Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari (23389 Views)

Amaechi: I Was Not Beaten In Spain, IPOB Evil Plot Failed Woefully / Amaechi: "I Go Shoot Am O! No Talk Atiku, Say Bagudu" - At APC Campaign In Kebbi / Rotimi Amaechi: 'I Don't Drink Or Smoke, What Do I Need Money For?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by bgossipnaija(f): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, says he could have been killed during the fight to install President Muhammadu Buhari.

Amaechi, who was director-general of the campaign team of Buhari, de-marketed former President Goodluck Jonathan, who was a threat to the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He attacked Jonathan in public and private and as the election drew near, there were reports that he would be one of the targets if the APC lost the election.

He was also involved in different rows with security agencies, particularly the police under Joseph Mbu, a former commissioner of police in Rivers.

Speaking on Saturday during the inauguration of a pro-APC non-govermental organisation, Free Rivers Development Initiative (FRDI) in Bori, Khana local government area of Rivers, Amaechi said the “machinery of power” which killed Ken Saro Wiwa was still in force as of the time Buhari sought the highest office in the land.

He said Saro Wiwa fought for the liberation of Ogoni people, south-south and the Niger Delta because he believed they were oppressed.

“Saro-Wiwa was killed by the then machinery of power because of his belief that Ogonis and the Niger Delta should be liberated,” he said.

“I could have been killed by same machinery of power when we were fighting to install President Muhammadu Buhari because we fought the same power that killed Saro-Wiwa.”

According to Amaechi, some Ogoni sons and daughters find it difficult to identify with the late environmentalist but he identified with him.

“Everybody is now claiming to love Ogoni and knew Ken Saro-Wiwa because of election,” he said.

“If you love Ogoni, bring projects to Ogoni, train their children because as governor, I trained Ogoni children overseas.

“I made sure that government paid all the fees because education was one of the issues that Saro-Wiwa died for.”

Amaechi said when he was governor of Rivers, he planned to turn Bori, a community in Ogoniland, into a big city, and that was why he constructed all the internal roads in the city.

“When I became governor, there was no light in Bori and we brought light from Port Harcourt to the city,” he said.

“It was because of poverty I experienced that made me to build primary schools, primary health centres and employed teachers and doctors respectively.

“Today, the current government has reversed everything we did including free education and free healthcare care policies.”

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/02/i-could-have-been-killed-because-of.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Bh_ILJW6kGA/WRVhHmu58hI/AAAAAAAAAZU/7j8HU8qf5MMhmTzGHxpalU3kW9e4kIllACPcBGAYYCw/s400/AMA.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Built2last: 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sorry

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by odogwubiafra: 2:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
Any differently difference as you are still leaving?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by GoldCircle: 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2018
Failure is an orphan.

31 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Omeokachie: 2:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
It's all in your head mister.

"The wicked man flee when no one pursueth" - Proverbs 28:1

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by gare(f): 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
bgossipnaija:
Rotimi Amaechi, minister of transportation, says he could have been killed during the fight to install President Muhammadu Buhari.

Amaechi, who was director-general of the campaign team of Buhari, de-marketed former President Goodluck Jonathan, who was a threat to the emergence of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

He attacked Jonathan in public and private and as the election drew near, there were reports that he would be one of the targets if the APC lost the election.

He was also involved in different rows with security agencies, particularly the police under Joseph Mbu, a former commissioner of police in Rivers.

Speaking on Saturday during the inauguration of a pro-APC non-govermental organisation, Free Rivers Development Initiative (FRDI) in Bori, Khana local government area of Rivers, Amaechi said the “machinery of power” which killed Ken Saro Wiwa was still in force as of the time Buhari sought the highest office in the land.

He said Saro Wiwa fought for the liberation of Ogoni people, south-south and the Niger Delta because he believed they were oppressed.

“Saro-Wiwa was killed by the then machinery of power because of his belief that Ogonis and the Niger Delta should be liberated,” he said.

“I could have been killed by same machinery of power when we were fighting to install President Muhammadu Buhari because we fought the same power that killed Saro-Wiwa.”

According to Amaechi, some Ogoni sons and daughters find it difficult to identify with the late environmentalist but he identified with him.

“Everybody is now claiming to love Ogoni and knew Ken Saro-Wiwa because of election,” he said.

“If you love Ogoni, bring projects to Ogoni, train their children because as governor, I trained Ogoni children overseas.

“I made sure that government paid all the fees because education was one of the issues that Saro-Wiwa died for.”

Amaechi said when he was governor of Rivers, he planned to turn Bori, a community in Ogoniland, into a big city, and that was why he constructed all the internal roads in the city.

“When I became governor, there was no light in Bori and we brought light from Port Harcourt to the city,” he said.

“It was because of poverty I experienced that made me to build primary schools, primary health centres and employed teachers and doctors respectively.

“Today, the current government has reversed everything we did including free education and free healthcare care policies.”

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2018/02/i-could-have-been-killed-because-of.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-Bh_ILJW6kGA/WRVhHmu58hI/AAAAAAAAAZU/7j8HU8qf5MMhmTzGHxpalU3kW9e4kIllACPcBGAYYCw/s400/AMA.jpg[/img]

DONT YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE COMPARE YOURSELF TO SARO WIWA, YOU FEEL YOU HAVE DONE SOMETHING SO GREAT BY REMOVING GEJ AND INSTALLING PMB, YOU SEEM TO TELL ME YOU ARE DEAF AND YOU CANT HEAR WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING, OR YOU ARE BLIND AND YOU CANT SEE THE SUFFERING IN THE LAND AND YOU COME OUT TO SAY THAT YOU DID WHAT SARO WIWA DID THAT MADE THEM KILL HIM .

IF YOU WHERE AROUND THEN YOU MAY HAVE BEING AMONG THOSE THAT KILLED HIM. JUST LIKE YOU HAVE KILLED A LOT OF US BY BRINGING IN PMB, HIDE YOUR FACE IN SHAME

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by chernest2002: 3:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
Judas of ubima never mind you will still be killed, you fought a peaceful man and get away just try buhari an see ,Or are you comfortable with what is at stake now.

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by nku5: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Brainless ubima monkey

How can the forces that killed Saro-Wiwa work against Buhari when the same Buhari was part of the Abacha government that killed Saro Wiwa.

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by ManirBK: 3:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amaechi Our super minister..
Ka buga anfadi..

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Atlanticfire: 3:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
Fool.

You fought a democrat to install a sadist, dictator and enemy of your geopolitical zone.

Now as Minister of Transport you are being instructed to construct hundreds of kilometers of rail through Buhari's desert neighbourhood and to top it up, to even extend the rail line to Niger republic, at Nigeria's expense.

You can not even construct 1 km of rail line in your geopolitical zone, yet you are ok with constructing rail line to Niger republic.

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by debolayinka(m): 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sworn disciple of Lie Muhammed's boss, I hope you know being stupid doesn't still make your life safe?
If you had died, your corpse should have been thrown into a river because you'd have died for the most evil person in human history.

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by AishaBuhari: 8:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nigerians(Sane ones) last wishes is for the likes of you to just die and let's have peace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by PMWSpirit(m): 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
shocked
Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Nackzy: 8:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
Shame on you... U don't have what to say

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by hammer6F: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
U better pass all the good young people with bright future that your Buhari have terminated and cut their life/stay on earth short?

Do u know how many hundreds of thousands of people your Buhari have murdered since 2015?

U dey follow news at all, or is ur career worth the blood of innocent Nigerians?

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by dlondonbadboy: 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ken saro wiwa was killed by Buharis boss...So whats this fool talkinh about?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Flexherbal(m): 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Politics!
Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by maxtop(m): 8:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
Those killers are still on your trail. Don't rejoice yet cuz they always have there eyes on you. Moreover, you and Wike has wasted a lot innocent soul in PH

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Gkay1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
mr man stop deceiving yourself.
forget yesterday, think of today to have better tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by rawtouch: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
abacha
Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
ManirBK:
Amaechi Our super minister!
u sound dull

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Promismike(m): 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
Lol
Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
What is amaechi crime , supported buhari, nothing else, carry go nor, we dey ur back, baba till 2023

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by FTrebirth(m): 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
and nobody would miss you if they had succeeded. agama lizard of ubima!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by sammyj: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
This is mere political statement by Ameachi for PMB presidential ambition. It’s not going to work this time around!!! shocked

10 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Mc1807(m): 8:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bleep off Amuechi!!!

Meanwhile,no to FULANI PRESIDENCY!!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by JustLaffs(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
You have my respect #facts d Nerve of him
gare:

DONT YOU EVER IN YOUR LIFE COMPARE YOURSELF TO SARO WIWA,
Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by mccoy47(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
Ameachi Iscariot!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by arrestdarrester: 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
Sowwy
Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by ballerin(m): 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
You must he Mad.
How dare you compare Saro Wiwa to Bubu?, Bubu is only fighting for his cows, nothing more.

9 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Could Have Been Killed By Ken Saro Wiwa's Killers Because Of Buhari by Yankee101: 8:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
Garrulity

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Ita Ekpenyong, Ex-DSS DG / Ahmed Lawan, My Former Roommate - Orji Kalu Congratulates Senate President / S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.