Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? (20405 Views)

Titilola Adeleke: Osun First Lady Inspires NYSC Corps Members At Ede Camp / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by vansledge(m): 7:36am On Feb 10, 2018
pitapromiz:
I believe it depends on individual view of life... your goals and what you need the paper qualifications for.... I will be starting one nextweek.... for HSE and PMP.
Alot of advertisers have come my way both in camp and at cds.... but they all looked in genuine or rather scam to me. Apart from one that offers UKHSE and UKPMP... I checked their website it someway looked genuine and I checked UKHSE website I found that they are also their legit partner. So I will work with them. UKHSE British Safety Organization. Novelle is the company name I guess
I would have just read and pass as usual cos I hardly comment.
let me advice you the recognized HSE cert in the labour markets are:
1. NEBOSH about 300k not sure of the price (UK)
2. OSHA about 200k not sure of the price too (America)
3. ISPON/NISP about 40k and its subsidies for NYSC (Nigeria)
so I will advice if u need any HSE course go for number 3 cos its affordable.
google is ur friend
during my service year I did with JPTS and its not relevant
my cent of advise

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by jojothaiv(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2018
lustychima:
Don't throw away your hustle on another hustler

If those imaginary certificate will get you a job in oil company and blue chip company those guys would have been long employed

Next time take a look at their dressing, some their shoe has chopped off one sided

A bottle of your favourite drink, bills on me!

1 Like

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 10, 2018
voicelez:
NYSC should be removed completely, it is of no use not to talk of the courses taken there
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 8:28am On Feb 10, 2018
voicelez:
NYSC should be removed completely, it is of no use not to talk of the courses taken there
they can scrap it after my turn

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by babacletus: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2018
ifex370:

I asked them very well repeatedly.. They said its for the exam n training sad

PMP Exam Testing Fee for Non-PMI Members: $555 (USD) PMP Exam Testing Fee for PMI Members: $405 (USD) PMI Annual Membership: $139 (USD) Course Preparation Materials: $179 - $2,600 (USD)

Source: google
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by snowden9(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2018
bjhaid:
i only enrolled for IT Courses, and I'm reaping the benefits
Nice one bro. But please if I may ask, which of the IT courses did you enroll in. I'm serving currently and I'm just caught up with the choice of if I should go into an IT program or not and if i really should enroll, the one that'll make me stand out. what worked for you please?
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifyboy60(m): 9:47am On Feb 10, 2018
ifex370:

Ayu serious.. Thank God oo.. I was just about wasting my money for that rubbish..

Its similar to afrihub giving you a certificate on networking rather than the main Cisco cert

its not a waste if they can teach wella. at least u will have the head knowledge after which u can write the exams online.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:29am On Feb 10, 2018
ifyboy60:

its not a waste if they can teach wella. at least u will have the head knowledge after which u can write the exams online.

From what I've discovered.. You can't even learn those stuffs under 3 month's..

Some even take up to a few year's before you knowledge will be formidable enough to take the exam
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by tamzy123(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2018
vansledge:

I would have just read and pass as usual cos I hardly comment.
let me advice you the recognized HSE cert in the labour markets are:
1. NEBOSH about 300k not sure of the price (UK)
2. OSHA about 200k not sure of the price too (America)
3. ISPON/NISP about 40k and its subsidies for NYSC (Nigeria)
so I will advice if u need any HSE course go for number 3 cos its affordable.
google is ur friend
during my service year I did with JPTS and its not relevant
my cent of advise
Yea.. u seem to know much but maybe you should visit novelle center abuja and see staffs of Mobil, nnpc, shell.. struggling to enroll in HSE(40k) NEBOSH(240k) and PMP(40k) with Corp members. Novelle center all the way
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Spylord48: 3:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Darkseid:
I really can't say but it should be better than the one I attended. In that one, the instructor just read from a textbook, after four classes, that was all.

Lol.. this one was daily classes with weekly test..and U must score at least 60 in order to pass the test
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
snowden9:

Nice one bro. But please if I may ask, which of the IT courses did you enroll in. I'm serving currently and I'm just caught up with the choice of if I should go into an IT program or not and if i really should enroll, the one that'll make me stand out. what worked for you please?
i enrolled for web dev, it all boils down to the IT you're interested in bro, what worked for me might not work for you o
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
youngsahito:
pls which IT course did u put in 4 cos am also a serving corp member.
web dev, but there are many IT courses you can choose from tho
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by mrphysics(m): 8:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
tamzy123:

Yea.. u seem to know much but maybe you should visit novelle center abuja and see staffs of Mobil, nnpc, shell.. struggling to enroll in HSE(40k) NEBOSH(240k) and PMP(40k) with Corp members. Novelle center all the way
Allow them, they won't understand. I am currently working in Abuja and I know how important it is. I failed to get it during service after reading things above but now in my field in the office, it becomes very necessary.

now those comparing the price in US to Nigeria should compare Oxford to UNN. They won't understand till they see the need. Now I would have saved 20k but will now pay 40k. I know how I can beat around it shaa. The problem is that people do not have experience before writing it and most times, they are taught by non project managers.

I know Novellecenter very well, I even opened their branch in Kano, I thought PMP even without having certificate all for the money. I am now in the field and PMB becomes necessary

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by mrphysics(m): 8:36pm On Feb 10, 2018
tamzy123:

When I was handling the Kano branch I helped a staff get work in Abuja Novellecenter branch. same person told me I can't get the certificate anything less the 40k. I will show her I can beat the system shaa

2 Likes

Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by youngsahito(m): 9:25pm On Feb 10, 2018
bjhaid:
web dev, but there are many IT courses you can choose from tho
hope the course fee is not that expensive.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifyboy60(m): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
ifex370:

From what I've discovered.. You can't even learn those stuffs under 3 month's..

Some even take up to a few year's before you knowledge will be formidable enough to take the exam

if u are into IT or a computer sci grad, I would advice u learn programming instead
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
ifyboy60:

if u are into IT or a computer sci grad, I would advice u learn programming instead

Studied computer engineering.. I dunno why I don't really feel the programming vibe.. Although I do program from time to time..

I feel more of like a supervisor that should manage stuff's..

Anyway I'm already taking your advice and doing droid development.. Cos of large amount of opportunities there
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by mrphysics(m): 7:23am On Feb 11, 2018
ifex370:

Studied computer engineering.. I dunno why I don't really feel the programming vibe.. Although I do program from time to time..

I feel more of like a supervisor that should manage stuff's..

Anyway I'm already taking your advice and doing droid development.. Cos of large amount of opportunities there
I understand you bro. I work in IT company and trust me, you need to be a developer. You are best employed if you can prove your development skill and then be given technical manager. A project manager will always be a project manager, however, a knowledge of a programming language will give you an upper hand. A project manager and business analyst will interface directly with clients, understand their requirements and design solutions to meet their expectations. You can't be given such role if you are not a Project Manager.

You need to force that vibe into yourself or you become and entrepreneur
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by ifex370(m): 1:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
mrphysics:

I understand you bro. I work in IT company and trust me, you need to be a developer. You are best employed if you can prove your development skill and then be given technical manager. A project manager will always be a project manager, however, a knowledge of a programming language will give you an upper hand. A project manager and business analyst will interface directly with clients, understand their requirements and design solutions to meet their expectations. You can't be given such role if you are not a Project Manager.

You need to force that vibe into yourself or you become and entrepreneur

Alright bro.. Thanks for the advice.. I'm officially starting android development today
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 6:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
Spylord48:
I did project management online in Australia open university in collaboration with polytechnic west Australia after which I was given a certificate of participation. Abeg is the certificate useful or useless as the one gotten during nysc?
cc. ifyboy60,
Coloradvantage
,Akalia,
Darkseid
no knowledge is a waste... it shows you have a keen desire to know more and very much open to learning. this are more like tutorials. .. the certificate of attendance is not recognised. but if tomorrow you wish to pay to sit for PMP examination, you have a knowledge already to build on...at least little. check www.pmi.org for more information about project management.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Phunkyposh(f): 8:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
CICRM is different from the above, It helps you to become a better communicator in whatsoever career you choose to follow as communication is the first and best vital skill to succeed in any given field,, My cent.
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Spylord48: 10:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Coloradvantage:
no knowledge is a waste... it shows you have a keen desire to know more and very much open to learning. this are more like tutorials. .. the certificate of attendance is not recognised. but if tomorrow you wish to pay to sit for PMP examination, you have a knowledge already to build on...at least little. check www.pmi.org for more information about project management.

thanks so need need of putting such in my cv?
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 11:34pm On Feb 13, 2018
Spylord48:

thanks so need need of putting such in my cv?
if I were you ..I will.no doubt about that
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Spylord48: 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
Coloradvantage:
if I were you ..I will.no doubt about that

thanks so much
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Coloradvantage(m): 7:11pm On Feb 14, 2018
Spylord48:

thanks so much
how much did you pay for that?
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Trottle: 5:21pm On Feb 15, 2018
Phunkyposh:
CICRM is different from the above, It helps you to become a better communicator in whatsoever career you choose to follow as communication is the first and best vital skill to succeed in any given field,, My cent.

I almost enrolled for that CICRM-Chatered Institute of Customer Relationship Management, but the certificate issued might still carry the NYSC logo, which makes it fall on the category of cert discussed above...
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Spylord48: 4:27pm On Feb 22, 2018
Coloradvantage:
how much did you pay for that?

it is free 1month training. they just give U the basics of different professional courses
Re: How Beneficial Are These Courses Corps Members Are Enticed To Take, After NYSC? by Biebee(f): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2018
Here's my honest to God opinion. If you actually need to take any kind of professional course, then do so from a well recognized and accredited institution, and not from some road side business enterprise looking to make ends meet.

PushCV is tested, trusted and accredited home and abroad.

Any certification from them is legitimate and will open doors for you.

What's more, you can take their courses from anywhere you are and at anytime because it is online and at your own pace.

To enjoy the full benefits of PUSHCV, subscribe for their premium package... It is highly affordable. It costs less than #5000.

Here's the link if you need to begin a certified program NOW: /2uVtUMs

You are welcome!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How NYSC Extorts Billions Of Naira From Corpers / Batch B PCMs Keeping Vigil To Wait For NYSC Portal For Registration In Uyo / Alawe Increment How True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.