally.
As for me, I love paying tithe. I love God and I love the church of God. God has blessed me, so bringing back 10% is a good choice even without God commanding it.
We came to this world with nothing. We will go with nothing so we must keep giving at every opportunity we have. Give to God; give to men of God; give to church members, families, needy and the poor.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. by kistone(m): 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Seun:
How are you sure that the “blessings” are a result of your tithing, and not your hard work and a little bit of luck? Many people who don’t even believe in God enjoy bountiful “blessings”. Some of them are the richest people in the world.

This post has been updated for accuracy
I know how they use their money to heal sickness and many agony thêy can tell of it in public which also stand as devourer in dia life, but i spent the rest of my money after payment of tithe in peace and aboundant, because God has rebuke devourer on my work i and my family have been enjoy good health without treatment for many years now, all glory be to God

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benny Hinn To Officiate The Wedding Of Sharon Oyakhilome & Phillip Frimpong / For Those Who Think Hell Is An Empty Threat From The Bible! / Speaking In Tongues Is Not Heavenly Language – Mummy G.O (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.