Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,401 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? (718 Views)

Why Setting An SMSF Is An Assurance Of Good Future After Retirement? / What Online Businesses Can I Invest 1000$ In? / How These 3 Businesses Can Change Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by mandmis007(m): 6:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
I am planning for an early retirement in the not too distant time, though I am in the mid forties. I work in one of the Federal Government Agency, I am becoming disenchanted and tired of the 8 to 5 thing that at the end it yields nothing for you after 60 years or 35 years in service.
Therefore, I am planning to retire early and go into business and I am thinking of relocating to Port Harcourt.
I am wondering the businesses that would be best to engage in.
I have a degree in economics and a masters in business administration.
I am from north central Nigeria.
Can nairalanders help in this noble desire so I can chart a direction?
Re: Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by CuriousX: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2018
mandmis007:
I am planning for an early retirement in the not too distant time, though I am in the mid forties. I work in one of the Federal Government Agency, I am becoming disenchanted and tired of the 8 to 5 thing that at the end it yields nothing for you after 60 years or 35 years in service.
Therefore, I am planning to retire early and go into business and I am thinking of relocating to Port Harcourt.
I am wondering the businesses that would be best to engage in.
I have a degree in economics and a masters in business administration.
I am from north central Nigeria.
Can nairalanders help in this noble desire so I can chart a direction?

I think you have to say how much Capital you have. As there are businesses with different capital requirements so that you can be advised based on what you have and not on what you don't have. By north Central you mean middle belt? If yes then consider bringing food stuff from there to port Harcourt as they have it in abundance and you can't go wrong with agriculture as people must eat everyday.

1 Like

Re: Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by mandmis007(m): 1:31am On Feb 11, 2018
CuriousX:

I think you have to say how much Capital you have. As there are businesses with different capital requirements so that you can be advised based on what you have and not on what you don't have. By north Central you mean middle belt? If yes then consider bringing food stuff from there to port Harcourt as they have it in abundance and you can't go wrong with agriculture as people must eat everyday.
Thanks so much, yes middle belt. I am proposing in the region of N6-8million for starters. It could be higher.
Re: Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by Godswillnwaoma(m): 8:37am On Feb 11, 2018
mandmis007:

Thanks so much, yes middle belt. I am proposing in the region of N6-8million for starters. It could be higher.
with such amount you can venture into haulage business by getting yourself a 6 tyres tipper truck and start supplying sands.

NB: drive it yourself
Re: Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by Lubumbashi: 9:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
with such amount you can venture into haulage business by getting yourself a 6 tyres tipper truck and start supplying sands.

Blessed sunday to you. I am interested in knowing more abt this biz. What is d turnover like? How much exactly do the truck cost? Apart from the truck(s), what else does one need? What locations are better for the biz? Thank you
Re: Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by mandmis007(m): 9:53am On Feb 11, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:

Somebody suggested real property devpt
Re: Which Businesses Can One Engage In Port Harcourt After Retirement? by DBS4lyf: 10:25am On Feb 11, 2018
I suggest agent banking in different location, call me for more info 08106337773

(1) (Reply)

Solve Your Business Problems Here | WMC Biz And Tech Blog / New In Town / Your Business Needs A Website, I Can Build A Professional And Affordable One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.