Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,447 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. (2473 Views)

Breaking :benignant Forte Nig Ltd Crashes Just Like MBA FOREX / Ease Of Doing Business: World Bank Group Rates Enugu State 2nd In Nigeria / The Must Know Taxes For Doing Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. by DatsAll1mSayin(m): 4:19pm On Feb 11, 2018
Good day my fellow business men and women.

I would like to give a stern warning to anyone investing in commodities export or doing any business with JOCAROL NIG LTD. This is an indigenous company which parades itself as an expert in the export business particularly charcoal. Their office is located somewhere along Opebi road, Ikeja Lagos. The company also carries out commodity export training and their adverts are at times found on national dailies.

I would not go into exact details, but investors should be wary about doing business with them.

I had an open contract to supply ten 40ft 23MT containers of charcoal with Jocarol last year, meaning I could supply a minimum of one to ten containers and then more based on performance.

I paid a brokerage fee of N300,000 and another N850,000 for an initial container and processing feess. JOCAROL promised to handle the supplies and recommended the agent which my company used. After the container was shipped, I had to wait for an additional four months to get the payment even though they guaranteed I would get the payment within six weeks.

It was at the point of payment that JOCAROL told me I was being paid for only 17MT. I asked them who was going to be responsible for the deficit in weigth and they said the suppliers.

Till now (about two years) I have still not been paid the deficit and JOCAROL has stopped responding to my calls. It was not until recently that I found out that some other people also had the same experience.

Nigerians need to be wise and avoid all these fraudulent companies that can kill a business dream. Together we can rid our society of all these fraudsters.

A word is enough for the wise.

2 Likes

Re: Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. by Pentools(m): 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
DatsAll1mSayin:

I would like to give a stern warning to anyone investing in commodities export or doing any business with JOCAROL NIG LTD. This is an indigenous company which parades itself as an expert in the export business particularly charcoal. Their office is located somewhere along Opebi road, Ikeja Lagos. The company also carries out commodity export training and their adverts are at times found on national dailies.

I would not go into exact details, but investors should be wary about doing business with them.

I had an open contract to supply ten 40ft 23MT containers of charcoal with Jocarol last year, meaning I could supply a minimum of one to ten containers and then more based on performance.

I paid a brokerage fee of N300,000 and another N850,000 for an initial container and processing feess. JOCAROL promised to handle the supplies and recommended the agent which my company used. After the container was shipped, I had to wait for an additional four months to get the payment even though they guaranteed I would get the payment within six weeks.

It was at the point of payment that JOCAROL told me I was being paid for only 17MT. I asked them who was going to be responsible for the deficit in weigth and they said the suppliers.

Till now (about two years) I have still not been paid the deficit and JOCAROL has stopped responding to my calls. It was not until recently that I found out that some other people also had the same experience.

Nigerians need to be wise and avoid all these fraudulent companies that can kill a business dream. Together we can rid our society of all these fraudsters.

Quite bad and appalling.
Hope u get justice soon by getting your money back but if u can't, just send me a pm I will be so willing to help with no fees...FREE OF CHARGE!!!! cheers!
Re: Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. by gowatonz: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Dear [Name]
As a company, we’ve been known over the years to be reputable and always deliver on our promises.

Since we’ve not been able to identify you in person, we would address this on a general note.
The following reasons could have resulted in this occurrence with any export company as Jocarol Nigeria Limited:

1. You didn’t do your inspection as at when required, because the presence of every shipper is always required at loading site.
2. You didn’t seek the local inspectors that Jocarol Nigeria Limited offered you.
3. Delay in the payment could be as a result of the shipping company that carried your container and this isn’t attributable to Jocarol Nigeria Limited.

Our delight remains the fact that you were paid for your exported container and this demonstrates the integrity of our buyers.

We are however sorry for this occurrence and we look forward to resolving this with you at our Head Office.

DatsAll1mSayin:
Good day my fellow businessmen and women.

Re: Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. by Chanils(f): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
DatsAll1mSayin:

Thank God I saw this. I was about calling him to renew my contract with him.

3 Likes

Re: Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. by jocarol: 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2018
Hello,
We've responded since the last time you made this comment. But we didn't have you come to our office to resolve this. If your claims were cogent and true, you would have come straight away to our office.

We are writing this to enlighten the general public to be wary of your troll. This is obviously an attempt to dent our reputation and hinder others from investing in the export business. We advise everyone to disregard this. We can only claim this to our competitors.

Thanks,
The Jocarol Nigeria Limited Team

==========Previous Reply=====================

As a company, we’ve been known over the years to be reputable and always deliver on our promises.

Since we’ve not been able to identify you in person, we would address this on a general note.
The following reasons could have resulted in this occurrence with any export company as Jocarol Nigeria Limited:

1. You didn’t do your inspection as at when required, because the presence of every shipper is always required at the loading site.
2. You didn’t seek the local inspectors that Jocarol Nigeria Limited offered you.
3. Delay in the payment could be as a result of the shipping company that carried your container and this isn’t attributable to Jocarol Nigeria Limited.

Our delight remains the fact that you were paid for your exported container and this demonstrates the integrity of our buyers.

We are however sorry for this occurrence as you claimed and we look forward to resolving this with you at our Head Office.

Chanils:

Thank God I saw this. I was about calling him to renew my contract with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scam Alert!!! Warning Against Doing Business With Jocarol Nig Ltd. by fescope: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
Its quite interesting running into this thread. My encounter with Jocarol was in 2013. Apart from the training and excursion, the other benefits of the training like export contract was never fulfilled. The various complaints and visits to their office never yielded any positive outcome. You learn to give up and move on at eventually.

The person was probably tired of your shenanigans like me. He vented on this forum and moved on. Why will he return to your office? All the best Jocarol....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fully Equiped Unisex Salon For sale / Legit Airtime Buyer Is Here: Exchange Your Airtime To Cash Within Minutes / I Want To Start An Ibo Restaurant In London And I Need Your Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.