Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,390 members, 7,800,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions (50454 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Floats Autonomous Financing Channel For Lagos Tertiary Schools / Kano Makes NIN Mandatory For Students In Government Schools / Cohabiting: The Silent Killer Of Students In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
bakynes:

E pain am go to Lagos State instutions and argue with them that you will not learn Yoruba language. Fool.

The Pained person is the one shouting fool with bile...lol.

Lagos is not yoruba land.

Lagos is not a country.

Lagos is Nigeria.

Every citizen of Nigeria will enjoy whatever is available in Lagos.

Come october 2018, As admission goes on, nobody will even remember this illegal law, talk more of obeying it.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2018
LaudableXX:

Federalism and disintegration is not the same. Stop developing high blood pressure, over something you do NOT understand. undecided In disintegration, you break up into separate countries, while in federalism, you still remain part of the same country, but with freedom to make laws that affect your people directly within your region, and also the freedom to take charge of resources found within your area, and use it directly to develop your people and its communities.

As for the law passed by Lagos, it can only be abrogated by a court judgement, or repealed, suspended or modified by another law passed by the same Lagos state house of assembly. Educate yourself and stop misyarning. And use panadol for the headache that this matter has given you.

A individual (a civillian) owns TCN.
Same goes with DISCOS.
Same foe with GENCOS.
Same goes with hundreds of active oil wells across Nigeria, etc.

True federalism will remove these "outside" owners.

THAT'S WHY DISINTEGRATION IS SAME AS FEDERALISM. THE NORTH AINT ALLOWING ANYONE TO MOVE TO FEDERALISM
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Caseless: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
Rubbish law.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
ODVanguard:

See your life? Upon all your huffing and puffing you no even get liver to go court to challenge the law. Smh. I feel una pain though. Lol.

We dont have any pains, we de flex our Lagos all round. From Federal rep, to state rep, to commissioner, to businesses, to countless civil servants under Lagos civil service.

We are okay, the pained ones are the ones making laws to make sure igbos stop gaining admission into Lagos state higher institutions...grin.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2018
LaudableXX:

Oga, there are millions of Indians living in London with some of them holding positions within the British govt, sef. sad Does that mean they won't obey laws made at local level, or by the parliament? It really doesn't matter how many millions of Igbo are in Lagos, they still need to respect and obey laws made by the Lagos state house of assembly, whether they like it or not. If they like, let them attach the word "stakeholder" to their birth certificate.

Stop making too much noise, abeg. If you cannot attend Lagos state-owned tertiary institutions where this law would be made applicable, then attend a federal university where the law does not apply. Chikena! No be by force. Why do you want to kill yahself, over this matter?

I couldn't make sense of ur post.

Basic thing is THE LAW IS A FRUITLESS EXERCISE.

We won't hear bout it again just like the other useless laws ambode made last year grin.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by ODVanguard: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

We dont have any pains, we de flex our Lagos all round. From Federal rep, to state rep, to commissioner, to businesses, to countless civil servants under Lagos civil service.

We are okay, the pained ones are the ones making laws to make sure igbos stop gaining admission into Lagos state higher institutions...grin.

Even though you deny it..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Odingo1: 6:08pm On Feb 12, 2018
If Yoruba want an independent country of Oduduwa,they should be proud enough like Igbos that want Biafra, you cannot form a unilateral government under one Nigeria that you people love so much because of oil money. Break away and form Odua Repulic and do whatever you like with lagos state. Stop hiding under Nigeria, show that you can stand on your two feet.

This law can never hold as far as it is Jamb that control admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by marvin904(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Seenyo:

discombobulated buffoon! hunger must be responsible for your senseless rants!...
have you eaten today?.... hell NO!

ohhh lord leave me na
na your hunger abi na your suffer..
stop disturbing I repeat am not responsible for your useless and miserable life abeg oo
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2018
successinlife:

Lies,France never get headache about english language.Once you are here it is a must you learn french language.English courses in France,yes but no waiver for nobody when you are doing your course,you must pass french language course to study english in France.The idea is to attract Naija students to france and get you pay their school fees.Education is free for the citizen so they need foreigners to come and pay big cash to get the system going.Alot of Asians help finance that sector,don't think english dominates french language,it won't and can never.
Vous dites que le gouvernement français sont capable d'inciter les gens à étudier le français?
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by MrNigeria2018: 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2018
vioment:

Fool, na your problem be that. Cun carry me comot na. Ewu.
It is not by force to learn yoruba. Even-though, yoruba is a great Nigerian language like every other Nigerian language.

If na for Lagos mata, I full ground my guy. I cautious like security system like a sharp lagosian suppose to be. As for my city, I rep Lagos.

I am a proud Lagosian from birth and nothing - not even you and your fore fore fathers can change it idiot. By the way, no yoruba for me; pidgin and english is enough for me. It is not my business if una no dey like move around Nigeria wey follow be una country. If yawa ghas, we full ground. We no dey out of shape. Idiot, lazy idiots, una dey look for which person house una go collect. Why una no say una no want one Nigeria before now, so that my parents for know them square root. As for now, we be whole numbers.

Haha some stubborn Pakistan citizens said more than this before they were kicked out of Indians

A lot said more than this but got roasted alive

I swear with everything on earth, give me your details here and i ll post your dead picture here.

You are a Lagosian by birth you said Scumbagg? lol! what a stark illiterate like his kinsmen, there is no law in Nigeria that make you an indigene of Lagos state by virtue of where you are born in Nigeria. You better go and look for where your useless lineage came from and accept your fate poverty stricken fool. You r an indigene of your useless and worthless forefather village in your erosion ravaged region

Pls, i am praying everyday that Nigeria go their separate ways by war, personally, i want to prove to the whole world that Yorubas ll show you Igbos no mercy. Stay when the war starts and stick to your useless Igbo name. It’s countdown to the d day... It might look like a online rant, we shall see then

We ll not spare any that bear anything Igbo in our land then. In your dying moment, i am 100 sure that you ll remember these words.

Until then, RIP in advance

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
Campusity:
I think this law is not well thought out. What of foreign students? What of children of soldiers or police etc that are transferred to Lagos State and will be denied admission because of yoruba language.

If Lagos wants to be a mega world class city, one of the crucial things to do is to simplify communication among its residents and not foreclose options.

This is a minus to Lagos who usually is a pacesetter.

Those persons should learn their language. If French is compulsory in France, I see no reason why Yoruba shouldn't.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Odingo1: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:

Those persons should learn their language. If French is compulsory in France, I see no reason why Yoruba shouldn't.
Did Yoruba have a country of its own , last I check you people are afraid of Nigeria breakup because Odua cannot stand on its two feet like Biafra. All you people want is to run a mini country under one Nigeria because of oil money.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Adebowale89:

this go beyond education my guy, we are too fast to compare our disorganised governmental system to a stable government of other countries

goto East, even in the bank the igbos ain't ashamed to speak Igbo language but Yoruba here, in a corporate organization, you will hardly know the employee are yorubas

how do we restore our language value if not through schools? the governor unanimously with the lawmakers had passed the law and there is ntn anyone can do to reverse that, so this debate has no meaning to me
You are right but in the east they don't have laws that say you all state institutions most speak Igbo language. It is something that was naturally adopted same way many places in Lagos speak Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
discusant:

What part of the constitution supports this Ambode law on compulsory Yoruba language?

Lawyers must move into action to quash this piece of ethnic bigotry.

Lagos is a cosmopolitan City not Yoruba City.
States are autonomous hence they can make laws that suit them provided it doesn't contraven federal laws. In this instance, federal institutions are exempted from the law

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 12, 2018
Odingo1:

Did Yoruba have a country of its own , last I check you people are afraid of Nigeria breakup because Odua cannot stand on its two feet like Biafra. All you people want is to run a mini country under one Nigeria because of oil money.
First of all am not Yoruba
Secondly Lagos is the way it is because it accommodated different people. That it accommodated many persons doesn't give room for non indigenes to lay claims.
Thirdly Lagos can do without oil money. Revenue from tax alone can feed 10 states in Nigeria. Should the country break, Lagos can stand very well compared to other states

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 12, 2018
marvin904:

ohhh lord leave me na
stop disturbing I repeat am not responsible for your useless and miserable life abeg oo
dejected homo habilis!... why quote me in the 1st place?..... you bastaaard just met your match!
in your damned next life, you'll look before you leap!
bring it on ape!
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
marvin904:

ohhh lord leave me na
dejected homo habilis!... why quote me in the 1st place?..... you bastaaard just met your match!
bring it on, uncircumcised ape!
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Odingo1: 7:04pm On Feb 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:

First of all am not Yoruba
Secondly Lagos is the way it is because it accommodated different people. That it accommodated many persons doesn't give room for non indigenes to lay claims.
Thirdly Lagos can do without oil money. Revenue from tax alone can feed 10 states in Nigeria. Should the country break, Lagos can stand very well compared to other states
Then let Yorubas form Odua Republic and do whatever they like with lagos if they can survive without oil money, they are the most that cry over the media over Biafra and at the same want to run a mini country within one Nigeria, so JAMB will change admission guideline and requirement for tertiary institutions found in Lagos and maybe other part of SW abi and put it that you must have credit in yoruba before you enter their school.

So you think that other part of Nigeria cannot build international airport and sea port collect levies from it. Ask yourself why Yorubas are the most that cry over the internet over Biafra independent.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by resurgentxtian4: 7:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

No need to call ibibio or Kalahari here, U know personally who Lagos belongs to. It's public knowledge

Who does Lagos belong to? Please tell me.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by resurgentxtian4: 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2018
Odingo1:

Then let Yorubas form Odua Republic and whatever they like with lagos, they are the most that cry over the media over Biafra and at the same want to run a mini country within one Nigeria, so JAMB will change admission guideline and requirement for tertiary institutions found in Lagos and maybe other part of SW abi.

Let’s see what you igbos will do. You guys are giving the haters of your tribe (very many I must say) ammo to nail you in yorubaland. Just continue your folly and see if your tribe won’t be taught a lesson.

You will tell us if Lagos looks like your village in the east.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by overcomer90: 7:11pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ghnaija:
To me that a thumb up so our culture and heritage does not wipe off, 80 percent of students don't take there language serious in class
Does a credit pass in Yoruba language mean u actually know and understand the language
After most students do runs and expo to pass u are thinking that getting atleast a credit pass in Yoruba will make the students take the language seriously
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Odingo1: 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2018
resurgentxtian4:

Let’s see what you igbos will do. You guys are giving the haters of your tribe (very many I must say) ammo to nail you in yorubaland. Just continue your folly and see if your tribe won’t be taught a lesson.

You will tell us if Lagos looks like your village in the east.
As fas as you people are too afraid to stand on your two feet as a nation, lagos is for all Nigerians, go and form Odua Repulic and have lagos for yourself if fear will allow you not hiding under one Nigeria like cowards.

That law will never see a green-light because admission into tertiary institutions in Nigeria is regulated by federal agency.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Adebowale89(m): 7:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
asuustrike2009:

You are right but in the east they don't have laws that say you all state institutions most speak Igbo language. It is something that was naturally adopted same way many places in Lagos speak Yoruba

is that case not differ from Yorubas that are dissuading their kids from speaking Yoruba. one of the roles of a state govt and one of the regional leader is what ambode just implemented

as far as am concern is a wlc development. west is not east, if east like, let them implement theirs, no yawa

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by whitebeard(m): 7:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
Odkosh:
Go there and ask them. Or maybe yoh n list the different type of yoruba you talking about.
Bleep off jare unskillful thinker...it in u...
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by marvin904(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
Seenyo:

bring it on, uncircumcised ape!

look at this fool..
are you that hopeless that you can't leave me alone..or is your miserable life that frustrating that you want to drag me along..
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Danladi7: 7:57pm On Feb 12, 2018
but why is it that its the only Igbo that are wailing?

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Odingo1: 8:05pm On Feb 12, 2018
Danladi7:
but why is it that its the only Igbo that are wailing?
Which Igbos are wailing , anyone that is against this is Igbo
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 12, 2018
marvin904:

look at this fool..
are you that hopeless that you can't leave me alone..or is your miserable life that frustrating that you want to drag me along..
article of no commercial value!... crappy product of a doomed lineage!
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by SuccesYear: 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
praiseneofingz:
is God that will punish u ppl
so other tribes wey no be Yoruba too must have Yoruba too to get admission.
y not school in ur State then. Na by force?

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by zoedew: 9:35pm On Feb 12, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Lagos is not Yoruba land.

This is n information that is available to u. U can choose to spend time arguing it. Lagos is not Yoruba land, Its very simple.

A notorious fact needs no proof.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by texazzpete(m): 9:36pm On Feb 12, 2018
zoedew:

You miss my point. It is sought to draw your attention to the fact that while English Language is as National in Canada as French it would not be it to insist on conducting your affairs in English Language in Quebec. I hope you got my drift.

The official language of Quebec is French. It is the SOLE official language. You cannot insist on speaking English to conduct business in an enclave where the official language is not English.

English is the official language in Nigeria. In every single nook and cranny of Nigeria. Yet this law seemingly seeks to make it legit to conduct business and teach in yoruba, even to the exclusion of other non-Yoruba speakers.
Re: Yoruba Mandatory For Admission In Lagos Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2018
Seenyo:

you ain't wrong, buy look at it from this angel,
despite the fact that our local languages have
been part of our curriculum since independence,
we can't manufacture ordinary pencil!...
hence my notion that we should jettison non-working languages for working ones so that we can CATCH UP with the rest of the world technically! even English language hasn't advanced us much.
NB- Lagos house of assembly almost adopted mandarin 2yrs ago.
l

I could remember when I was in higher institution there are this set of students that will never understand what the lecturer taught until I have to do tutorials mixing things up with local dialects. before they will understand.

most concepts in English language can be understood by average Nigerian. the. only difference is the langauage. there is no advance countries that doesn't use her own language. if you buy BMW or Mercedes what will be written all over it is German. something as Spain. and Japan.

our language carries weight.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Bed Bugs Invade OAU Students' Mattresses In Hostel (Pictures) / Pastor Ibiyeomie Donates A Public School In Rivers (Pictures) / Top Ten Oldest Secondary School In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.