Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,580 members, 7,801,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (31037 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / Man Who Smokes Weed With His Wife & Daughter Beats Them For Having Sex With Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by kollinpowel(m): 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
The mum is at fault in this , cos the Boy is being trained to grow up way too fast .
1. What stops the mum from going to pay the school fees herself?
2. What stops the mum from visiting the Boy in school or at least knowing a teacher in the boys school
3. If I read the encyclopedia well the mother give the boys so much money, what is the money for?

The truth is you should not give children of nowadays too much freedom if not it will end up to hunt you . But it's not to late change his school and give him a close monitoring.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by ashjay001(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
I am grieved,The boy i saw when he was given birth to,The boy i backed,The boy i trained etc.
We all started living with my grandfather when we were born because he(grandfather) wants an happy family.
Everything changed last year,the family separated because we(grand children) want to live with our parent.
My 10 years old cousin got admission into SS1 in a private school last year,he started coming home with much cash but the mother(A single parent) over looks it because she do give him huge cash as pocket money.
On wednesday he came home around 12pm from school,stole his mums 30k to buys a BMX bicycle,the mother was angry to the extend he called my elder he told him everything.We had to return the bicycle but we couldn't recover the whole cash because the bicycle seller turned it to a fight, but we settled everything.
The mum took him to school for him to be punished but revelations started revealing itself
1.It been long he attended school,every blessed morning he do leaves home saying he's going to school which is false
2.His school fees which was given to him by his mum he spent the whole 50k.
3.He's a gambler,he rolls dice.
4.He's a smoker.
We haven't descipline him because we believes we(my elder brother and i) should tell him the dangers of his behaviour but he still smoke yesterday in an hiding place but my neigbhour caught him.
What should i do...
I'm suggesting the mum should send him to navy or army boarding school.
The mum is tired of him.
I told him that if he joins any cult i wouldn't mind joining the Nigeria force just to take him down..

Please help me

Broken home syndrome, mostly! He needs discipline n a father figure.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Asbaba(m): 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
spiritedtete:

She already knows the mum... And will continue to do what he likes as long as she stays with her.

Please take the boy away from the mum.... How i wish that boy was mine... He go hear am... With love combine

Kung Fu with love combined.. lol.
I remember when my brother beat the hell out of me, I ran to my moms room but she closed her room on me. he grab me and continue. when he's done I was bleeding from almost everywhere on my body.
I was angry 'cause of what happened, I left for my elder sister's house, I told her all that happened. I was expecting her to support me but she started shouting at me to the extent she raised her hand to slap but she was pure and simple, she couldn't find the courage to beat me. also her husband join in to shout at me.
that day my heart was full of anger and hatred towards everybody in family, I was even planning to leave the house .
But now am good boy, it's now I understand why they treat me like that, not bcuz they hate or don't love me rather it's bcuz of the love they have for me.

so, just beat the hell out of the boy and put him on lock down for 3 months, since his case has worsen to smoking and stealing

mind you my case isn't about smoking or stealing, it's just bcuz of fighting. at that time I was like freedom fighter. fighter every now and then. so my bro show me how it's to be beaten. up to now I can't remember the last time I fought someone.

4 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by softprick: 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
Better hand never touch am,ordinarily I dey charge people fee but I will do this for free,just arrange my flight ticket to and fro.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by bettercreature(m): 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
mikeywise:
I am finding too hard to believe that a ten year old was given his school fees.
The story is very confusing.The Mother is probably a market woman or one of those women that normally have children for different men
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by manci(m): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Op your English writing must be a IPOB English from est.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by femi4: 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Please how is the mums fault,she loved him wholeheartedly because he's her only child
she gave him 50k for school fees and she never asked him to provide receipt.

That's carelessness of the highest order

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
consultancy:
trust me, i have seen and handled more terrible kids than this one. the problem here is that he was allowed to harden before solution was sought. as that child is now, he has seen and felt all that you or his mum or any other family member may do to him, as such, he fears non of you neither does he have regards for any of u. the solution her is to show him sumtin that he has never felt. Make him realize that there are worsts things, scarier things in life than he has seen already. how do you do this? now listen; either take him to a military academy and dump him der, or get a few new faces and carry out a 'fake' kidnap and 'fake' assasination attempt on him. act a little drama, let him see knives, cutlasses, maybe a gun too, make it look real like he has had a very close shave with death. at the end, allow him to escape from where he is kept. believe me, when he thinks of all he saw in the hands of the 'assasins/kinappers', he will mellow. this strategy has worked on even the most evil child, believe me

P.S: the idea is for him to feel he was kidnapped for money rituals, and God saved him from death, so he would turn a new leaf from there automatically
That kidnap approach is a two way things, he might become soft as you said or he might be worst and become a kidnapper who carries arms himself... The best way is to show him love, take him to Prison and see what is left of the people who choose that path of life.

2 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by engrjacuzzi: 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
10 years old and he's already in ss1.
that is the consequence for rushing and I'm wondering how he got into secondary school at the age of 6years. that's Child Abuse!
parents are the cause of most abnormal attitude we see in children

3 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Oyindidi(f): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Very soft.The silly boy even threaten the mum that he will kill himself when the mum was disciplining him,I had to give a terrible blow on his neck because i was furious
The mother should tell him there millions of women without children and they are doing well. 10 years old dey threaten him mama. Flog that evil spirit comot for him body then give am mouth every day for 1 month if him no go sober. Silly kid!
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by obi3x(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
His education is very,i mean absolutely fast
na so
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by GreenArrow1(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
snowblaq:

That's her fault.... She loves him wholeheartedly yet doesn't discipline him.... How can she give a child of 10years old his school fees to pay himself?... Because he is in ss1 or what?...
When people have just one kid... They think by allowing him/her get away with things that they love the child?..... How u make your bed is how you would lie on it...... A fruit doesn't fall far from the tree....

Y'all really believe this ckoc and bull story to be true? Lol. The mod who pushed this to the frontpage must be high and protesting against the proposed ban on codeine. Seun! Caution your staff.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Kolency(m): 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Please how is the mums fault,she loved him wholeheartedly because he's her only child
Proverbs 13:24
ESV:Whoever spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is diligent to discipline him.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
Asbaba:

Kung Fu with love combined.. lol.
I remember when my brother beat the hell out of me, I ran to my moms room but she closed her room on me. he grab me and continue. when he's done I was bleeding from almost everywhere on my body.
I was angry 'cause of what happened, I left for my elder sister's house, I told her all that happened. I was expecting her to support me but she started shouting at me to the extent she raised her hand to slap but she was pure and simple, she couldn't find the courage to beat me. also her husband join in to shout at me.
that day my heart was full of anger and hatred towards everybody in family, I was even planning to leave the house .
But now am good boy, it's now I understand why they treat me like that, not bcuz they hate or don't love me rather it's bcuz of the love they have for me.

so, just beat the hell out of the boy and put him on lock down for 3 months, since his case has worsen to smoking and stealing

mind you my case isn't about smoking or stealing, it's just bcuz of fighting. at that time I was like freedom fighter. fighter every now and then. so my bro show me how it's to be beaten. up to now I can't remember the last time I fought someone.
Thank God they did all that... You might been the Modern Day Malcolm, MLK, Huey Newton ... We all know it all ended for them.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
GreenArrow1:

Y'all really believe this ckoc and bull story to be true? Lol. The mod who pushed this to the frontpage must be high and protesting against the proposed ban on codeine. Seun! Caution your staff.
I knew its a lie when he said a 10yr old in SS1. I wanted to talk but what do I know?

4 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Notmyproblem: 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:

Have you guys considered seeing a psychologist? I had the conversation with a friend few days ago the pressure placed on children to succeed a times by parents do more harm than good. Spending up your child's education implies the child is going to miss some of his/her formative years and that may affect the child negatively. A ten year old in ss1 is throwing an innocent child in the midst of teens raging with hormones and deliquescent behavior. What do you expect from the child if not to try to feel among and been seen as grown up and not a ten year old.

3 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
UjuJoan2:

How can a 10 year old boy be in SS1?

Did he enter secondary school at the age of 6?
Exactly the question i wanted to ask.

Oladimejyy:
Im sure u mean to say JSS1, because there is no way that can be possible.
Like someone said above, take the boy away from the mother to someone he will fear and have respect for. Bitten him wont solve the proble but he need some that can train talk sence into him.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nackzy: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Hmmm Wat kind of 10 year old child is that
..am confused
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by MRAKBEE(m): 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
spiritedtete:

She already knows the mum... And will continue to do what he likes as long as she stays with her.

Please take the boy away from the mum.... How i wish that boy was mine... He go hear am... With love combine
I luv ur approach.. No oda approach is as good as discipline and love combined.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
From your story i blv he didnt grow up with his dad.. And grand dads are always soft with kids because they love them around... So i blame u guys the older men in the house. You should have seen all this coming. I gots lots n lots of nephews n nieces all over the world and when ever the family is all together, they all want to be with me, why am i the favourite uncle? I get so close to them that they tell me things they can't even relate with their parents n i get them straight if i need to.. I dont doubt ur story i have had little nephews who's done worse... It pays to be close to these kids not just sending them money all the time or buying them stuffs.. Although i send money from time to time i also take time out to know how they really doing.. Calls n visits when i can.. Spend time with the kid,play with him, relate with him like u would with ur little self.. Let him trust u. The problem will solve itself.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Tego(m): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
Pray for him
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by GreenArrow1(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
thegentleman:
I knew its a lie when he said a 10yr old in SS1. I wanted to talk but what do I know?

And people are just rushing to comment on an obvious lie.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by histemple: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
First, OP please correct the mistake when you said the 10-year-old boy is in SS1. I believe it was a mistake in typing.

This boy lacks the presence of a father in his life and the mother is too soft to train any child let alone a boy. It's all shades of wrong to give such a child money to pay his school fees personally.

I also discovered that it seems the woman focused more on other things than monitoring the boy's academic performance. Obviously, she doesn't have any relationship with the boy's teachers and that is why she didn't know that the child has been out of school for sometime.

Although this boy is just a victim of probably a broken home. It actually takes redoubled efforts and God's grace for children from broken homes to turn out well. This is because a child needs both parents for normal growth and no single parent can perform both roles effectively.

SOLUTION

The mother must make up her mind to give that boy something close to the discipline of a father. Send him to a military school and play deaf ears to his complaints of maltreatment. In fact try as much as possible to distance yourself from him at the early stages in that school while she keeps constant communication with his teachers.

I could have gone with the suggestion by "Consultancy" to subject the child to a near death threat but I am assuming that the small not hasn't reached that level. Such threats are usually the last resort when every other mechanisms failed.
At that level, you must achieve one of the two possibilities. Either the boy changes for good or becomes even more hardened.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Mckandre(m): 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
10yr old? i find it hard believing this crap. i just cant

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Queenext: 2:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
Most shouting its a lie,not possible to give a ten ur old boy school fees.

Some people aren't worthy to be called parents at all

I know a mother that just dump her two children age 6and 4 into a commercial bus,and tell the conductor where they will stop...I was scared that day...

If the bus owner is a ritualist nko.

Go to private school and see worst parenting

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
these lies are too much, eeyah what Is it, even if he started schooling at 1 it still doesn't rhyme.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by talk2percy(m): 2:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Single patents, absence of a father figure when a child is growing up is bad. They should just take him to the military school. Let him go there and prove his stubbornness, them go change am for him immediately.

2 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by uglodoh(f): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
mikeywise:
I am finding too hard to believe that a ten year old was given his school fees.

That boy is not 10 years old. A ten year old child can't be in SSS 1.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by gidob(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Two mins silence for all the mumus who fell for this lie... Some were even giving sound advice......

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Humility017(m): 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
this is one of the aftermath of single parenting or divorce
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Beedude(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
So Many Things Dont Add Up Here. From The Boy Being 10yrs Old And In Ss1. Then Mother Gave Him 50k Fees To Pay By Himself (A School That Charge That Amount Doesnt Av An Account Number).
@op, I Think Both U, The Boy And His Mum Need To Attend Army School Together.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. / Join Siena In Celebrating His Birthday With His Wife And Kids! / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.