Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) (36219 Views)

Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff / INEC Office Set Ablaze In Rivers State (SEE PHOTOS) / Jewish Community Storms Nnamdi Kanu’s House In Abia State. See Why. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by HORLADSTAR(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
This is why we all have to vote buhari out of the government in 2019.it was only in nigeria that the masses Pay electric bills that they didn't consume....prepaid meter is the best.
# Horladstar Cares
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Meajor(m): 6:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Since when out area guys pour fuel for ladder after d official been climb up, dey no dey come cut light again oh.... Na so dem dey call for meeting upan down....
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by ZorGBUooeh: 6:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
Fashola give us prepaid meter angry
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by genius43(m): 6:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
They give people on estimated billing in my area N11,100. Thank God for prepaid meters we don't spend above 3k a month
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by ollyboy009(m): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
jarrot:
Nairalanders please help me make a decision, a 4.5KVA gen of about 100K or an inverter of same amount thou it might not be strong enough to power my fridge which is better? I am tired of PHCN
Thanks
100k can only get you a 1.2kva inverter with 100ah deep cycle battery. Although that can power you for for 5hrs on full charge provided that you reduce your load to 200watts max.

Generator will be more expensive over time due to maintenance cost and fueling.

Verdict, go for an inverter and increase ur battery overtime.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by onyxo76(m): 6:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
my area falls under ibadan disco but the 23.09 per kilowatt is actually wrong,its now 24.9 from january this year, i spend an average of 6-7k monthly using pre paid meter.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by onyxo76(m): 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
ollyboy009:

100k can only get you a 1.2kva inverter with 100ah deep cycle battery. Although that can power you for for 5hrs on full charge provided that you reduce your load to 200watts max.

good one, i got a 1.4 kva inveter with 200ah battery just 2 days ago for 170k, works for about 7 hours fully loaded.

1 Like

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by millionaireman: 6:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
ENUGU DISCO needs to relinquish the DISCO to a humane business men.

ENUGU DISCO supplies scanty or no electricity per month but survives on the monthly Community levies it charges communities in the east.

One wonders how this monumental corruption can be ignored by the federal government with a mantra of anti-corruption.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by ruffDiamond: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
ZOO ELECTRICITY...
rawbish
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Troublemaker007(m): 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
Discharge:
Free to air

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by tosyne2much(m): 6:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
[i] My landlord altered the meter so that it will read slowly. We don't pay more than N2, 500 per month with about 18 hours electricity daily cheesy

Personally, I don't pay more than N500 monthly cheesy
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by clemzo101(m): 6:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
U are just a clown aswear. We are all comedians in this country
LastSurvivor11:
Our bill was usually hovering around 6k/7k until nepa saw that we bought a new car..
I don't need to tell you what happened subsequent months until I decided not to be parking the car in our compound grin

1 Like

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by millionaireman: 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
PAYING FOR WHAT YOU DID NOT CONSUME - IT'S BITTER.

BUT THAT'S WHAT SOME DISCOS DO TO NIGERIANS; THE FEDERAL GOVT PRETENDS THAT IT'S NOT AWARE OF THE CRIME BY THOSE DISCOS.

AND THIS IS AN ANT-CORRUPTION SLOGAN GOVT.

WHAT DOES IT TAKE THIS BUHARI'S SO-CALLED ANTI-CORRUPTION GOVT TO GIVE A DEADLINE TO ALL THESE DISCOS TO STOP CHARGING COMMUNITY LEVIES, BUT PROVIDE PREPAID METERS TO EVERY CONSUMER?
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by jarrot(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
ollyboy009:

Thanks, I really appreciate your response.
can the 1.2KVA power up a fridge for the said 5hrs?
hope I won't have problems if I increase my battery overtime without increasing the capacity of the inverter.
thanks!
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by skales67(m): 6:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
That one concern Una. Me I'm flexing 24hr electricity. All thanks to the abandoned solar panel I took from an abandoned borehole project plus 2 lorry alkaline batteries and an inverter constructed for me in Onitsha. The only thing wey e no dey power na my fridge. But TV, decoders, fan (as per heat) na sure
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by TrendyP(m): 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
This is the old tarrif .
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by juchifroot: 6:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
how many days light can 1000 units give me?
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by juchifroot: 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
how many days light can 1000 units get me
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by akigbemaru: 6:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
nairametrics:
The Federal Government in January 2016, introduced new electricity tariffs raising rates by a whopping 40%. The government explained that this was necessary to ensure investments into the sector is sustained as no one will put down money for tariffs that are not cost-reflective (enough to cover your cost and help them make some profit).

With the 40% tariff increase, household light bills went up triggering a rise in inflation rate throughout 2016. Even though most reports indicate tariffs rose by 40%, electricity tariff is not the same across board.

You actually get to pay higher in some states compared to others. The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, explained that the reason for the disparate tariff was due to the rate of losses associated with different regions in the country. Regions with the high losses typically incur higher tariffs.

To put things into better perspective, we will assume a regular household that consumes 1000 units of electricity per month. This is a household that has 3 AC’s, a deep freezer and Fridge, LCD or LED TV’s, Electric Cooker and a washing machine.

Here is how much you pay for electricity in your state

Abuja Disco

Type of house – Bungalow or Flat

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2)– ₦24.3

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦24,300

Type of house – Mini Estate or Bungalow but have dedicated 500kv transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3)– ₦46.23

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦46,230

Type of House – Big Estate or Bungalow but have our/my own Transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4) – ₦46.23

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦46,230

Benin Disco

Type of house – Bungalow or Flat

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2s)– ₦24.08

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦24,080

Type of house – Duplex with Triple Phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2T)– ₦24.45

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦24,450

Type of house – Mini Estate or Bungalow but have dedicated 500kv transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3)– ₦38.56

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦38,560

Type of House – Big Estate or Bungalow but have our/my own Transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4) – ₦38.56

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦38,560

Enugu Disco
Type of House- Bungalow or Flat with single Phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2S)- ₦27.13

Amount based on 1,000 units- ₦27,130

Type of House- Bungalow or Duplex with Triple Phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2T)- ₦27.13

Amount based on 1,000 units- ₦27, 130

Type of house-Mini Bungalow or Estate with a 500kv transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3)- ₦45.40

Amount based on 1,000 units- ₦45,400.

Type of house – Large Bungalow or Estate with Dedicated transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4)- ₦43.19

Amount based on 1,000 units- ₦43,190

Ibadan Disco
Type of House- Bungalow or Flat

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2)- ₦23.09

Amount based on 1,000 units – ₦23,090

Type of House- Mini Estate with a dedicated 500kv transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3)- ₦41.31

Amount based on 1,000 units- ₦41,310

Type of House- Large Bungalow or Estate with dedicated transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4)- ₦41.31

Amount based on 1,000 units- ₦41, 310

Jos Disco
Type of House- Bungalow or flat

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2)- ₦26.93

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦26,930

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3)- ₦43.91

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦43,910

Type of House- Estate with dedicated transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4)- ₦43.91

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦43,910

Kaduna Disco
Type of House- Flat or Bungalow with a single phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2-ST) – ₦26.37

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦26,370

Type of House: Bungalow or Duplex with triple phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2-TP)- ₦28.05

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦28,050

Type of House: Small bungalow or Estate with dedicated transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3)- ₦42.74

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦42,740

Type of House: Large Bungalow or Estate with dedicated transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4)- ₦45.76

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦45,760

Kano Disco
Type of House- Bungalow or Flat

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2A)- ₦20.26

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦20,260

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2B)- ₦26.41

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦26,410

Type of House: Bungalow or mini estate with 500 KVA transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3) ₦38.38

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦38,380

Type of House: Bungalow or large estate with several transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4) ₦38.38

Amount based on 1000 units-₦38,380

Ikeja Disco
Type of House: Flat or Bungalow Single phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2SP) ₦21.30

Amount based on 1000 units- ₦21,300

Type of House: Bungalow or Duplex with Triple Phase

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2TP) ₦21.80

Amount based on 1000 units: ₦21,800

Type of House: Bungalow or mini estate with dedicated 500kva transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3): ₦36.49

Amount based on 1000 units: ₦36,490

Type of House: Big Estate or Bungalow with several transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour: ₦36.92

Amount based on 1000 units: ₦36,920

Port Harcourt Disco
Type of House: Bungalow or Flat

Rate per kilowatt hour (R2): ₦24.91

Amount based on 1000 units: ₦24,910

Type of House: Bungalow or Mini Estate with a dedicated 500kva transformer

Rate per kilowatt hour (R3): ₦48.35

Amount based on 1000 units: ₦48,350

Type of House: Bungalow or Big estate with several transformers

Rate per kilowatt hour (R4): ₦48.35

Amount based on 1000 units: ₦48,350

READ MORE: https://nairametrics.com/here-is-how-much-you-pay-as-electricity-in-each-state/

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by laydoh(m): 6:58pm On Feb 10, 2018
Sh!t,if u lyk,increase it to 70%,i sha knw say we no dey pay for ma own house.i sha op say dia oga at d top no dey nairaland.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by RealGucci: 6:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
drom 2k
my estimated bill is now 24k.
i dey kukuma pay 4k.
if dem like make dem write 500k
na 4k i go atill pay
i need prepaid meter badly
how can i get it
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by adorh(f): 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
Luxuryconsult:
hapi bday
thanks a lot
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by RealGucci: 7:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
am at ibada n
how can i get a prepaid meter
anytime i see d white and blue paper on my gate
i have heart attack
cause na alwayz 25k 27k
yet e no fit carry pump and a/c
our light na 0.5hp
nawa o
onyxo76:
my area falls under ibadan disco but the 23.09 per kilowatt is actually wrong,its now 24.9 from january this year, i spend an average of 6-7k monthly using pre paid meter.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by samsard(m): 7:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
Our bill amounts to about 5k per month.
No average Nigerian will pay 20k for electricity alone.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by ollyboy009(m): 7:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
jarrot:

Thanks, I really appreciate your response.
can the 1.2KVA power up a fridge for the said 5hrs?
hope I won't have problems if I increase my battery overtime without increasing the capacity of the inverter.
thanks!
A small fridge consumes around 120watts on a continous operation, if you add a 30 watts small fan, 1 energy saving bulb and a laptop, the batteries will still take you for 5hrs.

However, a 1.2kva inverter may not have surge capacity required to handle the initial power consumption of fridge wen you just put it on. I will suggest you try it though
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
I parked in into a new flat and was told the tenant who parked out from there wrote a letter to Nepa to disconnect and stop billing the house .which was done ,when i packed in I personally went to nepa office and told them to activate the house for normal billing which the agreed to do .my brother till now I have not heared from them....I hv been to there office in several occasions, still the have not done it....I managed to pay for like few months but the bill is bouncing back which means Nepa is owing me ......But one there official which is my friend after given like 3bottles of beer asked me to stop wasting my money until the activate. since then I have been enjoying free light....Some flats are paying 8k monthly but for me nothing for them
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by ollyboy009(m): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
onyxo76:
good one, i got a 1.4 kva inveter with 200ah battery just 2 days ago for 170k, works for about 7 hours fully loaded.
That means your load is around 300watt, for you to get 7hrs outa a 200ah battery. Thats a nice back up. far better than gen if you consider fueling and maintenance.

Welcome to the world of renewable energy bro!
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by jarrot(m): 7:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
ollyboy009:

A small fridge consumes around 120watts on a continous operation, if you add a 30 watts small fan, 1 energy saving bulb and a laptop, the batteries will still take you for 5hrs.

However, a 1.2kva inverter may not have surge capacity required to handle the initial power consumption of fridge wen you just put it on. I will suggest you try it though

I will make more research on this.
once again, I am grateful for your time. God bless!
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by sharks776(m): 7:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
onyxo76:

Bros lemme give u tips on how to maintain/sustain ur battery to last you longer. DON'T EVER RUN DOWN YOUR BATTERY MORETHAN 50% OR 30% WORST CASE IF want it to last longer. And don't let stay longer without recharging. Don't over charge (this is not a problem since most inverters come with inbuilt charge regulators
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by Speedo17(m): 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Solar generated electricity should be well researched as a substitute to this problem. We all have to adjust our lifestyle too. The DISCO companies didn't come to subsidize electricity for us.
Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by AreaFada2: 7:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
LastSurvivor11:
Our bill was usually hovering around 6k/7k until nepa saw that we bought a new car..
I don't need to tell you what happened subsequent months until I decided not to be parking the car in our compound grin
grin cheesy
Na electric car you buy wey dem see you dey charge am?

1 Like

Re: How Much You Pay As Electricity Bill In Your State (See List) by olaboy1: 7:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
I just got a glimpse of this below. When government makes such a blunder then I don’t think the guys in the affairs of this nation know what they are doing. We are in 2018 now and instead of 20,000MW we are struggling to produce 2000MW.

https://www.nairaland.com/1427843/fg-reassures-nigerians-20000mw-electricity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Condition Of Community Secondary School Ubima, Only School In Amaechi's Town / Police: Fulani Herdsman Entered Soyinka’s Compound To Search For Missing Cow / Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.