Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos (81163 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) / Ikeogu Oke Wins 2017 Nlng Prize For Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by ChangeIsCostant: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Here are photos from the formal presentation of the $100,000 (over N36million) NLNG prize for Literature to the erudite poet, Ikeogu Oke at Muson Centre, Lagos on Wednesday. Prolific writer, poet and journalist, Ikeogu Oke, rocked an unusual attire as he was awarded for winning the 2017 edition of the Nigerian Prize for Literature, with his “The Heresiad’’, after an intensive process of adjudication.

Meanwhile, president Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Ikeogu Oke, for the award.

President Buhari commended Oke’s passion and commitment to lifting the genre of poetry in the country; an art that many shy away from due to the required discipline and focus, reflective thinking and unique style of writing.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/ikeogu-oke-winner-of-nlng-sponsored-the-nigeria-prize-for-literature-for-his-book.html

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
REPRESENTING CULTURE

402 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by eezeribe(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
OK
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by eezeribe(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
IFNOTGOD:
REPRESENTING CULTURE
I hope he also wrote the essay in the language of his culture...
I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...

341 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by gratiaeo(m): 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good for him
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by tooth4tooth: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good one there. Proud of his cultural heritage,proud of being a black man

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by BeardedMeat(m): 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

I hope the fabrics and materials he is using to represent his culture are products of his culture...
I hope the computer or pen and paper he used in writing the essay are products of his culture...
While other continents are advancing in science and technology,Africa is still obsessed with culture and religion...
What's this one saying abeg? sad

520 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Henry22(m): 8:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

bad belle kill you dia

417 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by georjay(m): 8:38pm On Feb 09, 2018
ikeogu
Nice one

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by pol23: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
The first African man not suffering from inferiority complex.

165 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Henry22(m): 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

ODE

345 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by buffalowings: 8:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
This one wey I no get money to buy new books.

I would have loved to get one of your books

Anyway, gen.lib.rus.ec has always been my help.

Right now I'm reading Gomorrah

Op you no try o
Which other books has he written?

11 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by BIGTinfotech: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
cheesy cheesy Dude is prolific indeed cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Efewestern: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Trash

The man is proud of his root, you are here typing gilbrish.

272 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by sanbells(f): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
He's proud of his culture. He's not ashamed of it. Real african..

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by maxiuc(m): 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
I love this guy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by nwabobo: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
For the culture.

3 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by helphelp: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
Awesome writer

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by kokakola: 8:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
Some people sabi book sha.
Chai! Tartty Cis Billion Indy Akant!
I salute the prolific writer.
Oya goan start a good business.
If na Oga Rukewe now, he go, go Play two Odds for Bet9ja shop and win 78 Million.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by doingood: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
Afonjas will not like this

10 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by SoNature(m): 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

Shvt that trap! Acquiring knowledge doesn't mean he should discard his culture.

After all the Arabs are doing so well in next-gen technology and architectural designs but they still maintain their culture - both in dressing and laws

Dunno why Africans are their own biggest cultural critics

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
coolebux:
We're fully represented by our own
Igbo amaka

And for the ||| wailers of the Waste
You can now come and kill yourselves

Y should they kill themselves u pathetic ethnic prick?
Didn't one of them win a nobel prize for literature in 1984?
Stay quiet and be humble on dis forum

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by holytribe(m): 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
BeardedMeat:
What's this one saying abeg? sad

He is saying the fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by ekesimo(m): 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
Igbo Amaka

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by jashar(f): 8:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
grin
Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by grafixdon: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
I designed that banner. Grafixdon

2 Likes

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by EasterDell: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
Plz help me define culture?

... Let's just say he is drawing attention and catching fun!

IFNOTGOD:
REPRESENTING CULTURE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
eezeribe:

So he should just throw away his culture and pretend that he's western? What Are u saying? India and China are leading the world in technology and they speak their language and wear their attire with pride.
What kind of inferiority complex is this?

76 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maria: The Sequel / The Marked: In The Spectral Existence (A Stand-alone Fantasy Fiction Novella) / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.