Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

Dog Mating - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Mating (2012 Views)

Dog Mating Free / Dog Mating Pig Got Stuck / Suggestions on dog mating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dog Mating by jayned: 2:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
If I have a stud and a female in my house is it ok to let them mate as often as they want? E.g everyday she is on heat?
Re: Dog Mating by Mckandre(m): 9:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
hm
Re: Dog Mating by prinzetobi: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2018
Actually depends on the males and females. Some males might loose interest after a few times, females also in most cases might revoke the male. And also many of the matings might not even make any meaning if the female hasn't ovulated.
So if you're wanting to mate them daily to increase chances of taking in, simply get an ovulation test strip, it'll allow you know when she ovulates, and then even if you do one mating, she'll take in still.
Re: Dog Mating by DOVpet(m): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2018
What are the signs of ovulation and what simple test can be done to determine it
Re: Dog Mating by jayned: 10:12am On Feb 13, 2018
prinzetobi:
Actually depends on the males and females. Some males might loose interest after a few times, females also in most cases might revoke the male. And also many of the matings might not even make any meaning if the female hasn't ovulated.
So if you're wanting to mate them daily to increase chances of taking in, simply get an ovulation test strip, it'll allow you know when she ovulates, and then even if you do one mating, she'll take in still.

Thanks for your response. So I should take it that there are no disadvantages? or no such thing as excessive mating?
Re: Dog Mating by prinzetobi: 10:25am On Feb 13, 2018
jayned:

Thanks for your response. So I should take it that there are no disadvantages? or no such thing as excessive mating?
So long as they're married before mating. The bitch is his all night, together forever. But there's no point stressing the male when bitch hasn't ovulated, as a matter of fact, the bitch would possibly resist the male if she's not ready.
Re: Dog Mating by prinzetobi: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2018
DOVpet:
What are the signs of ovulation and what simple test can be done to determine it
An ovulation detector/ test strip could help determine date of ovulation. Quite easy to use. .
Talk about signs, it's an internal ish, however, in some females, you see them flagging their tails, but nothing is cast in stone.
Re: Dog Mating by jayned: 10:28am On Feb 13, 2018
prinzetobi:

So long as they're married before mating. The bitch is his all night, together forever.

Lol. I will make sure we carryout the marriage ceremony before then.

1 Like

Re: Dog Mating by jayned: 10:29am On Feb 13, 2018
prinzetobi:

An ovulation detector/ test strip could help determine date of ovulation. Quite easy to use. .
Talk about signs, it's an internal ish, however, in some females, you see them flagging their tails, but nothing is cast in stone.

Can this strip be gotten from the average vet shops? and what's the cost please?
Re: Dog Mating by prinzetobi: 10:32am On Feb 13, 2018
Yes it can. Its actually NGN400 per strip. But you can only use a strip once, so you might need about 10 or more or even less, depending on when she ovulates.
You could as well get the microscopic ovulation detector too, not a strip and can be used for every bitch
Re: Dog Mating by jayned: 12:55pm On Feb 13, 2018
prinzetobi:
Yes it can. Its actually NGN400 per strip. But you can only use a strip once, so you might need about 10 or more or even less, depending on when she ovulates.
You could as well get the microscopic ovulation detector too, not a strip and can be used for every bitch

Insightful! kindly upload pictures of the strip and microscopic thingy at your leisure please.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me Rate This Caucasian Puppy / Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff) Puppies For Sale In Abuja, Nigeria! N120,000! / Imported Red Nose Pitbull, GSD, St. Bernard, British Bulldog, Chow Chow 4sale...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.