Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,220 members, 7,894,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 09:08 PM

Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. (24664 Views)

Nairalanders, Please Why Is God's Existence A Debate? / Who Else Have Had That Special Proof About God's Existence? / Atheist, What Would You Consider Evidence Of God's Existence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 4:03am On Feb 16, 2018
Deut20: INSTRUCTION FOR WARS.
This chapter basically gave the modality for wars by the ISRAELI ARMY at the time. The guidelines were:
1. Regardless of the enemies armoury, the SOLDIERS should never be afraid, knowing that they had God's presence with them.

2. The priests would come to address the ARMY, telling the not to act cowardly, reemphasizing to them that the LORD their God was with them to give them Victory.

3. THE OFFICERS in the army, would then come to address the SOLDIERS saying:
*'If any of you has built a new house and not dedicated it, planted a vineyard and not begun to enjoy its fruit, or engaged to a woman but yet to marry her, let him return". So that in the case of a casualty at war, they don't miss out on those things they would leave behind.
*" if any of you is afraid or cowardly, let him return, so that his fear doesn't melt the hearts of others "
4. After the OFFICERS finish addressing the ARMY, They would appoint MILITARY COMMANDERS to lead it.
5. When the army approaches a city, THEY MUST FIRST MAKE AN OFFER OF PEACE. only when this offer gets turned down with the enemy instead choosing to wage war against ISRAEL, would the army lay siege to it.
For a nation that accept the terms of PEACE, the people there would be made to serve ISRAEL. However, for those who choose to war against them, THE MALES would be killed, while THE WOMEN, CHILDREN and everything else would be taken as plunder. THEY WERE TO TREAT EVERY NATION IN THIS MANNER.

VERSE 17: This verse states that the CANINITES, HIVITES etc should not be treated in the manner above, rather they should be completely destroyed. WHERE IS THE PART WHICH STATES THE REASON FOR THIS AS BEING THEIR LACK OF BELIEF IN YAHWEH? IT DOSEN'T EXIST. WHY? BECAUSE, THAT WASN'T THE REASON. IF IT WAS, THE ARMY WOULD HAVE BE INSTRUCTED TO TREAT ALL NATIONS THAT DIDN'T BELIEVE IN YAHWEH IN A LIKE MANNER.

The only reason that was given for the EXCEPTIONAL treatment of those folks was that ISRAEL was to dispossess them.
WHY? THEIR SINS HAD REACHED ITS FULL MEASURE.
These people also descended from HAM, NOAH'S youngest. And Noah had placed them under a curse during his lifetime.
WHEN a nation's sins became too much, it was what made God destroy them, not for them not believing in Him.That's how it was with the folks in Noah's days, those in SODOM and GOMORRAH, the CANAANITES and HIVITES, the AMALEKITES whom KING SAUL was instructed to destroy, and so it will be with this CURRENT age when it comes to an end. IT'S THEIR SINS.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 4:11am On Feb 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm sure apologists know better than you that's cooking up tales

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2010006

https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_1382.cfm
What are you saying now? Wasn't it you who supplied those scriptures. Do yourself a favour: Read at least the full chapter of those scriptures you quoted, to minimize how far out of context you take them, then read the explanations I have given to you. Thereafter, FEEL FREE TO RAISE WHATEVER ISSUE YOU FIND.
Otherwise, keep your ignorance to yourself. In my own part of the world, when there are things we don't understand, we ask questions to learn about them with an open mind, rather than trying to form expert with our limited and dilute knowledge.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 9:00am On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

And I have put it to you that He surely knows EVERYTHING. The one thing you're holding on to, he must have now learnt. Make sense now?

Your bible says that Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever,if he DIDN'T KNOW something during the first century that means at the time he wasn't omniscient,and if by now he has become omniscient that means he has changed, so no matter how you look at the problem is still there
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 16, 2018
There is a reason we atheists don't regard the Christian god as a true god by t rather the product of fiction,WHY SHOULD A GOD POSSESS RAGE.
Anger is a product of the human emotions,most of the time it is a weakness,and 90% of the things we do due to anger we end up regretting,funny enough the Christian god regrets too,accordung to the bible we see him destroying the world and then later regrets his action,also in the new testament,Jesus takes a very irrational action due to rage by cursing a fig tree,this story is one of the strongest evidence that confirms that Jesus is everything but a god
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 9:22am On Feb 16, 2018
darkchild64:
There is a reason we atheists don't regard the Christian god as a true god by t rather the product of fiction,WHY SHOULD A GOD POSSESS RAGE.
Anger is a product of the human emotions,most of the time it is a weakness,and 90% of the things we do due to anger we end up regretting,funny enough the Christian god regrets too,accordung to the bible we see him destroying the world and then later regrets his action,also in the new testament,Jesus takes a very irrational action due to rage by cursing a fig tree,this story is one of the strongest evidence that confirms that Jesus is everything but a god

So now, of all things, you want to make a case for a tree? Why not do away with every wooden furniture/item you may have, since they came from someone doing more than just cursing them.
By the way, you should know that the lesson in the fig tree's story is to demonstrate to Christians the power available in their utterances. It was in explaining the principle that made the fig tree dry up to the disciples that this popular saying came: " IF YOU HAVE FAITH, YOU CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS".
Good thing is it's not even in Christendom alone that this applies. If you an atheist start making a negative confession about yourself for instance, and you consistently do it for a while, I assure you, you'll get what you say. Why not a positive confession? Well because, the forces that bring that to manifestation require FAITH, which you lack. No so with the negatives though, all it takes is for a demon to hold on to what you say, and there you go.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 9:44am On Feb 16, 2018
And about God being angry, Do you not get the basics? We were made in HIS image. So what do you expect?

You should however note some major differences:
1. Whereas human anger may arise at the slightest provocation, in most cases, people consistently indulge in provocative actions for a while, before God shows them his anger.
2. While someone has already repented of their wrongs that angered you, you may still hold on to it, not so with God, You show sign of repentance, and He's forgiven you already.

BRO, THESE REASONS YOU GAVE FOR NOT BELIEVING IN THE CHRISTIAN GOD- ANGER & TREE CURSING- ARE QUITE SHALLOW. THERE ARR FOLKS WHO BELIEVED IN HIM, AND WAITED ON HIM TO COME THROUGH FOR THEM IN A DESPERATE SITUATION, BUT AS IT TURNED OUT, IT APPEARED HE DIDN'T. BUT EVEN FOR SUCH FOLKS, concluding on his non existence isn't the right way to go, instead they should have sought to find out more about why things turned out unfavourably.

I remember studying lenses. I had learnt that converging lenses produce real inverted images. But in several attempts I tried so hard to observe such an image, but given the transparency of the lens, all I saw was the object itself which was upright. Until a day came, when after reading more, I decided to use a specific object location, with the image expected to be formed at a specific location as well Eventually, I saw the image, and it was inverted.
Now, in those days when I had limited knowledge on the subject matter, I could have concluded that the principle wasn't true just because it didn't work for me at the time. But it wouldn't have change that fact of the trueness of the principle, would it?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 9:54am On Feb 16, 2018
darkchild64:

Your bible says that Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever,if he DIDN'T KNOW something during the first century that means at the time he wasn't omniscient,and if by now he has become omniscient that means he has changed, so no matter how you look at the problem is still there
You're very wrong there.
While on earth, did Jesus have the key to the gates of hell? Now does he?
While on earth, did he eat physical food? Now does he?
While on earth, did he have a name above all names? Now does he?
While on earth, was there anything at all he didn't know? Now is there?

So You have made reference to the wrong scripture, as it obviously has no application in this context.

JESUS IS OMNISCIENT, you think otherwise, mention what you think he doesn't know, otherwise, suit yourself.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 10:09am On Feb 16, 2018
Heb 13: 7-9
7.Remember your leaders who have spoken God's word to you. As you carefully observe their lives, imitate their faith.
8. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
9.Don't be led astray by various kinds of strange teachings...

So, if you pay close attention to the context of the scripture you quoted, you'll observe that more than anything else, it's talking about the STANDARDS of Jesus being the same through all ages, and urging Christians not to submit to a different one.

IT IS SUPER OBVIOUS THAT A NUMBER OF CHANGES HAPPENED TO THE PERSONALITY OF JESUS, AFTER HIS RESURRECTION, some of which I highlighted to you in my past post, so don't misquote scriptures. JESUS IS OMNISCIENT.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by jamescross: 10:32am On Feb 16, 2018
chemystery:

I assure you that there are some here who will not die until they have seen the Son of Man come as King.”
Matthew 16:28 GNT

Even if he wasn't specific about who the "some" were, we all know that all Jesus' disciples as well as all those existing then were mortals and there is no way any of them will still be alive today waiting for Jesus' second coming.
undecided so you still go around with this
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hadow(m): 11:27am On Feb 16, 2018
budaatum:

And imagine darkchild64, if your body were to pray to your spirit or soul, are they praying to the same, you?

yes they are because they are both separate entities and also one
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hadow(m): 11:28am On Feb 16, 2018
budaatum:

And imagine darkchild64, if your body were to pray to your spirit or soul, are they praying to the same, you?

yes they are because they are both separate entities and also one 1 john 5:7
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hadow(m): 11:30am On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:
What beliefs exactly?
anointing oil, water, and use of "mantles"
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 11:38am On Feb 16, 2018
hadow:

anointing oil, water, and use of "mantles"
So, how are they unbiblical? Didn't you read about people experience with them through the Apostles?

They are basically instruments through which God's power can be made to flow.

There are abuses though? Just as you have with everything else, but those aren't enough to discredit them.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hadow(m): 11:40am On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

So, how are they unbiblical? Didn't you read about people experience with them through the Apostles?

They are basically instruments through which God's power can be made to flow.

There are abuses though? Just as you have with everything else, but those aren't enough to discredit them.

the apostles used them wow please give me the references(scriptural)
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by ZirdoRoray(m): 11:52am On Feb 16, 2018
The God of the Bible also allows slavery,including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 & Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies
against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).
This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person.

Truth is the Bible is a Jewish weapon that was created by Jews to dominate the world through series Wars and Conquest because the Jews/Israelis saw themselves as a minority. Take a read at the bible, it's filled with animal sacrifices, violence and bloodlust.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by GoodMuyis(m): 12:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
obiZEAL:

How you dey think seff....this guy is the owner of the largest online forum in west Africa (if not Africa seff) and you think he has time for this?

Strive Masiywa is a Billionaire Businessman. He do post on his facebook page, read peoples comment and reply them if necessary. He once like my comment among other thousands. Seun is not there yet so he should be able to respond, even as the issue affect the credibility of his unbelief
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by GoodMuyis(m): 12:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I serve the one true God, FSM. He was the one that revealed this truth to me

Should should be Dangote supplier grin
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 12:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
hadow:

the apostles used them wow please give me the references(scriptural)
Acts 19:11-12
11. God was performing extraordinary miracles by Paul's hands,
12 so that even facecloths or work aprons (also sweatbands and sweatcloths or handkerchiefs) that had touched his skin were brought to the sick, and the diseases left them, and the evil spirits came out of them.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 12:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
ZirdoRoray:
The God of the Bible also allows slavery,including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 & Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies
against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).
This type of criminal behavior should shock any moral person.

Truth is the Bible is a Jewish weapon that was created by Jews to dominate the world through series Wars and Conquest because the Jews/Israelis saw themselves as a minority. Take a read at the bible, it's filled with animal sacrifices, violence and bloodlust.

Read more carefully.
verse 7 of Exodus says "When a man sells his own daughter as a slave...."
Who is to blame here? You have a daughter, rather than being responsible enough to take the best care of her, you decide of all things to just sell her off and get it over with.

If things were as you're trying to portray, you'd be able to find a scripture where God told people to start selling off their daughters. But that was not the case, which is why it's certain you can't find any scripture that proves God did any such thing.

Now, I know, what you may argue is that, God being a perfect God, should have condemned such an act. But the fact is if God was to specifically make condemnation on every kind of evil a man's heart can conceive, the list could be endless.

Finally, whatever situations warrants a man to decide to sell of his daughter would be such in which the daughter would be. better off for it. Who wants to be with a father that's cruel enough to want to sell them off? so it probably better the daughter leaves the irresponsible father, which is why it may have seemed to you that God didn't condemn the act.

YOU GUYS MUST REALLY BE DOING A LOT OF DIGGING INTO THE SCRIPTURES TRYING TO FIND FAULTS THAT DON'T EXIST.

GOOD ONE THOUGH, EVEN IF YOU'RE EITHER IGNORING OR MISQUOTING THE BULK OF IT. STILL GREAT YOU'RE READING.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by simplex2: 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:
Meanwhile, other than the timing of His return, what else do you think He doesn't know? What if he actually chose while on earth not to ask the Father about it? .

Hold on...

Isn't Jesus same as God? I mean, 'one in three persons'? Like, was there a God in heaven when Jesus was on earth?

2 Likes

Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by ZirdoRoray(m): 1:09pm On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

Read more carefully.
verse 7 of Exodus says "When a man sells his own daughter as a slave...."
Who is to blame here? You have a daughter, rather than being responsible enough to take the best care of her, you decide of all things to just sell her off and get it over with.

If things were as you're trying to portray, you'd be able to find a scripture where God told people to start selling off their daughters. But that was not the case, which is why it's certain you can't find any scripture that proves God did any such thing.

Now, I know, what you may argue is that, God being a perfect God, should have condemned such an act. But the fact is if God was to specifically make condemnation on every kind of evil a man's heart can conceive, the list could be endless.

Finally, whatever situations warrants a man to decide to sell of his daughter would be such in which the daughter would be. better off for it. Who wants to be with a father that's cruel enough to want to sell them off? so it probably better the daughter leaves the irresponsible father, which is why it may have seemed to you that God didn't condemn the act.

YOU GUYS MUST REALLY BE DOING A LOT OF DIGGING INTO THE SCRIPTURES TRYING TO FIND FAULTS THAT DON'T EXIST.

GOOD ONE THOUGH, EVEN IF YOU'RE EITHER IGNORING OR MISQUOTING THE BULK OF IT. STILL GREAT YOU'RE READING.

It shows that Yahweh is God of injustice. He knew all along the suffering of humans yet did a very bad job at preventing it.
Thanks for getting me started..
1. God decides to punish everyone because of two people's sin.. lol
"In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children. ... Thy husband ...
shall rule over thee."
God punishes Eve, and all women after her, with the pains of
childbirth and subjection to men. Gen. 3:16

2. God likes Abel's dead animals better than Cain's fruits and
vegetables. Why? Well, no reason is given, but it probably has something to do with the amount of pain, blood, and gore
involved. Gen 4:3-5

3. Lamech kills a man and claims that since Cain's murderer
would be punished sevenfold, whoever murders him will be
punished seventy-seven fold. That sounds fair. Gen 4:23-24

4. "I will destroy ... both man and beast."
God is angry. He decides to destroy all humans, beasts,
creeping things, fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown them all. Gen. 6:7 , 17

5. "Every living substance that I have made will I destroy."
God repeats his intention to kill "every living substance ...
from off the face of the earth." But why does God kill all the
innocent animals? What had they done to deserve his wrath?
It seems God never gets his fill of tormenting animals. Gen 7:4
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 1:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
simplex2:

Hold on...

Isn't Jesus same as God? I mean, 'one in three persons'? Like, was there a God in heaven when Jesus was on earth?
Yes. There was God the father in heaven while Jesus was on earth.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
ZirdoRoray:

It shows that Yahweh is God of injustice. He knew all along the suffering of humans yet did a very bad job at preventing it.
Thanks for getting me started..
1. God decides to punish everyone because of two people's sin.. lol
"In sorrow thou shalt bring forth children. ... Thy husband ...
shall rule over thee."
God punishes Eve, and all women after her, with the pains of
childbirth and subjection to men. Gen. 3:16

2. God likes Abel's dead animals better than Cain's fruits and
vegetables. Why? Well, no reason is given, but it probably has something to do with the amount of pain, blood, and gore
involved. Gen 4:3-5

3. Lamech kills a man and claims that since Cain's murderer
would be punished sevenfold, whoever murders him will be
punished seventy-seven fold. That sounds fair. Gen 4:23-24

4. "I will destroy ... both man and beast."
God is angry. He decides to destroy all humans, beasts,
creeping things, fowls, and "all flesh wherein there is breath of life." He plans to drown them all. Gen. 6:7 , 17

5. "Every living substance that I have made will I destroy."
God repeats his intention to kill "every living substance ...
from off the face of the earth." But why does God kill all the
innocent animals? What had they done to deserve his wrath?
It seems God never gets his fill of tormenting animals. Gen 7:4

Well, I currently have a divided attention.
But let's see:
1. Your case against God would have held some weight if after giving the punishment, God didn't provide a way out for those who would take it. Those folks were warned beforehand, and if forever reason, they yet went ahead to misbehave, then their punishment was deserved.

2. On why God kills innocent animals? Are you vegetarian? Are all atheists so? There basically isn't any such thing as innocence when it comes to animals that get killed. Don't overwork yourself, they are mere animals. Their purposes don't exceed some ecological functions and to be available to man for food. If you want to tow the path of fighting their cause, then why not advocate for the earth too. How men mess up its crust, or mountains, how they get blown up.

3. The basic issue in the acceptability of the Cain and Abel offerings was the attitude each one had at giving. One's attitude was better than the other's, hence the reason he was accepted. The one with the I'll attitude developed it into one that caused him to murder his own brother

4. You're saying Lamech's statement isn't fair? who says it is?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by ZirdoRoray(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

Well, I currently have a divided attention.
But let's see:
1. Your case against God would have held some weight if after giving the punishment, God didn't provide a way out for those who would take it. Those folks were warned beforehand, and if forever reason, they yet went ahead to misbehave, then their punishment was deserved.

2. On why God kills innocent animals? Are you vegetarian? Are all atheists so? There basically isn't any such thing as innocence when it comes to animals that get killed. Don't overwork yourself, they are mere animals. Their purposes don't exceed some ecological functions and to be available to man for food. If you want to tow the path of fighting their cause, then why not advocate for the earth too. How men mess up its crust, or mountains, how they get blown up.

3. The basic issue in the acceptability of the Cain and Abel offerings was the attitude each one had at giving. One's attitude was better than the other's, hence the reason he was accepted. The one with the I'll attitude developed it into one that caused him to murder his own brother

4. You're saying Lamech's statement isn't fair? who says it is?

So God decides to punish everyone because of their sins and you see no problem with that..lol
God created the universe but he loves seeing animals being killed and their blood poured around. He loves the stink and calls it a sweet aroma..lol
God rewards cain for killing Abel.. that's clearly injustice. Lamech decided to act on it.. This god is impossible. Moral decay started with him.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
ZirdoRoray:

So God decides to punish everyone because of their sins and you see no problem with that..lol
God created the universe but he loves seeing animals being killed and their blood poured around. He loves the stink and calls it a sweet aroma..lol
God rewards cain for killing Abel.. that's clearly injustice. Lamech decided to act on it.. This god is impossible. Moral decay started with him.
You're getting it all wrong.
First, when there are laws, whoever breaks them deserves being punished. The good side with God's justice system is that he freely pardons should you asks Him.

For Cain, God didn't reward him for killing Abel, He wouldn't. Cain cried to God, and God had mercy on him. That's how freely God forgives.

On the animals?

Let's say you bought a pair of shoes for USD 2,000.00. The fact that you regard that pair of shoes as special and make it your most significant shoe, doesn't mean your 200-naira Dunlop slippers qualify for the same honour.

Go and read the creation. story again, see what the animals were created for, and see that they don't have the place you're trying to accord them. They're just animals, and killing them is no more of a deal than the tilling the earth is. The one who made them is alright with man killing them. Why should you be overly bothered?
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by hadow(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

Acts 19:11-12
11. God was performing extraordinary miracles by Paul's hands,
12 so that even facecloths or work aprons (also sweatbands and sweatcloths or handkerchiefs) that had touched his skin were brought to the sick, and the diseases left them, and the evil spirits came out of them.

hence my question did they use it it was people who needed a physical reference to faith who used it. its just like u saying Jesus used his cloth to heal the woman with the issue of blood
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by ZirdoRoray(m): 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

You're getting it all wrong.
First, when there are laws, whoever breaks them deserves being punished. The good side with God's justice system is that he freely pardons should you asks Him.

For Cain, God didn't reward him for killing Abel, He wouldn't. Cain cried to God, and God had mercy on him. That's how freely God forgives.

On the animals?

Let's say you bought a pair of shoes for USD 2,000.00. The fact that you regard that pair of shoes as special and make it your most significant shoe, doesn't mean your 200-naira Dunlop slippers qualify for the same honour.

Go and read the creation. story again, see what the animals were created for, and see that they don't have the place you're trying to accord them. They're just animals, and killing them is no more of a deal than the tilling the earth is. The one who made them is alright with man killing them. Why should you be overly bothered?
An eternal punishment on billions of innocent souls that have no idea of a finite act of sin by their ancestors is justified to you?.. lol.
Your child disobeyed you therefore they have to suffer forever and all the generations to be must suffer forever...lol
More so he is flawed because he saw his mistakes of accepting blood sacrifices and decided to stop this later on. Why couldn't he figure this from the beginning? Since he is all compassionate, why not prevent the death of Abel rather than watch him get killed and do nothing to bring him back to life.. lol Why not end the world sufferings?

"Into your hand are they (the animals) delivered." God gave
the animals to humans, and they can do whatever they please
with them. This verse has been used by bible believers to
justify all kinds of cruelty to animals and environmental
destruction. Gen 9:2

More loading...
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 2:31pm On Feb 16, 2018
hadow:

hence my question did they use it it was people who needed a physical reference to faith who used it. its just like u saying Jesus used his cloth to heal the woman with the issue of blood
So what's the difference?
The principle is that God's power can be made to flow through such materials- from a man of God to those who need its manifestion. What other explanation do you want to give to the effectiveness of those materials?

What the story of the woman who touched Jesus' hem illustrates is the faith of that woman. Whereas what the writings in the scripture I quoted for you illustrates is the possibility of having the power of God flow through certain materials.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
ZirdoRoray:

Then he is flawed because he saw his mistakes of accepting blood sacrifices and decided to stop this later on. Why couldn't he figure this from the beginning? Since he is all compassionate, why not prevent the death of Abel rather than watch him get killed and do nothing to bring him back to life.. lol
You have the wrong concept about God, brother. If God would prevent Abel's death, then he would billions others that have happened afterwards. You're wrong in thinking that's what he exists for?

As per wanting the blood of animals at one point, and later requesting it no more. That surely doesn't make him flawed. If at one point, you used to go again and again to switch your Gen on after a power failure. You already knew that by the start of the coming year, you would have gotten a better power system that just automatically turns on in milliseconds after an outrage. If by that time you no longer go out again and again, it doesn't mean you were flawed for using a different approach initially. It just means that for some reason, you chose to stick with the old method at the time.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by awesomeJ(m): 2:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
If you however argue that the old method was flawed, then I don't think there'd be anyone to dispute that.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by ZirdoRoray(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
awesomeJ:

You have the wrong concept about God, brother. If God would prevent Abel's death, then he would billions others that have happened afterwards. You're wrong in thinking that's what he exists for?

As per wanting the blood of animals at one point, and later requesting it no more. That surely doesn't make him flawed. If at one point, you used to go again and again to switch your Gen on after a power failure. You already knew that by the start of the coming year, you would have gotten a better power system that just automatically turns on in milliseconds after an outrage. If by that time you no longer go out again and again, it doesn't mean you were flawed for using a different approach initially. It just means that for some reason, you chose to stick with the old method at the time.

That's because he is a work of human imagination. A very vengeful one at that. Drop the fear of going to hell and look at this from a logical point of view, it helps.
Your God never stops amazing me..

Gen. 12:17
God sends a plague on the Pharaoh and his household
because the Pharaoh believed Abram's lie.

Gen. 18:32
"I will not destroy it for ten's sake."
I guess God couldn't find even ten good Sodomites because
he decides to kill them all in Genesis 19. Too bad Abraham
didn't ask God about the children. Why not save them? If
Abraham could find 10 good children, toddlers, infants, or
babies, would God spare the city? Apparently not. God
doesn't give a damn about children.
Re: Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
obiZEAL:

How you dey think seff....this guy is the owner of the largest online forum in west Africa (if not Africa seff) and you think he has time for this?

Na you go talk for the guy? So because he owns the largest online forum in the world he won't have time for other things.
If he's married, because of his large site he won't have time for his kids and wife.

Many of you guys claiming not to believe in God don't realise you already have one you worship so passionately and that is Seun.

Seun has not told us he doesn't have time to respond but you already know.

May be you are thinking he doesn't have time to breath also. grin

Nairaland Atheists I salute una. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How Sex Can Make You Miss Your Ultimate Flight / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Praying In Tongues For Seven Hours: Powerful Testimonies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.