Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There (36776 Views)

Is It True That Jehovah Witness People Have Their Own Bible? / Why Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Most United And Peaceful Religion In The World / How The Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Better Christians Than The Rest Of Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
I didn't shut him up. He has been up on this for 18 hours. Give him a break and do not be harsh on him. Be a good keeper of your brother.
Hairyrapunzel:

You love shutting people up and threatening them for their contrary views. FYI this is not imaginary paradise earth where only the Governing body's view is allowed. This is the real and present earth where all views are allowed.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Do you want them to give the money to you? Why are you envious of someone success. one pastor says "control your jealousy'. Do you think that he is right?
Hairyrapunzel:

They had money to build Warwick. They got money from the sale of their old headquarters which their members built free of charge.
Money that they guilt trip people into donating. Mtchewww
Where did you get the blasphemy in the bolded?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
mtngloetiartel:
[url][/url]https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/2016-yearbook/highlights/literature-displays-and-carts/#?insight[search_id]=2ee28c89-e308-4ddb-a0f0-21de013ca082&insight[search_result_index]=4

So answering the question if early Christians sat down close to carts full of magazines to mean preaching publicly has become a problem.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Saudi Arabia awaits this sort of view. Do you love God enough to go there?
Hairyrapunzel:

This is the real and present earth where all views are allowed.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Do you want them to give the money to you? Why are you envious of someone success. one pastor says "control your jealousy'. Do you think that he is right?

But you are quick to castigate Christendom for using their the members money to build mansions. Your own that they coerced people to donate their money, time and sense so they can build Warwick Nko?
Remove the log in your eye before removing the spec in someone else's eye. Mtcheww

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Saudi Arabia awaits this sort of view. Do you love God enough to go there?
That's why your imaginary paradise earth is Saudi Arabia or north Korea na

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 10:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Bingo! Since you have identified the true religion, have you become a member? Are you trying to extricate yourself from
Catholicism? You never cease to amaze the audience watching your circus.

Now that you have discovered the true religion, the JW does not stop you from embracing it. What are the tenets of the Mormonic doctrine?

Since preaching the gospel from house to house makes you the true religion. I know Mormons preach from house to house too. So from your own analysis Mormonism is the true religion

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Does it make you feel better? Why did you add "hairy" to Rapunzel? Why make an innocent girl scary like a cartoon for the demons?
Hairyrapunzel:

Since preaching the gospel from house to house makes you the true religion. I know Mormons preach from house to house too. So from your own analysis Mormonism is the true religion

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 10:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Is Saudi Arabia or North Korea the worst place on the planet? You are being disrespectful of the country and that is not nice. Learn some respect here, bro.
Hairyrapunzel:

That's why your imaginary paradise earth is Saudi Arabia or north Korea na

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
Is this a Bible verse? Where can we find this in the Bible?

What aspect of the Mormonic doctrines do you find most intriguing?
Hairyrapunzel:

Remove the log in your eye before removing the spec in someone else's eye. Mtcheww
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 10:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
oteneaaron:

This is deep. But as I mentioned in an earlier thread, don't hate on the witnesses, you can't really blame them.

JWs in general are sincere people who really want to worship and find peace in God.

The hope of living forever on earth (even if not in heaven), the brotherhood, and the peace they experience , are enough reasons to be protective of what they hold dear - their faith.

It's only unfortunate that they pay more allegiance to the 7 men at Warwick.

So send all your angst to the leaders....it is them who are straying the sheep of God astray.

Just pray that they experience the Love, Mercy and Grace of Jesus, and realize truly, that - the only way to Life is thru JESUS. Not thru a "faithful slave"

Cheers!!
I understand your point. You know them very well
The thing is that I don't understand how people will boldly make certain statements and not feel any slight remorse. The organization has taken compassion, empathy and conscience away from it's followers.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Hairyrapunzel: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:
Is Saudi Arabia or North Korea the worst place on the planet? You are being disrespectful of the country and that is not nice. Learn some respect here, bro.

That means your paradise is worse than these countries.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Ever8054: 11:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
removetheturban:

Bro, are we supposed to feel sorry for you that you have no pride in your own beliefs or your God? No one stops you from priding in your religion. As for the JW, we pride in our God, Jehovah and we bear his name.
God so kind you did not claim to have sponsored the publishing of the publications. Well, if you have the energy, why not get into the publishing of expository materials?
Well, why not do it and prove your point instead of supposing? Bro, how many persons have you helped to convert to Christianity?
I study with jw and love there message but I dislike the way you attain to questions..give specific answers and not making it look as if you have done it b4 but the person has refused to accept...I was expecting you to attack him with proofs that jw are doing there best in those countries...come to think of it,if its true that your organization is preaching in Saudi or other Arabic countries,.can you tell me why cause i did like to know.. thanks
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Afonjanightmare(m): 11:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
Thanks be to the Great Adolf Hitler for reducing the population of these bastards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by marvin904(m): 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
goodnewscliff:
hmmmm....would save ur life by killing ur mom cos its d only option some cases are really serious dan u knw....Jehovah law comes first b4 our life itself.....jesus says who saves his life will loose it......who looses it for his sake will get everlasting life.....we all will die someday....we dnt get to compromise even in d face of death....

what is this fool saying..
just be using Jesus to cover suicide..
and what has my mom got to do with this sense you nor wan get
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by DavidEsq(m): 12:05am On Feb 12, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Having a website that those hostile countries can access doesn't equate to you being on ground. Apostle Paul had no website, yet he approached difficult terrains to preach.

You claim JW are in every country except 3. Pls, give us addresses of their kingdom halls, especially in saudi arabia and pakistan. You claim you don't want your kingdom hall burnt that's why you don't go there. Do you know the amount of Churches that get burnt in the middle east all the time, especially during Christian festive periods? Has that stopped those Christians from building more?
I think the central point must not be missed by even the blind in dis forum. Wats the center point of building a church? In order for ppl to congregate. That is completely different from preaching or spreading the good news. Now if dat can be done, without the risk of burning down a church, why be the foolish one, den? Wat did Jesus say about the modality of preaching? Matthew 10:11 say "into wateva city u enter, search out deserving ones and stay (which is equivalent to build) there until u leave". Matthew 10:14 then says "wherever anyone does not receive u or listen to ur words, on going out of that house or city, shake the dust off ur feet". Jesus didn't say "stay there and manage the place".
D Apostles whom u claim to know so much about, did dis in Pisidian Antioch. There is a difference between building a church (staying there after preaching and being accepted to establish a congregation) and preaching. If deserving ones happen to surface later on, wld u build a Kingdom Hall for just 5 ppl, wen u can conduct their bible study online? Dat a Kingdom Hall is not in these countries, doesn't mean preaching doesn't take place there. It does. However in snippets and in a very discreet way.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 4:21am On Feb 12, 2018
removetheturban:

Do you really even know what blasphemy means? Are you now equating yourselves to the God and the Holy Spirit?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 4:24am On Feb 12, 2018
removetheturban:
Does it make you feel better? Why did you add "hairy" to Rapunzel? Why make an innocent girl scary like a cartoon for the demons?

Why focus on his moniker rather than answer his questions? Is this attitude of yours not a micro manifestation of your organization's larger scale attitude of always attacking other Christians rather than focus purely on spreading the gospel?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by alBHAGDADI: 4:25am On Feb 12, 2018
DavidEsq:

I think the central point must not be missed by even the blind in dis forum. Wats the center point of building a church? In order for ppl to congregate. That is completely different from preaching or spreading the good news. Now if dat can be done, without the risk of burning down a church, why be the foolish one, den? Wat did Jesus say about the modality of preaching? Matthew 10:11 say "into wateva city u enter, search out deserving ones and stay (which is equivalent to build) there until u leave". Matthew 10:14 then says "wherever anyone does not receive u or listen to ur words, on going out of that house or city, shake the dust off ur feet". Jesus didn't say "stay there and manage the place".
D Apostles whom u claim to know so much about, did dis in Pisidian Antioch. There is a difference between building a church (staying there after preaching and being accepted to establish a congregation) and preaching. If deserving ones happen to surface later on, wld u build a Kingdom Hall for just 5 ppl, wen u can conduct their bible study online? Dat a Kingdom Hall is not in these countries, doesn't mean preaching doesn't take place there. It does. However in snippets and in a very discreet way.
You claim there are no Kingdom halls in those places cos JW fear they will be burnt, but preaching takes place there. How can the JW style of house to house preaching take place in a country that doesn't want to hear the gospel and are eager to burn Churches and Christians? The questions i, how many JW kingdom halls have been burnt in those places? Why should the cost of building again bother you when you boast of being 8 million JW? Will the provision of the money be too hard for your 8 million members?

Every place where the Apostles were killed today, you will find that those places still have Churches standing. If the other disciples were to reason like JW, Christianity won't have had a solid footing there. Paul was killed in Rome, today Christianity abounds there.

Just admit that the only presence you have in hostile countries is an online presence. And do give credit to those who endure it all and are actually on ground despite persecution to ensure Christianity is established in hostile grounds.

The

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by alBHAGDADI: 4:26am On Feb 12, 2018
removetheturban:
You are consumed by hatred and that is eating you up. If you sincerely want a conversation, JW welcome it. Personally, I encourage people who find delight in reading the scriptures. I will advise that you rest your heart for now. You might not realize it but you have exceeded the limit already. A wise man knows when to seek shelter from the sun. It appears to you like you are fighting a war, literally with your own self. No JW is willing to go the lent that you desire in your heart. It is not a physical battle, bro.

You can call yourself a Hero for today.

Go in your private, shut your door and pray to God for forgiveness. You have done enough. This is not the preaching that Jesus advised us to do. It would be wise to use the scriptures to explain your point of view next time. I understand your pain but do not take it too seriously.

You have still failed to address my points.

It is now clear that you are running away from them.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by mitchyy(f): 4:27am On Feb 12, 2018
Bestman111:
But pls I want to ask, is it in their constitution to carry bags? Can't they hold the bible in their hands?

Is it cool to leave your home holding a bible, magazines, books, pen, notepad, phone and some personal effects all in your hands while preaching from house to house?

This shouldn't be a question bro
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by mitchyy(f): 4:31am On Feb 12, 2018
PurplePatch:

My dear brother, thanks for your reply. I had honestly refused to grant that ignoramus an audience. No! not on a refreshing Sunday like this will I be wasting my time and resources on one attention seeking, confused and brain washed religious bigot. #GotBetaTinsToDo.

If you are a JW, this is totally wrong. Why insult someone simply because they hold a different view from ours? This is not how we are taught to behave. Even if the op insults us, you don't go insulting in return. Not nice at all. I know we are all imperfect and its not easy but let's apply what we learn
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by alBHAGDADI: 4:38am On Feb 12, 2018
Deadlytruth:

Why focus on his moniker rather than answer his questions? Is this attitude of yours not a micro manifestation of your organization's larger scale attitude of always attacking other Christians rather than focus purely on spreading the gospel?
He attacked the guy's monika so as to avoid addressing the point raised by the guy.

That dubious attitude of his has been pointed out severally.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by alBHAGDADI: 4:40am On Feb 12, 2018
mitchyy:

If you are a JW, this is totally wrong. Why insult someone simply because they hold a different view from ours? This is not how we are taught to behave. Even if the op insults us, you don't go insulting in return. Not nice at all. I know we are all imperfect and its not easy but let's apply what we learn
Pls, point out where the OP insulted you.

What you guys are simply experiencing is the bitter truth. Someone who lacks the spirit will find it annoying when told such to the extent of seeing it as an insult.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by mitchyy(f): 4:45am On Feb 12, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Pls, point out where the OP insulted you.

What you guys are simply experiencing is the bitter truth. Someone who lacks the spirit will find it annoying when told such to the extent of seeing it as an insult.

Read to understand not to attack pls. Its simple English I typed bro. Breathe in and out and read again.

I said.... "Even IF the op insults US.."

I see you've been awake for hours waiting for people to attack. Maybe you need to catch some sleep and wake up with a calmer mind to discuss. It'll help. Trust me. Don't make people see you as having a personal vendetta against witnesses. Argue your points calmly without getting unnecessarily angry over everything.

I woke up to attend to my baby so I'll check back later for any mention from you or others. But like I said, calm down.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 5:10am On Feb 12, 2018
removetheturban:
Is this a Bible verse? Where can we find this in the Bible?

What aspect of the Mormonic doctrines do you find most intriguing?

So you mean you have never come across Mathew 7:5 or that your organization believes as usual that it was not in the 'original' text?
Matt. 7:5 is the most referenced verse to denounce hypocrisy in modern day Christianity if you don't know.
Anyway, how could you have come across it when your organization bans you from doing your own personal study of the Bible and building an opinion independent of Awake or Watchtower contents so that you might not one day begin to challenge its traditional manipulative interpretations aimed at mind control?
Jesus Christ Himself made it clear that those who lack conviction founded on a deep personal knowledge of the scriptures are like houses which foundations are built on sand hence susceptible to being easily washed away by whatever apostate doctrine first blows like wind or falls like rain on them.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 5:19am On Feb 12, 2018
mitchyy:

Read to understand not to attack pls. Its simple English I typed bro. Breathe in and out and read again.

I said.... "Even IF the op insults US.."

I see you've been awake for hours waiting for people to attack. Maybe you need to catch some sleep and wake up with a calmer mind to discuss. It'll help. Trust me. Don't make people see you as having a personal vendetta against witnesses. Argue your points calmly without getting unnecessarily angry over everything.

I woke up to attend to my baby so I'll check back later for any mention from you or others. But like I said, calm down.

The bolded is rather a hypocritic utterance. The caustic contents of your magazines against other denominations have already left no one in doubt that JWs are actually the ones on a personal vendetta against other Christians.

You accuse him of being awake for hours waiting for attacks? Since when has it become a crime or sin to sacrifice one's comfort in non violent defense of one's genuine convictions? Why focus on his zeal and tenacity rather than address his questions?

Are you trying to shut him up in a subtle manner by advising him to go and sleep?
Ironically you people cry "Persecution!" at the slightest perceived attempts of being shut up by the authorities, yet you are guilty of doing the same here using very subtle and seductive means.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 5:43am On Feb 12, 2018
mitchyy:

Is it cool to leave your home holding a bible, magazines, books, pen, notepad, phone and some personal effects all in your hands while preaching from house to house?

This shouldn't be a question bro

That is an outward form of religion which has no bearing on actual righteousness. Some denominations also dress in particular ways which to them are the standards of being approved by God as against conduct and inner purity. The holding of Bibles and magazines in hands all over public places is an outward show of religiosity which Jesus condemns. True Christians are supposed to be identified ONLY by very very pleasing godly conducts and the actual manifestation of God's supernatural powers and not by mere showy but mundane activities like holding magazines at motor parks, bus stops and market squares.
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 5:57am On Feb 12, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
You claim there are no Kingdom halls in those places cos JW fear they will be burnt, but preaching takes place there. How can the JW style of house to house preaching take place in a country that doesn't want to hear the gospel and are eager to burn Churches and Christians? The questions i, how many JW kingdom halls have been burnt in those places? Why should the cost of building again bother you when you boast of being 8 million JW? Will the provision of the money be too hard for your 8 million members?

Every place where the Apostles were killed today, you will find that those places still have Churches standing. If the other disciples were to reason like JW, Christianity won't have had a solid footing there. Paul was killed in Rome, today Christianity abounds there.

Just admit that the only presence you have in hostile countries is an online presence. And do give credit to those who endure it all and are actually on ground despite persecution to ensure Christianity is established in hostile grounds.

The

Kudos to you once again.
The guy even said that their online preaching can substitute for physical presence in those hostile lands. Then what were they substituting with donkey years before the invention of the internet? Who evangelizes the rural parts of those countries which are out of coverage? What of those living in the cities of those countries but too poor to afford data subscription constantly?
There is no way online preaching can really completely substitute for physical presence.
It is after the other denominations' current attempts to open up those countries through risky physical presence start yielding results that these fearful online preachers will storm the place and start telling the converts that it was a false religion they were made to accept.
May God forgive us.

1 Like

Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 6:29am On Feb 12, 2018
Verses in Luke chapter 10 say:

"Go! I am sending you like lambs among wolves. Don't take a purse or a beggar's bag or shoes..."

This means the disciples should not directly or indirectly beg unbelievers for financial assistance towards growing their ministry. But we see those who call themselves the only God approved organization begging unbelievers for financial contributions to the growth of their ministry through buying of their magazines. Is salvation at a cost? Funnily enough this denomination notorious for building their halls from funds solicited from unbelievers condemn other Christians who build their churches strictly from funds raised from among their congregations alone. Who is fooling who?

"....don't stop to greet anyone on the road.5 Whenever you go into a house, first say, ‘Peace be with this house.’ 6 If someone who is peace-loving lives there, let your greeting of peace remain on that person; if not, take back your greeting of peace. 7 Stay in that same house, eating and drinking whatever they offer you, for workers should be given their pay...."

This means on arrival at the target town they should first locate a house where there is a believer or potential believer ready to lodge and accommodate them for the duration of the exercise.

"Don't move around from one house to another."

Here is the specific instruction given in unequivocal terms against house to house preaching.

8.Whenever you go into a town and are made welcome, eat what is set before you, 9 heal the sick in that town, and say to the people there, ‘The Kingdom of God has come near you.’

This obviously means to speak the message to residents of the town as a public announcement which the other Christian Churches do today in the form of open air crusades accompanied with healings.

10.But whenever you go into a town and are not welcomed, go out in the streets and say, 11 ‘Even the dust from your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. But remember that the Kingdom of God has come near you!

What we see above is town, town, town and not individual houses. So where did this people get this house to house doctrine from?
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by switnpea: 6:42am On Feb 12, 2018
Jealousy is when some one thinks he knows what is right, and yet not doing it. And when they sees one doing the right thing they become UNNECESSARILY furious...
Re: Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There by Deadlytruth(m): 6:56am On Feb 12, 2018
switnpea:
Jealousy is when some one thinks he knows what is right, and yet not doing it. And when they sees one doing the right thing they become UNNECESSARILY furious...

Pride, arrogance and carnal mindedness is when one refuses to heed scripture-based corrections but terms it jealousy.
The Bible is against house to house preaching, so you can't claim you are doing the right thing by getting involved in it.
You either accept that you are wrong or prove us wrong with superior evidence from the same Bible. Is the Bible no longer our ultimate guide?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / People Kneel For Apostle Suleman In Kwara As He Commissions Bliss TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.