Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (689 Views)

Life Of A Broke Yahoo Guy (Fictional ) / In - Between ( A Fictional Story) / From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 1:09pm On Feb 12, 2018
From New York with Love
PART 1

Laila had just gotten out of a terrible relationship where her boyfriend showed her how tired he was of the relationship through rants and heavy blows. This was her second time of trying since Jason and she was already tired of loving. She vowed not to ever listen to Sandra on matters of the heart again as she was the one that talked her into accepting Adam’s proposal when she wasn’t sure what her heart was saying.
“Go girl, you so deserve this after all you’ve been through at the hands of that punk.” She remembered Sandra saying on the night Adam asked her to be his girlfriend.

She had already declined earlier but after having listened to Sandra, had said “Yes” the next time he asked. He used to be everything she asked for until recently. She didn’t know what had changed in the few months that she had known him before they started dating and now. She did her best to hang on to him because he was her joy, the reason she woke up every day, hands on phone and typing a “Good morning Hun” but now being with him felt like icy hell and she wanted out. Having already made up her mind, Laila picked up her phone and typed the liberating words. “I’m tired of living this façade. I’m Done” with quivering hands she tapped the send button and sealed the deal. That was the last she heard from him.

Years went by and Laila, still stuck to her “No more self-inflicted heartbreak” mantra secretly hoped for a little light, an adventure to sweep her of her feet. She had turned down all proposals and her course mates were beginning to attach reasons to her decision to stay away from ‘heartbreaks’ as that was the term she used when referring to guys. “She’s probably into females.” She heard someone whisper as she passed. She refused to be weighed down by the rumors they created. For all she cared they could go fall of some cliff or get swept away by some whirlwind. “Life is a lot more precious to spend it worrying over some guy your heart which is supposed to be pumping blood skips constantly for.” She would always tell Sandra who was beginning to worry a lot about her secluded life and her decision not to date again.

Laila devoted her time to learning to play the cello. She got so good that her friends advised her to consider going for competitions and seeing that it would help her get her mind off the lots of crap that have been creeping into her mind lately succumbed to their “You should so do this…” and “you were born for this…” She signed up and started preparing for the College Orchestra Battle. A competition hosted by Julliard a music school in New York which was held on every 14th of February. The competition had different instrumentalists from different colleges in one auditorium playing for a cash prize of 100,000USD and a scholarship to study music in Julliard. It was a big one but having been tutored by one of the best cellist in the country, she knew she stood a chance of carting away with her one of the top prizes. If only she knew the cupid package awaiting her...

#LexaNJ
#Lexastories
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by lovingyouhun: 7:33am On Feb 13, 2018
Nice! Always mention me whenever you update, thank you

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Ehmjay(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2018
Wow! Nice writeup
Ensure to mention me on the next update

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 13, 2018
Wow. Great Story! Mention me when you post or I'll sue you for causing sadness ☺.

1 Like

Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 11:11am On Feb 13, 2018
lovingyouhun:
....I will endeavour to do that dear
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 11:12am On Feb 13, 2018
Equatornoni:
Wow. Great Story! Mention me when you post or I'll sue you for causing sadness ☺.
....Lol.... I will for sure.
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 11:13am On Feb 13, 2018
Ehmjay:
Wow! Nice writeup
...Thanks dear... I will.
Re: From New York With Love... A Fictional Love Short Story... by Lexastories(f): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4342811/fictional-short-story-new-york
Please visit the above for the continuation of the story.. There was a little mistake
I'm really sorry dearies for any inconvenience at all...
Ehmjay:
Wow! Nice writeup
Equatornoni:
lovingyouhun:

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Life (episode 3) / Danger Of Blood Covenant Episode 1 / The Joy Of Soldierhood, By Richie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.