Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid (23807 Views)

Market Women Gift Wike Groundnuts As They Celebrate His Governorship Victory / Chris Ekpenyong: I Will Expose Akpabio If He Dares Me / The Presidential Candidate FFK Won’t Support In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by nwakibie3(m): 9:05am On Feb 12, 2018
Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt

AHEAD of the 2019 governorship election in Rivers State, the Minister of Transportation and the leader of the All Progressives Congress in the state, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has insisted that he will not support the governorship ambition of the lawmaker representing Rivers South-East, Senator Magnus Abe.

The minister spoke on Saturday during a meeting with the Ikwerre Chiefs and Elders’ Forum.

“There is no fight in the APC. I am not in any way stopping Abe from running for the governorship (position), but what I know is that I will not support him. Abe is daring me; an Ikwerre son. He is abusing me every day. I will ensure I use Ikwerre vote on him,” he said.

He added that his Ikwerre ethnic group had 1.1 million votes out of the 2.5 million eligible voters in the state.

Amaechi maintained that the position of the governor in the state was rotational among the various ethnic groups, saying that it would amount to greed should Ikwerre hold on to power for more than 12 years.

The former governor said he would support a person from the riverine area to occupy the position of the governor for eight years before power would move to Ogoni.

“At the moment, we have not chosen a candidate. Only God will decide who will become the next governor,” Amaechi stressed.

The Chairman of IACEF, Chief Sunny Dikeh, promised to support Amaechi to ensure that the APC regained power in the state.

Dikeh, who called on Amaechi to forgive those who betrayed him, said, “We are aware sir that some Ikwerre sons and daughters have betrayed you after assisting them to attain heights that ordinarily they would not have attained. We are here to say sorry and also apologise on their behalf.”

Meanwhile, Abe has said the people of the state reserve the right to determine who their leaders will be, stressing that the state must come first.

Abe spoke on Saturday during a victory thanksgiving/reception by the federal and state lawmakers elected on the platform of the APC in Rivers State.

The APC legislators include Abe, as well as the members representing Eleme/Tai/Oyigbo, Khana/Gokana and Emohua/Ikwerre federal constituencies in the House of Representatives, Barry Mpigi, Maurice Pronen and Chidi Wihioka, respectively.

Others are the members representing Eleme, Khana II and Tai constituencies in the Rivers State House of Assembly, Josiah Olu; Friday Nkeeh and Mathew Dike, respectively.

The senator said, “Now is the time to put the interest of the state ahead of anything else. We must work together so that the people can benefit from the politics we play.”

http://punchng.com/abe-dares-me-i-wont-back-his-gov-bid-amaechi/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 12, 2018
Amaechi is just struggling for relevance...

-The ministerial position not giving him much influence.
-The traitor in him has made APC weary of him, if he could go against his people, he could always go against visitors.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by baralatie(m): 9:33am On Feb 12, 2018
Amaechi go let ogoni become governor of rivers. abeg e!

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by IkpuNnu(f): 9:33am On Feb 12, 2018
“There is no fight in the APC. I am not in any way stopping Abe from running for the governorship (position), but what I know is that I will not support him. Abe is daring me; an Ikwerre son. He is abusing me every day. I will ensure I use Ikwerre vote on him,” he said.

The Lion Of Ubima Himself...GEJ dared you and returned to Otuoke....Wike Dared You and Lost 2 Senatorial Seats In Rivers State..

2019 Will be the final Judgment... 32 States will be having their elections the same day..No media focus on any state...leaving Amaechi and Wike to battle it out...And there will be only one winner..

26 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by Omeokachie: 9:36am On Feb 12, 2018
Is he talking about the same Abe that is now 'in bed' with Wike and the PDP?

This man no no say train don leave am for terminal.

Abe will return to the Senate with Wike's support once he decamps to the PDP.

Amaechi is talking about ikwere 1.1m votes. Is Wike a Kalabari man? Will Amaechi garner more ikwerre votes than Wike, Omehia, and Austin Opara put together?

Amaechi no even know politics. No wonder APC leaders are against him becoming Buhari's DG, claiming that he is immature.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by FarahAideed: 9:39am On Feb 12, 2018
Did the last person you backed win? Hell no ...Sbeg Ameachi should go and sit down

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by aolawale025: 9:45am On Feb 12, 2018
Amaechi may have another impression of himself. He should listen to what the people are saying

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by eTECTIVe(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2018
IkpuNnu:

The Lion Of Ubima Himself...GEJ dared you and returned to Otuoke....Wike Dared You and Lost 2 Senatorial Seats In Rivers State..

2019 Will be the final Judgment... 32 States will be having their elections the same day..No media focus on any state...leaving Amaechi and Wike to battle it out...And there will be only one winner..

I expected U to say "Wike Dared him and lost the Governorship elections"... Amaechi is going to end up grasping at straws on d long run afta he is sidelined by d APC's national leadership.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by akeentech(m): 9:52am On Feb 12, 2018
aolawale025:
Amaechi may have another impression of himself. He should listen to what the people are saying

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by oluwaahmed: 9:52am On Feb 12, 2018
The lizard of Ubima has spoken!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by Spartanville(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2018
h
Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by dust144(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2018
Who is Ameachi?

6 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by maxiuc(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2018
grin
Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 12, 2018
Hahahahaha, APC is a drowning party and 2019 will be worse to them not to talk more of Amaechi.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:54am On Feb 12, 2018
IkpuNnu:

Zombie Rivers is PDP in 2019,PDP would win the senatorial election back because buhari would be fighting for his life to help ameachi,as for the Governorship election,thank God for the Supreme Court

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by davibid: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2018
cry

For

Rivers State

Too many agbero leaders

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by lordkush: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2018
who amechi be?

by gerrout

wike is the new don corleon of Niger politics

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by dipopooo(m): 9:55am On Feb 12, 2018
Stupid talk... Is he God?
Infact Wike till 2023

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by kolafolabi(m): 9:56am On Feb 12, 2018
Magnus Problem, his problem; Your problem, your problem

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by Alphasoar(m): 9:57am On Feb 12, 2018
I ask again, the 1.1 million Ikwere votes, are they all for APC. Is APC the only party in Rivers State. Their gimmicks will just authenticate Wike Second term bid.

Players tongue

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by ciopnigeria: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2018
This Amaechi sabi trouble.

You are not in talking terms with Wike and Pdp
You are not in talking terms with Abe Of Apc

Acting like women

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by YelloweWest: 9:59am On Feb 12, 2018
Look at this lizard. What has your support done for your supporters?

Ameachi has no base in rivers state. To hell your aupport

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by cytell56: 9:59am On Feb 12, 2018
IkpuNnu:

Dey deceive yourself there. This is the end of the road for Amaechi and APC!!!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:00am On Feb 12, 2018
How many of the votes did you use on Wike?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by clefstone(m): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2018
already making it easy for Wike to get re-elected

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by mccoy47(m): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Will their children vote? undecided
Mtcheeeeeeeeeew..
Their business
[img]http:///media/12-24-2016/E1c7QP.gif[/img]
Me minding my own business!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by DIG1: 10:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Tinubu, come and see work ooh, come and settle two aggrieved APC members in Rivers state

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by Hector09(m): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2018
As an ikwerre man, i never wish for an ikwerre man to be governor cus other ethnic group is feeling cheated but no thanks for amaechi and his foolishness, he caused everthing, d bitter truth is that wike we complete his 8 yrs tenure

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by pentax(m): 10:02am On Feb 12, 2018
Like say Apc will win in Rivers state b4

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: Magnus Abe Dares Me, I Won’t Support His Governorship Bid by brainpower(m): 10:04am On Feb 12, 2018
Amaechi should go and sleep. Wike holds the ikwerre people's votes. He can't even win his ward not to talk of winning Ikwerre for himself.

He should concentrate in holding his position in the centre cos those people do not like him.

He's not even in control of the leadership of his party APC in the state.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Magu’s Fall Silences Buhari’s Anti-corruption Vuvuzela By Adam Ibrahim / Valentine: EFCC Shares Recharge Card Vouchers On Twitter. Nigerians React / DSS, Police Petitioned Over Plan To Stage Protest Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.