Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source (687 Views)

Meet 13-year Old Boy That Built School Website. / Is There An Open Source B2B Script? / How To Build Your Free Website Using Our Free Website Builder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 9:37am On Feb 10, 2018
Hello, my name is, Usang. I am a part time web developer who loves using my skills to create a better world around me. I recently developed a webscript which i think will be useful to any higher institution of learning that will need an online presence.
While developing this project withe powerful CodeIgniter PHP framework, i took my time to add the features a typical higher institution website will need. Some of the features of the script in this beta version are:
1. Roles: create unlimited roles easily and and assign staff to a specific role.
2. Staff: add and edit staff profile easily from the admin.
3. News: publish and manage news items from the admin. This is a wonderful feature for informing visitors and students about school activities.
4. Pages: create unlimited pages like "about us" , "our history", etc.
5. Feedback: this feature enables the admin to receive feedbacks from visitors of the school portal.
6. Posts: add extra information that are not appropriate for pages with posts.

1 Like

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 9:54am On Feb 10, 2018
I intended adding other features but my school schedules won't allow me. Other features in the script's beta version are:
1. An easy installation process. Just download and point your browser to http://yourwebroot/index.php/installer/run . Easy!
8. Pretty URLs like www.yourschoolsitename.com/index.php/about_us to read about your school.
9. And lots more!
I will upload a demo version for viewing purpose soonest. But if you are a good web developer with a knowledge of CodeIgniter, i urge you to join me let's make the script better by adding more features.
Please do not call me demanding for a download link. I will post it here soon. If interested as an OOP PHP developer experienced in CodeIgniter to join me, please call: 07014509524.

1 Like

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by Mindgames: 10:28pm On Feb 15, 2018
LaiveNg:
Hello, my name is, Usang. I am a part time web developer who loves using my skills to create a better world around me. I recently developed a webscript which i think will be useful to any higher institution of learning that will need an online presence.
While developing this project withe powerful CodeIgniter PHP framework, i took my time to add the features a typical higher institution website will need. Some of the features of the script in this beta version are:
1. Roles: create unlimited roles easily and and assign staff to a specific role.
2. Staff: add and edit staff profile easily from the admin.
3. News: publish and manage news items from the admin. This is a wonderful feature for informing visitors and students about school activities.
4. Pages: create unlimited pages like "about us" , "our history", etc.
5. Feedback: this feature enables the admin to receive feedbacks from visitors of the school portal.
6. Posts: add extra information that are not appropriate for pages with posts.

Your contact details please. I would like to discuss a remote role with you. Thanks.
Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 6:30am On Feb 16, 2018
Mindgames:

Your contact details please. I would like to discuss a remote role with you. Thanks.
Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 9:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
Some screenshots of the project from my smart phone web development app... 1. You can add staff with this view page!

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 9:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
2. The red rectangle appears in the admin panel when a feedback is sent by a visitor!

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 9:43pm On Feb 16, 2018
3. You can manage your school staff with this view page!

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 9:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
4. What your school portal visitor sees when they've sent a message to the portal admin...

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 10:03pm On Feb 16, 2018
8. This is how your school departments display and you can view the details of a department by clicking the link...

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 10:35pm On Feb 16, 2018
Some links that will be shown on your portal sidebar. Note that some links are dynamic and some are not yet implemented in this current version.

Re: A School Website Builder Project To Be Launched As Open Source by LaiveNg: 11:03am On Feb 18, 2018
Easy settings management page on the admin panel... Very easy!

(1) (Reply)

Create A Free Android App And Monetize It / Call For 100 Lagos Interns For Digital Marketing Internship Program / Where Can I Check How Much Traffic A Site Gets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.