Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,251 members, 7,807,855 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities (18542 Views)

Lagos Indian School Where Nigerians Are Denied Admission / Firdaouz Yusuff-Awari Denied Admission By University Of Ilorin After Scoring 300 / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
Gone Are D Days When Even Fed.Universities Admit On Merit, Now They Admit Based On "long Leg" If U Think M Lying, Investigate Unilag And Fuoye Admission Processes Dis Year, So Lets Stop D Saying That If U Merit Admission, U Must Surely Get It, Its A Big Lie, Many Candidates Even"over Merit" Admission Buh Were Nt Admitted.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by crookes(m): 12:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Galantis:
Unijos don dey do me shege since 2014, to the extend wey school no dey hungry me. Na investment things now ooooo.

U applied UJ this year too?
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by onyidon22(m): 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by dimelo: 12:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Umartins1:

I believe merit still exists no matter how little, especially in federal universities. If you read well and beat the cut off mark, a federal university has no choice but to admit you.
beating the cut off mark doesn't guarantee merit, a lot of other factors play a big role e.g catchment area, gender e.t.c. myself particularly was denied admission into ABU Zaria due to catchment.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by mymilicent: 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
lordsharks:

A lot of schools still admit on merit
Hmmmm
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by exlinkleads(f): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
BARRIKADE:
Even Harvard no dey turn down this many people..... which way na?

whaaaat? That is a blatan lie

Harvard University turns down more than 92% of the best candidates in the world. When I say best, I mean the best of bests.

For Harvard, is not about being qualified. Is about being exceptional. How can you convince them that you as a candidate is better than 100's of 1000's other candidates and why you should be admitted.

And statistics also show that 2% of Harvard slots are reserved for the top guns children in the country. Is a suicide mission trying to get into Harvard even as an American and as a whiteman.

1 Like

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by matrixme(m): 12:40pm On Feb 11, 2018
MRAKBEE:
Need admission?
Come to the North and get it after the first attempt
Be deceiving yourself. My cousin scored a very high jamb score and passed his WAEC but was denied admission into ABU. We thought it wouldn't be so. Meanwhile it's high time these private universities democratize university admission for Nigerians. No need for feeding and accommodation so the prices can crash, perhaps more people can cash into the education business by building private hostels and eateries for students.
Most private universities have zero impact on their host communities. It's so terrible that some of them even build in house accommodation for their staff. Imagine these huge numbers going back to write JAMB again next year or a number traveling abroad as unnecessary brain drain. We like shooting ourselves in the foot in this country.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Stevengerd(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Galantis:
Unijos don dey do me shege since 2014, to the extend wey school no dey hungry me. Na investment things now ooooo.
Never give up bro, we all have stories to tell. why not try Polytechnic
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by ggoldmine: 12:53pm On Feb 11, 2018
omoola007:

You are so on point. There is clearly not enough schools. Forget good schools sef.

Ideally they need to establish community colleges. (2 year schools) that teach the prerequisites and then you can transfer on merit to get your B.sc etc.

The cost versus price of education is not commensurate. How can you pay 100,000 a year and expect good education. That about the same price as secondary school. Not even the really good ones. Make students work for their education. Have them take care of facilities. Teach in the community colleges and secondary schools as part of their tuition. Have schools open businesses that sustain and develop skills ... Bakeries, assembly factory, student will learn real skills.

Education has shifted from traditional four walls and four years to skill and ability based. The. Pool of u employed allows for an employer to choose the best of 1,000 for one position of course he is at an advantage.

Schools in 2018 should teach how to fish and not teach student to be fed by employers after graduation. There nit not enough jobs but there are plenty problems that need solution.

That being said. I am looking to employ a qualified candidate ( graduate or not while can help run a recycling plant in IKORODU). The person must be hard working and visionary. I want an intrapreneur, not a worker bee. Email recycleworksng@gmail.com with CV.

What kind of recycling plant? Paper or Plastic?…Coz I'm interested.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Ray07(m): 1:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
Galantis:
and yet the expect Nigeria to develop when the keep denying us right to education.
Bro no be only you e tire o, na to invest make that cash and maybe school later.
Top billionaire in the world na dropout and see people killing them hard in school just to work for them. Be a man in jean and t-shirt that employs people in suits.

Do u stay in Jos?

1 Like

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by darrellg9: 1:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
seenter84:
Jamb should be scrapped. If not scrapped. Only people that want scholarships should write it. If you want admission just walk into any university and get the admission. If after a year you cannot meet up standard. You quit and learn a skill. Make dem no use jamb day dull many shining stars.

exactly my point
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by otokx(m): 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
False report, the number of candidates that choose UNIPORT in JAMB and scored 180 and above is not more than 24000 so where is this 37000 coming from?
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Galantis: 1:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ray07:
and yet the expect Nigeria to develop when the keep denying us right to education.
Bro no be only you e tire o, na to invest make that cash and maybe school later.
Top billionaire in the world na dropout and see people killing them hard in school just to work for them. Be a man in jean and t-shirt that employs people in suits.
WORD
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Galantis: 1:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
Stevengerd:
Never give up bro, we all have stories to tell. why not try Polytechnic
yup I have applied and am going to start processing my admission on Wednesday
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Chuknovski(m): 1:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:
Yeah, my sister had 239 in jamb, aced her WAEC and still wasn't given admission. Terrible!

my neice and nephew had 249 and 257 and was denied too, I think education in Nigeria is now for the man know man"

1 Like

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Stevengerd(m): 1:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
Galantis:
yup I have applied and am going to start processing my admission on Wednesday
Nice one bro! POLY / UNI?
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by vickysly: 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2018
I know many of you here might not believe but this is a fact
In UNN after merit list is released the school will announce that if there's anyone the reached cut off mark and was not admitted the person should report to the school authority
So as to know if it was an omission or maybe its your ssce result that bleeped you up

1 Like

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Preciousojoka(m): 1:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
It's just so sad.. My younger sister got 242 in JAMB, 3As, 5Bs, 1c in WAEC but she wasn't admitted into University of Abuja...
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by AlanTuringAI: 1:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
Umartins1:

I believe merit still exists no matter how little, especially in federal universities. If you read well and beat the cut off mark, a federal university has no choice but to admit you.
Don't be too sure my friend. I was a victim of such. The very first year Post UTME was introduced in 2006, I did that of Unilag where the failure rate generally was massive, such that the highest score in Medicine that year was 55. I put in for Chemical Engineering, and I scored 58 with 250 in UTME. In fact, I was number 10 on the list based on score, in the whole Faculty of Engineering. Unilag denied me admission that year despite having 3 A1s and 2 B3s in WAEC, with A1 in Further Maths as minimum of Credit pass in Further Maths is compulsory for Engineering. I'm sure there were many other people in my shoes. How do you explain that?
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Joefirst(m): 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
issa lie. ... which uniben admitted 11,000 ... see lies... every uniben don't admit more than 9,000 jamb candidate... but this year is s worst, they have barely admitted 7,000 from jambites...
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by horia: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:
Yeah, my sister had 239 in jamb, aced her WAEC and still wasn't given admission. Terrible!
I scored 270 and my profile is still blank.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by whitebeard(m): 2:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
Galantis:
no be only u oh, we plenty for ground, school don tire person, na to make money through investment remain, abeg what kind of investment are u into, the money must come in from every corner possible.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by Xbee007(m): 2:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
horia:
I scored 270 and my profile is still blank.
Ha!!! shocked
Truth be told Nigerian universities are really struggling to cope. They can't expand because they simply don't have the resources. One of the major obvious remedy is just to increase tuition fees but, realistically, can most Nigerians afford it?

1 Like

Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by laydoh(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
what jamb is really after is milking pple dry,daylight robbing us,pumping money into the coffers of the govt,dey dnt give a damn how pple source 4 d money.if u r fortunate,u get d stupid admission and after spending atleast 4 yrs in school,u start roaming d entire country searching for job 4 atleast another 4 years.what is the way forward na.will 9ja ever bcum a place we can proud of calling HOME?!
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by horlaspecial(m): 2:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
[b][/b]Blame Buhari for these
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by horia: 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xbee007:

Ha!!! shocked
Truth be told Nigerian universities are really struggling to cope. They can't expand because they simply don't have the resources. One of the major obvious remedy is just to increase tuition fees but, realistically, can most Nigerians afford it?
and they still frustrate graduates. A lot of Nigerians live below standard and they do not even know.
Re: 197,050 Qualified Candidates Denied Admission In Seven Universities by omoelerin1: 2:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
congorasta:
there was a country
What has 'there was a country' got to do with this issue now?

I know u be Igbo. That is their song. Any little thing, 'there was a country'. Even in situations where such statement is not applicable, 'there was a country'.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Post Utme Screening Date / 2015/2016 Waec Timetable / No-work-no-pay Rule May Escalate ASUU Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.