Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? (20412 Views)

Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Getting A Job After Nysc: How Long Is Too Long? / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by koretpal: 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
I am currently a serving Corps member. Right from camp, several training institutions come to corps members to entice us to enrol in their institution to obtain certificates in either of these courses HSE, PMP, HRM, or all of them. The training institutions charge about 25k for each course.

Considering the meagre 19,800 Corps members earn monthly which most times does not carry them through the month after spending on basic necessities like feeding, transportation, accommodation, recharge cards, etc. Is it advisable for Corps members to enrol in any or all of these courses?
How beneficial are these courses after NYSC?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 6:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
sister / brother don't waste your allawe on those stuffs... those listed certifications don't come that cheap to earn... save your money and thank me later. .. PMP cost way above 200k. Google about... the cost of PMP and HSE and see for uour self.. those guys are just issuing nothing but worthless papers...

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
I'm here to learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 7:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
Coloradvantage:
sister / brother don't waste your allawe on those stuffs... those listed certifications don't come that cheap to earn... save your money and thank me later. .. PMP cost way above 200k. Google about... the cost of PMP and HSE and see for uour self.. those guys are just issuing nothing but worthless papers...

Who said PMP cost above 200k..

I recently went to NIIT to make an inquiry and they told me its 40k.. abi na the fake one? grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifex370:

I recently went to NIIT to make an inquiry and they told me its 40k.. abi na the fake one? grin
Google is your friend...

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 8:12pm On Feb 09, 2018
I think the official web address of the only organisation that issues PMP certification is www.pmi.org
check things out for your self... you can't get that certification for anything less than $750. no go trowey money for those guys.. nobody recognises those stuffs..

11 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
Investment in knowledge is the best tho, make sure you take courses that'll make you stand out

5 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by voicelez: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2018
NYSC should be removed completely, it is of no use not to talk of the courses taken there

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by harmbhrosz(m): 8:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
Lol, don't trust those guys with their ads o, they only want to make money.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Asquare84(m): 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Waste of time and resources

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
Don't throw away your hustle on another hustler

If those imaginary certificate will get you a job in oil company and blue chip company those guys would have been long employed

Next time take a look at their dressing, some their shoe has chopped off one sided

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by buffalowings: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
bjhaid:
Investment in knowledge is the best tho, make sure you take courses that'll make you stand out

Bro, this is a generic answer at best. If you've done any of them, can you elaborate on their usefulness to you.

What I noticed about the recruiters is they all seem to have a target on the number of corpers they need to enrol
Giving off the vibe that they are only interested in milking the corpers of their alawee

What do I know sha. I didn't register for any of them.

6 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Mythologytips12: 8:19pm On Feb 09, 2018
Saed. Thiefs abi thats why they call corpera otondo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by CharliParker: 8:21pm On Feb 09, 2018
good to know
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Akalia(m): 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Irrelevant, I have to say. None of the professional certifications I obtained during my youth service ever came in handy in landing me the jobs i have worked so far.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
Mythologytips12:
Saed. Thiefs abi thats why they call corpera otondo
he is not talking abt saved but the acclaimed professional courses
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by AishaBuhari: 8:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifex370:

FAKE one - By the time you finish learn am finish you turn final olodo undisputed

6 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by slyd90(m): 8:24pm On Feb 09, 2018
lol. ..they are all scammers joor

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 8:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
lustychima:

If those imaginary certificate will get you a job in oil company and blue chip company those guys would have been long employed

Next time take a look at their dressing, some their shoe has chopped off one sided

lol... in as much as the said certificate is fake...don't ever put appearance as a point in most things in life... you will get lost. those that came during my service year were fashionistas and good talkers above all look so so fresh...I just used my phone... check about anything.. somehow you will get an info about it...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
RUBBISH!!!!

don't goan waste ur money because u ll need that portion saved badly after service for Maintenance pending when you get a job!

Those niggas r only after a portion of that 19800cheesy cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
buffalowings:

Bro, this is a generic answer at best. If you've done any of them, can you elaborate on their usefulness to you.

What I noticed about the recruiters is they all seem to have a target on the number of corpers they need to enrol
Giving off the vibe that they are only interested in milking the corpers of their alawee

What do I know sha. I didn't register for any of them.
i only enrolled for IT Courses, and I'm reaping the benefits

4 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by buffalowings: 8:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
lustychima:

As in eh
When those niggas started saying anybody can take those courses no matter your field, that was when I realized I was dealing with scammers.

11 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by buffalowings: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
bjhaid:
i only enrolled for IT Courses, and I'm reaping the benefits

OK I think this one may help sha grin
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Darkseid(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
The only courses worth spending money on are vocational skills; the one you get to learn a handwork. I took a lot of those courses including HSE 1 to 3, PMP and others without getting the certificates because I didn't pay. I can tell you that they are all bullcrap, they just want your money.

5 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nigeriadondie: 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
koretpal:
I am currently a serving Corps member. Right from camp, several training institutions come to corps members to entice us to enrol in their institution to obtain certificates in either of these courses HSE, PMP, HRM, or all of them. The training institutions charge about 25k for each course.

Considering the meagre 19,800 Corps members earn monthly which most times does not carry them through the month after spending on basic necessities like feeding, transportation, accommodation, recharge cards, etc. Is it advisable for Corps members to enrol in any or all of these courses?
How beneficial are these courses after NYSC?

If u wish to go for them fine but it is not enough to earn u a job. They are worthless. To learn work better by far.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by obaataaokpaewu: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
I was discussing with a Corps member that will start all these programmes tomorrow that they are not worth it. The recognised certificates of each certifications don't come cheap. Using the money to learn makeup or sewing is even better
My own time, I did project management which I didn't even bother adding to my CV

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by SNIPER123: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
I wasted my meager allawi on HSE. I don't even know where I kept those papers called certificates today.
Forget those courses and go for personally development (improving your competency in Microsoft word, excel and power point)
Perhaps I had gone for carpentry now I would not have been looking for someone to fix my window net grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by stfadaanthony(m): 8:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
OP...make I take God beg you,don't just waste your money. I just finished my service year,enrolled for the same thing,bit abounded it along the line after paying more than half of the money.What I realise is that some of those guys are rich,therefore they smoothtalk you with there achievements, but in the long run,you don't need those courses at all. Companies don't even recognise them. abeg save your money for after service,life hard after service o.

9 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
buffalowings:

As in eh
When those niggas started saying anybody can take those courses no matter your field, that was when I realized I was dealing with scammers.
seriously
During my service days it was same story

All the guys that took d courses non failed, How come?
Even those that avoided the lectures and all that

And they have a special way of attracting people with their installmental payment system

8000 onset payment... Then you finish the rest in two instalments

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by MistaBabz: 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
ifex370:

NII what? That's fake oo, what they give is equivalent to what all this NYSC camp marketers give cos it's just of no value. It's just a certificate of attendance

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Peterlawyer(m): 8:55pm On Feb 09, 2018
the same thing I was telling a friend today any vocational course is good

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Batch B PCMs Keeping Vigil To Wait For NYSC Portal For Registration In Uyo / Alawe Increment How True? / A thread for corpers posted to Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.