Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,193 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story (6020 Views)

Amaka The Lesbian.. / The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story / The Genesis (A Flash Fiction Story By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story by magazineguy(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2018
I live in a society filled with hypocrisy and pretense. A society that choose to measure morality but lack the morale to measure it; I choose to become me – to say yes to being me. Trailing back with chains and shocks all, I am now smiling at the new me; a new me of acceptance and of love. This is me and this is what I ought to become – A Lesbian Story.

The colourful lights were all over the corners and the speaker was like a boom-boom explosive sound to the latest songs. It was Vicky’s birthday party and we her friends were here to support her. I was giving her all the winks and smiles she deserves. Vicky and I had knew each other since childhood (though her parents never supported our friendship and used any opportunity they had to separate us but we only became closer – she lost her parents years later to a car accident). Vicky wasn’t gay but she supported our likes.

Her man who I was forced to like was here laughing loudly as Vicky was giving him a lap dance. She danced towards me.

‘Don’t you want to dance? Come here.’ She shouted, laughing.

I laughed too. ‘Your man is by the corner.’

‘Really so you don’t want to dance then? It’s fine. Keep looking at me then.’

But she was dancing to me and I drank my liquor, nodding in approval. I think I need a lap dance too. I thought.

Someone was banging on my door. I checked the time it was 5am, I had left the Vicky’s party after she drove off with her man. I was so exhausted and getting up from here was the last thing on my mind.

Another bang!

‘Who is that?‘ I yelled.

‘Mira, it’s me.‘

It took me a sec to fly to the door and open.

‘What happened Vicky?‘

She was almost in tears.

‘What happened to your eyes? Your face is swollen.’

She shook her head. ‘We had an argument’

‘And he did this to you? On a day you are suppose to be happy? Seriously, I don’t know. . . . .’

‘Just let me rest, I don’t want to hear anything now.‘

‘I’m sorry’ I apologized.

I offered her a cup of tea as she lay on the bed.

‘Thank you’. She said.

‘You’re welcome.’ I smiled and watched her drink.

‘Maybe you should go to work from here. I could go to your place and bring some clothes‘ I offered.

‘Thank you but no‘ she said, ‘That bastard would not dare come to my place.’

I sighed. This was the second time he was hitting her and some flowers and a date would take her back to his arms as usual.

I was driving out to buy food stuffs. It was raining but I was determined to cook today, I wasn’t about to spend money on food delivery and this evening was the perfect time to shop for foodstuffs.

My phone rang.

‘Hey babe’

‘Mira I know you might think I am stupid but this box of cakes and this beautiful jewelry on my wrist now that Nathan bought me just. . . .. ‘

‘Are you being serious now?’

‘I know. . . He was just so sweet and he apologized. He sat outside my door and waited for hours till I opened the door . . . .‘

‘You are confused’ I said, shaking my head. ‘That guy is going to hit you again.’

‘I don’t want to talk about that Mira. That’s past now and this is now’

‘Okay, Alright.’

‘Where are you now?‘

‘Well, I am driving to the mall, I need to get foodstuffs.’ I said.

‘Wait? Are you driving and calling?’

‘No ma’m. I just parked my car to answer your call.’

‘Oh, that’s a relief. So what are you cooking?

‘Why don’t you come over at my place tonight and find out yourself‘ I said, laughing.

She laughed too. ‘Okay.’

I drove into the mall, I noticed a girl waiting outside obviously annoyed being under the rain with an umbrella that could barely cover her. I took my time to buy everything I would need and rushed inside my car to avoid being wet by the rain. The girl was still standing outside.

‘Hello. Are you waiting for someone?’

‘I am waiting for a cab‘ she replied.

‘Where are you going? It’s raining and I don’t think you would find a cab sooner.’

‘I am going across the third street.‘

‘Oh come in. Let me drop you then’

She was obviously relieved and got in.

‘Thank you’ she said.

‘You’re welcome. By the way I’m Mira.’

‘Oh, I am Laura.‘

‘Nice name’ I complimented.

‘Is this the way you dress?’ She asked, amused.

I smiled. ‘Yes. You like the Tom-boy kind of look?‘

‘Maybe. I have a friend who dresses like this too but she is out of the country now.‘

‘Really?’

My phone vibrated, I quickly scanned through the text, it was from Vicky – she cancelled coming over. She was sleeping over at Nathan’s place.

I sighed.

‘Is everything okay?’

‘Oh, yes it is. Sorry, that was my bestie. She just cancelled coming over’

‘Oh, was that why you went to buy these foodstuffs? You know what? I can come cook with you just to say thank you’

‘Really?’ I smiled. ‘It’s fine but I don’t think it is necessary, besides, you need to go home, take a hot shower and change your wet dress.’

‘I stay with a friend and home is still locked till 9pm. I forgot my keys’

‘Are you serious?’ I laughed.

She laughed too. ‘I should come. I just made another new friend today.’

The rain was now heavier as I drove into the compound. I went into my room and brought a big over all T-shirt and turned on the heater.

‘Wear this when you aer done. I would be in the kitchen’ I offered Laura.

‘Thank you’

We chatted and laughed throughout and after eating the delicious soup, we continued our chat.

‘So tell me about your friend?’

‘Oh, you mean Vicky?’

She nodded.

‘We have been friends since childhood, though her parents her late. She is a strong but open- minded person, sometimes she could be very silly but she’s smart. And I like her alot. She works at a printing firm, maybe if you have some works you want to do, I could give her your number, so she can make for you.’

Laura laughed. ‘Wow, that’s nice. You guys started way back.’

‘So tell me about you?’

‘I just moved into town recently after completing my diploma. I work at a cosmetic store. It’s quite hard but we are struggling through.’

‘It’s okay. .. .’

‘Ouch’ She cried.

‘What is it?’

‘You left a pin here. Oh my, there’s blood on my finger.’

I rushed to bring some antiseptic and started treating her cut. Then I looked at her and smiled. She smiled back and just as a night imagination, I caressed through her.

‘You should go home’ I said as we fell asleep side by side.

source; http://tushmagazine.com.ng/lesbian-story-became-pass/

1 Like

Re: A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story by Slimberry123(f): 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
Front seat occupied. Nice story. Following back to back..
Cc
Divepen1, ghostwritter, souloho19, chumzypinky, queenite, AryEmber, kimkardashain comman read story ooo

1 Like

Re: A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story by agohmamuda(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Slimberry123:
Front seat occupied. Nice story. Following back to back..
Cc
Divepen1, ghostwritter, souloho19, chumzypinky, queenite, AryEmber, kimkardashain comman read story ooo

there's a link below the post, follow the link and read there. Already finished reading the story.

1 Like

Re: A Lesbian Story (How It Became To Pass) – A Fiction Story by Slimberry123(f): 4:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
agohmamuda:

there's a link below the post, follow the link and read there. Already finished reading the story.
Thankz

(1) (Reply)

End Of The Road (a Novel) Chapter 1 / R.I.P Psalmwise / Guilty Pleasures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.