Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,119 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? (9192 Views)

Pls How Good Is Nissan Micra For Delivery Business ? / New Items Alert.. Mobil 1 Oil ...prestone Coolant.... Fram Oil Filter / Here Are Common CVT Transmission Problems In Honda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by jonnyp(m): 4:28pm On Dec 02, 2018
Pls house where can I get original cvt oil Atf for MORANO
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Crixie(m): 7:43pm On Dec 02, 2018
jonnyp:
Pls house where can I get original cvt oil Atf for MORANO
Depends on your location, But you can easily find nissan NS-2 most places
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by jonnyp(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2018
Crixie:

Depends on your location, But you can easily find nissan NS-2 most places
how much is the ns2 oil
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Crixie(m): 11:28am On Dec 04, 2018
jonnyp:
how much is the ns2 oil
I have given you price via WhatsApp abi?
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 01, 2019
Costee:

Curiosity finally got the better part of me. Three weeks and 300km ago I used the Mannol CVT fluid in my Primera. So far so good. Hope to give monthly updates till the end of the year. The Mannol oil was green like NS-2 which, if all goes well, would infer that NS-2 is perhaps backward compatible with NS-1.
The count down started mid July, and now at year's end it's gone 2489km. Not a single issue with the transmission ever since. In the next couple of months I intend to drain the fluid and refill with Nissan's NS-2 because it's more readily available. That should also remove further traces of the NS-1 left following the earlier admixture. I'll come back mid year with a feedback.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 2:37am On Jan 12, 2019
Costee:

The count down started mid July, and now at year's end it's gone 2489km. Not a single issue with the transmission ever since. In the next couple of months I intend to drain the fluid and refill with Nissan's NS-2 because it's more readily available. That should also remove further traces of the NS-1 left following the earlier admixture. I'll come back mid year with a feedback.
You did well sir. We will be expecting further updates.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 2:40am On Jan 12, 2019
pragmatistm:
*** Modified
See the oil can in the picture attached above
We actually ordered Ravenol transmission oil from US through laredojohn and we got it for more than N50k. But after using the oil the car still had issues.

Thus this mechanic was recommended. The guy actually knows much about the CVT transmission and fixed the problem. But upon finishing the job he removed the Ravenol oil and bought the Mobil oil I showed here and put it in the transmission. My friend the owner of the car was afraid but he told him he had been using it for sure and if the transmission should have any problem, he would bear all responsibility. He added that the oil should be charged once a year. Since then the car had presented no issues whatsoever.

I was just surprised to the bones. The transmission that Nissan claim that must not use any other oil except NISSAN CVT NS1! wonder shall never end.
Our original car of this thread has started having transmission problems after the mechanic use the wrong oil I reported before.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
Costee:

And so I filled with Nissan's NS-2 today (13/8/19) with 223,390 kilometres on the odometer. The Mannol CVT fluid drained ran 5,838 kilometres since 13 July 2018. No issues whatsoever. It's seems then that NS-2 is backward compatible with NS-1. I'll keep the house posted if the experiment runs into trouble grin
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 6:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
Costee:

And so I filled with Nissan's NS-2 today (13/8/19) with 223,390 kilometres on the odometer. The Mannol CVT fluid drained ran 5,838 kilometres since 13 July 2018. No issues whatsoever. It's seems then that NS-2 is backward compatible with NS-1. I'll keep the house posted if the experiment runs into trouble grin
Thanks ova costee for the updates. We will be following your "experiment" with keen interest.

As an update too, the original car transmission of the opening post ran into problem after the mechanic's experiment. The transmission was eventually replaced.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
pragmatistm:
Thanks ova costee for the updates. We will be following your "experiment" with keen interest.

As an update too, the original car transmission of the opening post ran into problem after the mechanic's experiment. The transmission was eventually replaced.
So what oil was/is used for this replacement?
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
Costee:

So what oil was/is used for this replacement?
I think dextron III. The transmission was not replaced with CVT transmission anyway.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 9:52am On Feb 18, 2020
Costee:

Long time Oga Costee. Its been over 6 months that you used NS-2 with the transmission. Any updates on the good performance or otherwise?
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2020
No otherwise. Performance remains knock-on-wood. In fact, I've used NS-2 on a friend's P11E these last two months.

1 Like

Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by aji2000(m): 10:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
Which transmission oil can I use for my Nissan xtrail.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by yomi3as(m): 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2020
pragmatistm:
WelI, when the owner took the mechanic with him in the car for a long journey, he said after driving for a fairly long distance the car would get hot and it would refuse to transmit until it's parked for some time. Then the man also said it was not getting to 5th gear. Thus he diagnosed the problem to be a failing selection switch. He replaced it and did some few things (I don't know exactly as I wasn't there) and replaced the oil we put in the tranny with the said Mobil oil. The car has covered quite a large distance but I don't know exactly how much as I'm not the owner.

Pls can you direct me to the guy/mechanic/both as I have a Nissan Almera Tino who has this problem. Works fine while driving but if it stays for too long in traffic and the engine gets hot, it will not transmit again until I park it for some time or the traffic moves and I keep driving at low gear(slow speed like on manual gear 1 in slow motion) then suddenly it will begin to start transmitting and self-select to the next gear before the transmission normalizes again.. Help a friend abeg o. I live in Lagos along lekki-Epe expressway
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by maxjax(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2020
yomi3as:

Pls can you direct me to the guy/mechanic/both as I have a Nissan Almera Tino who has this problem. Works fine while driving but if it stays for too long in traffic and the engine gets hot, it will not transmit again until I park it for some time or the traffic moves and I keep driving at low gear(slow speed like on manual gear 1 in slow motion) then suddenly it will begin to start transmitting and self-select to the next gear before the transmission normalizes again.. Help a friend abeg o. I live in Lagos along lekki-Epe expressway

the transmission fluid needs replacement urgently.....may be NS-2 will be a perfect match. seek for more advice
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 6:51am On Oct 26, 2020
yomi3as:

Do you still need the mechanic's contact. If yes, I can help get it from my friend. The mechanic is around Sango.

The first question you need to answer is when last did you service the transmission and with what oil? Your answer may lead to the solution to the problem.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by pragmatistm(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2020
aji2000:
Which transmission oil can I use for my Nissan xtrail.

Check the transmission dip stick. It should be written on a small sticker on it.
Else check owners manual or go online for confirmed information.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by NinaMiliano: 1:15am On May 31, 2021
Which transmission fluid can I use for 2009 Nissan Altima 2.5SL?
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by Peppermintflav: 9:48am On May 31, 2021
NinaMiliano:
If it's CVT use NS-2 oil. Was 18k last year, I'm sure it will be 20+ now. And you might need to buy two cans.
Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by DMechyy: 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
NinaMiliano:

CVT NS-2

In Stock

Price: 24,000

Pay on Delivery

Re: Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? by luuvv: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2022
DMechyy:

CVT NS-2

In Stock

Price: 24,000

Pay on Delivery

Do you have matic D and J?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nissan Rogue Trail Warrior Project Sets Triangular Tracks For Adventure / Automatic Vs Manual Gear In Bmw / Okada Riders Flouts Lagos Law On Restricted Routes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.