Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,030 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes (31033 Views)

10 Lessons I Learnt In My 10 Years Of Marriage / My 5 yr old Cousin Behaves like Ancestor / Man Who Smokes Weed With His Wife & Daughter Beats Them For Having Sex With Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by lexy2014: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
I am grieved,The boy i saw when he was given birth to,The boy i backed,The boy i trained [/b]etc.
We all started living with my grandfather when we were born because he(grandfather) wants an happy family.
Everything changed last year,the family separated because we(grand children) want to live with our parent.
My 10 years old cousin got admission into SS1 in a private school last year,[b]he started coming home with much cash but the mother(A single parent) over looks it because she do give him huge cash as pocket money.

On wednesday he came home around 12pm from school,stole his mums 30k to buys a BMX bicycle,the mother was angry to the extend he called my elder he told him everything.We had to return the bicycle but we couldn't recover the whole cash because the bicycle seller turned it to a fight, but we settled everything.
The mum took him to school for him to be punished but revelations started revealing itself
1.It been long he attended school,every blessed morning he do leaves home saying he's going to school which is false
2.His school fees which was given to him by his mum he spent the whole 50k.
3.He's a gambler,he rolls dice.
4.He's a smoker.
We haven't descipline him because we believes we(my elder brother and i) should tell him the dangers of his behaviour but he still smoke yesterday in an hiding place but my neigbhour caught him.
What should i do...
I'm suggesting the mum should send him to navy or army boarding school.
The mum is tired of him.
I told him that if he joins any cult i wouldn't mind joining the Nigeria force just to take him down..

Please help me
first, u trained him and he ended up like this. what type of training did u give him?second,according 2u d mother gives d boy huge cash. How do u give a 10year old child huge cash and expect him not 2 look 4 ways 2 spend it? third,y should d mum b tired of him?were has she been d 10years of d boys life? Did she think that her "huge cash" could replace parenting? what kind of parent is that?
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Nobody: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Asbaba:

or I might be Raz al-gul. � lol
hehehe
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Martoski007: 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
His education is very,i mean absolutely fast

How fast.. pls explain...
SSS 1 @ ten years big lie..!

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by yesloaded: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Please how is the mums fault,she loved him wholeheartedly because he's her only child
how could she handle 50k school fees to 10yr old boy to be paid by himself? is it a crime to check on her child once every week during school hour?

RIP my late dad, he's a very strict man and will beat the hell out of you if you dare mix with friends in our environment back then.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by dvkot(m): 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
My 10years old cousin is sill in primary school, but ur own 10years us in ss1 and handling 50k... and who TF sells a 30k bicycle to a 10years, some s#!ts doesn't add up Oladimejyy

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by 2019elections: 3:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
instead of tackling issues, some persons are arguing about the true age. I was 11yrs old when I was in ss1 and I wasn't even the youngest in my class.

moreover, what stops a parent giving his/ her child school fees. If he's in ss1 then he's sensible enuf to differentiate between right and wrong.

all in all, I blame d parent cos from the storyline, he wasn't handled well.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Halo22: 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
UjuJoan2:

How can a 10 year old boy be in SS1?

Did he enter secondary school at the age of 6?
That was exactly the logic I wanted to come up with, cos I know the earliest one can start primary education is at 5years.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by ivanalimi: 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ikigai:
He's being neglected by his mother.

He's also lacking a father figure in his life.
that's why single parenthood really sucks.assuming he had a father in his life, he may not av turned out that way
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by dvkot(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
obinna58:
10yrs old boy bought bmx
10yrs old boy already a gambler
10yrs old boy can handle 50k
10yrs old boy can count 500k
10yrs old boy in ss1
10yrs old boy smoke cigarettes

If this is true then parent failed to realize his worth, give the little boy an open mind, teach him the realities of life and see him turn into a beast, handling him aggressively will only reduce his IQ as well as subjection to fear
you made a point, it's better to take him to a business man to learn trade or something than for them to take him to military school, but i doubt the story bro...
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by UjuJoan2: 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
gbosaa:

The story is full of holes. I think the story was written by Pinocchio Liar Mohammed.
��
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Dearlord(m): 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
eezeribe:

Poor home training and upbringing;even the use of English in this post needs 'home training'...
Who gives a 10 year old 50k to pay school fees by himself...
Both the grandfather and single mum should be called out;what nonsense...
If the boy likes,he should self destruct.... Nobody really cares.

You have said it all if judging from what is written above is true.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Halo22: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
tempest01:
LIES...10 YEARS, SS1?
Disregard it, he meant JS 1.

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by YelloweWest: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
10 year old?? angry
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Charly68: 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
That was how the late Vampire started his life..the boy needs deliverance urgently
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by YelloweWest: 3:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
Please how is the mums fault,she loved him wholeheartedly because he's her only child
It is the moms fault!

My son is 11 and I just found out yesterday he has not been completing his home work. I'll be all over his ass for the next week!

How will I know he won't slip up again??

Because trust me, wgen I'm done with him he won't want me on is ass again! angry

2 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by YelloweWest: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Martoski007:

How fast.. pls explain...
SSS 1 @ ten years big lie..!
I'm sure that was a typo.

10years is usually js1
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by omonnakoda: 3:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
abbeyty:
who sells weed or cigarette to a 10 years old boy?
No vex o but e be like say you be Ajebutter.
You never see where 10 year old dey sell weed?
Anyway the story sounds like fiction, it is very unusual if not impossible for a 10 year old to be in SS1Even where the kid has exceptional ability they are more likelyto be schooled at home to achieve this. This would be unlikely in the kind of home and supervisory arrangement described.

Leaving the fact or fiction to one side.
LET US PRETEND it is true.

The themes of inadequate parenting supervision and oversight are quite real and common in our society.
The theme of a single mother with a single child can cause serious psychological problems especially with psychologicallyilliterate mothers.

In this case scenario even the mother needs supervision since she is clearly clueless.
Realistically the long term prognosis or prediction is not positive.

All those talking military this and that are misguided. The boy did not ask to be born. Having been born is it his job to train himself in the ways of the world?
That process has failed. He has modelled himself according to role models his environment has chosen for him to compensate for a superego and paternal lacuna.
Likely the mother is morally compromised in his eyes and lacos authority .

Is there hope?In theory yes but practically I doubt it.

In theory he needs caging. Nothing military or violent.
Put him in an environment where you can account for every minute of his time.
That will not happen in Mushin or Okokomaiko. It can be done but is costly.

In reality without finances he will become a street pikin. Some survive to become God of men like Ayo Oritsejafor

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Bonjoro: 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
I am grieved,The boy i saw when he was given birth to,The boy i backed,The boy i trained etc.
We all started living with my grandfather when we were born because he(grandfather) wants an happy family.
Everything changed last year,the family separated because we(grand children) want to live with our parent.
My 10 years old cousin got admission into SS1 in a private school last year,he started coming home with much cash but the mother(A single parent) over looks it because she do give him huge cash as pocket money.
On wednesday he came home around 12pm from school,stole his mums 30k to buys a BMX bicycle,the mother was angry to the extend he called my elder he told him everything.We had to return the bicycle but we couldn't recover the whole cash because the bicycle seller turned it to a fight, but we settled everything.
The mum took him to school for him to be punished but revelations started revealing itself
1.It been long he attended school,every blessed morning he do leaves home saying he's going to school which is false
4.He's a smoker.
We haven't descipline him because we believes we(my elder brother and i) should tell him the dangers of his behaviour but he still smoke yesterday in an hiding place but my neigbhour caught him.
What should i do...
The mum is tired of him.
I told him that if he joins any cult i wouldn't mind joining the Nigeria force just to take him down..

Please help me

Busted!! There was no cousin or a fcking grandpa, stop disturbing the Fp with ur cook up story.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by YelloweWest: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
mikeywise:
I am finding too hard to believe that a ten year old was given his school fees.
Hmm u never know how stupid some parents can be.

An 11year old in my son's class came to school with over 1m naira worth of jewelry.

It's not his mother's.

He actually bought them and was giving them to girls to woo them!
Js2 pikin! angry
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Yankee101: 3:50pm On Feb 11, 2018
1. SS1 @10 years old does not hold water in Nigeria. It means graduating at 12, that's 4 years short of Jamb University entrance age. You need to spend 6 years in primary school which you start at 6. Even if you skip classes its still not tenable.

2. If the school is a private school most likely you pay school fees into the bank not cash

3. Who lets a 10 year old gamble or sell cigars to them?

If it's in anyway true then the single parent bares blame.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by YelloweWest: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bonjoro:

Busted!! There was no cousin or a fcking grandpa, stop disturbing the Fp with ur cook up story.
Reality is stranger more unbelievable than fiction.

Shìt happens.

How would u explain an 11year old who buys and comes to school with jewelry worth over 1m naira? Sounds unbelievable Right? I saw it with my eyes!

The mom confirms it not hers.
But that the boy may" have access to cash.
The person who sold the jewelry also confirms the boy as his customer!!! angry
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by KingsleyCEO: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
You give a child 50k, what do you expect?
And the part that he has not be reporting in school, the mother is to blame. How can you trust a child who is very vunrable to that extent? This is a lesson for everyone.

The boy just want to be bad!
You adult in the family should also check yourselves. There is no smoke without fire.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by dopedealer(m): 4:05pm On Feb 11, 2018
COULD IS BE TRUE ?
10 yrs old - SS1
7 YRS OLD - JS1
SO THE BOY ENTER PRIMARY 1 @ AGE 1
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by adisabarber(m): 4:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
I am grieved,The boy i saw when he was given birth to,The boy i backed,The boy i trained etc.
My 10 years old cousin got admission into SS1 in a private school last year,he started coming home with much cash but the mother(A single parent) over looks it because she do give him huge cash as pocket money.
4.He's a smoker.
What should i do...
The mum is tired of him.

Please help me

10 year old boy in SSS 1? That is where the problem is. He is probably in a class with children that are way older than him and got influenced by them since he cannot differentiate between right and wrong at his age. Change his school, change his environment. That should help.

2 Likes

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by sexdoll: 4:15pm On Feb 11, 2018
The boy is a young thug.

The absence of a strong father figure in his young life is already telling on him.

The o' gees in the streets are now fathering him.

You really need to send him to the military to get really disciplined.

Or else you guys ain't seen nuffin' yet!

I am still rolling on the floor with uncontrollable laughter after reading the lines "he rolls dice"

Jesu nwa Devid!

1 Like

Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Aarenasbaba(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Take him to ORBA prison in Abeokuta not to imprison him but to see what life of a prisoner his and threaten him U re bringing him down there when next he misbehave
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by Klington: 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
At 10 he's been giving his school fees to pay by himself...
His mother must a very careless woman...
Loving ur kids goes beyond giving them everything they ask for, it stretches to paying close attention to their life styles all through the time when they cannot make decisions for themselves..
And this is the reason why there are all sorts of social vices because 21st century parents are more consigned about giving their children best stuffs.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by GabrielAganyi(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
10year old=SS1...... Bro how na.......was given 50,000 to pay his own school fee for this time wey even buhari no trust him pikin.. ... How? I can't be fooled
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by olabrad: 4:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
4.He's a smoker.
What should i do...
The mum is tired of him.

Please help me

I hope everyone reading this now see the danger of being a single mother. The kids are supposed to be raised by both parents.

At 10, the mom can't even control him. I'm sure she will spend several hours regretting her husband's unavailability.
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by obatoro: 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
If the story were to be true, although there seems to be so many holes in it.
The mother is to be blamed 100%, she also needs thorough training. She doesn't have time for the child. I guess she is a businesswoman who goes to shop early in the morning and comes back late in the night.
The child is getting attention from somewhere else and that is what is shaping his future.
The mother needs thorough flogging. Why give birth to a child you can't have time for? She could have given her up for adoption! What do I know?
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by dahmorlar(m): 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
10 year old ss1 Wetin happen nah shey na inside bells him do nursery or primary class
Re: My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes by dahmorlar(m): 4:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
Oladimejyy:
His education is very,i mean absolutely fast
chairman go siddon no b for naija jor.. no matter aw fast his education is he cannot be in ss1 at the age of 10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Younger Brother Wants To Finance My Wedding. / Join Siena In Celebrating His Birthday With His Wife And Kids! / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.