Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada (52030 Views)

12-year-old Pregnant Girl Shares Photos With Her Baby Daddy Says She Is Proud / How To Know A Virgin From A Distance / 12-Year-Old Pregnant South African Girl Kisses Her Baby Daddy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by allhealthcare: 2:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
Virgin, 29, who's expecting her first baby plans to remain sex-free after birth

Lauren sees it as "giving a middle finger to the people who told me I couldn't do it"

[img]https://2.bp..com/-xnXlkPyp_oM/WoE8hUhhHAI/AAAAAAAAHeA/C3T-CXo3UrwSjFX0cPGUE3tcUWi8pa9-gCLcBGAs/s1600/fref.jpg[/img]

Lauren's baby is due in June, and her journey to motherhood has certainly been distinctive.

For one, the 29-year-old's decision to have this baby went against the advice of doctors and friends.

Secondly, Lauren is a virgin - and she's in no rush whatsoever to change this.

A member of a deeply religious Manitoban community in Canada, from an early age Lauren knew she was "different."

"I was born with hypopituitarism, which means my pituitary gland is not formed properly," she tells VICE .

"It doesn't send the right hormonal messages to the other glands in the body, like the adrenaline gland or the ovaries."

It means not only has she had to take hormone replacements for a long time, but she came to puberty a lot later in life - a fact which was not lost on others.

"I was getting made fun of for being really flat chested, whereas everybody else was getting their boobs and everything at that point."

It was this that prompted her to go on the medication course, which "really sucked because it forced me to do something I wasn't necessarily ready for."

The teasing she experienced is something she can still recall vividly.
She continues: "I got teased for being flat chested or having buck teeth. Kids would latch on to anything that was different.

"A lot of that teasing has given me social anxiety to this day. My life started improving when I started looking like everyone else."

Yet despite all the mockery, Lauren is not only happy with being a virgin, but she's got no plans to become sexually active.

She does admit, how, since becoming pregnant "there have been times where I've felt like maybe it would be nice to have someone for that," she points out these instances are her "not acting like myself."

Even her experiences kissing have left her nonplussed, as she admits" "I've been kissed, very awkwardly. It's not something I want to relive."

Lauren has also tried dating, having gone on websites and tried to meet people that way, but she adds she's happier by herself.

As for getting pregnant itself, it was decision she had fight for.

"Initially my endocrinologist said it won't happen, that I'll need to get an egg donor and spend tens of thousands of dollars on IVF," she says.

"I felt really shut down."

Eventually she was referred to a fertility clinic and, after a year on a waiting list, her life changed.

Growing up in such a religious community, she partly sees motherhood as making a point to others.

"I make jokes about it but basically this is me giving a middle finger to the people who told me I couldn't do it because I’m not married yet.

"It's the opposite of a religious reason. If you're telling me I can't do this, I'm going to do it anyway."

Source: https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/29-year-old-virgin-expecting-12007360.amp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by urchhhhh: 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2018
Na lie joor,that stuff na fibroid,or ask her very well if she can tell you the truth,devil

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by josh123(m): 6:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Athiest will soon come here to spill trash

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by jamexborn(m): 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
angry
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by ClintonNzedimma(m): 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
Please if you kill any snake, check the stomach because 36 million naira may be inside.
Signed: By lalasticlala (SAN) of Ministry of Reptile Affairs

ps: SAN is Snake Advocate of Nairaland...nor vex

136 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 12, 2018
cry

I don't even know what to comment sef...

Maybe her mother was a virgin too and her name was Virginia and she flies Virgin Atlantic a lot... Virginity is in their DNA..

15 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by 12submarine(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
Virgin, yet pregnant? Na artificial insemination?

4 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
U don't minnit....

5 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by unilagsforum(m): 7:45pm On Feb 12, 2018
Pregnant virgin ke

1 Like

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
WONDERFUL WORLD!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by adaksbullet: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
Jesu grin
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by macphilip: 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2018
Can we have a Nigerian lady like this woman?

1 Like

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by RuddyFusion(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
Hmmmmmm anything else to see under the sun?

-_---__

Meanwhile for couples struggling to conceive .,..its happening at Fusion Nest Fertility Centre.....Try IVF at 50% off regular fees......who knows you may carry your own babies too.....

Numbers on the image below....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
unilagsforum:
Pregnant virgin ke
12submarine:
Virgin, yet pregnant? Na artificial insemination?
urchhhhh:
Na lie joor,that stuff na fibroid,or ask her very well if she can tell you the truth,devil

Make una try small small dey read now!
Haba!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by tballeyy(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
U go soon enter monopus
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by guywitzerogal(m): 7:47pm On Feb 12, 2018
That is the return of Jesus Christ

I must locate that woman cos am 1 of the wise men

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by konshency(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
why you too dey lie like dix
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by valdprof: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
I am not understanding
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by nairalanduseles: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
hahahaha she fit bw virgin but i fit sweae she dey take am for yansh

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by usba: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
urchhhhh:

Her response:

but basically this is me giving a middle finger to the people who told me I couldn't do it because I’m not married yet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by weirdtee: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Oyun emi mimo!

1 Like

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by 2lateBiafra: 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Pregnant VIRGIN,just imagining

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by LesbianBoy(m): 7:48pm On Feb 12, 2018
Pregnant virgin?

What!

Preeeeeeeeegnant?

Haa! Apostle must hear of this! angry
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by visijo(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
nice
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by Amirullaha(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2018
Wont the hymen break during childbirth

1 Like

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by Flexherbal(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
Amirullaha:
Wont the hymen break during childbirth

Good question.

10 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by DriveByKiller: 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
Complication between science and humanity’s self imposed limitations.
Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by ishowdotgmail(m): 7:50pm On Feb 12, 2018
She mistakenly fall on dick abi..... kontinuue

3 Likes

Re: Meet Lauren, 29-Year-Old Pregnant Virgin From Canada by mysteriousman(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2018
Incomplete story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Men Abroad Takes A Transgender Woman Home Mistakenly / The Madam At The Top / My Neighbor's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.