Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,454 members, 7,808,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? (6986 Views)

Will You Hire Him? / Is It Good To Go Invite / Will You Hire This Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by Brightgem(f): 11:51am On Feb 12, 2018
Its incresingly becoming a norm. Your online presence confirms many other things about you. Like some things on your CV and yes your life style.

Anyone can look responsible in an interview, but many misbehave on SM thinking no one is watching and no one can hold them responsible. SM is where you show your personality without inhibitions atimes so who you really are will show there.

Not only job seekers use u SM to rate you tho.

And for those saying you should not give them, then maybe you don’t need the job in the first place. If they don't ask you, they can still look it up!

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
Olumaeme:
You should even be happy they asked you.
The last place I worked, before my boss recruit anybody, he will go to Facebook and search with their phone numbers or names, and even Google search without the employees even knowing.

This one they asked, you can even hurriedly delete those items are not too good enough..

Deactivated Sharply

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by Vickin(m): 1:12pm On Feb 12, 2018
social media tells alot about you, yes but in the same vain can be deceptive. there are alot of people who fake a responsible and Godly profile and mean while dey are something else out side.so that ins't necessary a criteria to know trully who a person is. just my thought#
Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by webngnews: 1:38pm On Feb 12, 2018
Oh
Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by CalmCasy: 10:22pm On Feb 12, 2018
I doubt if organizations that require such are many. Anyways, its a question of who u are. If you're truly responsible, u wouldn't be bothered about anyone checking out your social media accounts. So be responsible shikena! tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by LaudableXX: 12:49am On Feb 13, 2018
evanzy4challeng:
Good afternoon all and Happy Sunday.
I have this very important question to ask please,
I've been to three interviews where the HRs asked me for my facebook and instagram addresses.
What do they really need those for?
Is it right to monitor someone's social media life before you hire the person?
Please whats your thought on this?
Is it compulsory for one to be on Facebook or Instagram? 'Nansense' people!
Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by LaudableXX: 10:13am On Feb 13, 2018
Olumaeme:
You should even be happy they asked you.
The last place I worked, before my boss recruit anybody, he will go to Facebook and search with their phone numbers or names, and even Google search without the employees even knowing.

This one they asked, you can even hurriedly delete those items are not too good enough..
The man is not serious. sad Don't they realise that a lot of things on social media are NOT even true? shocked People may be joking around, or trying to give a false impression on social media. Not only that, 2 or more people may even have the same name as your own, on Facebook. Do you know how many people called Emeka Obi are on Facebook? Or how many people called Abiola Ajayi or Muhammed Ali are on Facebook? What if you do not even have an FB account or Instagram account? This is where they miss it.

During HR interviews, you should evaluate a person for his ability and competence to do the job, and willingness to learn. undecided The corporate culture of the organisation also needs to be imbibed by the new candidate. Whatever he does in his private life, both online and offline is none of the HR's business, provided it does NOT affect the reputation or finances of the organisation.

There are many top management staff in high-ranking organisations, who are nothing but lecherous, amorous crooks outside the office, who prey on young girls. Will they discover the men have such traits on FB?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by Olumaeme: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2018
LaudableXX:

The man is not serious. sad Don't they realise that a lot of things on social media are NOT even true? shocked People may be joking around, or trying to give a false impression on social media. Not only that, 2 or more people may even have the same name as your own, on Facebook. Do you know how many people called Emeka Obi are on Facebook? Or how many people called Abiola Ajayi or Muhammed Ali are on Facebook? What if you do not even have an FB account or Instagram account? This is where they miss it.

During HR interviews, you should evaluate a person for his ability and competence to do the job, and willingness to learn. undecided The corporate culture of the organisation also needs to be imbibed by the new candidate. Whatever he does in his private life, both online and offline is none of the HR's business, provided it does NOT affect the reputation or finances of the organisation.

There are many top management staff in high-ranking organisations, who are nothing but lecherous, amorous crooks outside the office, who prey on young girls. Will they discover the men have such traits on FB?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by wealthtrak: 5:23am On Nov 29, 2021
Geofavor:
Absolutely. This is why people, especially the redundant ones on NL, should be civil when posting on social media.

Employers want to know who they are hiring. Your social media personality gives them an insight into who you are. For instance, no employer wants to hire a troublesome individual. So, if you're always trolling online, this could come back to haunt you when you need 'that job' badly.

Be wise.
Re: Is It Good To Monitor My Social Media Life Before You Hire Me? by wealthtrak: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Brightgem:
Its incresingly becoming a norm. Your online presence confirms many other things about you. Like some things on your CV and yes your life style.

Anyone can look responsible in an interview, but many misbehave on SM thinking no one is watching and no one can hold them responsible. SM is where you show your personality without inhibitions atimes so who you really are will show there.

Not only job seekers use u SM to rate you tho.

And for those saying you should not give them, then maybe you don’t need the job in the first place. If they don't ask you, they can still look it up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Recruitment - Assessment Centre Notification / Sterling Bank Vacancy,ict Company Vacancies And Others / Chams Plc Calling For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.