Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,263 members, 7,780,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:03 PM

I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again (32127 Views)

I Need Recommendation For A Tecno Phone For My Son Of 17yrs, For 25/30000 / Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos) / This Is Why I Will Not Use A Tecno Phone Again... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by SoulB6: 8:01am On Feb 12, 2018
In Tecno I trust

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by miketayo(m): 8:06am On Feb 12, 2018
Team Nokia grin

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 12, 2018
eleojo23:
Find your way to the Xiaomi thread ASAP grin

Enjoying my Xiaomi all the way (Snapdragon 625 4000mah). I dey press the phone nonstop..

If you buy quality stuff, there will be no need for service center.

Bro how much does the Xiaomi cost?

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Tunks2017(m): 8:07am On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
I bought a useless tecno w3 from 3chub august 2017 and just imagine it parked up last week under normal usage without it falling or
anything lik that.

I didnt com up again after weeks of it hanging seriously and took it to their engineers who told be the panel is damaged i will never in my life spend a dime on those worthless chinko crap and i encourage you not to do the same.

Why not go for gionee...........
Been good & standing strong

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by sirlop(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2018
emekaD3:
Bro, sometimes we just have bad luck with electronics, bought an iphone 6 when it just came out , it packed up in 10 days, i vex and started using cheap tecno and infinix phones, this year again i bought a macbook pro and now the speakers are dead within 2 weeks... both purchases were brand new and original.
You guys fail to understand the point. For everyone to be complaining about tecno and infinix phones shows there is something wrong. Everybody can’t be insane.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 12, 2018
I have never heard such complaints from iPhone users!
We got class!!!

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Lomprico2: 8:11am On Feb 12, 2018
Welcome to the club. grin
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by favourmic(m): 8:12am On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
I bought a useless tecno w3 from 3chub august 2017 and just imagine it parked up last week under normal usage without it falling or
anything lik that.

I didnt com up again after weeks of it hanging seriously and took it to their engineers who told be the panel is damaged i will never in my life spend a dime on those worthless chinko crap and i encourage you not to do the same.

https://www.nairaland.com/4196190/tecno-l9-plus-scam-please

read this they try to scam me as well asking for 42k and it only take me 4k to get it fix
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by CastedAyo: 8:14am On Feb 12, 2018
eleojo23:
Find your way to the Xiaomi thread ASAP grin

Enjoying my Xiaomi all the way (Snapdragon 625, 3gb/32gb, 4000mah). I dey press the phone nonstop..

If you buy quality stuff, there will be no need for service center.

What's its name and how much
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 12, 2018
too many critic of tecno, where are those paid to disinform tecno champs, burying their heads in shame.

if you re budget conscious get a coolpad, its better than tecno and infinix combined.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by debedebe(m): 8:21am On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
anything lik that.

My brother,not only Tecno, I brought infinix note 2 last year around January at slot ikeja, nothing happen to the phone on till early this year when i was just charging it,when i came to check my phone if it has been fully charged i found that the phone is off,before i knew what is happening I was told that the panel has got spoiled,to replace the panel now I was told is 19k, I don tire for all this useless phones, I just got myself a Nokia5 last 2weeks am enjoying it... They always bring scrap phones to Nigeria...so bad.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by eleojo23: 8:22am On Feb 12, 2018
megrimor:

Bro how much does the Xiaomi cost?

It depends on the one you want. They have a wide range of products with the least starting from around 35k.
Mine is the Note 4/Note 4X category and it goes for around 50-65k depending on the ROM size.

They also have high end ones of above 100k

cc: castedAyo

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by EmperorAlonzo1: 8:24am On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
anything lik that.

ehya i feel ur pain
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Abogwara: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
anything lik that.

I have encountered same on Samsung and it is a thing of luck. Tecno is a good brand.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by CHII2017(f): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2018
DanXplore:
I keep telling people to shun all these tecno, Infinix etc, they thought I was just been naive. I only go for brands with track record. If it is not Samsung, I go for IPhones. For tablets, I use IPad. For tvs, air conditioners etc I use LG, Samsung and other reputable brands. They might be slightly expensive but 10 out of 10 times, I get value for the money spent. I am currently using a Samsung phone that was bought 2years ago and till date, it is still on point. Never took it for repairs for once. I am about dashing my younger bro this current phone and going for another Samsung or iPhone soonest.
Exactly April ll make it 3yrs I started using my Samsung till today I hvnt taken it anywhere for repair.Very neat n strong

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by femimat(m): 8:30am On Feb 12, 2018
Fake phones. Using Samsung note... Left Samsung for Infinix note 4....i regretted big time... Can't wait to go back to Samsung Note... Just waiting for Note 8 price to come down a little. That's my next phone definitely.

Please If you can avoid... Tecno, Infinix and the like.... Run!
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Tex42(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2018
Have been using my techno P9 since March 2015 ,it's yet to malfunction or give me the reason to take it for repairs.

These things happen, electronic devices do park up without much use.its not peculiar to techno or infinix alone.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Absuchat(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2018
Used my tecno L6 for two good years without issues, then upgraded to infinix note 3 pro last year, and I must confess, the phone is everything I have ever wanted in a mobile phone, from the battery capacity, to the fast charging.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by CastedAyo: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2018
eleojo23:

It depends on the one you want. They have a wide range of products with the least starting from around 35k.
Mine is the Note 4/Note 4X category and it goes for around 50-65k depending on the ROM size.

They also have high end ones of above 100k

cc: castedAyo

The one you're using currently how much do you bought it
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Teeboi56: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2018
Tecno, infinix re affordable dats y more people re using it u can't compare it to Samsung or iPhone

But to me I never repair my chinko for once becos I see dat more people are complain about it
Changing of phone like hand bag
am Currently using k9 plus but by next week I upgrade to CM tecno
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by delvinho: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2018
tgmservice:
anything lik that.

Very funny... Even I know someone who got a tear rubber toyota venza last year... The engine knocked in less than a month! He took it back and was given a new one! That it's new doesn't mean it's perfect... Different grade of phones from a phone company have their peculiar issues nd then again there is the issue of hard luck! I bought my infinix hotenote(x551) first week of September 2015..... I m still using it right now without any internal issues... The only thing i have changed is the sensor... That one is my fault cos the phone fell from a great height and the sensor was shattered... So if you do the maths... It means I have been using the phone now for about 2years and 4months plus.... There was a time I used an HTC one plus.... I didn't enjoy that phone for up to 5 months before it had issues... I swore I wasn't gonna use HTC products again... The same HTC my friends are using without issues.... So my dear... It doesn't work that way.... A friend of mine used Samsung so or so last year's just for few months before it parked up... He took it back to the seller and upgraded to another Samsung... He is a Samsung fan... There are stories too of even the much famed iphones..... It's the same all over.
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Ebios(m): 8:35am On Feb 12, 2018
Fmdipo:
I have been using my TECNO L8+ since August 2016 and last month was the first time I would spend money on it for repair (just 3k for charging problem)
l was afraid of mine bcus of d thread n all those who av commented until l saw ur comment...on the 3lst of Jan,2018 l bought a tab(Tecno Droipad 7#28,000).
So many friends of mine kicked against it but l went n bought it.l am enjoying it.
I think it depends on usage too thought m still counting the days,months,years,decades(lol)
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by eleojo23: 8:41am On Feb 12, 2018
CastedAyo:

The one you're using currently how much do you bought it

Redmi Note 4

$150.. approximately 55k

cc:gidibankz
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by GIDIBANKZ(m): 8:50am On Feb 12, 2018
lanre316:
I bought infinix note 4 around late last year for 55k. After using it for less than one month, the fast charging stopped working. They told me I need to change the panel for 35k. I just walk away from their so-called Carl Care in anger and bitterness. I vowed that's the last time I will touch anything tecno, infinix or itel again. I am currently using redmi note 4x and I feel like slapping myself for having used tecno in the past.

Hw much is the Redmi note 4x
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by ddjay: 8:52am On Feb 12, 2018
lostluggage:
lol, i always tell folks that these chinko phones have expiry dates.. grin
grin and they will buy it before it expires then rush to nairaland to complain after the expiry date
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by fibonacci2526: 8:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Teeboi56:
Tecno, infinix re affordable dats y more people re using it u can't compare it to Samsung or iPhone

But to me I never repair my chinko for once becos I see dat more people are complain about it
Changing of phone like hand bag
am Currently using k9 plus but by next week I upgrade to CM tecno

That's the challenge here, we have phones from reputable brands like Xiaomi, Huawei or Meizu that are also super affordable and far better than what these local players are giving out but most people are afraid to try them cos of lack of "service centres". Used Xiaomi and Meizu in the past and i slept very well at night. Never had any ish before I upgraded.

It's become so bad that the first thing an average nigerian think about before you buying a phone is the presence of service centres which really shows we don't even trust them not to mess up down the line. lollll.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by EEZe(m): 8:54am On Feb 12, 2018
Try GIONEE and give your testimony

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by tkaymuo(m): 8:57am On Feb 12, 2018
delvinho:

Very funny... Even I know someone who got a tear rubber toyota venza last year... The engine knocked in less than a month! He took it back and was given a new one! That it's new doesn't mean it's perfect... Different grade of phones from a phone company have their peculiar issues nd then again there is the issue of hard luck! I bought my infinix hotenote(x551) first week of September 2015..... I m still using it right now without any internal issues... The only thing i have changed is the sensor... That one is my fault cos the phone fell from a great height and the sensor was shattered... So if you do the maths... It means I have been using the phone now for about 2years and 4months plus.... There was a time I used an HTC one plus.... I didn't enjoy that phone for up to 5 months before it had issues... I swore I wasn't gonna use HTC products again... The same HTC my friends are using without issues.... So my dear... It doesn't work that way.... A friend of mine used Samsung so or so last year's just for few months before it parked up... He took it back to the seller and upgraded to another Samsung... He is a Samsung fan... There are stories too of even the much famed iphones..... It's the same all over.

Liar!!!.. There is no brand new Venza in production again

6 Likes

Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Broderick555: 8:59am On Feb 12, 2018
mannycrown:
Story for the gods. Even a brand new car can malfunction or breakdown after payment from the car shop.
All the Infinix I ever used and currently using havent been fixed for any issue.
My Note 3 pro is still breathing and soon be ready to be given to a new owner for Infinix Zero 5.
By the way my first Tecno was Tecno F5. Used. Never fixed. Sold and upped to Infinix Hot Note. Used. Never fixed. Gave out. Upped to Infinix Note 2 Pro. Used. Never fixed. Sold. Upped to Infinix Note 3. Used. Never fixed. Sold. Upped to Infinix Zero 4. Used. Never fixed. Sold. Downed to Note 3 Pro. Warming up to up soon to Infinix Zero 5.
I'm a Proud Infinix Fan. #BigBatteryAdvantage #ValueForMoney #Affordable
BRO CHINKOOOO
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by Juvi: 8:59am On Feb 12, 2018
lanre316:
I bought infinix note 4 around late last year for 55k. After using it for less than one month, the fast charging stopped working. They told me I need to change the panel for 35k. I just walk away from their so-called Carl Care in anger and bitterness. I vowed that's the last time I will touch anything tecno, infinix or itel again. I am currently using redmi note 4x and I feel like slapping myself for having used tecno in the past.
My Redmi Note 4x is already on the way. no more using MTK devices angry angry
Re: I Will Never In My Life Buy A Tecno Phone Again by mhizcassidy001(f): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2018
gionee where una dey? tecno pack well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Get First Bank Quick Loan, With No Collateral (student Loan) / NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans / Five Most Used Phone in Nigeria 2014 ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.