Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals (5967 Views)

Short Story Contest To Win Cash Prize — My New Year Eve In 200 Words / Decade Old Story Wins Gtbank’s Dusty Manuscript Contest / How Nigerian Authors Can Get The Best From Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by BrandSpurNG: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
Foremost African financial institution, Guaranty Trust Bank plc, has launched the Dusty Manuscript Contest to give budding writers the opportunity to win publishing deals for their finished, but yet-to-be-published, manuscripts. Organized in partnership with publishing houses Okadabooks and Farafina, the contest is part of the Bank’s YouREAD initiative which is aimed at promoting the culture of reading.

The Dusty Manuscript Contest is the latest in a long line of GTBank initiatives geared towards promoting the appreciation of Art and supporting creative potential. In 2017 the Bank remodeled the old Herbert Macaulay Library, Yaba into a state of the art learning and recreational facility that would give people in the community and beyond the opportunity to build capacity, gain exposure and connect with the world. The remodeled library has been the venue of regular book readings and art expositions organized under the YouREAD initiative.

With the Dusty Manuscript Contest, the Bank is seeking to address the challenges indigenous writers face getting their books published. The top 3 entries in the contest will be rewarded with publishing contracts with Farafina as well cash rewards. The top 10 entries will get their books e-published by Okadabooks, including book cover design, book editing, and publicity. The top 25 book authors will also get a 2-day boot camp training on writing, marketing, and branding.

The entries in the Dusty Manuscript Contest will be assessed by a panel of four judges which includes Eghosa Imasuen, the author of widely acclaimed novel, Fine Boys, and Yejide Kilanko, a poet and therapist in children’s mental health, Dr Ainehi Edoro-Glines, an Assistant Professor of English Language and Toni Kan, a writer and PR executive whose collection of short stories, Nights of a Creaking Bed, won the NDDC/Ken Saro Wiwa prize for literature.

Commenting on the Dusty Manuscript Contest, Mr Segun Agbaje, the Managing Director of Guaranty Trust Bank plc, said; “At GTBank we see art as not just a medium for creative expression but also as a means of livelihood, and by organizing the Dusty Manuscript Contest we are helping budding writers make a living off their works. He further added that; “By addressing the major barrier that our indigenous writers face in sharing their stories with the world, we hope to inspire and develop the next generation of award-winning and globally renowned authors.”

GTBank has consistently played a leading role in Africa’s banking industry. The Bank is regarded by industry watchers as one of the best run financial institutions across its subsidiary countries and serves as a role model within the financial service industry due to its bias for world class corporate governance standards, excellent service quality and innovation.

SOURCE : https://brandspurng.com/gtbank-launches-contest-to-help-writers-secure-publishing-deals/

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Flexherbal(m): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
Nice one !

1 Like

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Divepen1(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
See some of my favorites- Toni Kan, Ofili Ikechukwu( Okadabooks)...

1 Like

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by cinoedhunter: 6:52am On Feb 12, 2018
Obia... no eating contest ? shocked

1 Like

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by timwudz(m): 6:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Them know who dem go pick already...

no be Nigeria?
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by nony43(m): 6:54am On Feb 12, 2018
Nice one, it is like I will go back to writing
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by soberdrunk(m): 6:56am On Feb 12, 2018
When will Nigerian Breweries do beer drinking competition? angry Is that not Mr Toni that used to write for them romance magazines?
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by afm4ever(m): 6:59am On Feb 12, 2018
good initiative
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Mike4S: 7:04am On Feb 12, 2018
How can I apply?
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by crazygod(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2018
Cc Bibijay123
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by israelmao(m): 7:11am On Feb 12, 2018
That's good.
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by rodeo0070(m): 7:12am On Feb 12, 2018
Nice
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by tstx(m): 7:15am On Feb 12, 2018
sweet
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Infocitadel: 7:20am On Feb 12, 2018
And jobless bbnaija winner is paid up to 45m.

3 Likes

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Infocitadel: 7:21am On Feb 12, 2018
all of you saying nice and sweet should bow your heads in shame.
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by sholay2011(m): 7:29am On Feb 12, 2018
timwudz:
Them know who dem go pick already...

no be Nigeria?
This mentality won't take you too far.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Jbfranklin: 7:29am On Feb 12, 2018
Mike4S:
How can I apply?
yes how can I apply?.
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by maximunimpact(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2018
Thanks GTBank for the empowerment of book publishers, but what is book publishing without a good online bookstore? that is were https://nairabookstore.com/ comes in, Nigeria's most trusted online bookshop were you can buy & sell all kinds of e-books, research project materials, job aptitude test past questions & answers as well as academic course materials, novels, bestsellers, etc. take a look and don't be shy! Its https://nairabookstore.com/
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by gudnex22(m): 7:31am On Feb 12, 2018
yeye bank
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Witnesstony28: 7:33am On Feb 12, 2018
What category of book are they publishing? Is text book included? I have a book am looking for a publisher to publish. A text book on Biology! Need money and contact of a publisher please.
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Galacious1: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2018
How?
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by funsho75(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2018
Eunice must hia this..
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by kay29000(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2018
No information on how to apply.

1 Like

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by dojnr4real: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2018
How can I apply please
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Pascal181: 8:44am On Feb 12, 2018
Honestly I like contexts like this,how can we apply?
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by NeneKelvin2019(m): 9:09am On Feb 12, 2018
Graduate engineers and experienced engineers,#EngineersAlone is a job portal for verified engineering jobs in Nigeria.

Visit us at www.engineersalone..com today
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by deleib(m): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2018
maximunimpact:
Thanks GTBank for the empowerment of book publishers, but what is book publishing without a good online bookstore? that is were https://nairabookstore.com/ comes in, Nigeria's most trusted online bookshop were you can buy & sell all kinds of e-books, research project materials, job aptitude test past questions & answers as well as academic course materials, novels, bestsellers, etc. take a look and don't be shy! Its https://nairabookstore.com/
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by ZionJay(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Nobody seems interested in telling us how to apply

2 Likes

Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by Biggestjoe(m): 2:13pm On Feb 12, 2018
Follow this link to apply http://csr.gtbank.com/dustymanuscript/
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by bewla(m): 2:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
if I win
Re: GTBank Launches Contest To Help Writers Secure Publishing Deals by printzeg: 12:58am On Feb 20, 2018
Witnesstony28:
What category of book are they publishing? Is text book included? I have a book am looking for a publisher to publish. A text book on Biology! Need money and contact of a publisher please.
you can mail me if interested in publishing your book @ printzeg@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

At His Funeral: A Flash Fiction / Diary Of A Rugged Chaiz Man. / I Am Scared Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.