Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,470 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy (14166 Views)

My Boss Wants To Date Me. What Should I Do? / Signs & Way Out When Your Boss Wants To Sack You / Her Boss Wants To Sleep With Her. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by mayorall(m): 7:16am On Feb 12, 2018
Sorry bro,

The house she offered you worth 300-500k per annum.

How much is teacher's salary per year?...

You signed for it by accepting to live with her. If you are tired of it,

You can seek another job, but plan your new house rent with your salary.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by datola: 7:17am On Feb 12, 2018
Hmmm...
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by WorldRichest: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2018
You are living in her boy's quarters and you said that you are not her houseboy. Pls tell us what you are if not her maid. The moment you moved into her boy's quarters, you automatically becomes her houseboy/maid/gateman. Move out fast, don't let her get used to having office staff/houseboy.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Danchibez: 7:18am On Feb 12, 2018
Set up a boundary and get out from her house.
Don't quit a job without having another ready for u
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by MobilityExpress: 7:19am On Feb 12, 2018
Stop complaining! Man up and do the job. Life isn’t black and white, it’s grey.

1 Like

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by milliman(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:
I work in a private company in somewhere Lagos. I got this job after some months of desperate job hunt.

When I started this job in January 2017, I thought I would grow and get some promotions maybe within the shortest time frame. So I gave my all.

Now the problem is that my boss wants to engage me for 24 hours. She calls me anytime she feels like to process some documents and respond to clients' inquiries. Even at midnight and beyond. At first, I thought it was because of the pressure we faced during the season but this continued even as I type this.

I have tried to curtail this behavior of hers but she is not giving up.

The most annoying part of this is that whenever her children are given assignments in their schools, she would tell them to give it to me to solve for them without minding my personal schedule. Her children attends one of the best schools here in Lagos.

I have personally told her to respect my unofficial hours and avoid adding unofficial assignments to my job description but she wouldn't listen.

At a point, I tactically delayed the assignment for days and she started complaining that I am incompetent.

I have made up my mind to quit the job at any slightest opportunity but the role I play in the company is very critical that I can't just wake up one day and resign.

Though she rarely praises me, a couple of her friends have told me how she boasts of my competence and the innovations and values I have added to the company..

Note that three months into the job, she offered me a one bedroom flat at her boys quarters and I didn't hesitate to accept because the place is somewhat closer to the office than where I lived. And sometimes, I join her in the car to the office in the morning thereby saving some fare cost.

Please, I need all the ideas you can give me to handle the situation.

I see nothing wrong with you providing help for her with assignments she sha didnt say you should sweep the compound and mob, from what I see she just value your intelligence and you also have to take advantage of that also by asking for a raise or find some other ways to benefit for the extra hours you put it.. Dont even think of quitting that job because you will regret it... Keep going through the tunnel you never know what is at the end and dont come here complaining again like a snake

4 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by kelvinhilton(m): 7:21am On Feb 12, 2018
My candid advice, while till working under her, search for a job or better still save up some cash to start up a business. Mind you the this continues you gradually becomes a full time house boy, cause u will start washing her cars( if you have not started already). *DONT CALL IT A QUIT WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE*

1 Like

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:
I work in a private company in somewhere Lagos. I got this job after some months of desperate job hunt.

When I started this job in January 2017, I thought I would grow and get some promotions maybe within the shortest time frame. So I gave my all.

Now the problem is that my boss wants to engage me for 24 hours. She calls me anytime she feels like to process some documents and respond to clients' inquiries. Even at midnight and beyond. At first, I thought it was because of the pressure we faced during the season but this continued even as I type this.

The most annoying part of this is that whenever her children are given assignments in their schools, she would tell them to give it to me to solve for them without minding my personal schedule. Her children attends one of the best schools here in Lagos.

I have personally told her to respect my unofficial hours and avoid adding unofficial assignments to my job description but she wouldn't listen.

At a point, I tactically delayed the assignment for days and she started complaining that I am incompetent.

I have made up my mind to quit the job at any slightest opportunity but the role I play in the company is very critical that I can't just wake up one day and resign.

Though she rarely praises me, a couple of her friends have told me how she boasts of my competence and the innovations and values I have added to the company..

Note that three months into the job, she offered me a one bedroom flat at her boys quarters and I didn't hesitate to accept because the place is somewhat closer to the office than where I lived. And sometimes, I join her in the car to the office in the morning thereby saving some fare cost.

You caused everything yourself, can you remember the part you said she gave you a place to stay and you normally follow her to work like an houseboy. You didnt respect yourself at first. Their should be boundary between an employer and a worker, start putting that boundary and space and everything will change.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Offpoint: 7:22am On Feb 12, 2018
ZombieBuster:
Once you close work
Switch off your phone and make yourself unavailable

She will ask you later
Blame it on a flat battery and Nepa

Make it a norm
She will eventually get it and will surely survive
E be like you know get the part him talk sey na the woman boys quarter him dey stay
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by adexuxin(m): 7:22am On Feb 12, 2018
I can relate perfectly with this.
You will soon start going to local market to buy her cheap tomatoes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 7:23am On Feb 12, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
This one dey okay so?? ...Your boss likes you but you want to form like say na yesterday dem born you...

Quit your job for this Buhari time...make you understand the true meaning of suffering...just chill till 2019 when Buhari is no longer in office before you quit.

lol. na only you get sense for this thread. lol
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by aksule(m): 7:24am On Feb 12, 2018
Unless truly you have another job opportunity, don't play with lies. That apart, secure an accommodation and move out of the house. Meanwhile, be respectful and diligently carry on your duties with the best of your ability. Make yourself generally indispensable and eventually you will be sought after while on the look out for another job.

1 Like

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by bravolad(m): 7:24am On Feb 12, 2018
There's actually no reason to quit your job right now. Most one man businesses are like that. Employees are usually used by business owners to execute personal & unofficial schedules.

Ironically, you are being trained & toughened up for futures endeavours albeit the hard way. Endure it & offer the best you could. You may be surprised some of her highly placed friends may present you with a handsome opportunity when they see how good you are at what you do & the perceived injustice meted out to you.

I can understand why you accepted the accommodation but don't regret. I believe you are still in your formative years as an employee. While living in the apartment ensure you have good savings. After sometime, get another apartment and move out of the house. Apply for other jobs, when you do get a good and better offer, resign & move on but don't burn the bridges.

Lastly, don't threaten to resign when u have no offer insight as she may accept it & that creates a huge problem for you.

A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 12, 2018
Danchibez:
Set up a boundary and get out from her house.
Don't quit a job without having another ready for u
and OP should stop following his boss to work in her car. Paying for his own T-Fare or trekking to work won't hurt. He really needs that boundary.

2 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2018
pinnket:
Such happens when you set no standard for yourself at the initial stage..

Enjoy your housemanship bro..
OP got no self respect at all.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by edawg(m): 7:27am On Feb 12, 2018
Personally If that's your problem,I don't think you have one.You stated clearly that you searched for a job for a long time and finally got one with free accomodation,free ride and I guess free food atimes..my brother in this economy, you are doing well!!!...my advice is,be patient and don't take any drastic decision you will end up regretting.
Use your head,Think ahead.

3 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by MobilityExpress: 7:27am On Feb 12, 2018
milliman:

I see nothing wrong with you providing help for her with assignments she sha didnt say you should sweep the compound and mob, from what I see she just value your intelligence and you also have to take advantage of that also by asking for a raise or find some other ways to benefit for the extra hours you put it.. Dont even think of quitting that job because you will regret it... Keep going through the tunnel you never know what is at the end and dont come here complaining again like a snake

Very good post! It’s situations like this that separates boys from men. Men will see it as opportunity and continue working and building up themselves and building up character. But boys will see it as hell and be complaining because they are too shallow minded and impatient. Many of the billionaires controlling our economy today started from humble beginnings

5 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 12, 2018
Lionhearted:
Are you a 'he' and she liVed alone with her children?

Never ever accept accommodation from your boss, especially a female one.
You can't blame OP, OP couldn't resist the awoof offer.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 12, 2018
ekems2017:
Your boss likes you that is why she is doing all those things. Just try and be patient with her and you will gain at last. Although it can be so annoying some times but try and endure.

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by ITbomb(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2018
dlondonbadboy:
This one dey okay so?? ...Your boss likes you but you want to form like say na yesterday dem born you...

Quit your job for this Buhari time...make you understand the true meaning of suffering...just chill till 2019 when Buhari is no longer in office before you quit.
Exactly what I have been telling people, if you have something paying you, just forget starting any business for now till 2019

But I always wonder, why pay huge amount as school fees when your kids still can't do their homework by themselves

2 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by InvertedHammer: 7:32am On Feb 12, 2018
/
If she is a single mother, she is grooming you to be her husband. In a year or two, you will move into the main house. Hang in there.

\
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by milliman(m): 7:32am On Feb 12, 2018
MobilityExpress:

Very good post! It’s situations like this that separates boys from men. Men will see it as opportunity and continue working and building up themselves and building up character. But boys will see it as hell and be complaining because they are too shallow minded and impatient. Many of the billionaires controlling our economy today started from humble beginnings

Dont mind him nah small pikin dey do am.. SOmething that you will be the one to ask the kids do you have any assignments you cant solve or just start home lesson with them which you gonna be paid for omo this guy no sabi the opportunity wey dey knock him door sha thats why the poor will remain poor they complain about everything.. Omashey ooo

4 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by MobilityExpress: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2018
Many of the people shouting “boundary, boundary” here, OP ask yourself, will they employ you and pay you a decent salary with a comfy accommodation? If you decide to quit, before you quit, ask them now, and you will discover that your name is OYO! grin Be wise. Don’t let temporary emotions get the better of you.

6 Likes

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by jeeqaa7(m): 7:37am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:

You already turned yourself to the houseboy... Penny wise pounds foolish.. Be a man and decide what you want...

Abeg no disturb us.. We dey find 36million naira snake.. I hear sey the snake send lala text, meanwhile seun is now Apc's new PRO
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by philoedu(m): 7:46am On Feb 12, 2018
It does happen my dear, she find u exceptional, and you are not at fault either. But suggest to her to have a helping hand apart from you and listen what she has to say. Avoid any rash decision taken for now and do not be carried away by any negative outside influence. She count on you so much.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by lonelydora: 7:47am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:

Congratulations man...you are on your way to shagging that woman. She is stylishly giving you green light. Is she married?
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by VictorRomanov: 7:50am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:

Living close to your boss was your biggest undoing. Well, work is scarce these days. Just bear that in mind as you contemplate resignation.
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Lightening: 8:00am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:

The reason for the overuse is because you are more than a staff, you are a family member. Solution: Quit that accommodation!
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2018
Spiritfun:

You love to be enslaved nah........ After all said and done, she offers you to live with her and you accepted it, because rent is free, transportation is free, some food is probably free too.......

Keep enjoying this relationship with your Boss. Remember the moment you quit, 30 people would be applying for the same job.......

1 Like

Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by Basseybruce: 8:09am On Feb 12, 2018
greatnaija01:
first, MOVE OUT
second, get a private line she will never have access to
third, GET SICK and see if she wont continue without u
fourth, start a business during your "sick time" off
fifth, NEVER complain again rather just SMILE.
sixth give her ONE MONTH notice that you got another "FICTICIOUS JOB" somewhere far and you would have to resume in a month's time with DOUBLE SALARY.

7th.... Watch how fast he attitude will change in that one month and how she will make compromises to suit you

LASTLY.... dont bug at her compromise.... RUN FOR YOUR LIFE.
Wow! Thumbs-up
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by AuroraB(f): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2018
[right][/right]
ZombieBuster:
Once you close work
Switch off your phone and make yourself unavailable

She will ask you later
Blame it on a flat battery and Nepa

Make it a norm
She will eventually get it and will surely survive
Is the light in the main building not gonna be same in the BQ
Even if complains of battery problem, the kids would be sent to fetch him embarassed sad
Nwa mmadu atago afufu grin
Re: Help!! His Boss Wants To Turn Him To A House Boy by OlujobaSamuel: 8:22am On Feb 12, 2018
lol, na you cuz am abeg.
I once travelled to site with my boss, we left the site very late(8pm), met serious traffic along the road that delayed our journey till about 11pm outside lagos, my boss said Sammy, will you come pass the night at my place, I just smiled, na him even replied himself, lagos boi, you go reach hpuse tonight abi, i said yes oo.
You have to set your limit irrespective of how big or small your pay is, know when you are crossing the line so you know how to step back.
I cant live with my boss, it's a no no, even if there is no house chores to help with, you will have so much idle time to discuss irrelevances instead for you to rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Accountants: ACCA, ICMA Or ICAN. / Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Today? / Why You Should Take Industrial Training Serious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.